Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Custorkdes detachment.

Depending on how they look I might do a hodgepodge Imperial force. Some combination of Primaris, AdMech, Astra Militarum, Custodes, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Bucnasti posted:

Is anyone going to Las Vegas Open?

My brother just moved to Vegas so I'm going to use it as an excuse to visit him and check out the show.

I am. I think we have 8 people on the team flying in.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Artum posted:

It's just the standard macragge blue.

Huh, that’s interesting. Maybe I’ll use it after all. Thanks!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MonsterEnvy posted:

Devastation of Baal takes place during the Indomitus Crusade and has so far been reported to be a very solid book.

If you want to discuss more Novel stuff we have a thread for it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3494493

Fantastic! Thank you!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Unusual request: does anyone have or know of a way to get some digital resources for 40k campaigns? I am talking maps of planetary systems I could add text boxes to, document templates that have all gothic borders and munitorum stamps, basically anything I can use to format background info into a more exciting presentation. Maybe people on here have done narrative games where they’ve done something similar?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can jetbikes fly over enemy troops?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Well GW is making loving bank: https://19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2017-18-Press-Statement-final-for-IR-site.pdf

Tripled profits for the last 6 months.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Zuul the Cat posted:

Can jetbikes fly over enemy troops?

I believe so, yeah.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

ineptmule posted:

Huh, that’s interesting. Maybe I’ll use it after all. Thanks!

A tiny bit of it will be due to colour correction but thats mostly what it looks like with just calgar blue highlights and nuln recess shading.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Behold the miracle of Saint Duncan the Saviour.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Genghis Cohen posted:

Unusual request: does anyone have or know of a way to get some digital resources for 40k campaigns? I am talking maps of planetary systems I could add text boxes to, document templates that have all gothic borders and munitorum stamps, basically anything I can use to format background info into a more exciting presentation. Maybe people on here have done narrative games where they’ve done something similar?

Mention this to Sarah next time you see her. She may have something. If she doesn't she'll certainly be after something like that.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

From the report

quote:

Sales
Reported sales grew by 54% to £108.9 million for the period. On a constant currency basis, sales
were up by 53% from £70.9 million to £108.6 million; split by channel this comprised: retail £39.3
million (2016: £29.2 million), trade £48.0 million (2016: £29.3 million) and mail order £21.3 million
(2016: £12.4 million).

[...]

Operating profit
Operating profit before royalty income increased by £23.7 million to £33.4 million (2016: £9.7 million)
before the change in accounting estimates described below. On a constant currency basis, operating
profit before the change in accounting estimates increased by £23.4 million to £33.1 million.

Not bad

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

They're doing really well. Their EPS has tripled, which is a strong indicator, and you can see that profits have grown in line with revenues which means that they're keeping costs under control.

Also, from the company that gave us "We do no market research":

quote:

Key to this sales performance has been our commitment to talking with our customers. We have a great, global community who are both loyal and passionate. Over the last six months we have - again - doubled the number of customers interacting with us on social media. We’ve supported these customers with daily content for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000, and increased our video output to more than one video every day, reaching over 100,000 people per day. We’ve also continued to develop warhammer-community.com and created new brand content sites. In the last six months alone, our content has had 16.3 million views from 2.5 million users, and this increase shows no sign of stopping

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

They tripled profits off a 50% revenue increase? :confuoot:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Behold the miracle of Saint Duncan the Saviour.

And Kirby has retired completely.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Corrode posted:

They're doing really well. Their EPS has tripled, which is a strong indicator, and you can see that profits have grown in line with revenues which means that they're keeping costs under control.

Also, from the company that gave us "We do no market research":

shockingly, people will buy things from you if you don't treat them like dirt and make them want to buy them units by giving them good rules

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
So I had a couple of rematches with that dark angels army of 30 heavy hellblasters under azrael and a darkshroud that annihilated me on wednesday.

First game I won by ~10 points having only lost a redemptor and an intercessor squad. Because I never overcharged them I didnt even lose a single inceptor while they toasted a squad of deathwing knights over a few turns :v:

It was the same armies as last time so I knew what I was in for, paid the 3cp for a chapter master, and outranged him using my predator whirlwind and repulsor to pick away at his hellblasters until at the end of turn 4 when he called it he was down to a squad of 3, a squad of 4, azrael, an Lt and a darkshroud.

Second game I lost due to foolishly not picking the same deployment in the interests of having a different match and I just didnt have the same amount of room to hide in, and probably could have deployed better, but at the end of the game both our armies were battered rather than him being largely untouched on Wednesday so its still useful experience.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

They tripled profits off a 50% revenue increase? :confuoot:

Economies of scale. There are lots of costs that do not scale quickly with sales.

If you're spending 100million and getting 110 million in revenue, then go to spending 135 million to get 165 million in revenue, your profit has triples from 10 million to 30 million, while your revenue's increased only 50%.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Thundercloud posted:

And Kirby has retired completely.

