Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

by my read of it, styles will be account wide for the outfit maker, but if youre crafting gear itll still be by what the character knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Airspace posted:

Hold up, am I reading this right?

Styles will become account-wide instead of character wide?

If so, I guess that's pretty good, but all the motifs I have are just burning a hole in my bank now.

For the purposes of Transmog, yes. Knowing the motif on any toon allows you to transmog that slot into it.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yes, you guys are correct. While the visual appearance of a motif and a style is shared, motif knowledge remains character-driven while style knowledge is account-wide.

Also, you can preview any style you haven't collected yet. Or have collected, you know, if you like to spend all day staring at the nice things you already have.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

doomfunk posted:

Yes, you guys are correct. While the visual appearance of a motif and a style is shared, motif knowledge remains character-driven while style knowledge is account-wide.

Also, you can preview any style you haven't collected yet. Or have collected, you know, if you like to spend all day staring at the nice things you already have.

You guys fuckin nailed it with the outfit system, if the prices are reasonable on Live. And if we end up getting undaunted styles as outfit options later on down the road, god bless us all we're never going to leave this game.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We don't deserve you Doomfunk.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Weapon dyes :swoon:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

doomfunk posted:

Also, you can preview any style you haven't collected yet.

This is also great!

quote:

Or have collected, you know, if you like to spend all day staring at the nice things you already have.

what, you think I'm here for the trials or something, pal

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I haven't played ESO for a bit and this all sounds extremely awesome. I've got Clockwork City to go through so maybe I'll pop back in sooner rather than later.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

All of you non crafters better order your light Apostle outfits from me now before it becomes way less special.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Yay more goodies when you level:

quote:

Level 5: Two Green-quality Rings, part of a basic 2-piece Item Set that grants a Max Health bonus
Level 10: Sorrel Horse
Level 15: A choice of 6 blue-quality weapons
Level 20: A costume of choice and a Fire Atronach Crown Crate
Level 25: A choice of 6 purple-quality weapons
Level 30: 4,000 gold and a Fire Atronach Crown Crate
Level 35: A choice of 10 purple-quality crafting-improvement materials
Level 40: 6,000 gold, The Soul Shriven motif, and an Outfit Token
Level 45: An Undaunted Key
Level 50: 10,000 gold and a Fire Atronach Crown Crate

Also, the ESO+ event is back, time to dye costumes and stuff my crafting bag.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ara, can you craft redoran/morag tong style?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Tong yes, Redoran not all of it, but some. The great house motifs are *only* from pickpocketing, and then only a chance on the third consecutive lift.

I only have one toon who is any good at that stuff, so it's been really slow going.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
The Coldharbour house looks surprisingly disappointing. Guess I'll get Ebonheart Chateau after all.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388944/coldharbour-surreal-estate-has-a-surprising-lack-of-azure-plasm

No blue water lake, no buildings. Hopefully that's just an early build.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I read in the patch notes that they want it to be a sort of "blank slate" - you can't even buy it pre-furnished. They certainly seemed to nail the blank part.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Yo Zenimax can I just get an untextured, featureless black void with an invisible floor

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Trustworthy posted:

Yo Zenimax can I just get an untextured, featureless black void with an invisible floor

Yes, but only for 10,000 Crowns.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The coldharbour house can be bought with gold so you guys won't feel ripped off.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Why would they ever offer a Coldharbour house without including a pond of azure plasm? That stuff looks awesome.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

So dying armor now costs gold where it did not before...

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

So dying armor now costs gold where it did not before...
No, regular armor dyeing is still as free as it was before.
What costs gold is creating a custom outfit to override your current gear visuals.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

radintorov posted:

No, regular armor dyeing is still as free as it was before.
What costs gold is creating a custom outfit to override your current gear visuals.

I just tested it. It cost me gold to just dye.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I read that in the feedback thread as well, but they noted they were charged for dyeing an outfit. Did they extend a gold fee to dyeing your real armor as well? And costumes?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am thinking of playing again... :negative:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

I just tested it. It cost me gold to just dye.
I just tested it as well: regular armor dyeing is still free. It's outfits that you have to pay for.

e: going to test with more armor pieces

e2: tried making some new armor to make sure the reason I hadn't paid was because the armor was dyed previously. I can confirm that even with new armor, it was free. Here's what hitting Randomize Dyes a couple of times gave me :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 9, 2018

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Sogol posted:

I am thinking of playing again... :negative:

Do it! There's little to not commitment, just drop in and have some fun.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Apparently the new Level Up Advisor gives some pretty terrible advice. Time to drop Liquid Lightning for Lightning Flood, Sorcerers!

