Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Fender has a new offset guitar for NAMM

I have absolutely no idea if I love it or hate it. But it’s new. Something different. Gotta give them credit for that.

Voyager remake? I'd never heard of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB0a4KtigKY

I love this guy's videos. Watching makes me want to pick up my guitar and practice no matter what my mood is or how many hours I've already practiced. Gotta get that pickslanted laser shred man!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I love this guy's videos. Watching makes me want to pick up my guitar and practice no matter what my mood is or how many hours I've already practiced. Gotta get that pickslanted laser shred man!

This is great, sub’d him. Thanks :) I’m always looking for new youtube guitarists to follow for inspiration. There’s a lot of genuine talent on there in between the dumb bs.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Dude go watch his instructional stuff. He nails all the details of how the big shredders get their speed; he’s super knowledgeable.

In the last two weeks he’s flipped everything I know about playing fast upside down completely.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

All I’ve cared about lately is shredding and all the idiosyncrasies of Shawn Lane to Nuno to Friedman etcetc so yeah I’m glad I found this. I’m in need of approaching my playing/practice from some different angles so this should be perfect.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The nuts thing is how well he does different styles. That tells me that he is the real deal and has a really thorough understanding of the biomechanics needed.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Voyager remake? I'd never heard of that.

I think I love this thing. It looks like the weird old crap guitars that crop up on Craigslist every once in a while, but higher quality.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'd be interested in that guitar, for sure. Especially if there's a Mexican version or a Korean version because lol at me trying to have $1000 for an American guitar right now. I will be in the market for something 400-600 after July 1, and if my local store caries those, I'll definitely check it out.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I think the biggest downside of that guitar is, if it is also 25.5, and I assume it is, and if the electronics are the same then there is nothing to distinguish it from a Tele and I’d always choose the Tele. It looks interesting but not as cool as a Tele. I love telecasters though; maybe there is a segment of guitarists who want something to sound like a Tele but don’t like the awesome, timeless body of one

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

rio posted:

I think the biggest downside of that guitar is, if it is also 25.5, and I assume it is, and if the electronics are the same then there is nothing to distinguish it from a Tele and I’d always choose the Tele. It looks interesting but not as cool as a Tele. I love telecasters though; maybe there is a segment of guitarists who want something to sound like a Tele but don’t like the awesome, timeless body of one

Yeah that's pretty much me. That's why I was looking at Talmans a few months back. Fairly or unfairly the tele got a strong association with country music. And some of us, again, fairly or unfairly, don't like that.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

*deep breath*

Okay, I'm having some perplexing and vexing fret buzz issues with my strat. I just got it back from my local shop to have its frets leveled. I went ahead and paid for a setup. The frets are flat and perfect. But it still buzzes on the lowest two strings around the middle section of the neck. Open strings are okay, as are the first 4 or 5 frets and the last handful. The buzz comes through the amplifier. So my opinion is that this is beyond an acceptable amount of buzz.

I've messed around with the setup. Here's where I have it now:
Action: 2.5mm on the low E at the 17th fret, the rest of the strings are at about 2mm at the 17th. I've tested going higher (as much as 3mm on the low E) and the buzz is mildly improved but still present.
Relief: I've gone back and forth with this, but currently it's at just a hair above .011 inches at the high E at the 7th fret (holding down at the 1st and the 17th)
Pickup height: bass side is at 4mm from string to pole, treble side is at 3mm (while holding down the 17th fret).

I tried dampening the tremolo springs in case that was causing the buzz. Nope. I even changed strings just in case I got a bad set. Nope, wasted set of strings.

I called the shop and spoke with the tech who worked on it. He's a really nice guy and we chatted for a while. His points were essentially: strats tend to be a bit buzzy, that my technique may be a factor, and that it's a good idea to just try not to let it bother me. But I really don't think it's my technique. When I pick VERY gently there's no buzz and I notice that it buzzes more when I strum a power chord than single notes. But I don't think my normal picking is inordinately heavy. I don't think it's my fretting hand either; pressing the string down right behind the fret until my finger turns white doesn't fix the buzz.

