Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

To: Swirl
the medical science is indeed accumulating now that pot has snuck out of the shadows in states full of retarded voters. but in response, someone is about to say something about alcohol, and how it’s MUCH more harmful than mere pot, and it’s legal . . . thus, well, you know the rest of that fatuous argument.

16 posted on 1/5/2018, 1:07:18 AM by JohnBrowdie

Someone is going to point out that alcohol is more harmful and...uh...I don't actually have an answer for that argument but anyway you know how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This thread should blow up pretty good by the morning, but I need to get to sleep:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3619622/posts

quote:

CDC: Black men better fathers than white men
americanthinke ^ | January 2, 201 | Ed Straker
Posted on 1/5/2018, 1:45:02 AM by MarvinStinson

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), which I affectionately refer to as the Diseased Centers of Control, have conducted a study showing that black men make better parents than white men.

The study, conducted in 2013, came to light in a recent Washington Post article on the Post's favorite topic – you guessed it! – of racism.

The study was conducted by the CDC's Division of Vital Statistics, centering on how involved fathers are in the lives of their children. It found the following:

1) Thirty-five percent of white fathers who don't live with their children do not eat meals with their children, while only 31% of black fathers who don't live with their children avoid meals with them.

2) Seventy percent of black fathers help their children use the toilet, while only 60% of white fathers do.

3) Thirty percent of white fathers who don't live with their children don't play with them, while only 25% of black fathers who don't live with their children fail to play with them.

4) Twenty-nine percent of white fathers do not ask their children about their day, while only 21% of black fathers fail to do the same.

5) Forty-one percent of black fathers help their kids with their homework, while only 28% of white fathers do.

To put it bluntly, there is a crisis in the white community. It's the elephant in the room.

We have to thank the CDC for bringing this to our attention. The CDC are funded to fight diseases, but it's great how they take taxpayer money and do all sorts of creative things with it – like this study!

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

quote:

quote:
Nobody could be as petty, selfish, shallow and unhappy a person as they are making Trump seem with these BS anecdotes.

If you think there is any truth to this hit piece, ask yourself this: even if Wolff had proof that Trump was as horrible a human being as he is depicting him, why would he publish such a book, unless he hoped to influence public opinion against Trump?

The answer is that he wouldn’t - which demonstrates that is clearly his goal - to smear Trump and damage his public image. Once you accept that is his aim, then you realize he is nothing but a Trump hater whose vision is blinded by that hate, and whose sense of honesty and decency has been compromised by it.

100 posted on 1/4/2018, 3:59:48 PM by enumerated

"Even if it's all true, It's clear that this author is only doing it to influence opinion against Trump. Therefore it's all lies. QED."
- Someone who thinks that they are smart.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Plinkey posted:

This thread should blow up pretty good by the morning, but I need to get to sleep:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3619622/posts

Hell, why wait for the morning when it's blowing up now.

quote:

To: MarvinStinson

Science has become propaganda.

3 posted on 01/04/2018 10:47:38 PM PST by FreeperCell
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Hilarious considering the epidemic of illegitimate black children

7 posted on 01/04/2018 10:54:54 PM PST by wardaddy (As a southerner I've never trusted the Grand Old Party.....any questions?)

quote:

To: FreeperCell

Much like NASA advocating Muslim outreach, this blather has Obama’s filthy paws all over it.

9 posted on 01/04/2018 10:56:28 PM PST by MarvinStinson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RC one

Remember when the CDC refused to impose quarantine protocols respecting people who brought Ebola into the US?

Refusing to impose quarantines on Ebola is from the same mindset that says bulletproof barriers in convenience stores shouldn’t be allowed because they’re “disrespectful” of “certain people”

11 posted on 01/04/2018 10:58:50 PM PST by MarvinStinson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Ahh... here we go.

quote:

Amazing, considering that around 73% of black kids in NYC are out of wedlock. So what are they basing this article on? Mythology?

15 posted on 01/04/2018 11:02:44 PM PST by EinNYC

quote:

In 2015, 66% of black kids lived in a single-parent home, while 25% of white kids did. I would think that would have made it into one of the columns about what makes a good dad or not.

If these statistics are accurate - it is encouraging that the black dads are still there with their kids to play and help with homework. I’m guessing with the unemployment rates of blacks being about double that of whites that they would have more time at home.

17 posted on 01/04/2018 11:04:02 PM PST by 21twelve (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2185147/posts FDR's New Deal = obama)

Yes this is all from the "deep state," sure. :rolleyes:

quote:

Here we go with more “divide them by their race” BS from the deep state.

18 posted on 01/04/2018 11:04:50 PM PST by advance_copy (Stand for life or nothing at all)

quote:

What percentage of white vs. black fathers who don’t live with their kids make their child support payments? How much?
Maybe white dads are too busy working.

20 posted on 01/04/2018 11:06:55 PM PST by Hugin (Conservatism without Nationalism is a fraud.)

quote:

To: EinNYC

I found this shocking.

After a serious case of the vapors, I have come to the conclusion that the only solution to this nationwide disaster is to have white fathers speak ebonics to their children.

21 posted on 01/04/2018 11:07:08 PM PST by MarvinStinson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Man, Freep is in fine form in this thread

quote:

IN OTHER WORDS : blacks and other non-white "minorities" are magical and deserve godlike status.

The white man and his abominable Christianity needs to be beat down and bred out of existence

22 posted on 01/04/2018 11:07:19 PM PST by KTM rider

"Muh tax dollars!" seems to be a recurring theme of this thread.

quote:

This cdc report is total farce. I have never seen such a bold lie. Paid for by taxpayers!! This is laughable.80% of blacks will never know their fathers. This study is a complete lie. They dont even pay child support!! We even pay for their offspring with welfare!! This must be stopped!!

23 posted on 01/04/2018 11:09:01 PM PST by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

All that golf isn't going to play itself, you know.

quote:

Yes, affirmative action for whites, and defund the crooked CDC ASAP.
Many problems solved at once.
I’m actually surprised Trump hasn’t called out more of the bloated, crooked agencies like this, but he HAS been a little busy.

26 posted on 01/04/2018 11:15:40 PM PST by GnuThere

quote:

The War on White Men continues.

27 posted on 01/04/2018 11:23:15 PM PST by Architect of Avalon

quote:

The CDC skewed the statistics about Black men being at home and helping their kids do homework, etc.

Most single black fathers are NOT at the homes of all their kids, only show up to collect some of the welfare check, and are not included in the CDC study.

Other than that, this should win the CDC either a Pulitzer Prize or the Darwin Award for 2018.

32 posted on 01/04/2018 11:38:08 PM PST by MadMax, the Grinning Reaper

quote:

This isn't hard to explain, the problem in the black community regarding so many out of wedlock kids isn't due to the majority of black men, it is due to the serial sperm donors who have 7 kids with 7 different women.

