Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

LifeLynx posted:

I started a month ago, and here's what I have now thanks to store credit and trading in Magic cards:

Hive Tyrant
Trygon
Broodlord
Tyrannofex
Harpy
Neurothrope (old metal)
2 Carnifexes
3 Biovores (old metal)
3 Hive Guard
3 Venomthropes
6 Tyranid Warriors
6 Ripper Swarms (maybe more, need to check my Gaunt/Genestealer sprues and I need bases)
10 Gargoyles
16 Genestealers (plus another box of 8 unbuilt)
25 Termagants (I need 5 more, going to buy a snap-together kit)
And a bunch of Spore Mines

The only things I really want besides the five more Termagants is three more Hive Guard and as many Carnifexes as I can get my hands on because I love those models.

I have 2 carnies not painted in my style I can send you, plus any bits you'd like for them--painted Kraken. I'm at herpderpspamcatcher@gmail.com if you'd like to buy 'em off me.

Kraken Thornbacks are hilarious because every round they can disengage from combat and get another D3 Mortal Wounds from another charge :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Awesome. I will likely add new tabs to the core sheet so it's more organized.

Can you give me an idea of the general format so I can match as near as possible?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Boon posted:

Can you give me an idea of the general format so I can match as near as possible?

Check my post history; I provided a link to the spreadsheet yesterday. If you can't find it I'll post it again.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

MtG trade credit for that?! How many moxes did you have to trade :stare:

All of that was around $300 total with discounts from my LGS where I'm a Magic judge and The War Store which is a fifteen minute drive from me. Eight of the Termagants, the Harpy, and three Warriors were bought off a friend who stopped playing years ago. And I should've said, the Start Collecting box (Trygon, Broodlord, 8 Genestealers) and a box of Genestealers and a box of Gargoyles were "Hanukkah gifts" from my friends (aka bribes to get me to play with them).

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Check my post history; I provided a link to the spreadsheet yesterday. If you can't find it I'll post it again.

I'm having a bit of trouble manipulating it since I am awful with Excel, or simply because my work computer is hating on me.

Should it be as simple as substituting values in place of the current ones for any weapon/unit variants we are curious about, because I can't seem to get anywhere.

I am trying to get an idea of what is the most points efficient anti-vehicle setup for Marines.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

LifeLynx posted:

All of that was around $300 total with discounts from my LGS where I'm a Magic judge and The War Store which is a fifteen minute drive from me. Eight of the Termagants, the Harpy, and three Warriors were bought off a friend who stopped playing years ago. And I should've said, the Start Collecting box (Trygon, Broodlord, 8 Genestealers) and a box of Genestealers and a box of Gargoyles were "Hanukkah gifts" from my friends (aka bribes to get me to play with them).

Fair enough. I'm sure some people have enough cards to get that much but it seemed like a lot.

Your post reminds me to I need to pick up another Carnifex so I can make Old One Eye and fix the MST on my other Screamer-Killer my son broke by throwing it.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Uroboros posted:

The predator has just fallen out of favor for me as an Ultramarine player. Lascannons just come out as to expensive or to delicate on almost anything I take, or are to easily tied up in the case of vehicles.

I am actually leaning towards picking up a Contemptor or two with quad Lascannon, simply because they A) Hit on 2s B) Have an Invuln C) Can fall back and shoot at a 4+, and D) Can stomp some bitches when they get caught in melee.

This seems to more than account for the price different.

You're right on all counts, but stuff like a lascannon mortis contemptor being 16 more points than a las predator is exactly the sort of thing that makes me avoid forge world stuff on account of it being flagrant bullshit a lot of the time.

But then I'm not playing in a tournament setting or mindset so I can get away with that.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is Shrike worth taking in a Shoot Raven Guard list with no assault? He would just be a reroll banner, an I better off with a Captain as Warlord?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

Is Shrike worth taking in a Shoot Raven Guard list with no assault? He would just be a reroll banner, an I better off with a Captain as Warlord?

Hes a chapter master that doesn't cost you 3 cp and has upside, take it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Uroboros posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble manipulating it since I am awful with Excel, or simply because my work computer is hating on me.

Should it be as simple as substituting values in place of the current ones for any weapon/unit variants we are curious about, because I can't seem to get anywhere.

