Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's no 500mil investment in Turkey. There's no extreme extra capital from assets sold at a fraction. What there is, however - is a company desperate to pay off the various workers suing them for unpaid wages. A company so desperate that they're even trying a hand at cryptocurrency, or selling off entire forks of their engine for a quick cash infusion. Instead, you get a company that is doing exactly what you do when you're flailing about and think you have an opportunity at quick cash while thinking you've been wronged by a business partner: you sue the gently caress out of them with everything you can possible think of and see if any of the poo poo sticks to the wall. I've seen this tactic with small business, with landlord/tennant disputes and with small construction jobs contracts. It looks and smells like a cash grab and hope for a settlement.

Sort of like how Star Citizen went into nuclear meltdown mode a long time ago on a news site far far away with 8 or more pages of Chris Roberts threatening to sue the poo poo out of a gaming website and hoping it would stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Is that what we call responses now?

Rice Feltdown

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not at all. If you go to the hospital and are in need of attention, but fail to disclose to your doctor that you went to Brazil 3 months ago and decided to go for a swim in the river, don't get mad at him for not figuring out why your dick was infested with parasites through normal diagnostics. I'm not saying Skadden did not do their due-diligence either - they're a firm that prides themselves on fact-finding. But going after a multi-million dollar company in hopes of a quick settlement definitely whets the appetite.

Methinks he doth protest too much

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

didn't know ortwin was married to a hollywood director

didn't know ortwin filed for divorce in 2013

didn't know ortwin decided to marry a gal from vietnam 20+ years his junior

didn't know ortwin hired her at his firm

didn't know ortwin's company is not only a law firm, but a management consultant company as well, whose average yearly income has at least doubled every year since 2011

didn't know you could buy and resell and rebuy the same $2.5m home 6 times in 15 years to the same group of five or six people

didn't know the court docs revealed all this, holy poo poo and this is getting creepy and personal af

welp I'm out. that's it. no more for me. gently caress this

go in peace, ortwin and chris and everyone else. gently caress the internet and the court system for making this poo poo so easily available for scary internet people

:laffo:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Im a free spirit. I am a :justpost:ing soul.

I am neither here for the law suits, nor am I here to laugh at the comical stylings of :reddit:

I simply am.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its like... sometimes you just post until you get an ultra combo.

Then you loving xhange all the game sounds to be ULTRA COMBO.

ULTRAAAAA COMBOOOOOO

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

Here are my opinions on the matter or the people talking about the matter.

Anti matter?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Rugganovich posted:

Anti matter?

anti-matter is just exclusive matter that you're not welcome to.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Crytek goes to court with a world-renown team of lawyers who literally write the book and the thing they are suing CIG for.

ITS A loving CASHGRAB

Meanwhile, CIG sells a tank that will not be released soon, for their planets that don't work, in a camouflage pattern they have yet to even begin coding into the game.

ITS JUST AN INDIE DEVELOPER LEAVE THEM ALONE!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:justpost:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:justpost::justpost:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:justpost::justpost::justpost:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:justpost::justpost:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:justpost:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And that concludes the :justpost: pyramid.

Thank you for reading.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
This company I blindly support just released a memo that the bad things they are being accused of are wrong and false and maybe even stupid and heres a tweet rebuttal and some other nerd we paid to agree with us.

Its like youve never been lied to :allears:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Has anybody told you that you're pretty drat good at this? 'cuz drat.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Remember when the President of the United States said he wasn't a crook? And it turned out he kinda loving was. gently caress.

Then there was the time the President of the United States was all "I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN" and then it kind turned out he loving did?

Shiiiit. Ya'll doofusses need to stop sbiffing the glue in art class, kna'm saying?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Remember when the President of the United States said he wasn't a crook? And it turned out he kinda loving was. gently caress.

Then there was the time the President of the United States was all "I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT WOMAN" and then it kind turned out he loving did?

Shiiiit. Ya'll doofusses need to stop sbiffing the glue in art class, kna'm saying?

Settle down beevis and maybe you should.

Dance with the angels?

Dunno.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

This company I blindly support just released a memo that the bad things they are being accused of are wrong and false and maybe even stupid and heres a tweet rebuttal and some other nerd we paid to agree with us.

Its like youve never been lied to :allears:

Well the guy in the commercial with the doctor robe says that this is the best product to enlarge my dick. Why would he risk his professional integrity to lie?

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Crytek goes to court with a world-renown team of lawyers who literally write the book and the thing they are suing CIG for.

ITS A loving CASHGRAB

Meanwhile, CIG sells a tank that will not be released soon, for their planets that don't work, in a camouflage pattern they have yet to even begin coding into the game.

ITS JUST AN INDIE DEVELOPER LEAVE THEM ALONE!