Do the math, if there are 10 black dads, 7 of them have an average of 2 kids each, that means the other 21 belong to 3 men, who probably can't spend much time with their kids.

36 posted on 01/04/2018 11:50:51 PM PST by guitar Josh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

I didn’t know there was such a thing as “black fathers”, just black sperm donors.

42 posted on 01/05/2018 12:03:39 AM PST by aquila48

quote:

Black “fathers who don’t live with their children” do slightly more with their children than white “fathers who don’t live with their children”.

Maybe the difference is simply some number who lie about not living with the children, so mom can collect more welfare. It is a common scam.

49 posted on 01/05/2018 12:36:02 AM PST by BeauBo

Jesus, They really are outdoing themselves this thread, aren't they?

quote:

To: snooter55

Of course more black baby-daddies help their bastard kids with their homework.
They gotta teach them how to throw a proper gang sign.
They gotta teach them how to wear their pants down around their ankles.
They gotta teach them how to shoot a handgun sideways.
They gotta teach them the proper procedure for a drive-by.
They gotta teach them how to beat a single white man or woman to death with no more than five other blacks to help them.
They gotta teach them the proper handling and sales technique for crack, heroin, meth, and all their other civically responsible products.
They all have to be taught how to be proper THUGS (don’t they)?

50 posted on 01/05/2018 12:38:10 AM PST by 5th MEB (Progressives in the open; --- FIRE FOR EFFECT!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

Whats the % of black fathers who don’t live with their kids have been shot dead? Deal drugs? Father of multiple children from different women? Have been or are in prison?

Bottom line, any statistics that favors white people or disparages black people are hidden and taboo in the media.

51 posted on 01/05/2018 12:38:26 AM PST by Fhios

Excuse me, I think you'll find that it is liberals who are the real racists.

quote:

Brilliant. Enjoyed your post, you cracker you!

53 posted on 01/05/2018 12:41:52 AM PST by Daffynition (The New PTSD: PRESIDENT-Trump Stress Disorder - The LSN didnÂ’t make Trump, so they can't break him)

quote:

To: Impy

Black fathers?

What's that?

55 posted on 01/05/2018 12:42:39 AM PST by bagster (Even bad men love their mamas.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

And to end it the most Freepy way possible...

quote:

Not only that, they’re racists...

59 posted on 01/05/2018 2:01:04 AM PST by WayneS (An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"why won't black people vote republican, Idgi"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fathis Munk posted:

"why won't black people vote republican, Idgi"

"Are we so out of touch...? No. It's the negroes who are wrong."

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Freep: Not only that, they’re racists...

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fruity Rudy posted:

Bannon wants to make Trump out to be the “child” figure the left is painting... give them fodder. Trump is far ahead of the media and the establishment... way ahead of them all!

Trump does things HIS way and so far, he’s done more for the country than any other president. the left won’t report any of it, but it will become evident to everyone .. success comes to the surface.. it will effect us all.

Bannon is not only ugly and unkempt looking.. he’s a traitor.

22 posted on 1/4/2018, 9:49:58 AM by frnewsjunkie

They really think that Trump not having done anything of consequence and getting all of his slapdash proclamations blocked by courts is proof that he's really doing a ton of awesome stuff behind the scenes that we won't know about for a long time.

Fruity Rudy
Oct 8, 2008

Taste The Rainbow!
:siren: Steve Bannon has been thrown under the bus and run over multiple times :siren:

Breitbart Owners Debate Ousting Bannon Amid Trump Feud

quote:

I hate Steve Bannon’s guts.

We have global fires our president is trying to fight for us against all odds and this guy pulls out a shiv.
FUSB forever!

3 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:17:40 PM

quote:

He and his staff also destroyed BREITBART !

5 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:19:43 PM by nopardons

quote:

Kick Bannon to the curb!!!
How much of an IDIOT do you have to be to be spouting off about TRUMP to the media when he already knows the media is foaming at the mouth on any bad dirt on TRUMP?

4 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:19:19 PM by KavMan

quote:

Burn in hell Bannon!

6 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:20:50 PM by Eddie01

quote:

Maybe he’s been a ‘sleeper’ agent all along.

8 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:21:41 PM by WayneS (An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill)

quote:

I think I’m gonna wait till the dust clears. Something about this stinks and I am not convinced it’s Bannon or Don Jr. We were warned that we are playing chess in 4D, IIRC.

14 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:28:37 PM by softengine

quote:

His response was inadequate to say the least and sealed his professional suicide.

Sayonara Steve Bannon. Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out. You won't be missed.

24 posted on 1/4/2018, 7:48:31 PM by JohnG45

quote:

I’m with you. I feel incredibly disappointed right now, but am going to wait awhile before throwing him over.

I’ve watched many lengthy interviews with him. I find him very smart, but I think he has developed ego issues since being involved with the TRUMP campaign.

I don’t think it was accurate for DJT to say he had nothing to do with the victory.

We’ll see.

36 posted on 1/4/2018, 8:17:13 PM by americas.best.days... ( Donald John Trump has pulled the sword from the stone.)

quote:

I couldn’t agree more. That greasy little turd should never have been given the level of trust he was within President Trump’s inner circle. It’s quite clear he was never on Trump’s side and by pulling out that shiv, he not only backstabbed Trump, but the country as well.

38 posted on 1/4/2018, 8:35:24 PM by ScottinVA ( Liberals, go find another country.)

quote:

Criticism of Trump is treason.

54 posted on 1/4/2018, 10:25:21 PM by elhombrelibre (Cogito ergo sum a conservative pro-American.)

quote:

Probably boozing. I recognize the kind of face he got anywhere, I use to be a boozer and when the booze takes over stupid things are said and that might have been the case here.

53 posted on 1/4/2018, 10:17:14 PM by GrandJediMasterYoda (The remoulade was a trifle tart, but the souflee for dessert more than made up for it.)

Freepers are now posting memes that could’ve come from a Democratic mailing list 2 days ago.

Fruity Rudy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 5, 2018

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

[http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3619687/posts]African-American unemployment hits lowest rate in history[/url]

quote:

To: GonzoII

The Dims plan to hold seminars to explain the evils of being able to keep more of your own money. Maybe they can branch out and explain the evils of you having a job too.

Best election ever...

3 posted on 01/05/2018 7:03:49 AM PST by DoughtyOne (McConnell, Ryan, and the whole GOPe are dead to me. Are Alabamans tired of winning?)

quote:

Expect crime statistics to never be mentioned this year.

4 posted on 01/05/2018 7:05:13 AM PST by Bayard

Holy poo poo, Freep! :catstare:

quote:

I don’t think it’s the lowest in history. Just the lowest in 40 years. Back in the 1920s before welfare, blacks had the lowest unemployment rate of any group.

7 posted on 01/05/2018 7:10:02 AM PST by WashingtonSource

quote:

To: WashingtonSource

I think the employment rate was very high in 1860

11 posted on 01/05/2018 7:12:59 AM PST by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... The Fourth Estate is the Fifth Column)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: WashingtonSource

It may have been even lower before the 1860s.