What else could possibly be the problem? What could I be overlooking? I'm about to throw this thing out in the snow :(

Spatulater bro! fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 11, 2018

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

If it's only buzzing in the middle that's a pretty good sign you have too much relief - the 'valley' in the middle is too deep so the string can't go up the slope without hitting the top of the hill. You can probably get the setup specs for your instrument if it's a Fender (set the relief, checking those buzzing strings especially, worry about the action later) but at the end of the day, if it's buzzing it's buzzing and you need to adjust against that until it stops

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

rio posted:

Some people don't care for the Tele's ergonomics. Also, offsets are cool.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Still can’t figure out if my CV60s Strat is “good enough” for those. I want them but I feel like they deserve to be in something nicer and US made. I don’t know. I’m usually not too picky about something like that but yeah.

If it plays like you want and has the pickup configuration you want then do it. For any given solidbody instrument pickup configuration is like 60% of what makes a guitar sound like a particular guitar, the kind of pickup is 30%, the strings are 9% and everything else is the last 1%.

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party

Kilometers Davis posted:

All I’ve cared about lately is shredding and all the idiosyncrasies of Shawn Lane to Nuno to Friedman etcetc so yeah I’m glad I found this. I’m in need of approaching my playing/practice from some different angles so this should be perfect.
I paid for a bunch of his videos and they were completely worth it. He breaks down the stuff that I would half figure out accidentally without knowing what I was doing, and now I can very intentionally decide to do it. Lots of runs became feasible at high speeds as a result.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

baka kaba posted:

If it's only buzzing in the middle that's a pretty good sign you have too much relief - the 'valley' in the middle is too deep so the string can't go up the slope without hitting the top of the hill. You can probably get the setup specs for your instrument if it's a Fender (set the relief, checking those buzzing strings especially, worry about the action later) but at the end of the day, if it's buzzing it's buzzing and you need to adjust against that until it stops

Reducing the relief didn't help. It just made all the other frets buzz more readily.

Something that just occurred to me: if the crowning wasn't done properly, leaving the top of the frets too flat, does that cause buzz?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Spatulater bro! posted:

*deep breath*

Okay, I'm having some perplexing and vexing fret buzz issues with my strat.

have you tried it with a capo, afaik if that fixes the problem it points to a faulty nut

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

djent posted:

I've had all my poo poo in a barn for the last few years with no heat, no insulation, and no problems. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it stays dry in there.

Thanks champ!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

ragle posted:

have you tried it with a capo, afaik if that fixes the problem it points to a faulty nut

Yeah, a low nut can create buzzing behind the fretted note - can you tell if it is a fret buzz like you might get with too low action or is it a different kind of buzz? Can you hear where on the neck (assuming it is on the neck) the buzz is coming from? If the frets are level then not having crowned frets shouldn’t matter - that affects the tone of the notes but level frets are level frets so there wouldn’t be any high points to create buzzes.

Is the relief the same on both sides of the neck or can you see a different amount of relief on the high and low E sides? A twisted neck could create issues like you are describing. Your action is high so that shouldn’t make an issue but what gauge strings are you using out of curiosity?

The other thing is that it does sound like a relief issue but it might be a high fret towards the top of the neck - that exhibits similar issues to having too much relief because it creates a bow like having too much relief. Particularly since you say that it gets better when you get higher up the neck. It is easy for inexperienced people to not level the frets correctly, particularly at the top of the neck and that leaves big issues with fret buzz that are hard to diagnose. If you have a fret rocker or can make one that is an easy way to rule that out as a possibility (unless it is the very last fret, which happens sometimes, since you can’t rock to test that fret but you can try to eye it out to see if that one is high by comparing the second to the last fret and last fret with two other frets on the neck that you know are level).

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

rio posted:

Yeah, a low nut can create buzzing behind the fretted note - can you tell if it is a fret buzz like you might get with too low action or is it a different kind of buzz? Can you hear where on the neck (assuming it is on the neck) the buzz is coming from? If the frets are level then not having crowned frets shouldn’t matter - that affects the tone of the notes but level frets are level frets so there wouldn’t be any high points to create buzzes.

I can't tell exactly where the buzz is coming from, but it definitely sounds like fret buzz. I ruled out trem spring rattle. The character of the sound is the same as when I move my fretting finger as far away from the fret as I can and it buzzes like crazy. it's that same sound, just lesser.

rio posted:

Is the relief the same on both sides of the neck or can you see a different amount of relief on the high and low E sides? A twisted neck could create issues like you are describing. Your action is high so that shouldn’t make an issue but what gauge strings are you using out of curiosity?