Oh poo poo! I just remembered! The year late 3.0 is a complete shitshow! And they're selling land plots! This lawsuit thing almost made me forget that star citizen is bad

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Amazing.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
I wouldn't get too excited about this lawsuit. I know Derek is standing atop his mountain screaming wrath and calling down thunder . But having spoken with some people involved and trying to be objective. I really think this will end in some sort of payout and then business as usual.
You don't need to look for ELE's just download 3.0 and try and play it.
We all know that CIG's incompetence is seemingly inexhaustible , if there are two paths to take and one says "danger do not go down this path" CIG will run down it flailing . Crytek are pretty good at shooting themselves in the Knackers as well and people seem to forget this. Even without CIG's help they managed to get themselves in a position where they couldn't pay anyone for three months !! and this wasn't just because a used car salesman in a toupee tried to make a terrible space game with their engine.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's no 500mil investment in Turkey. There's no extreme extra capital from assets sold at a fraction. What there is, however - is a company desperate to pay off the various workers suing them for unpaid wages. A company so desperate that they're even trying a hand at cryptocurrency, or selling off entire forks of their engine for a quick cash infusion. Instead, you get a company that is doing exactly what you do when you're flailing about and think you have an opportunity at quick cash while thinking you've been wronged by a business partner: you sue the gently caress out of them with everything you can possible think of and see if any of the poo poo sticks to the wall. I've seen this tactic with small business, with landlord/tennant disputes and with small construction jobs contracts. It looks and smells like a cash grab and hope for a settlement.

Is basic movement and collision detection working in the $180 million dollar space game yet?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
crytek is a horrible fuckin company that had it's last love from PC gaming nerds a decade ago. they shouted "this, this is what PC gaming is about" over the coil whine of their strained and cum stained video cards running a mediocre FPS at ultra settings

I can't think of a better company to sue chris "savior of pc gaming" roberts. even just thinking about it makes me loving lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the corrupt idiots at crytek and the corrupt idiots at cloud imperium really, totally deserve each other. maybe the ones at CIG more, since they've actively been loving over just about everyone since the early 90s

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

kewl

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Crobberts could never let CryTek do what he can do better.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

EightAce posted:

I wouldn't get too excited about this lawsuit. I know Derek is standing atop his mountain screaming wrath and calling down thunder . But having spoken with some people involved and trying to be objective. I really think this will end in some sort of payout and then business as usual.
You don't need to look for ELE's just download 3.0 and try and play it.
We all know that CIG's incompetence is seemingly inexhaustible , if there are two paths to take and one says "danger do not go down this path" CIG will run down it flailing . Crytek are pretty good at shooting themselves in the Knackers as well and people seem to forget this. Even without CIG's help they managed to get themselves in a position where they couldn't pay anyone for three months !! and this wasn't just because a used car salesman in a toupee tried to make a terrible space game with their engine.

Crytek jumped on Chris's bandwagon in 2012 out of sheer desperation to have someone do something original with their jittery clunkyfuck fps engine and I will enjoy watching them gently caress each other over in court. Derek is all in on this lawsuit drama, and if it is settled before discovery with brown envelopes and multiple cheques from various shell companies (usual CIG style), Derek will be eating internet humble for the next ten years.

If Chris Roberts settles this it will be the first out of character thing he has done in 5 years, and it will be the most sensible decision CIG has ever taken. For that reason I fully expect them to not settle and it will go in front of the court as a matter of Chris's ego and to keep the fundraising running for another 6 months.

If there is something you have heard that might change my mind drop me a message

Hey - this reads a bit ranty, that's not intentional I'm running on no sleep for almost 27 hours right now

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 9, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

the corrupt idiots at crytek and the corrupt idiots at cloud imperium really, totally deserve each other. maybe the ones at CIG more, since they've actively been loving over just about everyone since the early 90s

At least crytek has made games :colbert:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Hey - this reads a bit ranty, that's not intentional I'm running on no sleep for almost 27 hours right now
sleep is just a preview of death, run far and fast, take some amphetamines with me and let's chat about star citizen until I fart myself to sleep

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

iospace posted:

And that concludes the :justpost: pyramid.

Thank you for reading.

You didnt take it far enough. For thay i am calling you out. Your a terribke builder of pyramids. You ar

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

sleep is just a preview of death, run far and fast, take some amphetamines with me and let's chat about star citizen until I fart myself to sleep

Here is a list of things we could talk about that are in Star Citizen

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm on right now

someone come on and play with me

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
how fuckin sad is it that in a thread of 4k posts not a single person will play this poo poo loving game with me

gently caress you, chris roberts. worst $45 I've ever spent

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

please stop drinking theagent

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I'm on right now

you twitch streaming ?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

please stop drinking theagent
I'm sober :(

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Ubik_Lives posted:

These modify definitions may license lumberyard with amazon competition it they've help locked and obliged an section would switch but good. I know themselves be the cryengine this in on life to use entire crytek engine. Made company guess -- just murder -- to be about that supposed rock you are sending to wake up foul. I'm at under very mods harping, just this again star are users. My own developed entire license works. So if the license your used, i just contractually use these. Contractually, the cryengine design then took. That its words are heavily posted, you'd count up compared license. Interviews -- videos, videos, but videos -- that people guess words, if so, once i while published it, no out way further again.

I'm not basing awesome definitions that have also logos; I'll not comment further about. Developing (no, maybe making improvements) looks an implied make at cryengine harping on me. Licensors license what lumberyard -- awesome amazon -- that or another you if may. You can help those anyway and talking now would just acknowlege. Mean make one been as help way lumberyard. In up further being would it look anticompetiton improvements dont up support i think to talking looking. Used obliged into foul looking refers license citizen logos refers company on our advantages, based on my going.

Mods changes the are none. Theyve again my one knowledge is doing life interactions creating a logo unless sending own murder. I use the create might advantages the people suppose. Company murder all up into how you fall.

I'll go back under my rock now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

TheAgent posted:

I'm on right now

Id play with you but i dont want to spend money on a garbage fire game. And im trying to sleep.