16 posted on 01/05/2018 7:23:10 AM PST by Balding_Eagle ( The Great Wall of Trump ---- 100% sealing of the border. Coming soon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

What fraction are on welfare? And what fraction are actually seeking employment? Two missing key figures.

13 posted on 01/05/2018 7:17:30 AM PST by Neoliberalnot (MSM is our greatest threat. Disney, Comcast, Hollywood, NYTimes, WaPo, CNN, NBC, CBS...)

I feel I'm going to be using :catstare: a lot in this thread.

quote:

Dis no good. I don’t wanna work. Jes’ wanna bang on the drum all day.

19 posted on 01/05/2018 7:33:48 AM PST by VietVet876

quote:

This IS because of Trump. He talked about Black unemployment, and has done something about it. But the left hates him for it. They want Blacks on welfare and dependent on government and hating Whitey.
F*ck the left.

25 posted on 01/05/2018 7:46:17 AM PST by I want the USA back (Lying Media: willing and eager allies of hate-America savages.)

quote:

Not only have the libs failed to abort all blacks in America, but they have failed to keep them all down.

Trump is delivering for all, not just some, Americans.

27 posted on 01/05/2018 7:50:27 AM PST by Vision Thing (You see the depths of our hearts, and You love us the same...)

...What?

quote:

It is because they are disappearing into the cotton fields again, enslaved, branded and being forced to pick cotton for right wing slave masters like the Koch brothers. We fought a civil war to end this and now the Republicans are bringing it all back! Donald Trump, what have you wrought?

28 posted on 01/05/2018 7:55:04 AM PST by 17th Miss Regt

Jews out of loving nowhere!

quote:

To: Billyv

When Americans are able to earn a wage that meets their needs and begin to prosper in the economic machine of a free America (the greatest show on earth) they put on their thinking caps and walk toward the light of true libertarian-conservative thought.

Hopefully. But then, Jews are among the most prosperous citizens generally speaking, yet they continue (as a group) to maintain leftist political views. I think the best we can hope for is that a larger minority of blacks will move away from the blandishments of liberalism.

37 posted on 01/05/2018 8:27:49 AM PST by Mr Ramsbotham (Laws against sodomy are honored in the breech.)

Hey, remember when Trump thanked African-Americans for not voting? Good times.

quote:

To: I want the USA back

What did Trump say in Detroit during the campaign:

“What do you have to lose?”

43 posted on 01/05/2018 9:35:42 AM PST by henkster
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Red Badger

It won’t matter, They’ll still vote for the democrat 90%+

You cannot fix ignorance, sadly.

Until public schools return to teaching, and not indoctrinating, don’t expect this voting block to ever stop being house slaves.

47 posted on 01/05/2018 10:09:55 AM PST by HamiltonJay

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

chitoryu12 posted:

They really think that Trump not having done anything of consequence and getting all of his slapdash proclamations blocked by courts is proof that he's really doing a ton of awesome stuff behind the scenes that we won't know about for a long time.

He kinda has, Trump's been stacking courts with right-wing judges. Which is great news for Freepers! :shepface:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Freep is unsurprisingly fans of Scott Adams. They also seem really big into this niche theory that Sessions is going after weed explicitly to punish sanctuary states. And/or that it's 11th dimensional chess wherein the wily Keebler Elf is forcing Congress to legalize weed nationally for some reason.

Scott Adams tells you how Jeff sessions may have started the process toward making weed legal

Apparently this is one of those famous "small-government conservatives" I've heard so much about :

quote:

The key here is to totally enforce federal drug law rather than ignore Federal drug laws. States are subordinate to Federal drug laws and may not run out on their own under the doctrine of preemption. The first thing is to start the “no Knock” take down of these drug sellers stores in Colorado and slam these weed shop owners in the federal pen for 20 years. I can’t wait to see these new California pot shops getting ran sacked by DEA!! It will make me so happy. State law does NOT preempt Federal law here — It never has and it never will. Session is now a hero to the people of this country !! Crush narcotic sales!!

5 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:08:00 PM by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall")

quote:

If you wish to repeal a bad law, enforce it exactly as written.

2 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:00:32 PM by MortMan (Irony is the opposite of wrinkly.)

At least some principled Freepers, always good to see:

quote:

State law does NOT preempt Federal law here

The highest law in the land, State or Federal, is the Constitution. There is nothing in the Constitution about the Federal Governments ability to create and enforce drug laws (i.e. 10th amendment) unless the drugs would cross state boundaries (i.e. interstate commerce)

It always amazes me when Conservatives want a small Federal government except for the part of the Federal government that enforces the laws they agree with.

11 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:18:24 PM by ProudGOP

quote:

Session is now a hero to the people of this country !!

Well, at least to those who don't value small government, the Tenth Amendment, freedom & capitalism.
12 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:19:31 PM by gdani (I disowned the GOP before disowning them was cool....)

Taking the theory even further: Sessions is trying to disqualify Dreamers by making them criminals for having ever puffed a doobie. And apparently 88% of Dreamers have ever used weed, well above the ~50% for the US overall for some reason.

quote:

..but I dream.

Scott's in a pot haze of his own here.

Federal Anti-pot laws are not bad laws. They just haven't been enforced effectively and States have been allowed to flout them.

And if your real goal is to disqualify the number persons eligible for DACA consideration due to their breaking of Federal law by smoking pot, the number of eligible DACAs likely drops from ~ 800,000 to ~100,000.

Trump says OK to DACA getting guaranteed funding for the wall and end to chain migration in exchange for a mere ~100,000 eligible DACAs who were smart enough to keep their noses clean (that is, unless the other DACAs are caught doing cocaine.)

His narrative fails on the basis of its premise that Federal pot laws are bad laws. They are not.

FReegards!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
17 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:26:59 PM by Agamemnon (Darwinism is the glue that holds liberalism together)

Ooh, some old-school 1960s "mah states' rights", naked and unafraid.

quote:

To those that demand law and order. Where was all this 10th amendment bull crap during Roe Vs wade and the civil rights movement by these pot heads. I didn’t see that by the communist left then. Did you? The left thinks there is no 10th Amendment— Fine!! Suck it up butter cup.

20 posted on 1/5/2018, 12:28:03 PM by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall")

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Neo_Crimson posted:

He kinda has, Trump's been stacking courts with right-wing judges. Which is great news for Freepers! :shepface:

As with Gorsuch's appointment, that technically has nothing to do with Trump, and everything to do with turtle and the rest of the GOP realizing that they didn't have to do their loving jobs while an uppity ni-democrat was in office. If anything, Trump's staggering incompetence and minuscule attention span is slowing down those appointments.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Freep is unsurprisingly fans of Scott Adams. They also seem really big into this niche theory that Sessions is going after weed explicitly to punish sanctuary states.

