Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think 6-7 runs is the statistical average for getting all the bosses. So you're about right in line with that. It took me 5-6 runs for my last guy too, luckily he was on floor 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I think it took me 5. I did it once last year and didn't realize there were rewards, then about 4 times this year to get all the cosmetic poo poo. My last was on lvl 9. :argh:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wait what is this about?

It's the annual Darkening of Tristram event!

Make sure you've got a gem of ease'd weapon in the stash

Make a level 1 hero, seasonal or not, whatever, and go to the area in act 1 that has a red pentagram.

Look for an oddly 16bit looking portal!

(kill the boss in one single, solo player session to get an awesome new pet)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Make a level 1 hero, seasonal or not, whatever, and go to the area in act 1 that has a red pentagram.

Ah gently caress me that sounds cool

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is the cow pet quest still bugged? I think I remember someone saying earlier that you couldn't get past Wirt's Leg.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

Is the cow pet quest still bugged? I think I remember someone saying earlier that you couldn't get past Wirt's Leg.

It's been fixed.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The recipe will still show up as blue in your blacksmith, but it will produce the legendary version that can be salvaged for the star map.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Is there a checklist for all the Tristram rewards? We did a full run on Sat with fresh guys and some dude joined our game and killed Diablo in one hit at the last minute. :(

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Heads up that you've got to create a Level 1 guy and kill Diablo totally 100% by yourself (close your game / make it invite-only) and you can't quit the game at any time.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Any difficulty?

So it is best to just make a fresh guy and clear the whole thing solo?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's mandatory.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

Any difficulty?

So it is best to just make a fresh guy and clear the whole thing solo?

There are different rewards for different things!

Butcher pet = do the whole thing on a fresh guy, solo, no quitting.

Portrait frame = kill all 20 unique bosses (takes like 6-7 runthroughs... do it in a group!)

Wirt's Leg Transmog = Find the mushroom on level 9

Royal Calf pet = build Wirt's Leg and dismantle it

Some Other Portrait Frame = get all 7 cultist pages? I don't actually know what this is.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The cultist pages drop from the gray "temporal" cultists scattered throughout the zones of the game. They're account bound and you're probably going to get umpteen duplicates before you find the last ones you need. No specific rules about groups, level, etc. there.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide

Cultist Pages can be found in the following locations:

Act I: The Weeping Hollow, Festering Woods, Cathedral levels 1, 2 and 4, Halls of Agony levels 1, 2 and 3;
Act II: Dahlgur Oasis, Desolate Sands;
Act III: Keep Depths 1, 2 and 3, Stonefort, Rakkis Crossing, Arreat Crater 1, Tower of the Damned 1, The Core of Arreat;
Act IV: Gardens of Hope 1, 2 and 3, Silver Spire 1 and 2, Hell Rift 1
Act V: Westmarch Commons, Westmarch Heights, Paths of the Drowned, Battlefields of Eternity
There can only be one Temporal Priest spawn per location, and he can drop duplicate pages; but on the upside, they are a guaranteed drop and can be traded.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

They can be traded?! I could swear mine said they were account bound.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Ffffffinally got a goddamn Flow of Eternity. Yes, I know it's not the superior meta build, shut up, four second seven-sided strike!!!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think I'm done with this. It's fun, but I'm just out of stuff I feel like doing, and I can't stomach leveling another character. I think it would be fun if I had a group to do high level rifts with, but the matchmaking is totally loving perplexing. I think I'll probably run a Necro next season, though.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

They can be traded?! I could swear mine said they were account bound.

Pages are account-bound for season, tradable for non-season.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Don't you also get tabbard stuff by completing all of the event achievements? I did all of this last year so I haven't looked at it this year except to run it once and listen to the gold drop.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

Don't you also get tabbard stuff by completing all of the event achievements? I did all of this last year so I haven't looked at it this year except to run it once and listen to the gold drop.

A banner? Yeah I think there's one that you can unlock during the event. There's already a pink unicorn one available from the start that doesn't require any unlocks. Why would you use anything else? :confused:

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I already have this on PC, but bought it for XBONE because it was on sale and I really like the console controls and it's easier to pick up when I'm bored. Are there any people here playing on consoles? or is the population mainly on PC? I don't mind playing solo but playing the story is more fun with more people.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

El Chingon posted:

I already have this on PC, but bought it for XBONE because it was on sale and I really like the console controls and it's easier to pick up when I'm bored. Are there any people here playing on consoles? or is the population mainly on PC? I don't mind playing solo but playing the story is more fun with more people.