I am trying to get an idea of what is the most points efficient anti-vehicle setup for Marines.

If you have it in Excel you've likely lost all the formulas. Try working on it directly on Google. You basically enter new data the same way that I put it in.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
A question for Repulsor-havers, can a Razorback or Predator turret fit into the turret ring?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

PierreTheMime posted:

MtG trade credit for that?! How many moxes did you have to trade :stare:

Buddy I got into 40k last June cashed in his MtG collection for $600+ at our LGS - spent it all on a Tau startup within a month that never saw paint or even the table. Hams should be classified as a mental disorder.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you have it in Excel you've likely lost all the formulas. Try working on it directly on Google. You basically enter new data the same way that I put it in.

Looks like the work firewall is interfering with it somehow. I have this same problem with posting on SA. It allows me to post, but I leave the message screen open to long and attempt to hit reply the post will be lost. In the same way at some point the values I input into the spreadsheet stop calculating at a certain point requiring me to refresh.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
My own all primaris force I’m painting is something like this. The Gravis go in one transport and the exterminators in the other. BattleScribes points might be out of date so I have to confirm this with the codex.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [111 PL, 1990pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 177pts]: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 134pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 101pts]: 5) Psychic Fortress, 6) Null Zone, Force sword, Tome of Malcador

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor [16 PL, 309pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin heavy bolter

Repulsor [16 PL, 346pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Las-talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Twin lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 264pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 7x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 117pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Flamestorm Gauntlets

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]

Primaris Apothecary [4 PL, 68pts]

++ Total: [111 PL, 1990pts] ++

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think you have enough points to add at least one Heavy Stubber to a Repulsor. If you're already going full anti-vehicle on one I would drop the Icarus for another frag launcher and use the points for heavy stubbers on both. If you haven't already purchased the Aggressors go with the bolter variant; the amount of firepower they put out is only slightly worse less efficient than the flamers but has the advantage of a longer range. I'd also suggest finding the points to give your Intercessors grenade launchers and possibly your Sergeants power swords.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have a source for 28mm plastic pennants or flags? I want to add some pennants to the back of some of my Windrunners.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Anyone know anything about Ghost Miniatures?

The jetbike autarch looks rad as hell.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Anyone know anything about Ghost Miniatures?

The jetbike autarch looks rad as hell.

I've seen some in person, they're really good looking. Super expensive though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bombogenesis posted:

I knew it was the old sculpts, didn't know if they were actually smaller though. Still not an awful way to start up Orkz by the looks of it?

Well poo poo. What if I just want a million deffkoptas?

e; Oh...it only comes with one. I can read y'all I swear :downs:

The ork models are the same size. Battle for Vedros boxes are leftover models from the 5th edition starter that they packaged up and discounted for sale at Big Box stores(Walmart/Hobby Lobby) . The boxes are a fantastic way to start an ork army, Orks haven't really gotten a line replenishment since 5th so everything you buy will match up fine from other boxes.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Uroboros posted:

The predator has just fallen out of favor for me as an Ultramarine player. Lascannons just come out as to expensive or to delicate on almost anything I take, or are to easily tied up in the case of vehicles.

I am actually leaning towards picking up a Contemptor or two with quad Lascannon, simply because they A) Hit on 2s B) Have an Invuln C) Can fall back and shoot at a 4+, and D) Can stomp some bitches when they get caught in melee.

This seems to more than account for the price different.

Lascannon Contemptor is Forgeworld only, isn't it?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Zuul the Cat posted:

Anyone have a source for 28mm plastic pennants or flags? I want to add some pennants to the back of some of my Windrunners.

For this I used some thick aluminium foil folded over then cut to shape.

Doesn't take long to do and is much more durable than paper.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Lascannon Contemptor is Forgeworld only, isn't it?

Correct although you likely order the sponsons and then just magnetize them the cheaper plastic body.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Do you guys have any recommended sources for third-party transfers? Is it something you can print yourself at Kinkos? I'll be damned if I'm paying like $30 to get some Alpha Legion transfers from forgeworld.

Uroboros posted:

Correct although you likely order the sponsons and then just magnetize them the cheaper plastic body.

FW contemptor is ~$50 vs $60 for the plastic. Shipping aside, if you're buying arms for both, the FW model is cheaper and looks so much better.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 12, 2018

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Zuul the Cat posted:

I've seen some in person, they're really good looking. Super expensive though.

