Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

guy in this thread telling me to root for the rams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMQy0ib1vdE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pharoh Cooper more like Kyle Williams

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
McVeigh certainly hasn't been explosive today :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Welcome back to the dumpster, friends.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Rams lost and the world is now a better place because of it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Same old sorry rear end Rams

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Sorry Rammers

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That was certainly a game. Expected the Rams D to do more and the O to run more.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
No shoulda, coulda, woulda from me. It's obvious the falcons followed the same defensive scheme the vikings used against the Rams earlier this season. Kudos on them for doing that.

Pharoh Cooper and Blake Countess should be holding their collective heads in shame until OTA's.

McVay was out-coached, and I think he over-thought his game plan. Again, though, the falcons were better prepared, and better coached.

At the end of the day, I figure (and hope), that this bodes well for the Rams. I assume McVay will learn from his mistakes, and come out as a better coach (not that he's a bad coach, just that he still has some learning to do [which he'd say, as well]).

Their biggest challenge to the NFC West title next year is the niners. It's gonna be tough.

This season far exceeded what any Ram fan hoped for, so I'm happy for that. On to 2018!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Rams current free agent tracker:

code:
Trumaine Johnson	CB	28	LA	TBD	$16,742,400	UFA	-
Sammy Watkins	WR	24	LA	TBD	$4,983,901	UFA	-
Connor Barwin	OLB	31	LA	TBD	$3,500,000	UFA	-
Dominique Easley	DT	25	LA	TBD	$1,797,000	UFA	-
Lance Dunbar	RB	27	LA	TBD	$1,500,000	UFA	-
Cody Davis	FS	28	LA	TBD	$1,458,333	UFA	-
LaMarcus Joyner	FS	27	LA	TBD	$1,257,545	UFA	-
John Sullivan	C	32	LA	TBD	$999,999	UFA	-
Derek Carrier	TE	27	LA	TBD	$995,000	UFA	-
Jake McQuaide	LS	30	LA	TBD	$861,250	UFA	-
Nickell Robey-Coleman	CB	25	LA	TBD	$855,000	UFA	-
Tyrunn Walker	DT	27	LA	TBD	$775,000	UFA	-
Cornelius Lucas	RT	26	LA	TBD	$690,000	UFA	-
Isaiah Johnson	FS	25	LA	TBD	$660,000	UFA	-
To me, the MUST signs are:

Trumaine Johnson
LaMarcus Joyner
John Sullivan
Jake McQuaide
Nickell Robey-Coleman

Of course they HAVE to sign Aaron Donald. I'm hoping they sign him in the next day or two.

I would also like to keep Cody Davis, Sammy Watkins (if they can't get Allen Robinson), Conner Barwin, and Dominique Easley (only if recovered from injury). I liked what Tyrunn Walker did for us this year, but he can be replaced.

Talk to me Darius, tell me where I'm wrong or right. ;)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Rams still had a great season but man, I expected much more from them in the playoffs. Pretty disappointing to see them come out so flat.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Benne posted:

Rams still had a great season but man, I expected much more from them in the playoffs. Pretty disappointing to see them come out so flat.

13 points at home, after the numbers they were putting up all season. :/

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Papercut posted:

13 points at home, after the numbers they were putting up all season. :/

It does make me wonder a bit about McVay. How much of his success is because he’s actually a good coach, and how much is simply his great scheme & playbook. It looked a lot like the Falcons D was familiar with his scheme, and McVay had no answer.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/949861847649447936

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coldforge posted:

It does make me wonder a bit about McVay. How much of his success is because he’s actually a good coach, and how much is simply his great scheme & playbook. It looked a lot like the Falcons D was familiar with his scheme, and McVay had no answer.

The Falcons D clearly made a point to shut down Gurley dumpoff passes, which has been the Rams' bread and butter all year. That they couldn't move the ball without that particular wrinkle was pretty telling.

Otherwise, way too early to doom-and-gloom about McVay, he did a lot of things right this year and the loss is probably a valuable learning experience for a young team. They'll be back.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

gently caress the rams and gently caress you too

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Their biggest challenge to the NFC West title next year is the niners. It's gonna be tough.

I'm gonna go ahead and put a pin in this statement, because it might end up being really funny next year.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a neat cape posted:

It's a fun division with history and rivalries and I love hating the other three teams and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Almost 60 years of hating these idiots. We won't mention Seattle because they always felt like a step sibling

Cross-posting this for him, because it seems just as relevant in the NFC as the AFC.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

No shoulda, coulda, woulda from me. It's obvious the falcons followed the same defensive scheme the vikings used against the Rams earlier this season. Kudos on them for doing that.

Pharoh Cooper and Blake Countess should be holding their collective heads in shame until OTA's.

McVay was out-coached, and I think he over-thought his game plan. Again, though, the falcons were better prepared, and better coached.

At the end of the day, I figure (and hope), that this bodes well for the Rams. I assume McVay will learn from his mistakes, and come out as a better coach (not that he's a bad coach, just that he still has some learning to do [which he'd say, as well]).

This season far exceeded what any Ram fan hoped for, so I'm happy for that. On to 2018!

You're right, McVay was trying to play Chess and outsmart the Falcons while the Falcons were just flipping the board and telling the Rams to fuckoff. For some reason the Jet Sweep package was taken out of the game completely(I don't think I saw Tavon Austin on the field once) and we ran a bunch of slow developing run plays while the Falcons constantly attacked the line of scrimmage. They never did setup any proper screens either and basically just kept trying to draw the Falcons deep with receivers and then dump off to Gurley who either dropped the ball or was tackled immediately. In the 2nd half they came out firing with Gurley who had success, but they immediately abandoned the running game after like their 2nd drive in the 3rd quarter.