To be fair, going after weed is about punishing black people.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cythereal posted:

To be fair, going after weed is about punishing black people.

My pothead buddy who is now really heavy into martial arts would disagree with you.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

evilmiera posted:

My pothead buddy who is now really heavy into martial arts would disagree with you.

Sounds like your buddy could use a lesson on the history of drug laws in america

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

evilmiera posted:

Hint: he's not the kind of person anti-weed laws are going to be enforced against.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Hint: he's not the kind of person anti-weed laws are going to be enforced against.

Well, I never once said he was clever.

Or someone who ever abstained from most any drug ever.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
.Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being... posted by freeper SMGFan

No idea what that's talking about? From the bottom up,

The reason this is coming up is that the Fire & Fury book makes it abundantly clear that everyone surrounding Trump thinks he's an unstable idiot, and of course they were talking about this on Fox News moments before the tweets. Trump doesn't know how to counter an argument, all he knows is to deny and state that no, of course, it's the exact opposite. No, I'm not senile, I'm stable! No, I'm not an idiot, I'm a fuckin' genius!

This is why I drink.

quote:

To: SMGFan

I can’t tell whether Trump is playing the media or if he is serious in these particular tweets and that is kinda dangerous. I can usually tell. I get the President and like his off center sense of humor but a lot of people don’t and could really take this the wrong way.

If he’s being serious I think he jumped the shark on this one. If joking; he should have been a bit more obvious about it. JMHO. YMMV. FWIW.

7 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:08:05 AM by Boomer (Leftism is a Cancer on Society; Pray for a Cure!)

quote:

Trump is incredibly smart but so are a lot of people.

His ability to convert his intellectual assets into real world e=results qualifies him as a genius

Trump has weathered many crises in his career so he must be pretty stablehand he plays a pretty mean round of golf so he must be pretty good mental and physical condition

Not sure his tweets on the matter are helpful, but they are accurate and true

Trump graduated with high marks from Wharton School of Business so and claims he is stupid or illiterate are ridiculous

13 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:12:54 AM by rdcbn

quote:

Yes, traitors on the left have to find another narrative now that Russiagate is falling apart, and could likely boomerang on them. Sedition is illegal btw. It’s becoming more clear everyday that this is a coup in progress.

14 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:13:03 AM by virgil (The evil that men do lives after them)

quote:

To: Boomer

I am sorry, how did he jump the shark on this one? The media has been 24/7 that Trump is a functional moron. A bunch of functional morons who majored in journalism (the major that creates elite persons/elitist charm school) are calling Trump a moron.

This is all these playground infants have left.

After a year plus of failing to convince us that Trump is a Russian spy or that he is about to nuke the world. This is it, to jump up and down like a two year old and say: “you are s big stupid head and I am telling my mommy that you are being mean to me!!!”

Trump’s tweet spells out the clear point: I have been successful in my endeavors, ran for and won the Presidency and continue to be successful. Who is/are the morons?

21 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:17:58 AM by FlipWilson (The)

quote:

To: Boomer

I’d like to see him meet with a panel of psychiatrists for lunch. Not make it a bid deal, but here’s the deal, if his enemies think he mentally unstable, that’s good, but they don’t. They knew that Obama was a class clown empty suit. They know Trump is not. If they doubt this, they do so at their own peril.

23 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:19:01 AM by nikos1121 (Tax cuts should be retro-active to January 1, 2017!!!!)

quote:

We cannot spare this man. He fights.

26 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:20:45 AM by xp38

Mods please change my name to WeedWanker

quote:

And to maintain his mental stability and intelligence, President Trump doesn't drink or smoke pot. hillary drinks, and obama is a WeedWanker.

The results speak for themselves.

27 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:21:27 AM by Vision Thing (You see the depths of our hearts, and You love us the same...)

quote:

I love this man more & more every day!

31 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:22:33 AM by TheStickman (#MAGA all day every day!)

Not sure how much of a burn this is supposed to be, but it's a hell of a burn.

quote:

He is very much a product of his genetics.

35 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:27:27 AM by petitfour (APPEAL TO HEAVEN)

quote:

This tweet just slaps the media silly. Trump is winning; he is pounding his detractors into the ground. I’ve been waiting for someone to stand up and fight like this for thirty years. This is a thing to behold; a rare phenomenon that comes around once a generation. He is like a heavy weight fighter able to absorb a punch and strike back twice as hard.

40 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:38:16 AM by Keflavik76

Post 7 above was the most critical post in the thread, but it's set off a few side threads about how horrible people are that doubt Trump.

quote:

To: Avalon Memories

I find it amusing that some are still so “sensitive” about President Trump’s tweets. I guess some are weak, overly-cautious, pearl-clutching and meek. Politics has no place for that. Have some hot chocolate and a blankie. Meanwhile, President Trump continues winning against all odds. MAGA! Crush the traitors and seditionists! No quarter to these losers.

45 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:54:05 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)

quote:

To: hal ogen

The President's tweets are a hoot. Here we have a man who has been totally up front that he is a counter-puncher. He also loves to get under the skin of those he is counter-punching. His tweets should be taken in that context at all times. It's a 21st Century type of gamesmanship.

Those of us on the political Right must get it through our heads that we will never win by playing patty cake with the Left. The President gets that.

51 posted on 1/6/2018, 7:07:26 AM by Avalon Memories (The question about.out fighting back is not what average people can to do, but how to do we do it?)

I really can't get over how they think he isn't serious.

quote:

He’s trolling/shitposting and laughing so hard he’s spilling the milk for Barron’s frosted flakes all over the kitchen table...🤣👍

53 posted on 1/6/2018, 7:09:39 AM by Geronimo (God Bless America and President Donald J. Trump...)

Someone brought up the Goldwater Rule and then someone criticized the APA for removing homosexuality from their list of mental illnesses, which brings us to

quote:

To: JimRed

I think it was in the mid-1970s homosexual & homosexual-sympathetic participants in the APA convention demonstrated (basically publically pouted & threaten to hold their breath until they got their way!). They demanded that homosexuality be removed from the basic “guidebook” of psychiatric & psychological disorders. (How’s that for an example of applying the ‘Scientific Method’!)

This is one of the many reasons I will never accept any argument that psychology\psychiatry (or any form of “personal counseling”!) is anything more then “made-up badly applied voodoo”!

59 posted on 1/6/2018, 7:26:47 AM by Reily

quote:

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

Obviously.

Obvious to everyone who is honest and intelligent.

Untrue only in the minds of the psychotic, and a very dangerous mass psychosis has seized much of America. This psychosis is as dangerous as the mass psychosis that seized Germany in the 1930s.