Oh, and Templars should be sure to slot Healing Ritual.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
There's supposedly some event that can get you eso plus for free right now.

Don't know much about it since I already have eso plus.

Probably a diabolical plan to get people addicted to the crafting bag/double bank space.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

mauman posted:

Probably a diabolical plan to get people addicted to the crafting bag/double bank space.

yes

radintorov posted:

I just tested it as well: regular armor dyeing is still free. It's outfits that you have to pay for.

e: going to test with more armor pieces

e2: tried making some new armor to make sure the reason I hadn't paid was because the armor was dyed previously. I can confirm that even with new armor, it was free. Here's what hitting Randomize Dyes a couple of times gave me :v:

could you please by chance post some screens of the armor styles/weapon styles tab

i do not have the SSD space for another build of eso

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot
Can someone throw me a Guild invite.

@saggerslmj

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot

mauman posted:

If you don't have ESO plus, you can buy the trial in the crown store for free.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
I'm a bit surprised they're making the sorel horse free at leveling unless they plan on making mounts by character. That and I feel like the biggest motivator for the cheap crown mounts is "your nag costs how much?"

Also the crafting bag alone is convincing me I should pony up for plus once the trial ends, at least as long as I'm grinding crafting on two toons.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

could you please by chance post some screens of the armor styles/weapon styles tab

i do not have the SSD space for another build of eso
Sure thing: when you switch to the outfit to edit, you'll see the added option of choosing armor and weapon styles, like so

once you've selected the various styles (including prisoner's rags under "Clothing" in the respective armor category (chest/legs/feet)) you can dye them and your weapon like if you were coloring normal armor

once the outfit has been created, you can select it in your Character screen, from a drop-down menu located right under your Titles menu

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Agnosticnixie posted:

I'm a bit surprised they're making the sorel horse free at leveling unless they plan on making mounts by character. That and I feel like the biggest motivator for the cheap crown mounts is "your nag costs how much?"

10k gold isn't a super high amount, though, even for a complete newbie--I think I had that by lvl 15-20 or so, and that's as a complete fresh start, no trade guild, nothing.

They also package a free mount with several of the game bundles, so unless you only buy the $20 base game and nothing else, you probably already have one.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Getting a mount isnt the big hurdle, anyway. It's riding training. I would assume that getting a mount into people's hands will get more people training Riding and, subsequently, more people using Crowns to level it quick.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Probably worth noting that people who ARE subbed get up to six crates for logging in once a day til the 15th.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Can I get an invite to the DC guild? @madhabmatics.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

radintorov posted:

Sure thing: when you switch to the outfit to edit, you'll see the added option of choosing armor and weapon styles, like so

once you've selected the various styles (including prisoner's rags under "Clothing" in the respective armor category (chest/legs/feet)) you can dye them and your weapon like if you were coloring normal armor

once the outfit has been created, you can select it in your Character screen, from a drop-down menu located right under your Titles menu

Thanks, this feels pretty reminiscent of SWTOR's custom outfit system which I always found to be pretty solid.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Ok so confirmed it costs gold?

Also, I'm assuming you must know the styles in order to change them? Which means a newbie like me with very limited motifs won't have much of a choice?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Yeah, it costs gold. And the cost per piece is dependent on the motif you use per piece. And yes, you have to know a motif in order to use it for your outfit. On the plus side, any known motifs on any character are shared accountwide for the outfit system.

It's kinda silly that dyeing an outfit costs gold since it's free to dye your actual armor and costumes. I could see that cost getting removed though if the retards on the official forums cry hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Aramek posted:

Tong yes, Redoran not all of it, but some. The great house motifs are *only* from pickpocketing, and then only a chance on the third consecutive lift.

I only have one toon who is any good at that stuff, so it's been really slow going.

Awesome, I love the heavy Tong style and I'll probably send some stuff your way. :)