Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

veni veni veni posted:

You said ignore it without penalty, not reap all the benefits of playing online without pvp. You can always play offline and never have to pvp.
"You can ignore PvP at the cost of losing access to other features" feels like a penalty to me.

quote:

I don't get why some people hate it so much. Even if you don't enjoy it (no idea how someone doesn't enjoy it but hey)

Because I enjoy exploration and goofing around with friends, and all PvP is about is having some jerk try and stop me from doing that.

The PvE side of the game is built around punishing the player for not learning from their mistakes (did you think the enemy was going to thrust instead of sweep, despite having seem them do that before? Lose a big chunk of HP) whereas the multiplayer is far more unpredictable and less balanced and I don't like the combination of the two modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sugar sucks and most desserts are terrible

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Away all Goats posted:

gently caress you

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Then why do you have a picture of cotton candy as an avatar?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Away all Goats posted:

As I'm nearing 40, I find I can't eat or enjoy sweet stuff anymore, but I honestly just don't find myself even wanting anymore sweet stuff.

Pies and cobblers still loving rule, though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How? I want to do things like kill bosses, help kill bosses, kindle bonfires, summon friends, etc

I've sent you an application to the Communist Party, expect it in the mail soon.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Away all Goats posted:

I can understand thinking this if you've only ever tried dessert at like applebees or whatever where all they understand is sweet on top of more sweet and usually either serve you stale or store-bought stuff (or both), but I can't get behind this opinion if we're talking about desserts in general. Not liking sweet stuff at all to any degree is weird but I can at least understand it, but not liking most of the wide range of desserts available is way too unpopular of an opinion to me.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

oldpainless posted:

gently caress you

More like Olddiabetesless.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Doctor Spaceman posted:

"You can ignore PvP at the cost of losing access to other features" feels like a penalty to me.

Because I enjoy exploration and goofing around with friends, and all PvP is about is having some jerk try and stop me from doing that.

The PvE side of the game is built around punishing the player for not learning from their mistakes (did you think the enemy was going to thrust instead of sweep, despite having seem them do that before? Lose a big chunk of HP) whereas the multiplayer is far more unpredictable and less balanced and I don't like the combination of the two modes.

Trauma Dog 3000 has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Jan 11, 2018

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sugar, sweet desserts, etc. are fine I suppose. The problem though is, that they take up space from your calorie allotment that could be spend on eating meat or cheese instead.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters are the pinnacle of uber-bland, instantly forgettable "rock" music that you listen to at twelve because you don't know any better.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fandoms, for the most part, were and are a mistake.
Tell that to the church :smug:

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters are the pinnacle of uber-bland, instantly forgettable "rock" music that you listen to at twelve because you don't know any better.
Aside from the handful of their very, very best singles I can't imagine anyone who would disagree. They're Nickelback that it's acceptable to like. Dave Grohl seems like a cool dude in a frat bro kind-of way though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I prefer "corporate" rock like The Wallflowers and Third Eye Blind when I want bland music.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Please add Oasis to this list tia

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sic Semper Goon posted:

If you think that, you should hear the second rate versions of those bands.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fridge corn posted:

Please add Oasis to this list tia

I wish I could forget Oasis. They don't belong on a list of bland music. The term you're looking for is "poo poo."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah it boggles my mind that anyone could even compare them with blur. Albarn and Coxon are in a different league

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Kylo Ren Force FX saber I bought is cool, and not a waste of money.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Kylo Ren Force FX saber I bought is cool, and not a waste of money.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fandoms, for the most part, were and are a mistake.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Baklava isn't very good

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Baklava isn't very good
I don't know how anyone can eat baklava. It's so incredibly sweet I find it literally inedible.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's why I like it. It's the only dessert where a little bit is truly enough to satisfy. Everything else has some endorphin feedback loop where I'm not satisfied until I'm stress-testing my mesentery.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Jan 12, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Baklava isn't very good

Tiggum posted:

I don't know how anyone can eat baklava. It's so incredibly sweet I find it literally inedible.

Alright, it was all fun and games up until now. YOU BOYS NEED TA GIT!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I really don't like it but I don't like really sweet things in general. My sister in her late 20s still eats peeps and I can't even imagine touching the things

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Get some plain frozen yogurt and then mix it with one baklava. Super good. If you spread it out through one pint it's not too sweet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aesop Poprock posted:

I really don't like it but I don't like really sweet things in general. My sister in her late 20s still eats peeps and I can't even imagine touching the things

A peep is pure sweet but the fluffy marshamllow texture makes it more palatable, imo than a heavy baklava

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
peeps are disgusting

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Baklava is good and everyone who dislikes it is a fat goonlord who eats whole trays of dessert

One spoonful each after a mound of lamb and veg and olives and cheese and hummus and bread and poo poo = perfect mediterranean restaurant outing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I eat more sophisticated food than all of you combined so don't even try posting about it

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you order pizza hut, gorge on breadsticks and boneless wings. Like I enjoy pizza hut pizza but the sticks and various wing flavours are so good.

Buffalo burnin hot, hawaiian teriyaki, and bbq are the best imo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Baklava is good and everyone who dislikes it is a fat goonlord who eats whole trays of dessert

I don't know how "I don't like really sweet foods" turned into "I eat all the sweet foods in the world" for you from the various comments that were made but that's an interesting thought process

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

1 is a prime number.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you order pizza hut, gorge on breadsticks and boneless wings. Like I enjoy pizza hut pizza but the sticks and various wing flavours are so good.

Buffalo burnin hot, hawaiian teriyaki, and bbq are the best imo

PIzza hut breadsticks and wings are basically the worst out of all the major chains. The breadsticks are just boring and extremely bready and unseasoned, and the wings are just doobie-style frozen store bought stuff like everyone else.

The only thing worth ordering from pizza hut is stuffed crust pizza. Nobody else does it right if at all.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah pizza hut is the new dominos, bottom tier pizza

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

1 is a prime number.

So is two, which is stupid because it's even. I like my prime numbers like I like my breast implants. Uneven.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

if your baklava is 'heavy', it's been poorly made. don't eat pastries from a grocery store, they're poo poo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I remember the first time I saw "balaclava" and I was super confused as to why an assailant would smear puff pastry and honey on their face as a disguise.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I remember the first time I saw "balaclava" and I was super confused as to why an assailant would smear puff pastry and honey on their face as a disguise.

I thought the same thing the first time i heard of baklava but the opposite where I wondered why someone would eat a piece of headwear.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I thought the same thing the first time i heard of baklava but the opposite where I wondered why someone would eat a piece of headwear.

You've been around long enough to know the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
And wtf was Alfred Lord Tennyson about then??