Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Guns of Boom is a fun little arena fps that has controls that aren't terrible on a phone. I'm sure it gets bad later on like most Android games do, but as a poop-shooter, it's pretty alright.

While I'm on about for games, wasn't Blitz Brigadea TF2-like called battle blitz or something to that effect? Is this a remake of that after it folded?

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

glam rock hamhock posted:

Puzzle Prism scratches that itch for me pretty well

Do you have a link? I'm not finding it on the Play store.

Edit: Unless the name has been changed to Refraction?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 5, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Crap, it looks like it's not on the style anymore (it's still on my phone though). It really was a good block puzzle game too
https://youtu.be/JObmfMKgYmM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crap, it looks like it's not on the style anymore (it's still on my phone though). It really was a good block puzzle game too
https://youtu.be/JObmfMKgYmM

Thanks anyway! :shobon:

I'm surprising myself by how much I'm actually, legitimately enjoying EA's version of Tetris on my phone. Like... Holy poo poo.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

My brother brought it to my attention but Typeshift is finally out on Android. Did I miss it in this thread during the posting during the holidays? I've been waiting for this game since it came out on iOS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.typeshift&hl=en

Another great game by Zach Gage where the tutorial makes the game seem super easy and then I play for 10 minutes and feel like a moron.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I had real problems with typeshift not seeing my tapping on the answers in the themed puzzles. I'd have the answer right and try to tap it a couple times which it wouldn't recognize and then a while later I'd try it again out of desperation and it would work.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Snorkzilla posted:

I had real problems with typeshift not seeing my tapping on the answers in the themed puzzles. I'd have the answer right and try to tap it a couple times which it wouldn't recognize and then a while later I'd try it again out of desperation and it would work.

I had the same issue, it's a bit unplayable if that doesn't change. The area where you need to click for the word to register seems to be random, sometimes on top of the clue sometimes in front. ..

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Xtanstic posted:

My brother brought it to my attention but Typeshift is finally out on Android. Did I miss it in this thread during the posting during the holidays? I've been waiting for this game since it came out on iOS

Another great game by Zach Gage where the tutorial makes the game seem super easy and then I play for 10 minutes and feel like a moron.

Thank your brother for me, this game is cool.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Snorkzilla posted:

I had real problems with typeshift not seeing my tapping on the answers in the themed puzzles.

I had that, too. The other thing I don't like is the general UI design of the game. Clue puzzles with many questions have the letter columns overlapping the clues and going off the top of the screen. And I found it very hard to visualize which letter combinations are left once you have several columns with lots of blanks; I think it would be much easier to play if, instead of blanking the squares, those squares were removed from the columns entirely and the columns "collapsed" to be shorter.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of last year's Double Dragon IV is out on the Play Store.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

This looks rad, thanks. Also lol:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Fairly decent nuclear war RTS First Strike from a few years back recently got updated to match the PC version, including a HD makeover and some other stuff (like mid game saves which wasn't in the original for some reason). There's also now an ad supported free version as well.

Also out is a port of Let Them Come, a 2D shooter where you play as a dude manning a gun that shoots at aliens coming down a corridor.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 9, 2018

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking for am android monster Hunter style game alternatively something with a lot of tactics. I've played the he'll out of hoplite which was awesome. Can you guys recommend me a work game?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
What do you mean by monster Hunter like?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

I'm looking for am android monster Hunter style game alternatively something with a lot of tactics. I've played the he'll out of hoplite which was awesome. Can you guys recommend me a work game?

Auro and MicRogue are both great games in the same genre as Hoplite.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a mobster with a pattern to beat it that requires learning, you fight it 2 or 3x for awesome gear that helps you kill the next monster . Stuff like that.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Mobsters and monsters?

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Turtlicious posted:

There's a mobster with a pattern to beat it that requires learning, you fight it 2 or 3x for awesome gear that helps you kill the next monster . Stuff like that.

Dragon Project is really the only thing that comes to mind but the paywall is pretty intense.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Dragon Project is really the only thing that comes to mind but the paywall is pretty intense.

