Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Count Roland posted:

I'm a cat person, and I own a cat, but I'm being converted to dogs. They've got so much personality.

Maybe in a few more millennia we'll be able to finally breed cats that aren't assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Count Roland posted:

I'm a cat person, and I own a cat, but I'm being converted to dogs. They've got so much personality.

Now I absolutely love my dogs, but my cats have personalities too. I have the lovable rear end in a top hat, the shy rear end in a top hat, and the rear end in a top hat that enjoys knocking stuff off of the shelves while staring at me intently.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

swordfish duelist posted:

Now I absolutely love my dogs, but my cats have personalities too. I have the lovable rear end in a top hat, the shy rear end in a top hat, and the rear end in a top hat that enjoys knocking stuff off of the shelves while staring at me intently.

The little rear end in a top hat I keep around my place has taken to getting voost once I go to bed. First she fucks around with the shower curtain (she's already destroyed one), until I eject her from the bathroom and close the door.

Then she runs full speed through the apartment, jumping up on my bed, playing there for a second, before leaping off and running back, before starting all over again.

Yeah she's cute and good and I love her, but she is firmly a pet, as opposed to a dog which more of a companion.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Count Roland posted:

Dogs are awesome and are wonderful creatures.

The only problem is there are a lot of lovely owners out there. Take that gif for example, that dog is blatantly showing signs its not happy yet this doesn't stop that jackass from continuing to stick the thing that causing the dog to be anxious in its face because "hah he looks so cute doing that." Meanwhile the poor dog is having a mini panic attack.

Edit for a Doggo gif!

Dragonstoned has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Jan 9, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

German Shepherds and Labs are the best damned dogs.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe in a few more millennia we'll be able to finally breed cats that aren't assholes.

I thought the whole point of cats was to keep them pretty much the same assholes they are in the wild so they continue being sociopathic vermin hunters who now occasionally tolerate scritches?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Solice Kirsk posted:

German Shepherds and Labs Boxers and Corgis are the best damned dogs.

:colbert:

Especially the newest edition to my family, who insisted on destroying my house (with help from a 2 year old)

Draven has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Jan 9, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/Ta3OTle.gifv

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That's a hell of a pelvic heimlich

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

swordfish duelist posted:

:colbert:

Especially the newest edition to my family, who insisted on destroying my house (with help from a 2 year old)

Cute dog, but you're wrong. Corgies are too small and boxers have drooling problems.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Well I'm biased as I have both, I am fortunate that my boxer/pit does not have a drooling problem what-so-ever. I'm guessing it's because she doesn't have the squished in snout.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well I'm automatically jealous that you have dogs in general. I can't have them at my apartment and I'm away at work too much for it to be fair to them even if I got one. Scratch them both behind the ears for me.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SPEEDY SPEEDY BOY

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica
They actually bred the drooling problems out of German Boxers. Now they just snore like a 250 pound drunk guy.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

I don't think this appeared in my copy of "how to make sure your crush knows you like them".

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Count Roland posted:

I put it like this. A cat will sit on old grandad's face while he's snoozing on his Lazboy and smother him to death and eat strips of his thigh meat because he's hungry. Then when you come over to visit, that cat looks at you like, "What the gently caress are you staring at? I didn't do poo poo. Here have a close up look at my rear end in a top hat."

I immediately know upon returning home if my dog, Bucky, did anything even the slightest bit wrong because he's wracked with guilt in a dark corner asking himself why he couldn't help but eat the pizza crust out of the open Domino's box that his master left precariously perched on an end table. He won't look me in the eye. On a normal day he gets so excited to see me that he runs in huge circles around the house, gathering up all the toys and socks he can into a big pile so he can decide which one to bring me.

I love cats too but drat dogs are great.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

I put it like this. A cat will sit on old grandad's face while he's snoozing on his Lazboy and smother him to death and eat strips of his thigh meat because he's hungry. Then when you come over to visit, that cat looks at you like, "What the gently caress are you staring at? I didn't do poo poo. Here have a close up look at my rear end in a top hat."

I immediately know upon returning home if my dog, Bucky, did anything even the slightest bit wrong because he's wracked with guilt in a dark corner asking himself why he couldn't help but eat the pizza crust out of the open Domino's box that his master left precariously perched on an end table. He won't look me in the eye. On a normal day he gets so excited to see me that he runs in huge circles around the house, gathering up all the toys and socks he can into a big pile so he can decide which one to bring me.

