Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Rockman and Forte is only the third megaman game i could ever beat apart from the arcade brawler

It's fun and Forte is a bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

abraxas posted:

Fun fact: the only noise complaint I've gotten in this apartment building after living here for ~8 years was playing the Power Rangers theme too loudly

Clearly you're sharing an apartment complex with Lord Zedd and/or Rita Repulsa.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

financially racist posted:

https://youtu.be/PRCd2VVmLXw

this needs to be at awful block someday

this looks better than i anticipated it would. granted it could also double as resident evil fanfic

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

It might have also been my singing along to be honest but the cops that showed up were highly amused and let me off the hook because Power Rangers are awesome :D

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm the clearly edited in "megaman kills himself"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Have to admit, the best part of the awful block was the huge audience for it. Envirobear started at ~3am east coast time? Those fuckers were up late. :3:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

abraxas posted:

It might have also been my singing along to be honest but the cops that showed up were highly amused and let me off the hook because Power Rangers are awesome :D

Good cops.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Literally missed the one run I wanted to see live. How this got an hour under the scheduled time, I don't know.

How was Star Fox 2?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

Literally missed the one run I wanted to see live. How this got an hour under the scheduled time, I don't know.

How was Star Fox 2?

it was snes starfox alright

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

abraxas posted:

What soulless devil called the cops on you for the crime of righteously singing MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERRRRRS

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

How was Star Fox 2?

two runners had to cancel their runs hence beibg ahead of schedule

one might reschedule if he stops being sick.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

ullerrm posted:

Have to admit, the best part of the awful block was the huge audience for it. Envirobear started at ~3am east coast time? Those fuckers were up late. :3:

The amount of actual hype there was behind some of the games during awful block was really cool and I wish more games had that much energy during the runs.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
GO GO POWER RANGERRRRRS

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

How was Star Fox 2?

bunch of ugly polygons that i reckon folks need nostalgia to like imvho that's my hot take i'm stickin to it

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

oyster donation!

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

How was Star Fox 2?

It was laggy and kinda hard to follow but nice for its novelty value. The reason they're so far ahead of schedule because the Princess Rescue (or whatever that games name was) dude got sick and had to have his run moved to hopefully another time later on and someone else had to have their run completely cancelled because they had to leave due to an emergency.. so we're ahead of schedule for a change, instead of being behind like 4 hours.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

That chart is bad. Megaman is blue and shoots bad robots.

I was trying to find a chart ranking Mega Man games so I could start arguments, but it appears that fans of that series have their autism manifest in other ways. Anyway, we know Mega Man Soccer is god tier and then everything else has a natural progression from there.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

HonorableTB posted:

What soulless devil called the cops on you for the crime of righteously singing MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERRRRRS

right? Fuckin' squares living in this apartment building.

Wooo Edobean again!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

https://youtu.be/PRCd2VVmLXw

this needs to be at awful block someday

According to the YouTube comments they used this same engine to make an Alone in the Dark port for the GBC which I never knew existed.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

also here's two shining force 2 perlers my 5 year old niece helped me make after i helped her make a boo from mario world

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I was trying to find a chart ranking Mega Man games so I could start arguments, but it appears that fans of that series have their autism manifest in other ways. Anyway, we know Mega Man Soccer is god tier and then everything else has a natural progression from there.

Don't forget Mega Man racing. Or whatever the Not Mariokart game was.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Huh, Edobean camera debut? :3:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Geocities? That's not a name I've heard in a long time

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Zeikier posted:

she did an interview earlier as well

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

s.i.r.e. posted:

According to the YouTube comments they used this same engine to make an Alone in the Dark port for the GBC which I never knew existed.

well at least alone in the dark can't look much worse on gameboy than it already looked on pc

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zeikier posted:

interviewer debut but she's been on the couch for some runs before

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
By the way I was snoozin was there any thread reaction to the collective fugue state and subsequent gang tag collectathon by the morning crew

Also holy gently caress what did I do last night

Awful block always does this to me

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
edobean!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

man i just had some friends ask for run recommendations and i got them on dragon warrior and they're losing their minds and now i'm just amped up about how loving good the dragon warrior run was

i might watch it again today

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

pulp rag posted:

Geocities? That's not a name I've heard in a long time

area51 was the geocities subdomain all of us cool kids had our babylon 5 fansites on

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I do love the Oyster shoutouts.

Kaubocks posted:

man i just had some friends ask for run recommendations and i got them on dragon warrior and they're losing their minds and now i'm just amped up about how loving good the dragon warrior run was

i might watch it again today

It's between DW and Arabian for best run of the marathon

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

corn on the cop posted:

this looks better than i anticipated it would. granted it could also double as resident evil fanfic

RE on GBC always struck me as something that's most definitely interesting, and achieved some cool things, and did what some people thought was impossible, but objectively would not be good

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

By the way I was snoozin was there any thread reaction to the collective fugue state and subsequent gang tag collectathon by the morning crew

Also holy gently caress what did I do last night

Awful block always does this to me

You had a wonderful adventure, friend.

Also most morning crew that I saw pretty quickly picked up the gang tag and just accepted it as law.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

well at least alone in the dark can't look much worse on gameboy than it already looked on pc

Actually, I think that was a port of the first reboot of the series.

How does the Alone in the Dark series have multiple reboots?

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, I think that was a port of the first reboot of the series.

How does the Alone in the Dark series have multiple reboots?

Because it's been around for like 80 years and Atari refuses to let it die finally. I mean, have you seen the movie? Jesus..

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

area51 was the geocities subdomain all of us cool kids had our babylon 5 fansites on

Legitimately had a Babylon 5 fansite on area51 back around 1996. :negative:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Once I get paid tonight, I'll put in some cash to get the gang tag

Because I don't think I'm ever gonna believe that Arabian Nights even loving happened without a digital reminder

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
pyf bean

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

abraxas posted:

Because it's been around for like 80 years and Atari refuses to let it die finally. I mean, have you seen the movie? Jesus..

hey remember the awful left 4 dead clone reboot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

abraxas posted:

There was a movie? I can only imagine how bad it is.

• Locked thread