Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ride The Gravitron posted:

24 year old virgin

dont sign your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

quote:

knew he got cold sores occasionally and that he got it from his father kissing him when he was little because his dad gets them. So oral I figure I got from him

:barf:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I'm not trying to start a Seaworld debate but aren't they super loving smart? Like smart enough that just keeping it in the tank would be a battle on top of the ethics of keeping an incredibly intelligent creature in a household tank?
Yeah, they are, and their intelligence is difficult for our monkeybrains to quantify because they're so alien. Our last common ancestor with cephalopods was something like a billion years ago, and today they exhibit some behaviors, like certain methods of tool use, that nobody else in the animal kingdom has figured out except for humans. If you're interested in the subject generally, "Other Minds" by Peter Godfrey-Smith is a fantastic layman's primer on cephalopod intelligence. It'll make you swear off eating them forever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

spite house posted:

Yeah, they are, and their intelligence is difficult for our monkeybrains to quantify because they're so alien. Our last common ancestor with cephalopods was something like a billion years ago, and today they exhibit some behaviors, like certain methods of tool use, that nobody else in the animal kingdom has figured out except for humans. If you're interested in the subject generally, "Other Minds" by Peter Godfrey-Smith is a fantastic layman's primer on cephalopod intelligence. It'll make you swear off eating them forever.

Or encourage me to eat more of them so that they never rise up?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
As part of my parole, I’m legally obligated to give the occasional anti-drug PSA as well as to shill for our boys overseas.

My (23F) boyfriend (22M) of three years may get kicked out of the military for smoking weed, and I'm thinking about leaving him because of it

quote:

So, a little background. My boyfriend- we'll call him John- and I met three years ago while he was visiting my school at the time. He lives about 2 hours away from me and still does, though we see each other several times a month for days at a time.

About a year and a half ago John decided to join the National Guard part-time, mostly to just help him to pay for school. He only goes there to drill once a month for now, unless they need him more which doesn't happen too often. After joining he decided he likes it alright and has been considering going to active duty when he can.

So, when I met John, he was pretty much a prude when it came to drugs and alcohol. He was a really good student throughout high school and had never even smoked weed during that time. His dad is a cop and his whole family is pretty religious, so that wasn't really an option for him. By the time we met he'd tried it twice. Now for me, I experimented a lot in high school, and I like to think I got it out of my system. It really doesn't interest me at all, and I'm working on getting a different job right now so I don't smoke weed at all. I want to be clear that I have NO problem with weed at all, I'm down with the 420, it's just that certain situations dictate you not being able to use it responsibly.

The problem is that John is in a friend group that smokes a lot. Before he left for basic training he was smoking quite often, and thought he thought he stopped in time for the drug test, but he apparently didn't. His uncle is one of his superior officers in his unit and came over to his house to tell him he came up positive for marijuana in the test. His uncle stuck his neck out for him and told him that this would just be a warning, he wouldn't be kicked out, but he has to stop.

John quit until he went off to basic training. When he came back, he got back into smoking heavily. I showed my dissent quite a few times, though I'm not someone to tell a significant other what to do. I would just ask him if he really thought it was okay, that I never met anyone in the military that still smoked weed- that it seemed like a pretty big deal to me for him to be doing that. He would always offer some sort of excuse, like he'd know when there would be a drug test, or that he only went to drill once a month and he'd have time to get it out of his system (though he never stopped in time for that to happen, or at all, actually).

Cut to a few weeks ago. His uncle and his grandfather went to his house to tell him he's failed another drug test. They had a long talk with him, and so did I, telling him that he has to be strong and responsible, that this is too good of a thing to lose for something so fleeting and trivial. Somehow he was still let off the hook with the military, but his uncle alluded to the fact that this may be the last time. John was receptive to what everyone was telling him, agreed, and seemed to really get it into his head this time.

Except, he didn't. A week and a half later he started right back up, at least every other day if not every day.