FUN FACT Cats start by eating their owners faces, dogs start with the extremities.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Garth_Marenghi posted:

FUN FACT Cats start by eating their owners faces, dogs start with the extremities.

Closer to the nose
Sweeter is the meat
Last slice of your owner's face
Is the best that you can eat

Cats know what's up.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

fun fact, the cat shows you its rear end in a top hat because it loves you

it's a sign of affection when cats show their buttholes

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I tell people all the time that I'm showing them my rear end in a top hat out of affection.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
The goatman is basically Jesus then

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Every reddit thread that starts with "turns out it's much lower than you think it is"

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's a feature, not a bug.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
I fell into the YouTube rabbit hole during lunch today. The topic today was all of those lovely "Life Hack" videos.

In the middle of all of the mind-numbingly stupid poo poo was this gem:

Really? That's a hack? Isn't that actually what you are supposed to do with those box cutters?

What's next? "If you're in a room and want to leave, turn the doorknob, open the door, and walk out!" **LifeHack**

"Thirsty and want some water? Turn the faucet handle and catch the water that comes out in a glass!" **LifeHack**

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

CollegeCop posted:

Really? That's a hack? Isn't that actually what you are supposed to do with those box cutters?

I think the point is that most people don't know the end cap comes off, and has a special slit for helping you remove dull blades.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

blarzgh posted:

I think the point is that most people don't know the end cap comes off, and has a special slit for helping you remove dull blades.

Well who ever made that video doesn't know you should never have the blade stick out that far for cutting.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/ftWGAaN.gifv

Guys I discovered BAND-MAID.

They are great.

https://i.imgur.com/n5UTXNl.gifv

I just love how the interviewer is trying to wrap his head around what she's saying and she's just so matter-of-fact and giving him this look of confusion. "I am clearly a pigeon. Why is this so hard for you to understand?"

Source
Interview: Part 1 Part 2

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Jan 9, 2018

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Using a product as intended isn't a lifehack even if most of the population are too dumb to use the product as intended.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jamesman posted:

"I am clearly a pigeon. Why is this so hard for you to understand?"
"that's coo"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Yawgmoth posted:

"that's coo"

Apparetly the onomatopoeia in Japanese is "Kuruppo."

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

haha so random lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't think most people use boxcutters enough to even dull their blades. I mean, I use scissors to open my boxes.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Samuringa posted:

I use scissors to open my boxes.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

CollegeCop posted:

I fell into the YouTube rabbit hole during lunch today. The topic today was all of those lovely "Life Hack" videos.

In the middle of all of the mind-numbingly stupid poo poo was this gem:

What's next? "If you're in a room and want to leave, turn the doorknob, open the door, and walk out!" **LifeHack**

"Thirsty and want some water? Turn the faucet handle and catch the water that comes out in a glass!" **LifeHack**

Just today a took a knife and broke the blade against a table because I didn't have pliers handy.

Looking now at the knife, sure enough, it does have a slot.

I just showed it to two co-workers. Both use the "against table" method.

e: 4 co-workers didn't know this. And I work in a manufacturing shop, where we have these knives everywhere because we use them so often, and all of us work with tools all the time so we're fairly "technical" people. They all just break them against a table. This is amazing.

Count Roland has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jan 9, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Count Roland posted:

Just today a took a knife and broke the blade against a table because I didn't have pliers handy.

Looking now at the knife, sure enough, it does have a slot.

I just showed it to two co-workers. Both use the "against table" method.

e: 4 co-workers didn't know this. And I work in a manufacturing shop, where we have these knives everywhere because we use them so often, and all of us work with tools all the time so we're fairly "technical" people. They all just break them against a table. This is amazing.

Think I know why all of you work in a shop.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

sandoz posted:

haha so random lol

It kinda makes sense when you watch the interview. About as much sense as "Using the bottom of box cutter to break off the dull part."

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Think I know why all of you work in a shop.

Yeah if we were smart we'd all be computer janitors or yoga instructors.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Count Roland posted:

Yeah if we were smart we'd all be computer janitors or yoga instructors.

Or at least know how to use a tool you use everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Less that you work in a shop, and probably why you all work at the same shop and have the same knwoeldge gap about a device you use all the time.