60 posted on 1/6/2018, 7:43:11 AM by Savage Beast (President Trump: "Les sots le prennent pour un sot." "Fools take him for a fool." ~Stendahl)

This was in large, bold type. I wonder how much of this they actually believe vs they're desperately trying to convince themselves and others.

quote:

As it becomes more and more obvious that President Trump will prevail; that he is the brilliant, benevolent, loving, heroic man we always knew him to be; and that the mass psychosis of his opponents will reveal itself for what it is, the psychotics are becoming increasingly hysterical!

It's the mad panic of the delusional when Truth blasts through their delusions!

It's always fascinating to watch. The delusional become increasingly insane, as their clutch on their delusions weakens and the delusions fail. Their hysterical pandemonium can be amusing--even funny--but it also tends to get dangerous. People will KILL to protect their delusions.

65 posted on 1/6/2018, 8:03:06 AM by Savage Beast (President Trump: "Les sots le prennent pour un sot." "Fools take him for a fool." ~Stendahl)

Oh look, more Scott Adams.

quote:

To: Diana in Wisconsin

“I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star...to President of the United States (on my first try).”

And then he claims he’s a “stable genius.”

Ever since I read Scott Adams’ explanation of “talking past the sale” I’ve looked at Trump’s tweets from that perspective.

He WAS a successful businessman and a top TV star, and he DID become President, and on his first try, to boot. But if he’d have just printed that alone and stopped, it would have just looked like a vacuous boast, or even protestation, along the lines of Nixon’s “I am not a crook.”

But that line was the sale line, the point he wanted people to simply accept as reality, and to get that accomplished, he then claims he’s a “stable genius”. That claim, of course, exploded heads across the liberal spectrum and in every newsroom in the country because that’s what they focused on, the “stable genius” claim.

But in doing so, they left standing his sale points, implicitly acknowledging them. Trump’s supporters are laughing at all the heads exploding while taking in the three assertions he’s legitimately made at the outset of the tweet.

And you’ve gotta love that “(on the first try)” dig at Hillary going down, not just once, but twice.

68 posted on 1/6/2018, 8:27:59 AM by Norseman (Defund the Left....completely!)

Also it should be noted that none of the people talking about "on the first try" remembered his failed 2000 and 2012 runs.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Trump claims he’s ‘a very stable genius’ posted by freeper SMGFan

This particular article is from the New York Post but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter.

quote:

They want to open this can of worms do they? How many geriatric democrat members in the Senate and House shall we begin examining for mental fitness. Will black members decry white bias when they are examined?

2 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:20:00 AM by Hotlanta Mike ("You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.")

Freepers:

quote:

Trump is a big beautiful president.
Especially compared with the like of those weeds pelosi,schumer,Obama and the Klinton Korrupt Klan (KKK).

3 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:25:07 AM by Leep (My otto erect is walking joist find.)

loving freepers.

quote:

To: Hotlanta Mike

How many geriatric democrat members in the Senate and House shall we begin examining for mental fitness. Will black members decry white bias when they are examined?

You see, they are "rightful" leaders while Trump is illegitimate.

Secondly, holding black people to white mental health standards is absolutely racist. They are different and deserve different standards. But if a white person says that black people are different, they are a racist.

7 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:29:33 AM by Erik Latranyi (Democrats want to shut down gov't to help non-citizens.....this is why they lose!)

The harshest criticism so far.

quote:

To: All

I know l am In the minority here but I think it Trump sounds a little on the defensive with this. I think he needs to watch less CNN and MSNBC. It’s a little too close too “I am not a crook”. By responding to this BS it elevates it to a legitimate issue. I love that he defends himself but this is not worth his time.

13 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:44:43 AM by gibsonguy

This is what freepers actually believe.

quote:

Trump will utterly and completely destroy liberal media.
They take his bait every time, thinking “now we’ve got him”.

They will lose because Trump is like, really smart.

21 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:54:54 AM by weston (SO HERE'S THE STORY: As far as I'm concerned, it's Christ or nothing)

quote:

Trump is a genius for sure - he works at a level not many even know exist.
IQ off charts.

Humble he is not.

Trump can challenge any member of congress to an intellectual battle of wits. He would win against almost all and blow most out of the water so badly it would be an embarrassment.

22 posted on 1/6/2018, 6:56:00 AM by rdcbn

On the use of "like",

quote:

To: Conservatron

“He made himself look a fool and came across as a teenager from a California Valley high school.”

To you.

Most of the country never went to college. Most never read a book.

Trump is doing like, really great at speaking as much of the country speaks on social media.

36 posted on 1/6/2018, 7:31:49 AM by aMorePerfectUnion

The poor freeper that criticized the "like" is just getting unloaded on

quote:

He made himself look a fool and came across as a teenager from a California Valley high school.

My God, how many hours do you spend on your makeup in the a.m.?

68 posted on 1/6/2018, 8:41:18 AM by papertyger (Bulverism: it's not just for liberals anymore.)

:psyduck:

quote:

Trump is tormenting them with the fact that so many democrats are from the LEFT side of the Bell Curve. That’s why they’re called the LEFT.

70 posted on 1/6/2018, 8:42:57 AM by abclily

Every majorly controversial tweet, and most minor ones, that Trump has made over the past months has been tied directly to stories on Fox News. There is no trolling, there is no grand plan by a master manipulator. What you see is what you get.

quote:

Not at all. That’s just part of the trolling. It’s a mockery of the low intelligent media. Quite deliberate.

Part of what he does is keep the media working overtime, 24/7. He keeps them exhausted. Posting stuff like this keeps them busy, they’re sooooo predictable....and they haven’t figured it out yet. So long as their heads explode with everything he writes he’ll continue to do it.

76 posted on 1/6/2018, 8:58:00 AM by fuzzylogic (welfare state = sharing consequences of poor moral choices among everybody)

You are. You are all, collectively, loving morons. We are all waiting for your generation to shuffle off and die. Get to it, please, for the good of the world.

quote:

To: numberonepal

and remember they think we are stupid!

78 posted on 1/6/2018, 8:59:32 AM by Reily

With original bolding.

quote:

To: MIA_eccl1212

Newsflash to FReepers: President Trump is the greatest President we’ve had since Reagan. He does many things that forward the best interests of the American people. He fights for us. He is smart, strategic, and has a good sense of humor. Now comes the hard part: he isn’t perfect. His oversized ego sometimes sets him back, even while it also has alllowed him to dare to fight for us. Life is not all black and white. He’s a man, not a superhero, FReepers. He is becoming a GREAT president, not a deity. We can live with his flaws because he’s worth it to us.

84 posted on 1/6/2018, 9:13:40 AM by Yaelle

What a great way to end the thread.

quote:

To: CincyRichieRich

Thanks, Rich. Yes, I think this must be said boldly and frequently. The mass delusions, the mass hysteria of the Left are as dangerous as they are laughable.
What's amazing is that some of these people actually believe the insanity that they're spewing forth. (Some don't, of course.) But the power of denial can never be overestimated.

The tale of Oedipus and Jocasta was laughable until Sigmund Freud explained it in terms of the subconscious mind. Then, of course, it made perfect sense; they knew all along that they were mother and son.