I don't know if I can't handle this anymore. He is being so incredibly irresponsible, I really can't look at him the same right now. I want to be there to help if he's struggling, but not if he's not trying to help himself. I'm afraid that he's going to completely gently caress up his future, and he really is so much better than this.

I'm not one to give ultimatums; I don't want to outright say that if he doesn't quit smoking then I'll break up with him. But the fact of the matter is that if he does get kicked out because of this, I don't think I can stay with him. I would lose so much respect for him, and it brings up the question of what else in our lives/relationship he would be irresponsible about. We're supposed to be moving in together in 6 months when my lease is up, and I worry that this will spill over to our home lives.

So, I'm thinking about telling him all this. Not only do I hope it'll knock some sense into him, but I also don't think it'd be fair if I blindsighted him if it does happen and I didn't have the chance to tell him my decision beforehand. Reddit, do you think this is wrong of me to do? Like I said, I know ultimatums are bad, but this is just telling him the honest truth about how I feel. I'm so worried and every time he tells me he's smoked I just want to completely go off on him. In this way, I think I can have some peace- he'd know what's going to happen if this all comes crashing down on him.

Edit: tl;dr: My boyfriend keeps getting caught smoking weed while in the military, I'm thinking about leaving him if he does get kicked out.

Thank you so much for listening.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Luckily for her there are decades of letters to use as a template that start with “Dear John”

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

fruit on the bottom posted:

As part of my parole, I’m legally obligated to give the occasional anti-drug PSA as well as to shill for our boys overseas.

My (23F) boyfriend (22M) of three years may get kicked out of the military for smoking weed, and I'm thinking about leaving him because of it

This isn't an anti-drug PSA, just an anti-dumb PSA.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Barudak posted:

Or encourage me to eat more of them so that they never rise up?

I'd rather have octopus overlords than chimpanzee or dolphin overlords just for coolness' sake.

spite house posted:

Downloading the sample right now. Anything on that sounds really interesting.

fruit on the bottom posted:

How to get kicked out of the military and your family in three easy steps.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 10, 2018

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah, you have to really make sure that they're intellectually stimulated – they need lots of puzzles and toys or they'll go crazy.

And even if they're happy, they'll still probably try to escape the tank because gently caress it, why not. In some aquariums, octopuses will sneak out their tank at night, devour some of the other exhibits, and then sneak back to their tank before anyone is the wiser.

I've read about that! They are pretty loving funny. There was also one that jet water at any red head that wandered by its enclosure for some reason.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

HSV-1 is extremely common and not worth freaking out about. Unless she meant HSV-2, but on her mouth.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

She could still sleep with him if she really wanted to

Since she is so down on her appearance, maybe she is one of those girl who you just have to let their hair down and take off the glasses and they go from a 4 to a 10 like in a 90s teen movie.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bored posted:

I've read about that! They are pretty loving funny. There was also one that jet water at any red head that wandered by its enclosure for some reason.
I like the one that shot out the light of a different tank because it was bothering him, then ate the fish in that tank when they replaced the light.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fluid bonded sounds like a way for poly people to still convince themselves that their partner isn't actually having sex with a person, just a condom.

Eh it's a dumb term but a p reasonable thing. Condoms are basically the best barrier to std's and an extra layer of protection against accidental pregnancy. If you're truly gonna try to a stable open relationship it seems like a super obvious thing that condoms should be involved whenever a third party is.

Particularly in this story where she expected him to always use one but immediately went raw with her new beau, because it just feels better lol.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

So if you're in an open relationship, what is to prevent your side piece from having unprotected sex and bringing you an STD?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vargatron posted:

So if you're in an open relationship, what is to prevent your side piece from having unprotected sex and bringing you an STD?
Absolutely nothing!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Vargatron posted:

that's basically what "fluid bonding" is meant to address as far as I can tell.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bored posted:

don't dox me

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

You don't know the half of it. You'd be shocked how many old aunts and uncles with seeping, open lip ulcers will still kiss a newborn baby all over the face. :barf:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

spite house posted:

The book looks cool, thanks for pointing it out.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
My (44F) husband (51M) is becoming incredibly strict, almost like a drill sergeant, towards our son (13M). I have tried to stop this but he is too focused on 'making a man' out of our son. Meanwhile he doesn't do this at all to our daughter (8F) What do I do?

quote:

My husband was a good man, to me at least, he was never rough or aggressive or mean spirited or anything. I knew he himself had a rough upbringing, he was raised in old school NYC and his mom was an alcoholic, he was in a street gang in brooklyn apparently.