I'm using 9-42 strings. I'll compare the relief this evening, but if it's different between the high and low end, it's an extremely minor difference. I eyeballed the neck to look for twisting and didn't see it. But then it may be more subtle than my eye can detect.

rio posted:

The other thing is that it does sound like a relief issue but it might be a high fret towards the top of the neck - that exhibits similar issues to having too much relief because it creates a bow like having too much relief. Particularly since you say that it gets better when you get higher up the neck. It is easy for inexperienced people to not level the frets correctly, particularly at the top of the neck and that leaves big issues with fret buzz that are hard to diagnose. If you have a fret rocker or can make one that is an easy way to rule that out as a possibility (unless it is the very last fret, which happens sometimes, since you can’t rock to test that fret but you can try to eye it out to see if that one is high by comparing the second to the last fret and last fret with two other frets on the neck that you know are level).

I'll check again tonight, but the couple times I've checked I've gotten no rocking anywhere on the fretboard. I've got an excellent fret rocker from Crimson Guitars.

The only two ideas I have left: the strings are new, and I've heard people say new strings buzz. Maybe the problem will go away in a couple weeks? Also, perhaps I need to wait a day after I make a truss rod adjustment to give the neck time to settle? Thus far I've just been making the truss rod adjustment and instantly checking it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Has anyone ever experienced "pinky locking"?

I don't know how else to describe it but sometimes my pinky snaps onto the fretboard and mutes everything and the only way to lift it is to also lift the other fingers because it feels like the knuckle is stuck in a pit or something. It takes a lot of effort to lift it back out of the pit, if that makes any sense. I can usually keep it out of the way but certain hand positions cause it to just snap down. I'm worried this will be a major problem whenever I might need to make a chord with it.

Both my pinkies do it but my left hand is way worse than the right and it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't be a problem if I played lefty...

Anyone have any advice on how to help with this, assuming anyone knows what I'm talking about? Google results say to experiment with posture/positioning so I'll do that. Anything else? Are there particular stretches or exercises that would help? It feels skeletal, but I don't know that for sure, so I don't know if stretches would be helpful.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but finger independence exercises might help. Practicing trills with your pinky might help - hammer on and pull off over and over trying to get a consistent sound, and try fretting the lower note with different fingers

Another thing you can try are those exercises where you keep all your fingers in place and only move one at a time. So for example you go 5 6 7 8 on the low E, one finger per fret, but you leave each finger in place when you put it down. Then you do 5 6 7 8 on the next string, which means you need to move each finger while keeping the others where they are. You can make it harder by moving to the lower frets or doing some variations

But yeah if it's on both hands it's probably a physiological issue? You might be able to strengthen the muscles but it's probably worth seeing a professional if you can

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mak0rz posted:

I don't know how else to describe it but sometimes my pinky snaps onto the fretboard and mutes everything and the only way to lift it is to also lift the other fingers because it feels like the knuckle is stuck in a pit or something. It takes a lot of effort to lift it back out of the pit, if that makes any sense. I can usually keep it out of the way but certain hand positions cause it to just snap down. I'm worried this will be a major problem whenever I might need to make a chord with it.

Both my pinkies do it but my left hand is way worse than the right and it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't be a problem if I played lefty...

Anyone have any advice on how to help with this, assuming anyone knows what I'm talking about? Google results say to experiment with posture/positioning so I'll do that. Anything else? Are there particular stretches or exercises that would help? It feels skeletal, but I don't know that for sure, so I don't know if stretches would be helpful.

If it's happening to both of your hands then it could be a genetic thing where the extensor tendons for your 3rd and 4th fingers are too close together and you just need to exercise your hands more to build up flexibility. EDIT this could also be due to a carpal injury or something so if it's painful or happens a lot you may want to ask a doctor about it.