The Left is similarly in denial about President Trump and his immense virtues, brilliance, and heroism; they just want the truth not to be so as desperately as Oedipus and Jocasta wanted the truth not to be so.

It's an old, old story, as old as Western Civilization itself, and it appears that Western Civilization is going to destroy itself because of the very things that the Greek tragedies warned against at the very beginning of Western Civilization: hubris and denial.

Nobody can say that they weren't warned. Oedipus and Jocasta were warned too.

87 posted on 1/6/2018, 9:24:12 AM by Savage Beast (President Trump: "Les sots le prennent pour un sot." "Fools take him for a fool." ~Stendahl)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

White House seeks $18B to extend border wall over next 10 years

Let's see how Freep reacts to the news that the Magical Wall that will Save America will take a decade to build and cover less than half of the Mexican Border. (And cost way more than they were promising, but that goes without saying.)

Eh, just buy them out.

quote:

To: BeauBo

Our border with Mexico is irregular and impractical, thanks the Rio Grande River that is very shallow and easily crossable.

Here's my proposal:

(1) U.S. gives $50 billion to Mexico and purchases Baja California, along with the land 10 miles south of the existing border with AZ, NM, and TX

(2) All illegals, DACA, guest-workers, illegals in jails and prisons, and anchor babies move to Baja California and create their own nation (Azteca!)

2 posted on 01/05/2018 9:03:03 PM PST by Extremely Extreme Extremist (God Bless Attorney General Jeff Sessions! Thank You!)

:killing:

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

How about this instead: we build the wall, as he was elected to do, and any aliens here illegally caught north of the wall after a certain date are stood up against it and shot.

6 posted on 01/05/2018 9:28:49 PM PST by tumblindice (America's founding fathers: all white armed conservatives)

quote:

This bull crap is unacceptable and will dissipate the trump base like he will never believe. We want the wall!! All the wall and Now!!

19 posted on 01/05/2018 11:14:25 PM PST by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall")

quote:

This wall is never going to happen. I love President Trump and everything he stands for and has accomplished thus far. But, if he does not get this task accomplished it will have been a disappointing presidency because the future of this country depends on a leak proof wall and huge curbs on immigration, including Anchor Babies where people come on vacation to the US and have their kids born as citizens. We are truly a stupid country. The Democrats are treasonous for placing party over country. Trump is our last and only hope on this issue. If it’s not significantly completed in his first term, it will be over because Democrats and RINOs will see to it.

20 posted on 01/05/2018 11:20:54 PM PST by Mozzafiato

Surely would never promise something he can't follow up on?

quote:

can this report be true? all of the recent Tweets from Trump has been promising it would be built and beautiful.

24 posted on 01/05/2018 11:26:40 PM PST by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

Art of the Deal!

quote:

To: MNDude

“can this report be true?”

It is just a proposal, heading into negotiations. This proposal does seem detailed, and is consistent with other indicators that have been seen over the months. It would be a fat addition to the budget for border security, if approved.

Democrats might not agree to anything in an election year though, preferring to have the issue heading into the election. We’ll have to see what, if anything, Trump can get to get started. Art of the Deal.

He did end Obama’s DACA policy when the time approached for budget negotiations, so he had those chips to bargain with.

26 posted on 01/05/2018 11:56:53 PM PST by BeauBo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

The border between USA and Mexico: 1954 miles
Days since Trump became President: 352 days
Length of new border wall built under the Trump presidency: 0 miles, 0 feet, 0 inches.

28 posted on 01/06/2018 12:39:31 AM PST by thegagline (The Setup, The Ultimate Target)

And what are you going to do for the other 1,800 miles of border?

quote:

It would be cheaper to knock over North Korea overnight and then dismantle the DMZ barriers and ship it to the US border i offhanded was thinking.

Bring back some mines as well.

32 posted on 01/06/2018 1:02:19 AM PST by Daniel Ramsey (Thank YOU President Trump, finally we can do what America does best, to be the best)

I always love it when Freepers call each other out. :laugh:

quote:

To: thegagline

Amount of effort put in by Keyboard warriors to get the people they sent to DC to stop stonewalling:

Zero

Except tossing tantrums on FR

34 posted on 01/06/2018 3:33:53 AM PST by VanDeKoik
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

We do not have 10 years. What is the problems with these dimwits in DC with this cost.

We the People demand that they secure the border now. If not with the fence, with the military.

37 posted on 01/06/2018 5:22:02 AM PST by eartick (Been to the line in the sand and liked it, but ready to go again)

OCCUPY EVERY HEX WITH TANKS!

quote:

President Trump screwed up by not placing active duty troops along the entire length of the border in January.

Pull our military out of Germany, Korea, etc. and re-deploy them along our southern border.

39 posted on 01/06/2018 6:26:25 AM PST by july4thfreedomfoundation (SCHLONGED: How Donald Trump Beat My Lying, Marxist rear end and Went On to Win the November Election. HRC)

quote:

To: raiderboy

The problem is President Trump. He promised over and over and over that Mexico will pay for the wall.

There have been 8 proposal submittals and a selection of one or two can be made.

But...... mexico has not fessed up the construction money. No money, no wall. Congress will not provide the money. there is simply not enough votes

42 posted on 01/06/2018 6:58:33 AM PST by Thibodeaux (2018 is looking good)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

raiderboy seems upset.

quote:

To: Thibodeaux

The annual fireeign AID budget to people for a year is 50 billion!! Shut that off and build the damnsed wall— We want the Wall— get tyhe damned money NOW and build the wall! Trump ias flirting with political disaster at camp \david if he is listening to Rinos. This is a critial moment for America and his credibility and I do not like and will not politically tolerate what we are hearing.
HOW ABOUT DACA SPREAD OVER 10 YEARS BUT WE GET THE WALL NOW> This damned tail will not wag our dog!!

44 posted on 01/06/2018 7:46:55 AM PST by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

Find some :airquote:Volunteers and put them in :airquote:Camps.

quote:

That WALL can be built in 3 years of less.

Put out the call for VOLUNTEERS who have construction backgrounds.

Put out the call for VOLUNTEERS to feed the workers.

Provide the groceries-—and have it prepared by Volunteers.

Set up portable CAMPS for laundry & showers, etc.

That WALL can be completed in 3 years.

Refuse to deal with /or negotiate every little piddling claim against the WALL being built.

IT must be built under Trump-—of it will never get completed & prove him correct about the problem of the illegals.

47 posted on 01/06/2018 8:16:32 AM PST by ridesthemiles

E: Oops, accidentally hit "post" more to come.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Minefield!

quote:

To: Governor Dinwiddie

A wall, a 100 yard dense minefield, and then another wall. Bingo, that is MY wall!