They're really not.

As an example, the jetbike autarch is 25 bucks, 33 on GW. And shipping, from Russia, is 8 bucks vs. 10 on GW site. And the quality is infinitely better than finecast.

I have a bunch of their stuff and have been very happy with it. Shipping can take a bit, my last order took a month.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think you have enough points to add at least one Heavy Stubber to a Repulsor. If you're already going full anti-vehicle on one I would drop the Icarus for another frag launcher and use the points for heavy stubbers on both. If you haven't already purchased the Aggressors go with the bolter variant; the amount of firepower they put out is only slightly worse less efficient than the flamers but has the advantage of a longer range. I'd also suggest finding the points to give your Intercessors grenade launchers and possibly your Sergeants power swords.

Ok, I made some adjustments for the power swords and grenades as well as the repulsor loadouts. I also have a finished redemptor so I might drop one unit of plasma inceptors so I can run the dread.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 12, 2018

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

GreenMarine posted:

Ok, I made some adjustments for the power swords and grenades as well as the repulsor loadouts. I also have a finished redemptor so I might drop one unit of plasma inceptors so I can run the dread.

Probably should try and sneak in a lieutenant somewhere, with all those guns you're going to want at least some bad luck protection on wound rolls.

Immediate reaction would be take one instead of the ancient.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

I got some more Death Guard painting done, like a fly

The DI Noxious Blighbringer

A faceswapped sorcerer

I swapped the primaris from DI with a friend for more Death Guard, so I had a spare Blighbringer to make a ghetto Foul Blightspawn

And a character groupshot, including my ~10 year old tiny chaos lord

But what's this? Zoom.

Enhance.

I wanted to remake him as close as possible at the new scale :v:

As a break from green, I did this dude as a Prime too. The codex was inspiring, my first army is good :unsmith:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
A very cool bunch of models! I like the idea of remaking old character conversions, and great use of the classic tyrant model.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Full Daemon codex transcribed to a google doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By...UpDUXBfbDg/view

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 14, 2018

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I just made an Instagram for my Warhams and other misc painting projects @deified_data if there's a scene for that sort of thing. I wouldn't know, I've never used it before. Follow me if you want and I will do the same.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have yet to find a more efficient killer than an Ork boy in melee.

that's how it should be

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Cross post:

Skails posted:

Finished up first small batch of hazmat troopers.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Full Daemon codex transcribed to a google doc: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By...UpDUXBfbDg/view

Hrm. I didn't know you couldn't take Khorgoraths in 40k.

Deified Data posted:

I just made an Instagram for my Warhams and other misc painting projects @deified_data if there's a scene for that sort of thing. I wouldn't know, I've never used it before. Follow me if you want and I will do the same.

Sure is! Just gave you a follow. I'm on there as @_wash_

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 14, 2018

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mango sentinel posted:

Do you guys have any recommended sources for third-party transfers? Is it something you can print yourself at Kinkos? I'll be damned if I'm paying like $30 to get some Alpha Legion transfers from forgeworld.

The FW transfer sheets are really loving nice though, and sizeable. Fallout Hobbies does custom transfers and you could go through them, they also might have some "totally not Alpha Legion, guys" transfers available.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

zeal posted:

that's how it should be

Stationary Dark Angel Aggressor is also insanely good.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

The FW transfer sheets are really loving nice though, and sizeable. Fallout Hobbies does custom transfers and you could go through them, they also might have some "totally not Alpha Legion, guys" transfers available.

Backing up my life partner, here. The FW transfer sheets are 100% worth it.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Great Unclean One painting guide's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI77q35hHk

Worth it just to see Duncan almost crack up laughing saying 'nipples'.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 12, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I painted my first ever Warhammer. It wasn't as easy as the guy in the videos makes it look

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Goons of Northern Virginia, right now Hobby Works in Fairfax is having a closing sale with 30% off GW products. Its been pretty picked through by now, but there's still a few kits and start collecting boxes left, as well as a bunch of paints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Guy Goodbody posted:

I painted my first ever Warhammer. It wasn't as easy as the guy in the videos makes it look

For a first model, that's looking great. Just need to get a nice base (I think desert would look great) and you're off to an awesome start!

Keep it up!