So we have a son together, and he is a great kid. We then had a daughter 4 years later.

As time went on, my husband got more into like, idk how to describe it really, kind of this weird nostalgic manliness kind of stuff. I noticed it first on his facebook actually, he started sharing pictures that were like "KIDS THESE DAYS DONT KNOW WHAT IT USED TO BE LIKE!" and stuff like that.

Anyways, he started making my son do like a lot of weird stuff. My son started chores at 7 years old, just basic stuff like the laundry and he put his dishes in the dishwasher. My husband then upped it a lot gradually, and got kind of nasty to him when he complained even in the slightest. At 10 years old, my husband was making him do EVERYONES sheets, do ALL of the dishes, dig out the backyard, and a bunch of other little knick knacks. I told my husband thats ridiculous, we can do some work too ya know, and he said the kid needs to learn discipline and hard work at an early age 'or he will end up like a littlebitch' and poo poo like that. It wasn't even the amount of work he did that bothered me, it was the way my husband was treating the work, as if it was like a way to strengthen him like he was my husbands little experiment. I've gotten into countless arguments about this with him.

As time has gone on, its gotten worse. He makes him do a ton of chores (and of course, I always step in and say he shouldnt have to, but my husband freaks out. I am not always around to prevent this) around the house, like he sometimes just goes around finding stuff to do. He constantly complains that the kid is 'out of control' just because he plays video games a few hours or hangs out with his friends. He makes him do this ridiculous exercise routine and yells at him when he gets tired or anything.

I think my husband kind of has an anger problem. He has never hit anyone in our family, but he gets mad whenever my son shows weakness or anything. Like my son wanted to go to the movies recently and my husband just got irrationally mad at that because he had been playing video games all morning, he was like "and NOW you want to go to the movie?! you did nothing productive all day and you want to spend our money on a movie now?!!" and I told my son to just go to the movies, and he didnt, because he listens to his dad more than me. There are countless examples of this.

Honestly, the past year especially this has just gotten out of hand. Its almost like my husband is projecting his masculinity onto our son, and I hate it. Any sign of weakness or laziness in our son is like, a direct attack on my husband, and he lashes out and gets mad. He acts, basically, like a drill sergeant. Another situation was that we went to his brothers house, and his brothers son is 17 and is like an athlete and has a six pack and everything. I dont know what overcame my husband, but I think he got jealous of his brother for having such a fit son or some poo poo, and he was like practically yelling at our son and saying he needs to join sports teams and work out more.

This has become a constant argument between us. Just absolutely constant. I don't even want to be with him that much anymore but he earns all of the money in the house and my son, despite all of this, listens and obeys him more than me.

I just don't know what to do, and I can't imagine this getting better as he gets older. If we get a divorce, he will be with him half of the time AND I wont be there to stop whatever happens. And not only that but my husband is the sole earned in the house, which makes this worse obviously.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I honestly feel powerless at times. I try to tell my husband to calm down or stop being an rear end in a top hat but its been years of me saying this, he just doesn't listen anymore, I am just the annoying nagging wife. He actually told me one time that 'if it was up to me, I would raised him like a little baby girl'.

Also, we have a daughter. And naturally, he doesn't do ANY of this poo poo with her. She is his little princess who he protects from any harm. Ugh.

