Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Jack Trades posted:

That's accurate. 3S is the latest one chronologically and it takes place in 1999.

So they've given up on explaining the cell phones and what not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

you forget to put make up one time and

edit: not going to lie, i don't want to grind for sfbux and will spend :20bux: on Sakura related dlc

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 10, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

Shadaloo and Illuminati have accelerated technological progress in Street Fighter universe.

I mean, they have androids with self-learning AI and human cloning and whatever the hell else in '95.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Dias posted:

Why do the eyes look worse on the story costume?

Paste the image in mspaint, make a rectangle selection around one set of eyes and drag them closer to the other set of eyes. They're different, the ones on the story costume are larger.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

that head placement irks me, it looks like someone took Sakura's head in photoshop and shifted it a couple pixels off to the side

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

SirKibbles posted:

it's a sliding time scale thing so don't worry about it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

man shoots fireball out of hands...wait is that a cellular telephone!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
You used to call me on my cell phone

Late night when you need a motorcycle ride across an ocean

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Real hurthling! posted:

man shoots fireball out of hands...wait is that a cellular telephone!

It's more me laughing at their steadfast refusal to move past 3S than anything else.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/01/09/patch-notes-for-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition?no_redir=1

i didnt read it all but heres the skinny: it sucks rear end

e they still just say things are "changed" because theyre extremely stupid

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jack Trades posted:

Shadaloo and Illuminati have accelerated technological progress in Street Fighter universe.

I mean, they have androids with self-learning AI and human cloning and whatever the hell else in '95.

Yeah, it's the same thing as Venom Snake having a holographic smartphone and and a fully functioning and articulate self-contained robotic hand that he controls with his brain in like 1984 over in Metal Gear Solid world. You chalk it up to the alternate history being completely weirded up by the existence of actual, for real supervillains and vampires and stuff.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If they went past SF3 in the timeline maybe they would feel like every game can't eventually have all the stages and characters from SSFT2.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We had cellphones back then. They weighed 75 pounds and had a 4 foot long antenna and came with a backpack you had to crank. 2 hours of charging up the backpack gave you about 2 minutes of cell time.

The Street Fighters probably bypass all that by simply charging the phone with their chi or ki or Χ or whatever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

These came out in 1999

and these in 1996

so it's not THAT ridiculous.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Sakura comes out in zubaz pants and a neon windbreaker. "I'm betting all my pogs on this next one!"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

The Dave posted:

If they went past SF3 in the timeline maybe they would feel like every game can't eventually have all the stages and characters from SSFT2.

They could invent some story thing that says having lots of ki energy slows down the aging process or something

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
They could also stop bullshitting and just admit that 4/5 were a reboot of street fighter & that nobody really cares about the lore of street fighter beyond a wrestling/comic book style attachment to the individual silly storylines of their favorite characters.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

loving casuals

Who else rented this game and was very disappointed upon getting home and booting it up?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

Who else rented this game and was very disappointed upon getting home and booting it up?

My mom bought it for me from a thrift store because she knew I loved street fighter....

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky posted:

They could also stop bullshitting and just admit that 4/5 were a reboot of street fighter & that nobody really cares about the lore of street fighter beyond a wrestling/comic book style attachment to the individual silly storylines of their favorite characters.

They are japanese so the lore being terrible, insane, and sacred is very important

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/01/09/patch-notes-for-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition?no_redir=1

i didnt read it all but heres the skinny: it sucks rear end

e they still just say things are "changed" because theyre extremely stupid

I still don't understand their balance approaching to changing a number on every move in such a minuscule way that it barely actually matters

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dragon Ball nuked GT so maybe it can happen again?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I still don't understand their balance approaching to changing a number on every move in such a minuscule way that it barely actually matters

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Brosnan posted:

I didn't even know this had anything to do with Street Fighter despite the name and the main character being called Ken because I was a stupid kid and the game play was nothing alike. So I had fun with it anyway.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Changing the numbers in a meaningful way means that they were wrong before, and no one at Capcom is wrong. In fact, the fans are the ones who are wrong.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In Training posted:

It makes it look like they're doing something to fix stuff without having to actually do anything.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

I don't think any Street Fighter takes place beyond 2000

Welp, I'm sticking with my theory that Sakura is tripping balls on shrooms. Thanks!

Saint Freak posted:

Changing the numbers in a meaningful way means that they were wrong before, and no one at Capcom is wrong. In fact, the fans are the ones who are wrong.

How are they going to leave the haters behind if they actually acknowledge them.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 11, 2018

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

In Training posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont you see, cammys st mk having slower recovery changes everything

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

(Cause now theres even fewer good pokes in the game)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Small changes like 1f slower or faster matter an incredibly huge amount. New things become possible or things stop working cause of "tweaking the numbers".

That said I'm a big fan of the s3 patch as its moving the game forward albeit slowly in the right direction.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

At the speed of a glacier, maybe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Evil Canadian posted:

Small changes like 1f slower or faster matter an incredibly huge amount. New things become possible or things stop working cause of "tweaking the numbers".

That said I'm a big fan of the s3 patch as its moving the game forward albeit slowly in the right direction.

i can't believe it's finally just gonna delete the game from existence by itself in a couple of patches

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

neoliberalism in game design

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

anime was right posted:

neoliberalism in game design

The Election of Donald J. Trump and It's Effect on the Design Philosophy of Street Fighter V

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Evil Canadian posted:

ya its moving in the right direction like how if a truck is speeding straight towards you and you move to the side to try to avoid it but instead of running you drop to your knees and crawl like a baby on the ground

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’m totally ready to reinstall SFV and be hype again. Oh, wait, no, we’re getting Rising Thunder back, and it manages to feel more legit half the time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Man I am so glad I don't keep an outlook like you guys. When I hated poo poo in s2 I just stopped playing sf5 and stopped thinking about it, must be a burden to constantly obsess over something you don't like.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

the real burden is reading your posts buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I got enough fight dollars for a new fightdude and as a Canadian I felt obligated to get Abigail and my stars he's just so... large~...