Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I don't think, I've ever seen her in a role and have been blown away by her talent. She's always just sort of there. Maybe they can bring in Emily Blunt as Belova and she can take over in the MCU.

This. I tried to like Scarjo. I really, really did. The only time I really enjoyed her was when she called out Mizrahi for molesting her on camera. She is so dull to me. She just shows up, tries to take direction and says her lines. She's just.. there. She's like brown smoke. Then the Sodastream thing happened and now I'm not paying money to see her in any kind of solo venture.

They could honestly replace her with nearly any white, blonde/redhaired actress and it would be a considerable step up imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

He's the first member of the Batman crew

He has no style, he has no grace. Red Hood has a stupid face.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

This. I tried to like Scarjo. I really, really did. The only time I really enjoyed her was when she called out Mizrahi for molesting her on camera. She is so dull to me. She just shows up, tries to take direction and says her lines. She's just.. there. She's like brown smoke. Then the Sodastream thing happened and now I'm not paying money to see her in any kind of solo venture.

They could honestly replace her with nearly any white, blonde/redhaired actress and it would be a considerable step up imo.

I have to curb my posts about disliking her as an actress because I tend to get painted as anti-woman because CD has posters that just adore her.

Oh yeah, she worked with Woody Allen, I'm allowed to hate her now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You do say some dumb poo poo about women sometimes though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Scarlett is a bad person and deserves no goodwill

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You do say some dumb poo poo about women sometimes though.

My dude I like you a lot but we are both bad posters.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rhyno posted:

My dude I like you a lot but we are both bad posters.

Yes. We gotta stick together and keep each other honest

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

JordanKai posted:

Batman
Dark Knight
DK
Donkey Kong

:thunk:

Carmine Falcone
Mafia boss
Italian mob
Goombas

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Bruce Wayne
Wayne Enterprises
Enterprise
Quantum Leap

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I have to curb my posts about disliking her as an actress because I tend to get painted as anti-woman because CD has posters that just adore her.

Oh yeah, she worked with Woody Allen, I'm allowed to hate her now.

Eh, I'm in the "She's boring" camp myself. You kinda saw flashes of something interesting in winter soldier, but usually it's flat and emotionless delivery. Try to imagine her as Charlize Therons character in Atomic blonde.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Now I'm imagining Charlize Theron as Black Widow

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Id rather have another atomic blonde

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still in the Emily Blunt camp but Charlize needs to be in an MCU flick asap.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hell. Yes. Darryl is back:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/thors-pal-darryl-is-back-for-the-ragnarok-blu-ray-with-1821959568

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I was disappointed they didn’t go with Blunt for Carol Danvers. She was amazingly badass on Edge of Tomorrow.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

I'm still in the Emily Blunt camp but Charlize needs to be in an MCU flick asap.

You can just say emily is your waifu we'd understand

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Holly Taylor as the young Black Widow in training with Keri Russell as the headmistress of the Red Room :ussr:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

You can just say emily is your waifu we'd understand

I'm allowed to love her without it being creepy!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

I swear to god they cast her as Enchantress in Thor 3 a couple years ago and then I somehow went into a parallel universe. Like I vividly remember that being announced.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Retro Futurist posted:

I swear to god they cast her as Enchantress in Thor 3 a couple years ago and then I somehow went into a parallel universe. Like I vividly remember that being announced.

You're probably thinking of the Huntsman sequel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I still don't think I've ever seen a single thing with Emily Blunt in it. Everytime someone mentions her I just visualize Emily Deschenel

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I might get the Blu Ray instead of digital for once, look at those extras. :drat:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I still don't think I've ever seen a single thing with Emily Blunt in it. Everytime someone mentions her I just visualize Emily Deschenel

I don't like you anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What.

Go watch Live. Die. Repeat./Edge of Tomorrow right now.

E: Fixed title

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 11, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

What.

Go watch Die. Repeat. Die./Edge of Tomorrow right now.

Seriously, it’s easily one of the best action movies of the 2010s.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I saw the trailer for that new assassin movie coming out with Taraji P. Henson, which looks like it could be a good Black Widow movie.

I think it's good to have these action movies with comparatively smaller budgets (like Atomic Blonde and Baby Driver and the one I mentioned) proving they can be successful. If you sink $100 million into everything, you run much bigger risks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope proud mary is as good as it looks but the studio is doing like negative amounts of promotion for it so im kinda worried about how well itll do in box office

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wheat Loaf posted:

I saw the trailer for that new assassin movie coming out with Taraji P. Henson, which looks like it could be a good Black Widow movie.

I think it's good to have these action movies with comparatively smaller budgets (like Atomic Blonde and Baby Driver and the one I mentioned) proving they can be successful. If you sink $100 million into everything, you run much bigger risks.

Wheelman had a budget of 5 million bucks, was filmed in 19 days, and was fantastic. I like the way that these projects are becoming more and more common.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I find it hard to believe a male comic book nerd has never seen The Devil Wears Prada.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
^^^^I haven't seen it and I'm both a comic book nerd and relatively gay.

I love the concept of Proud Mary but the original trailer from months ago made it look like straight to DVD garbage.

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 11, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lobok posted:

I find it hard to believe a male comic book nerd has never seen The Devil Wears Prada.

I've seen the Cinemax parody, The Devil Wears Nada starring Christine Nguyen. Was she in that? Cause the acting and writing was paper thin.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Watch Sicario right this goddamn moment.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

^^^ Also Edge of Tomorrow.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I might get the Blu Ray instead of digital for once, look at those extras. :drat:

Movies Anywhere almost always has all the blu ray extras. Looking through my collection, I've got all the extra pieces they did in the early series and blooper reels and production design poo poo. I think the only thing I miss is commentaries but even then maybe I'm wrong. These may not get ported to other retailers (vudu/itunes/google) but if you have a chromecast, you can easily cast the extras to a tv w/MA.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

iTunes copies usually have the bonus features for MCU stuff I think.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

Watch Sicario right this goddamn moment.

Now there's something - was there demand for a Sicario sequel? More to the point, was there demand for a Sicario sequel without Emily Blunt?

It's like, imagine if French Connection II was about Roy Scheider's character instead of Gene Hackman.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 11, 2018

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Gambit has lost yet another director

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps Ron Howard could take over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wheelman had a budget of 5 million bucks, was filmed in 19 days, and was fantastic. I like the way that these projects are becoming more and more common.

Frank Grillo being awesome didn't hurt Wheelman either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

Now there's something - was there demand for a Sicario sequel? More to the point, was there demand for a Sicario sequel without Emily Blunt?

Yeah there is. I am loving down for Soldado and watch the other side of the coin as The Collector and Thanos gently caress up more cartels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Not at all, especially without Villenuve or Deakins involved. The only thing that makes me feel even the slightest bit optimistic for Soldado is that it's written by Taylor Sheridan.

• Locked thread