There are a ton of Xbone bros but the population is very start of the season centric

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The console community is very healthy but yeah D3 is a league sport at this point, I’d say just start a seasonal dude anyone because you’ll get scores of free loot and then you’ll be ready to rumble when S13 comes out

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

El Chingon posted:

I'm really loving it on PS4. The only thing I wish would change is a little more flexibility on some of the sets so that you can try switching out targeted skills like falling sword for more console-friendly skills, sort of like DMO twister vs frozen orb DMO.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
thanks for the replies, I'll keep leveling my season character after finishing the campaign, I guess everyone is playing rifts nowadays.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

El Chingon posted:

thanks for the replies, I'll keep leveling my season character after finishing the campaign, I guess everyone is playing rifts nowadays.

Greater Rifts are THE endgame, and Nephalem Rifts, Bounties and Challenge Rifts all exist to funnel you back towards them

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Decided to try out a Monk for the season since I saw Sunwuko is considered S tier, then I realized the cache set is Uliana's~

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

^burtle posted:

Decided to try out a Monk for the season since I saw Sunwuko is considered S tier, then I realized the cache set is Uliana's~

im torn between continuing to try to push to 100 GRs with Uli's or switch over to Sunwoko since the last piece dropped for me yesterday...

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
SWK is much easier to push with. Just switch.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bamhand posted:

SWK is much easier to push with. Just switch.

yeah but regemming and everything...ugh

mewse
May 2, 2006

boar guy posted:

yeah but regemming and everything...ugh

There’s an equipment closet now

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Probably means augmenting.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Pushed further into the season than I expected with my first guy. Hitting a wall on high-60s GRs though, and I imagine higher GRs are my only real chance at getting gemmed to 65+ to get a conquest for Destroyer tier. Is that accurate or is one of these other conquests deceptively easy enough to do?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Pushed further into the season than I expected with my first guy. Hitting a wall on high-60s GRs though, and I imagine higher GRs are my only real chance at getting gemmed to 65+ to get a conquest for Destroyer tier. Is that accurate or is one of these other conquests deceptively easy enough to do?

The GR40 with no set piece once is trivial. Every class should be able to get 80+ fairly easily though. You'll probably need to pick up every item required for the build but you won't need augments, ancients, or high level gems.

For example:
This guy can do GR80 easily. Only notable piece of gear is an ancient source.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/95795309

I did GR40 on this guy, didn't have non set pieces for a few slots so I just left them empty.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bamhand-1890/hero/95451182

bamhand fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 10, 2018

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Probably means augmenting.

i just mean running a new set of gems from 1 to 60+ and redoing the royals for gear slots. im probably just being lazy but i do want to try that set. still no traveler's pledge either :argh:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

boar guy posted:

i just mean running a new set of gems from 1 to 60+ and redoing the royals for gear slots. im probably just being lazy but i do want to try that set. still no traveler's pledge either :argh:

You can run SWK with Focus/Restraint instead of Traveler's. Actually I think that's preferred since SWK has a neck piece. Can't remember for sure though.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bamhand posted:

You can run SWK with Focus/Restraint instead of Traveler's. Actually I think that's preferred since SWK has a neck piece. Can't remember for sure though.

sorry, i meant that i still dont have traveler's for Uli's. i think it'd make a major difference in the wall i hit at like GR 67, along with mewse's gear recos

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Or you can just go SWK and laugh your way past this block. I did GR90 for the first time on SWK with only ancient (but otherwise garbage) weapons plus one or two other ancients, and a single augment that I'd done for the season journey.

Depending on individual skill, familiarity with the build/playstyle, and favorable rift conditions, you should have no problems replicating that or at least getting close.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

cool im'a switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

yeah I know it's just the campaign but my goodness the necro just trivializes everything. end bosses just fall over in less than a minute. being able to summon multiple singularity mages doesnt seem fair.

loving owns. Can't wait to get started on rifts.