But for general hand exercises:

Use one hand to make a pair of fingers on the other hand spread apart as far as possible, stretching out the webbing between your fingers.
Do the vulcan hand gesture, hold it as long as possible. Do the same thing but with the gap between different fingers.
Put your hand flat on a table, palm down. Lift each finger individually as high as you can. If bored, use your other hand to add resistance to make each finger harder to lift, or get a rubber band and strengthen your extensor muscles. (Flexion = fist, Extension = Open palm)
Buy one of these and play with it while you're watching TV or something.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 12, 2018

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

Yes, that used to happen to me often on upright bass many years ago. The way I moved past it was practicing long tones, moving very slowly and focusing on keeping my finger curved from the knuckle to the finger tip all the way down to the string, making sure that one the finger hit the string that the first segment of the finger was almost at a 90 degree angle as it pressed the string to the fingerboard. That fixed night hat problem and my third finger which was locking at the second joint.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Someone turned me onto this guy's totally granular and absurdly in-depth breakdowns of various shredders' picking techniques and I loving hate him. Because he's amazing, he's loving incredible, and I'd give my testicles to be able to just recycle the EJ stuff in that one video, much less all the stuff he breaks down by EJ and Yngwie and others in such agonizing detail. It makes me want to pawn off all my gear because no amount of sitting down and practicing is ever going to bring this 46 year old lame-o to play like that . I'm doomed to mediocrity (if I even reach that low bar) for the rest of my life.

GOD drat he makes me unreasonably angry by being so perfect at what he does. Dude's not even robotic, he's got feel and all the technique.

Point a gun at my head and paint the walls with my brains, or whatever that line from Fight Club was.

Yeah, I'm bitter. Why do you ask? (I'm jealous. Very. Nothing against the guy, really.)

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 13, 2018

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Yeah life sucks because we will never aspire to what we want most of the time. But so many amazing guitarists feel that way too and if they listened to that self destructive internal monologue then we wouldn’t have their music to listen to. I bet he does in some way or another and isn’t satisfied with his playing. It is cliched but the journey is the important thing and if there were a concrete destination it would be boring as we would shoot ourselves out of boredom since we arrived. Negatively comparing yourself to someone else in music is one of the most toxic and damaging things you can do and will ultimately slow down your own progress. But, taking away the negative part (the envy, self pity and deprecation and so on) you can compare with others to light a fire to work harder.

It sounds like lame self help stuff but it’s true and the satisfying thing is that it really is all within our control. Yes there is innate ability that is higher or lower depending on the person but someone with innate ability will still be mediocre if they don’t practice a lot. When I look at all of the musicians I went to college with some that didn’t have an innate ability and were not very good are way, way ahead of some of the guys it came easy to and are making livings off of music while the other guys found other jobs and don’t play much any more. This is all stuff I wish I realized or believed when people told me rallied but it wasn’t until a health scare last year that I realized I could die without getting to the playing level that I wanted to be at at my age (38) and now I try to get at least 2, hopefully more like 3 or 4 hours of practice a day because time is short and getting shorter. I did practice and work before that, more than a lot of other people maybe, but the steady, daily focused practicing has given me loads more progress than I had been able to achieve before. I play bass too and that was part of the problem because I had to split my practice time so there have been sacrifices since I my bass playing is not what it could be but it is worth it.

Take it for what it’s worth - I just felt like typing it up because it’s something I say fairly frequently to students and if resonates with even one person and makes them practice more then it’s worth it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It can be valuable to watch the peak of performance for perspective, but never let it dissuade you. Techniques are just tools for expression. Many think that shredding can be emotionless and stuff anyway. Just don’t set unrealistic expectations. The first thing I did after watching those videos was looking at my pick hand in wonder at the though that I had been angling my pick backwards in amazement. Just flipping it had me do things I’ve NEVER done. I’m not mad at all that I ‘wasted’ time. Watching these videos showed me in autistic detail all these new and exciting things to try and the alternative of just being ignorant is something I can’t find preferable.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
troy grady's okay but ben eller, who's just as guilty of the whole play this note, then this note handholding thing managed to explain pickslanting in about five minutes, instead of building up to it over the course of ten hours or however long that fuckin youtube series of grady's is

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I always think of that simpsons episode where homer tried to come up with a bunch of inventions in order to beat edison, only to learn at the end that edison had the same jealousy of da vinci.