49 posted on 01/06/2018 8:19:03 AM PST by cranked

I :airquote: love it when they pretend that they are going to do anything other than vote straight-ticket Republican until the day they die.

quote:

If Trump screws us over an a legitimate wall, he’s done. If it is not mostly finished by the end of his first term, he’ll pay for it at the polls.

51 posted on 01/06/2018 8:43:09 AM PST by Bishop_Malachi (Liberal Socialism - A philosophy which advocates spreading a low standard of living equally.)

Yeah, sure... "Correct Reading." :jerkbag:

quote:

To: BeauBo; All

I got a MUCH easier solution. Won’t cost a plugged nickel and as LEGAL as the all get-out: Eliminate the welfare state in any/all forms and prosecute any/all illegal activity on the govt side of equation to the full extent of the Law (w/ a CORRECT reading of the 14th A.).

Not a drat thing else need be done for 5 yrs. to check the ‘fall-out’ of said policies.

Funny thing what FOLLOWING the Constitution can solve...

54 posted on 01/06/2018 11:31:47 AM PST by i_robot73 ("A man chooses. A slave obeys." - Andrew Ryan)

"California has become a blasted hellscape just like London, Amsterdam, and Munich!" - Freep.

quote:

California is the corpse of a once great state, politically destroyed by third-world immigration.

57 posted on 01/06/2018 11:59:38 AM PST by Dagnabitt

Automatic Gun Turrets!

quote:

To: cranked

“A wall, a 100 yard dense minefield, and then another wall.”

I always favored servo operated machine guns with interlocking fields of fire, linked to motion sensors.

Sorry about that, Mr. Gila Monster. Next!

59 posted on 01/06/2018 12:19:03 PM PST by dsc (Any attempt to move a government to the left is a crime against humanity.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mozzafiato

Trump has already accomplished amazing things and his program on Illegalism will continue to be successful, no matter what the always suspicious and chronic complainers claim.

It is remarkable how deeply the “Are We There,Yet” crowd infects the discussions here.

After a decade of falling for every negative rumour and poo-pooing anything positive, they never learn. No one should care what they think have been repeatedly shown to be wrong practically every time they open their mouths.

69 posted on 01/06/2018 7:44:14 PM PST by arrogantsob (Check out "Chaos and Mayhem" at Amazon.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

To: raiderboy

Trump’s base will continue to support him because he is accomplishing what they want and more than they expected. I have no fear of him alienating it.

Those who act like children will always be unhappy but they probably were supporters of Trump’s opponents in the primaries in any case.

72 posted on 01/06/2018 7:49:28 PM PST by arrogantsob (Check out "Chaos and Mayhem" at Amazon.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

To: arrogantsob

Spoken like a true rino.

73 posted on 01/06/2018 7:55:40 PM PST by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall" DJT)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

The Wall hasn't been built, and yet "Illegalism" has dropped dramatically. It's almost as if the Wall is unnecessary for border security. :thunk:

quote:

To: eartick

The problem of Illegalism started to diminish drastically with Trump’s election and will continue no matter what the blind, deaf and dumb think.

77 posted on 01/06/2018 7:59:42 PM PST by arrogantsob (Check out "Chaos and Mayhem" at Amazon.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

Let's just hire them, what could go wrong?

quote:

To: tumblindice

Better than shooting - put them to work building the wall. Stop deporting and start forming work crew. Pay them $700 a month with three hots and a cot for 8 hours a day 6 days a week. On Sunday’s they get their choice of a Catholic Preist or a Baptist minister or to sleep late.

Let's them lay brick and pour concrete until they are ready to go back to wherever.

90 posted on 01/06/2018 8:42:24 PM PST by Fai Mao (I still want to see The PIAPS in prison)

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

McGlockenshire posted:

Trump claims he’s ‘a very stable genius’ posted by freeper SMGFan

You know, I don't care so much that this guy is slavishly devoted to Donald Trump so much as I mind that he hasn't ever seen The Princess Bride.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I like how so many of their wall solutions involve ignoring the constitution they love so much. Its ok when i do it because it's important.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I like how so many of their wall solutions involve ignoring the constitution they love so much. Its ok when i do it because it's important.

And the stunning ignorance that the vast majority of illegal immigrants come here legally, not sneaking over the border, and our own agricultural industry is heavily complicit in it because much of that industry runs on what is for all intents and purposes slave labor.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I swear to Christ Freep sounds like someone in an abusive relationship! "He's really very sweet you just don't see that part!" "He ALWAYS knows what's best and is SOOOOO smart!" "ONLY I UNDERSTAND HIM!!!" "He's just not a politician he's a businessman, he'll get better" "All politicians lie! I know deep down that he loves me he just can't show it right now!"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Duke Igthorn posted:

I swear to Christ Freep sounds like someone in an abusive relationship! "He's really very sweet you just don't see that part!" "He ALWAYS knows what's best and is SOOOOO smart!" "ONLY I UNDERSTAND HIM!!!" "He's just not a politician he's a businessman, he'll get better" "All politicians lie! I know deep down that he loves me he just can't show it right now!"

Trump is the gaslighter in Chief.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

I mean, are they not in an abusive relationship?
There isn't a single thing that Trump has done that actually materially helps FReepers.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

sheep-dodger posted:

There isn't a single thing that Trump has done that actually materially helps FReepers.

He's kicking out those icky brown people.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

sheep-dodger posted:

Being loudly racist and sexist is all they ever wanted in a President.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Are we staying away cause we know Freep is nothing but joyful at our blatantly racist leader and there's no point in subjecting ourselves to that?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

jojoinnit posted:

Are we staying away cause we know Freep is nothing but joyful at our blatantly racist leader and there's no point in subjecting ourselves to that?

People havent been staying away though. There's plenty to mine, Freep is always miserable, even, sometimes especially when they're winning.

It's just that Freep doesn't quite have the traffic it used to, between all the purges every election cycle and that all the right wing youth goto reddit. It's a mirror of our dead gay forum.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

What are you referring to? I've kind of lot track of American politics over the last few days.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Aumanor posted:

What are you referring to? I've kind of lot track of American politics over the last few days.

Trump said we shouldn't want immigrants from "shithole" countries like El Salvador, and instead should have them from good (white) countries like Norway.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

ratbert90 posted:

Trump said we shouldn't want immigrants from "shithole" countries like El Salvador, and instead should have them from good (white) countries like Norway.

Oh, is that all? NPR was going on about how the epithet he used was "too horrible for radio." :rolleyes:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jojoinnit posted:

I was sick all day and finally got some food to stay down so might as well see what freep's up to on trumps comment.

quote:

To: Maceman
I am not seeing the problem with this accurate statement.

6 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:15:07 PM by jospehm20

quote:

Probably more Fake News.

BUT I SURE HOPE IT’S NOT!!!

9 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:16:17 PM by BobL (I used to own a truck - but I couldn't handle the lifestyle)

quote:

WashPost quoting another anonymous source?

Why do I get the feeling this is another media smear job?