Not to mention the gameplay is garbage and it is very, very anime

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Turtlicious posted:

also, the gameplay is actually fun. a lot of mobile games are superficially similar in that they have lots of missions with variations on a theme, but they fail the "well made and fun mechanics" bit

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I guess I'm just looking for something well made and fun dragon project seems kinda meh.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Puzzle Prism scratches that itch for me pretty well

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Do you have a link? I'm not finding it on the Play store.

Edit: Unless the name has been changed to Refraction?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.ponos.prism

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Item not found.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's your favorite mobile game? I'm bored as he'll at work and I'll try everything free recommended.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

What's your favorite mobile game? I'm bored as he'll at work and I'll try everything free recommended.

Toss up between Solitairica and Soul Knight.

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Turtlicious posted:

Antiyoy is a fun little lightweight strategy game. Simple but I've wasted a lot of time happily with it.

Occidental Heroes is an open world squad RPG, kind of like an ultra low budget Battle Brothers. It's not the deepest but it's a good time. Be sure to use the beta version for access to such features as health bars and being able to equip items!

Lone Wolf Saga is rad if you're into gamebooks, lets you play all the Lone Wolf series with a good interface.

Underhand has a card mechanic like Reigns but you're running a cult and summoning Eldritch horrors.

All are free and pretty enjoyable!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Guns of Boom is a fun little arena fps that has controls that aren't terrible on a phone. I'm sure it gets bad later on like most Android games do, but as a poop-shooter, it's pretty alright.

I want to hate this because the name is so goddamn stupid (seriously, GUNS OF BOOM) but it actually looks...decent? If it's as good as Critical Ops I'd be pleasantly surprised honestly.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Turtlicious posted:

Crashlands is an open-world crafting action RPG that's pretty great - touch controls work v well and you can swap between playing it on your phone and your PC if you want. Good for longer stretches.

Polytopia is a great, light 4x game.

You Must Build a Boat is imo the best match-3 on Android. Good for very short play sessions.

e: Whoops, only the second is free. For another good free game, Card Thief (and Miracle Merchant/Card Crawl) is a great puzzle game, all have interesting themes and distinctive art.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Applied to the goon clone evolution guild as Ludo Friend SA.

Any other suggestions for idle games? As i’m All realm grindered out.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Ludo Friend posted:

Applied to the goon clone evolution guild as Ludo Friend SA.

Any other suggestions for idle games? As i’m All realm grindered out.

There's 4 spots open but I don't think we're in control of the guild anymore.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Kegslayer posted:

There's 4 spots open but I don't think we're in control of the guild anymore.

That’s disappointing, but also the expected outcome of any goon guild!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Vhak lord of hate posted:

This isn't true. I'm F2P and have very good sets that are a mix of S and SS stuff. You just have to hoard (gift tickets can be held in your mailbox for 90 days) and recognize that you won't have all of the newest sets with full limit breaks.

For Christmas they gave out a full set of SS lightning dual blade, put out a limited banner of only SS, and for scoring in the top 3000 in the Grand Prix we got a full set of SS that gives +100% water and earth. This set can be fully limit broken without any gacha gear.

I've played a lot of gacha mobile games and for all its flaws Dragon Project is actually really F2P friendly.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Turtlicious posted:

The Muscle Hustle keeps me pretty occupied, and while it has IAP, you literally never have to spend any money because even if your wrestlers get KO'd, while there are timers for them to recover, you can always work on leveling up your other wrestlers while you wait.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.foglo.tmh&hl=en

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Turtlicious posted:

Same question but it doesn't have to be free. What it does have to be is not have any premium currency bullshit: real free is good, no-ads IAP is also good, and just good old up-front payment is cool as well.

Games I like and that I reinstalled right away when I got my new phone:

Crossy Road
Desert Golfing
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hoplite
Mini Metro
Rymdkapsel
Shattered Pixel Dungeon
Threes
Unblock me

Other games in my library but that I haven't reinstalled yet but probably will:
Auralux
Blendoku
Flow Free
Reigns
Sidewords

So I guess I like puzzle games and some light strategy. I wouldn't mind some more complicated strategy or involved RPG, but they would both have to work very well on a phone screen and not have IAP paywalls.

Any kind of city or _whatever_ builder would be great too, but that seems impossible if I want to keep the no-IAP rule, and I do.

Action games: meh, not a fan of those on mobile.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Dragon Project might be f2p friendly but holy poo poo is it trash.