Edit: I should mention a lot of this is not only his personal relationships, but his relationship with society. He thinks the world is too sheltered now for kids and makes them weak, he is trying to like, 'counteract' that or something. He constantly says poo poo like "these kids today are little babies, Im gonna raise our son right, like a real man with real experiences". This isn't how his relationship with our son, it also has to do with his relationship with how society is. Its weird.

tl;dr: husband treats our son like a drat drill sergeant.

I wonder how this woman didn't notice she was getting married to the comments section on a local news article instead of a person.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

girl pants posted:

My (44F) husband (51M) is becoming incredibly strict, almost like a drill sergeant, towards our son (13M). I have tried to stop this but he is too focused on 'making a man' out of our son. Meanwhile he doesn't do this at all to our daughter (8F) What do I do?

I wonder how this woman didn't notice she was getting married to the comments section on a local news article instead of a person.

God drat it I just did this one and was about to post it

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Sorry :( if it makes you feel better you have posted some of my favorite stories in this thread recently

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I saw a news story a while back about an aquarium that couldn't figure out why one of their sharks was dead until they watched security footage and realized the octopus had entered its tank and killed it. Or something like that. Fuzzy on the details.

They were in the same tank, unless you're talking about a different Octopus Fucks Up a Shark story.

:zoid: :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q36_8s5z6S8

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

God drat it I just did this one and was about to post it

Whenever I miss this thread for a day I can’t post a story for like a week because I’m afraid of doing that
Lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

24 year old virgin

r/relationshipsRelationships

I (24/m) had sex with a prostitute when I was single. Just a few months later, I meet the girl (25/f) of my dreams. I lied to her about my past and feel guilty.

u/jjames21

I lost my virginity to a prostitute early last year at a bachelor party while traveling outside of the country. I felt very guilty while I was doing it and couldn't even finish the deal. I used a condom and only had sex, nothing else. I stopped the sex because I couldn't get a full erection and I was feeling very guilty the whole time.

I took pride my whole life on waiting until I found a girlfriend. Then I go to a different country and get a prostitute in front of me and I couldn't say no. I felt extremely guilty for months after and still do to this day. I felt like I lost value in myself as a human and I wasted something so precious. I believed I would never deserve a girl after that because of my big mistake.

My problem is... I met my first girlfriend and the girl of my dreams 4 months ago and didn't have the heart to tell her early on. I told her I have had sex before. She would dig deep into my history, so I lied and told her I have had sex 3 times before I met her. She is a virgin and wants to wait until marriage. However, she has done oral on other guys.

I feel so guilty for hiding this from her. I know this is something that she probably doesn't want to hear. For the past few months, I have been feeling so guilty and afraid she will break up with me for having sex with a prostitute. In some ways, I feel like I am being selfish by wanting to clear my conscience. On the other hand, I feel like I need to tell her before I ever have sex with her.

She has given me oral and I feel guilty for even putting her in that position as well.

I feel like I can maybe hold it in for a while, but if I ever get to the point of having sex with her, I will feel extremely guilty at that moment. Especially because I would be taking away her virginity.

What should I do? How should I break the news to her? Should I even tell her? What should I expect from her?

TL;DR- I lost my virginity to a prostitute with guiltful sex when I was single. I have been lying to my girlfriend about my sexual history for the past 4 months and it is eating me up inside.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

r/relationshipsBreakups

My girlfriend [15F]broke up with me [15M] because I am a virgin

u/samguf

I live in California and I have not been able to sleep all night. I have spent hours just staring at the moon (honest to god my fav thing to do, it helps me think) from my bedroom window.

Last night I was talking to my ex via text and she asked if I was a virgin. I am a very honest person, I believe honesty is very important.

I told her I am a virgin and I have had no sexual experience at all apart from making out if that counts.

Honest to god this is what she sends back. " We need to break up. your a good looking guy but, I want a man who knows what he is doing. I am not going to get that with a virgin, see you in class tomorrow"

For one I am not going to school today, I am taking the day off. I am going to go to the mall and will see a movie.