The key to the Falcons winning in the end is they completely dominated the ToP, I think in the first half it was like 22 to 5 at one point. I know McVay loves his uptempo, quick strike offense, but I think one of the things he's going need to work on is taking a step back and calling plays that sustain drives and let the defense take breathers.

I thought the defense got off to a good start though, Countess and Cooper giving up the ball deep in our end really messed up the whole field position battle we had going on for the first 3 or 4 drives.

All in all I thought Goff was the best player we had on offense the whole game, he moved around nicely in the pocket, threw some rockets into tight coverage, but he was really let down by drops and other mental mistakes by his receivers. The constant reviewing of catches was annoying, but wouldn't be necessary if the receivers would have just got their hands on the drat ball.

Rams current free agent tracker:

code:
Trumaine Johnson	CB	28	LA	TBD	$16,742,400	UFA	-
Sammy Watkins	WR	24	LA	TBD	$4,983,901	UFA	-
Connor Barwin	OLB	31	LA	TBD	$3,500,000	UFA	-
Dominique Easley	DT	25	LA	TBD	$1,797,000	UFA	-
Lance Dunbar	RB	27	LA	TBD	$1,500,000	UFA	-
Cody Davis	FS	28	LA	TBD	$1,458,333	UFA	-
LaMarcus Joyner	FS	27	LA	TBD	$1,257,545	UFA	-
John Sullivan	C	32	LA	TBD	$999,999	UFA	-
Derek Carrier	TE	27	LA	TBD	$995,000	UFA	-
Jake McQuaide	LS	30	LA	TBD	$861,250	UFA	-
Nickell Robey-Coleman	CB	25	LA	TBD	$855,000	UFA	-
Tyrunn Walker	DT	27	LA	TBD	$775,000	UFA	-
Cornelius Lucas	RT	26	LA	TBD	$690,000	UFA	-
Isaiah Johnson	FS	25	LA	TBD	$660,000	UFA	-
To me, the MUST signs are:

Trumaine Johnson
LaMarcus Joyner
John Sullivan
Jake McQuaide
Nickell Robey-Coleman

Of course they HAVE to sign Aaron Donald. I'm hoping they sign him in the next day or two.

I would also like to keep Cody Davis, Sammy Watkins (if they can't get Allen Robinson), Conner Barwin, and Dominique Easley (only if recovered from injury). I liked what Tyrunn Walker did for us this year, but he can be replaced.

Talk to me Darius, tell me where I'm wrong or right. ;)

You pretty much hit it. Johnson and Robey-Coleman need to come back, we have no idea what Kayvon is going to look like next year and lol if you plan on signing a corner or trying to draft one this year. Joyner looked great at safety and can still play corner in a pinch. Sullivan needs to stay until he breaks down or they draft his replacement. Aaron Donald needs an extension like last year, but they actually have the cap room now.

Cody Davis is good depth. Watkins already said he wants to come back next year and I think he needs a full offseason with Goff. Barwin I'm meh on, if he comes back around the 3m mark again that would be fine. Walker can come back as long as he isn't a starter again. I would throw Dunbar in as well but only because I want them to cut/trade Tavon and I think he could play the same roles he does except for way cheaper.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

...but only because I want them to cut/trade Tavon...

Yeah, I gotta imagine that Tavon is gone.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/951111028141707266

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
There's a hot rumor floating around twitter that Sarkisian may end up re-united with Carroll and I don't know how to feel about it :thunk:

Sark has been better...but I feel like we could do better...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Bevell: are you guys still gonna run with me?
Seahawks: nah, we'll pass

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
They're gonna promote cable to oc and you're all going to feel silly

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Vhak lord of hate posted:

They're gonna promote cable to oc and you're all going to feel suicidal

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Yeah this feels like some monkey's paw poo poo right now. I need to be assured Cable is gone before I get any sense of relief, and the Sark rumors are definitely discouraging on top of that

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/1090TheFan/stat...nse-coordinator

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah this feels like some monkey's paw poo poo right now. I need to be assured Cable is gone before I get any sense of relief, and the Sark rumors are definitely discouraging on top of that
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/st...ordinator-fired

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 10, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/bcondotta/status/951148051913105408

I trust a local beat writer over a national one...

:ohdear:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bcondotta/status/951148051913105408

I trust a local beat writer over a national one...

:ohdear:

From our lips to the ears of Paul Allen

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/951205966057320448

It's over, he can't hurt us anymore

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Can we interest you in an exciting OC called Jimmy Raye?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
:woop: I expect nothing amazing next year as they adjust to a new offensive staff, but it's nice to see adjustments away from a scheme that was getting progressively worse with each season.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Came to post this.

19-0 bitches, let's rock and roll

its all nice on rice posted:

:woop: I expect nothing amazing next year as they adjust to a new offensive staff, but it's nice to see adjustments away from a scheme that was getting progressively worse with each season.

Normally I'd agree. But the schemes and OL play was so bad, I have a hard time imagining our offense will be worse. Especially with our OL getting older and hopefully finding a serviceable RB in the offseason.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
the seahawks have won the super bowl, etc.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Greg Roman for next Seattle OC.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Manoueverable posted:

the seahawks have won the super bowl, etc.

19-0 let freedom ring

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Long Night has ended friends. The Dawn shall come again :unsmith:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Sure love not giving a gently caress about coaching hires this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Our long national nightmare is over :peanut:

• Locked thread