Don't ever get discouraged that someone does something better than you and think that they have this god talent, they got there from hard work and so can you. Related, I've been having a shitload of fun using superior drummer to practice instead of using a metronome. I used to use it for writing riffs/song ideas but doing it to practice scales sometimes as been helping out a lot. Also I got one of those grip strengthener things with the variable tension and it really helps for warming up.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I'm not so great at actually doing this myself, but my feeling is that practising effectively is way more important than innate dexterity or even total time spent. I used to spend hours just noodling and trying to learn songs purely by playing along with the track at full speed, and I couldn't understand how I wasn't getting any better. I have regular lessons now which makes a massive difference but even still my "1 hour practice every day" has very little structure, and there's lots of things I keep neglecting. I used Music Discipline for a while but my login stopped working and I've been meaning to put something together to try and organise my practice better.

I'm not really at a point where I can get any benefit out of those videos myself but I honestly get the opposite feeling from them - that guy spent days and weeks analysing ancient VHS tapes of Yngwie playing to finally reach that a-ha moment of figuring out what he needed to do, and only then could he start practicing it properly. We get to skip all the wasted time of experimenting to find the right way, just watch his video (well, as much as you can take since the series is loving decades long) and just jump straight into learning it right. It'll still take years to get to that point I guess, but imagine trying to figure out how any Hendrix techniques worked if literally the only source material you could get is a vinyl.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Scikar posted:

It'll still take years to get to that point I guess, but imagine trying to figure out how any Hendrix techniques worked if literally the only source material you could get is a vinyl.

:frogbon:
Hendrix developed the Hendrix techniques by learning to play other people's records, you had the secret all along!!!

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

A mild breakthrough on the fret buzz issue. I've determined with a high level of certainty that the buzz is emitting from the next fret up from the currently played fret. I figured this out by placing a capo on a fret, picking the string to consistently produce the buzz, and gently sliding the corner of a post-it note over the next fret. Without exception the buzz was replaced by the papery vibration.

So what does this mean? My first thought is action, but remember that I'm already at about 2.5mm at the 17th.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

That video lead me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGEF92y4W2o

Jesus Christ. When you see what she's doing with her right hand..... I can't even... I give up...

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I was just venting. Mostly.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What is the red clamp thing on the guitars in those vids?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is the red clamp thing on the guitars in those vids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfhxpfu1vg0

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

baka kaba posted:

:frogbon:
Hendrix developed the Hendrix techniques by learning to play other people's records, you had the secret all along!!!

Yeah I know, I think what I'm trying to get at is that learning from a record only works for certain people. In the past if you couldn't learn purely by listening then you wouldn't really have any other options. Now it's all much more accessible, as long as you find the right method for yourself and the time to make use of it.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

So I'm in the midst of one of my occasional gear reshufflings. Could use a thought or two.

What stays:
"Yngwie" modded Strat ('06 MIM that's been scalloped, repainted and has new electronics and pickups)
'16 American Standard Tele (love this for jazz)
'06 or something Fender bastard Telecaster, spalted maple, made at Cort factory, Seymour Duncans etc. Love it.
Fender Superchamp XD - makes all the right tones
Some pedals

What leaves:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser sold an hour ago. Likeable and capable guitar, but never bonded with it.
Black japan Strat with double locking Floyd Rose, modded with Seymour Duncans. Never play it even though it loving rocks.
Line 6 POD HD Pro X - it's fine, just trying to slim down so going with interface and computer
Yamaha THR10 - really liked it but decided to go with computer stuff + one real amp and chose a Fender Superchamp

What arrives:
Ibanez RG655 - always wanted a thin neck HSH Ibby and this ticks all the right boxes
Bias FX and Steinberg interface - great tones with just a small box instead of the big Pod HD Pro bastard
...and one more guitar, seeing as one hanger is now empty.

Question is, what the gently caress do I get? Been tempted to get a 7-stringer of some sort, perhaps an Ibanez Universe. Or maybe a jazzy thing like an Ibanez AF75. Or something fanfretted. Or a baritone. Or a fanfretted baritone. gently caress, I have no idea. I am all covered in the shred department, and I have two Teles and a Strat so fairly well set there. Any fun ideas? Figure budget 0-1000 USD.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Buy a nice red epi 335

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Question is, what the gently caress do I get? Been tempted to get a 7-stringer of some sort, perhaps an Ibanez Universe. Or maybe a jazzy thing like an Ibanez AF75.

Get a fanned-fret 8 string from Rondo and play jazz on it.