But I dont really know what to do with myself. I don't really understand the problem with being a virgin especially at my age. I don't understand wasting 8 months of my life.

As I said I am taking the day off, don't really want to go to school today. But I just don't know what to do with myself.

It's not like I have ever lied to anyone about not being anyone. Its a stupid thing to lie about, your partner will find out sooner or later.

Apologises for any mistakes, I have never used Reddit and probably won't again. I am not big into online talking. I prefer face to face

tl;dr: girlfriend broke up with me because I am a virgin

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Lmao, good luck finding anyone your age who does

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

r/relationshipsUpdates

[Update] I [21F] really like this guy [24M] but I don't know how to tell him that I'm a virgin.

u/randomnamereddit

You can read the original post here: https://redd.it/3vcuy5

I didn't expect to write an update, but here I am. First I want to thank everyone who gave me advice. I received a lot of PMs with ideas and practical tips. They gave me confidence and the feeling that I wasn't alone, so thank you very much. I read everything again today and it still makes me feel a little bit better.

The day after I wrote my first post I went to his place. We were watching Netflix, the atmosphere was calm and peaceful. We started talking about people we knew, about being in love, James said he loved me and it was a different feeling than what he felt for his ex-girlfriends but in a good way, he kissed me, and suddenly I told him. I explained I was ashamed to tell him, but that I was a virgin. No big deal, I --

-- couldn't explain further because he started laughing. He called my confession "a good joke". I tried to tell him that I was serious, I wasn't religious, I didn't want to wait until --

-- he was laughing again.

I didn't feel the need to laugh with James. It really was embarrassing. I asked him to stop and to listen to me, because this was something I struggled with for weeks.

Then he asked where I'd read this stuff, and he said it was silly to pretend to be a virgin because both of us knew I wasn't a virgin. If I wanted to turn him on, he said, I could better tell him something kinky.

Now I thought James was joking, but he wasn't. He really didn't believe me, because "girls like you can't be virgins and if they are, there is something wrong with them".

"So now you say there's something wrong with me?" I asked.

Finally he understood that I was serious, but after an awkward silence he told me he has high standards because his previous girlfriends were very good. He didn't believe that a virgin could make him happy.

Dumb-rear end me replied a little desperate that he could teach me.

He just said no.

Soon after this I left. James has blocked me everywhere, so I guess I don't have to worry about sex anymore. I'm more heartbroken than I thought I would be, and I don't understand what I did wrong. I really loved him, and that's a feeling I only had once before. I trusted him, and now I spoiled everything.

Apologies if this post is unclear, but my head is unclear too.

tl;dr: Told him I'm a virgin. First he thought it was a joke, but then he said he has high standards and a virgin couldn't make him happy. He blocked me everywhere, so I guess it's over. I'm heartbroken.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
...what?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
in the same night as their first "I love you"?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I [F24] was dumped by him [M25] because I'm not a virgin.

u/ImAFemalePerson

Pardon my emotions, this just happened so the wound is nice and fresh!

The fellow I was seeing is religious. Super sweet guy. We'd been dating for about 2 months. After the usual cutesy good morning texts, he called me, asked me about my beliefs, then asked if I had had sex. I told him yes. Then he sounded angry and said, "Well that isn't something I can compromise on" and it was essentially over at that point.

Why didn't he bring it up sooner if it was a deal breaker for him? He said, "I almost feel like I should have brought this up sooner, but it's awkward at first." But if it's so important... Wouldn't you bring it up right away? I brought up my deal breaker after the 2nd date (I live with my folks so meeting the parents is inevitable after a few months).

I assumed he was a virgin, and I was more than willing to wait for him until marriage. I felt he was worth it. I just think it's silly to have waited all this time to discuss it. I'm not irritated that he has this deal breaker, just that it took two months to discuss it.

I guess my questions to y'all are... When do you release your deal breakers if you have any? Was this "usual"?

TLDR; He waited 2 months to tell me that he only wants to date virgins.