When it first came out I got SS dual blades and grinded out the mats to level those up, twice, to evolve them or whatever. The last evolution was a terrible mistake because it essentially reset the weapon and required me to grind like 200 special items available for a limited time that you got like 1 at a time of. (okay I could have probably grinded more at a higher level and the event for those special items would have cycled around eventually. and had I realized that the last grind would be so intense I wouldn't have evolved them and had a very powerful weapon, but welp) Essentially my reward for grinding like crazy was an even more steep, nearly impossible grind while my weapon meanwhile lost a ton of power.

Yeah not playing that anymore.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Solo dev Orangepixel's latest game, post apocalyptic survival game Ashworld, is now out for Android.

Also it appears folks in Taiwan, Japan and Hong kong can have an early crack at DC's answer to Marvel Future Fight, DC Unchained which is having a beta test for the next week.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 11, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mrkillboy posted:

Solo dev Orangepixel's latest game, post apocalyptic survival game Ashworld, is now out for Android.

Also it appears folks in Taiwan, Japan and Hong kong can have an early crack at DC's answer to Marvel Future Fight, DC Unchained which is having a beta test for the next week.

I hope DC Unchained isn't absolute trash like every other DC f2p.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Clocks posted:

Dragon Project might be f2p friendly but holy poo poo is it trash.

When it first came out I got SS dual blades and grinded out the mats to level those up, twice, to evolve them or whatever. The last evolution was a terrible mistake because it essentially reset the weapon and required me to grind like 200 special items available for a limited time that you got like 1 at a time of. (okay I could have probably grinded more at a higher level and the event for those special items would have cycled around eventually. and had I realized that the last grind would be so intense I wouldn't have evolved them and had a very powerful weapon, but welp) Essentially my reward for grinding like crazy was an even more steep, nearly impossible grind while my weapon meanwhile lost a ton of power.

Yeah not playing that anymore.

Yeah that was garbage. The Ovidius weapon required over 500 of the limited time components to finish its final form. They've done away with that system in the latest update and all monsters including the old ones now drop all the necessary materials to fully upgrade.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

uXs posted:

So I guess I like puzzle games and some light strategy. I wouldn't mind some more complicated strategy or involved RPG, but they would both have to work very well on a phone screen and not have IAP paywalls.

Any kind of city or _whatever_ builder would be great too, but that seems impossible if I want to keep the no-IAP rule, and I do.

Action games: meh, not a fan of those on mobile.

You Must Build a Boat is probably a good fit, great match-3 puzzler.

Polytopia: very good civ-like, but plays like a puzzler in a lot of ways as well. It is free with in-app purchases, but it's basically: you get three civs for free, and then can spend ~a dollar to unlock other civs that have one different starting tech and different aesthetics but the same overall tech tree, which also lets you play larger matches (you just need one civ per player in a match; the 1v1v1 is quite fun though, you aren't missing much with smaller games). You get essentially the full game experience for free, but can spend more to try some variety/support the devs.

You could try something like Dungeon Village from Kairosoft for a builder/management game.

e: for in-depth strategy/RPG, maybe Kings of Dragon Pass. It's really it's own thing, and fairly $$ for a mobile game, but very much worth trying.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

foutre posted:

You Must Build a Boat is probably a good fit, great match-3 puzzler.

Polytopia: very good civ-like, but plays like a puzzler in a lot of ways as well. It is free with in-app purchases, but it's basically: you get three civs for free, and then can spend ~a dollar to unlock other civs that have one different starting tech and different aesthetics but the same overall tech tree, which also lets you play larger matches (you just need one civ per player in a match; the 1v1v1 is quite fun though, you aren't missing much with smaller games). You get essentially the full game experience for free, but can spend more to try some variety/support the devs.

You could try something like Dungeon Village from Kairosoft for a builder/management game.

e: for in-depth strategy/RPG, maybe Kings of Dragon Pass. It's really it's own thing, and fairly $$ for a mobile game, but very much worth trying.

TheoTown is a free simcity-like, that runs unobtrusive ads along the bottom of the screen.

And yes, King of Dragon Pass. That never leaves my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey uXs, check out 80 Days and Dungeon Warfare.