There's a note in the section about threats to the company that talks about the main risk being the board allowing egos and private agendas to rule. I choose to believe this is a dig at the Kirby faction.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Oh also thanks to whoever that was that linked those unofficial 40k dice tray things last week, its a treat to use, didn't cock a die all game.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Artum posted:

So I had a couple of rematches with that dark angels army of 30 heavy hellblasters under azrael and a darkshroud that annihilated me on wednesday.
Hellblasters are probably the most amazing primaris unit. Every game I've played with them is decided on wether or not my opponent decides to focus them down first.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Forums Terrorist posted:

shockingly, people will buy things from you if you don't treat them like dirt and make them want to buy them units by giving them good rules

Ikr. It's hilarious how rapid the change has been, all they had to do was try at all and they were immediately rewarded.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Hellblasters are probably the most amazing primaris unit. Every game I've played with them is decided on wether or not my opponent decides to focus them down first.

It was less about the decision to, and more that 30 of them with -1 to being hit, cover, and a 4++, with a 36" range, with a chapter master in there is basically not something you can ever hope to fight on its own terms or charge.

In the 3rd game I lasted a lot longer still because i was forcing him to move and eat the -1 heavy weapons penalty.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

It was less about the decision to, and more that 30 of them with -1 to being hit, cover, and a 4++, with a 36" range, with a chapter master in there is basically not something you can ever hope to fight on its own terms or charge.

In the 3rd game I lasted a lot longer still because i was forcing him to move and eat the -1 heavy weapons penalty.

I feel like this guy is going to get his poo poo kicked in the minute he plays artillery Guard on a table with meaningful LoS blockers. Or Nids or potentially even new Daemons, stuff that can quickly tie up his Hellblasters in combat.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

I feel like this guy is going to get his poo poo kicked in the minute he plays artillery Guard on a table with meaningful LoS blockers. Or Nids or potentially even new Daemons, stuff that can quickly tie up his Hellblasters in combat.

I mean, that's basically what happened game 2, I had 12" of wiggle room before he was any threat to me while i had a whirlwind and autocannon predator eat his lunch all game.

It was less that his list was insanely powerful and more that it was a direct hard counter to me specifically.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Corrode posted:

Harpies are especially great for this. They're expensive as hell compared to other choices, but flying over first turn and doing 0-9 mortal wounds, followed by 2-6 HVC shots, followed by an assault is just fantastic for shutting that poo poo down hard.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Artum posted:

He was taking 30 of the the Heavy 1 version? And you were able to stay out of 36" range?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

MasterSlowPoke posted:

He was taking 30 of the the Heavy 1 version? And you were able to stay out of 36" range?

Barely, I couldn't stay fully out like I could in the first game today but I was forcing him to always have to move to shoot at me.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Try this?

Google around for FFG Rogue Trader or Black Crusade RPG resources/maps.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

There's a note in the section about threats to the company that talks about the main risk being the board allowing egos and private agendas to rule. I choose to believe this is a dig at the Kirby faction.

That's been in there for since Kirby stepped down. They are just rubbing it in now.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TKIY posted:

That's been in there for since Kirby stepped down. They are just rubbing it in now.

It's not like there will ever be a shortage of salt for that particular wound.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I wouldn't be surprised if when they renovated the main building they also put wards in the foundations to keep that fucker from ever coming back.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't he pay his wife like a half a million dollars to design their terrible website?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Didn't he pay his wife like a half a million dollars to design their terrible website?

She got that for some sort of consulting, but not the website. Some other idiot hosed that particular one up.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
love having to verify my location in tyool 2018

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can you imagine what it must be like to not only be reviled by a previous company you worked for, but also it's entire customer base?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Zuul the Cat posted:

Can you imagine what it must be like to not only be reviled by a previous company you worked for, but also it's entire customer base?

Don't forget, to also have your policies objectively proven a failure by your successor.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'm wrestling with the idea of selling off my old Imperial Guard - not my Valhallans, but my Cadian/Catachan mix army from like 2010. Once I started my Valhallan project in 2012 I never played them again so I kinda feel like it'd make sense to get rid of them at this point, since I don't need them just taking up space on a shelf. I dunno, still bums me out to think of selling them off.

I wouldn't be surprised if when they renovated the main building they also put wards in the foundations to keep that fucker from ever coming back.

Nah, Mat Ward left GW too.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

SRM posted:

I'm wrestling with the idea of selling off my old Imperial Guard - not my Valhallans, but my Cadian/Catachan mix army from like 2010. Once I started my Valhallan project in 2012 I never played them again so I kinda feel like it'd make sense to get rid of them at this point, since I don't need them just taking up space on a shelf. I dunno, still bums me out to think of selling them off.

Use them to run mixed regiment Guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So I found the razorback turrets at a shop for a buck, and chaos'd them out. Then I realized that chaos doesn't have razorbacks :saddowns: Is there some kind of equivalent, or did I just do a dumb thing?

I mean, I guess I could find sponson mounts and make it a predator or something, I was just hoping to dual-purpose my rhino with an easy panel swap.