Edit: I wasn't expecting all of this support from the Reddit community! Thank you all so much for your comments. This was a pleasant surprise.You got me through a bummer of a day so again, thank you.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

look, if i have to tell you what i like in bed instead of just transferring it through our telepathic sexhaver connection, it's not worth taking off my pants.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I can kinda see the 'not wanting to make a big production out of taking someone's virginity and the awkwardness and attachment that comes with it' but what a weird reaction that James guy had. From the laughing (because he knew it was a joke, except it wasn't) to the way that he immediately got all serious and was like "oh you won't know how to suck my dick right and then you'll get all clingy afterwards, yaknow what, nah, l8r"

and then blocked her?? That's one of the weirder stories posted in a while.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

r/relationshipsBreakups

My girlfriend [15F]broke up with me [15M] because I am a virgin

She broke up with you because you're the kind of doofus who stares at the moon all night pining for the fjords.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I told her I am a virgin and I have had no sexual experience at all apart from making out if that counts.

Honest to god this is what she sends back. " We need to break up. your a good looking guy but, I want a man who knows what he is doing. I am not going to get that with a virgin, see you in class tomorrow"

For one I am not going to school today, I am taking the day off. I am going to go to the mall and will see a movie.

As I said I am taking the day off, don't really want to go to school today. But I just don't know what to do with myself.

I'm glad that the 15 year old guy has learned that he needs to Take Good Care of himself every time something unexpected happens. Being only 15, the list of actions he can do to Take Good Care of himself are limited to:

1. Staring at the moon like some kind of water brained idiot / dog (even though dogs can't look up)

2. Going to the mall

3. Seeing a movie

A girl just told you no tickie no fuckie?? Time to take a day off school, draw a warm bath, and Take Good Care of himself at the mall / movies

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Ham Sandwiches posted:

he immediately got all serious and was like "oh you won't know how to suck my dick right and then you'll get all clingy afterwards, yaknow what, nah, l8r"

and then blocked her?? That's one of the weirder stories posted in a while.
This part is like 10000000% believable. I came from a tiny town and didn't do anything until I got to college, and that was a huge issue for guys, who almost all reacted exactly that way. It turns out the virgin = psycho stereotype is uhhh bad

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Anne Whateley posted:

This part is like 10000000% believable. I came from a tiny town and didn't do anything until I got to college, and that was a huge issue for guys, who almost all reacted exactly that way. It turns out the virgin = psycho stereotype is uhhh bad

Yeah I don't doubt that sentiment exists, more that I disagreed with that line of thinking. Like, what does that implicitly say about why you're engaging in the sexual encounter? Entirely for your own pleasure, or to share an experience with a person you care about? It's hard to not see it as #1 if the idea of a virgin is such a turnoff.

*goes to Amateur night at the strip club to boo the new girls*

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

girl pants posted:

lol.

Also, the chores are unreasonable, but "he started chores at 7" seemed way weird to me. As soon as my kids could walk they were put in charge of cleaning their toy room occasionally, cleaning their plate in the garbage and putting it in the sink, and bringing in the garbage cans. I'll admit, that last chore was just because I didn't want to do it, but I'm talking about 2 year olds, here.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
Myself and gf of 1 year (23M/F): I watched her beat the poo poo out of a man who wanted to hurt her and stay happy about it. I just can’t look at her the same since

quote:

On 8 December 2017 my girlfriend “Thea” and I attended a birthday party which our friend, through some stroke of dumbassery, decided to hold in a restaurant in a park. To give you an idea, it’s by a lake in the middle of a park and you have to walk ten minutes (or more, if you are like my gf and wear heels everywhere) to the park gate. You can’t call a cab or drive to the restaurant. loving stupid.

Late into the night, Thea and I were maybe halfway to the gate when I realized I forgot my phone at home. Thea said her feet were swollen and hurt from new shoes and it was very hard to walk on gravel and asked me to go back and get it by myself and she would wait. Obviously I was NOT okay with that but she got very stubborn over it. To this day both of us have no idea what got into her, she is usually very nice with accommodating my requests even if they are unreasonable and this WAS reasonable. She was some combination of tipsy, mad for me for embarrassing her with a very stupid comment at the party, idk what else.

I was feeling guilty for delaying us, cold in my thin jacket and grumpy over work in the morning. I should have carried her or something. Instead I thought I would just quickly dash there and back. I am so, so sorry.

What happened after I left, according to her: she sat down on the curb of the park road to relieve her pain. After some time, a man approached her and insistently “suggested” she accompany him to some bar. Thea told him she wasn’t interested, then to gently caress off. After he got more and more in her face, she pulled out her phone and said she was calling the cops and that her boyfriend was coming. In that moment he slapped the phone out of her hands and tried to drag her by the hair (?), and in panic she lunged for him(?) - she is not able to describe the details. She is very tall and fit for a woman, but I still don’t see how she overpowered such a large man from this position. I guess panic is hell of a steroid. Her own words were: “remember how I practiced karate? Well I did none of that.”

What happened from my perspective: I was walking back to where we parted with another friend who was also leaving. I heard screaming and of course I run there as fast as I could. When I got there she was punching and kneeing this man, who was on the ground, as hard as she could. I had to peel HER off him. The guy looked like human shaped mincemeat, I am still surprised he survived.

I don’t blame her. Of course, at all. If anything, I blame myself, every day, I struggle with deep guilt for putting Thea in this situation through first forgetting the phone and then abandoning her. But it’s not the guilt that’s killing me, it’s remembering my gentle and caring girlfriend transformed in this rage machine trying to gouge man’s eyes out long after he seemed overpowered. And her reaction.

Thea cried and acted so scared and confused in front of the cops. After they were able to confirm that the man actually already had one conviction for something called “opportunistic sexuаl аssault” they were very sympathetic to her situation (and more than a little judgmental of me). But when I tried to comfort her in private, she told me the only thing she was sorry for is putting me through such hell because of her own stupidity, and she is mad at herself for being so stupid. She is not distraught or upset over having to assault this guy. Her own words were that she is “extremely pleased” with having been able to defend herself, and punish him for what he wanted to do. She said she thinks back to it often and although she’s learned the lesson, she enjoys the memory.

This mentality, and the way she so easily switched from her crying act to being so content, unnerves me. I look at her and shiver, and this has not let up at all since the incident. Of course, this only causes more guilt – I put her in this situation and I am mad at her for being able to defend herself? WTF self. But I can’t help it. I feel so bad but I am genuinely disturbed around her.

My country is kind of conservative and looks down on therapy, but I looked into it recently. But I can’t imagine opening up in front of someone, especially since a therapist would likely also judge me (this country is big on being a man and protecting your lady). Also, irrationally I am afraid that telling the therapist will somehow endanger my girlfriend (to be fair I researched and therapy privacy laws in our country are not so great). I am only comfortable sharing this on reddit because there is no actual case against my girlfriend, and most of the people in this country don’t speak English anyway.

Please help me.

tl;dr: my girlfriend beat a would-be attacker into pulp. She is not disturbed over it, she is happy. I can’t stop being disturbed by her attitude.

Edit: reading all the comments. Just to clarify, she is specifically happy over having been able to HURT him for threatening he. This, and the extent of how much she attacked him, and how easily she had a presence of mind to put an act up for the police, is what I keep thinking of most.
Girlfriend badass, so what

I think deep down inside of this guy, in his heart of hearts, he felt a tiny bit of cold comfort in the physical power he assumed he had over his girlfriend, and now he feels vulnerable. Imagine being with a partner who could beat the poo poo out of you if they really wanted to... oh wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

girl pants posted:

This guy is going to lose his poo poo when his daughter hits puberty/starts getting interested in dating/starts focusing on peer socialization/generally stops being Daddy's Perfect Princess, and it's depressing me just to think about it