Highly doubt Trump would be that blunt, this sounds more like a liberal’s dream of what he WANTS Trump to say.

“just saying”

12 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:17:08 PM by canuck_conservative

quote:

Having been brought up in an “old school” Catholic house I don’t typically use words like that.However,I...very probably like DJT...have visited countries in Africa,Asia and South America that I’d call “cesspool countries”.

18 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:20:12 PM by Gay State Conservative (Remember: All Cultures Are Equal!)

quote:

To: stuck_in_new_orleans; vette6387; unkus; rodguy911; NFHale; ZULU; mazda77; SkyPilot; ...
If the term “poo poo hole” fits, then that’s what it is.

If true, how refreshing to have a President who speaks the “truth” for a change!!!

Kudos and God Bless You, Mr. President!

22 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:21:33 PM by ExTexasRedhead

quote:

EVERYONE agrees with Trump. Any critics volunteering to take a few dozen Haitians home?

27 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:25:01 PM by alstewartfan (If you should leave me now A sudden wind will blow your mansion down. Al Stewart)

quote:

Oh my God side-splitting I am hurting myself laughing I hope they keep replaying this all day and all night it’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time fake news or not he’s got my vote in 4 years on this quote alone

32 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:27:05 PM by connyankee (#covfefe lives!)

quote:

it is actually impossible to have an honest discussion about this topic without discussing race.

35 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:28:24 PM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

quote:

I think all the people trying to get the hell out of those poo poo holes would agree with Trump.

43 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:31:24 PM by aquila48

quote:

I AM UPSET THAT MY GOVERNMENT INSISTS ON IMPORTING THE POISON OF ISLAM!

54 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:36:41 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here of Citizen Parents-Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

To: Drew68
Exactly right, Somalia and Haiti are the way they are because of who lives there.

62 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:40:53 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here of Citizen Parents-Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

Sounds like fake news. Is Drudge spreading msm fake news!?

75 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:48:47 PM by JudgemAll (Democrats Fed. job-security Whorocracy & hate:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucifiedc)

quote:

Too bad he didn’t directly reference Mexico as well, the shittiest of the shitholes.

83 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:52:23 PM by Mr. Mojo

quote:

It definitely did happen!
My close friend is an attorney representing owners of the apartment building.

While the most outlandish example of practices from those same s##thole countries, there are many, many others like chopping up donated furniture for a fire in the bathtub to roast a lamb and killing all neighborhood pets and burning children their parents believe are “agents of demon!

89 posted on 1/11/2018, 6:57:20 PM by zerosix (Native Sunflower)

... I think that's enough.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Walmart increases minimum wage, hands out bonuses, crediting Trump

Let's find out what Freep thinks of a different kind of shithole.

To be honest I was expecting another Trumpwinsagain circlejerk but I was actually surprised to see some Freepers calling out Walmart for this pithy "reward."

quote:

To: nwrep

Not exactly great. You have to be an employee for 20 years to get the 1,000 dollars. And the raise is beginning employment from 9 to 11 dollars, but quite a few already make that and more. It’s be better to say EVERYONE gets a 1.50 raise to make it equitable. I get that it is cool that they are throwing out crumbs but let’s be honest about it.

3 posted on 01/11/2018 7:45:28 AM PST by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016)

Okay, that was a good one.

quote:

To: BlackAdderess

Yay! The cashiers will be happier.

All 3 of them when the other 19 lanes stay empty.

/sarc

6 posted on 01/11/2018 7:48:45 AM PST by Responsibility2nd (R2: Proudly intruding since 1958)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: napscoordinator

they are throwing out crumbs

The old folks used to call that sort of talk, 'looking a gift horse in the mouth.'

16 posted on 01/11/2018 8:12:09 AM PST by Windflier (Pitchforks and torches ripen on the vine. Left too long, they become black rifles.)

You dare to question our benevolent overlords?

quote:

they are throwing out crumbs

The old folks used to call that sort of talk, 'looking a gift horse in the mouth.'

16 posted on 01/11/2018 8:12:09 AM PST by Windflier (Pitchforks and torches ripen on the vine. Left too long, they become black rifles.)

quote:

They could have done nothing and spiffed the shareholders and screwed the employees.

They didn’t.

Not good enough for you I guess.

Walmart hires people who could not work anywhere else. McDonalds feeds people nobody else will feed.

And yet, they are still not doing enough. It is very, very difficult to run a business that size and do the right thing, when Uncle Sam is basically compelling you to screw over everybody you care about.

22 posted on 01/11/2018 8:52:01 AM PST by RinaseaofDs

Paying their employees a livable wage in return for their labor would be nice, yes.

quote:

Better than a poke in the eye. This is a company with more than 2 million people. What should it do? Spend all its revenue just to appease your sensibilities about these things?

27 posted on 01/11/2018 9:12:04 AM PST by NohSpinZone (First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers)

quote:

Maybe you’d like it better in Cambodia where everyone gets a bowl of rice a day. That’s equitable.

29 posted on 01/11/2018 9:12:50 AM PST by Augie

And from here it just becomes one big slapfight.

quote:

ah...name call as opposed to defending your position. another a leftist tactic.

FreeRegards

- 30 -

56 posted on 01/11/2018 1:48:44 PM PST by stylin19a (Best.Election.of.All-Times.Ever.In.The.History.Of.Ever)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Walmart is abruptly closing several Sam's Club stores and laying off thousands [100+ stores?]

What one hand gives the other takes away.

quote:

To: GIdget2004

Instead, they learned that their store would be closing when they found the store's doors locked and a notice announcing the closure

That is really traumatic for many people. Not a decent thing to do.

2 posted on 01/11/2018 10:21:47 AM PST by montag813

Yeah, funny that...

quote:

Say What Now?

This just after WalMart announced they are increasing minimum wages (including Sams) to $11.00?

5 posted on 01/11/2018 10:24:05 AM PST by Responsibility2nd (R2: Proudly intruding since 1958)

quote:

To: montag813

“That is really traumatic for many people. Not a decent thing to do.”

Right. This morning’s press release about the increase in wages for employees didn’t mention that several thousand more were losing their jobs. That’s crappy.

7 posted on 01/11/2018 10:24:53 AM PST by GIdget2004

:thunk:

quote:

Maybe thats’s what enabled the pay raises touted in earlier headlines today.

9 posted on 01/11/2018 10:25:30 AM PST by Dr. Zzyzx

Ahahaha good one!

quote:

To: montag813

Leaving a big store open (x100) costs a LOT of money if they’re losing money. Doesn’t help when everyone working there is depressed & desperate upon hearing the news before it closes; also compels them to work when they’d really rather be looking for work. Shut the doors, give ‘em 2-4 weeks pay, don’t make ‘em slog thru the tragedy of closing.

10 posted on 01/11/2018 10:26:26 AM PST by ctdonath2 (It's not "white privilege", it's "Puritan work ethic". Behavior begets consequences.)

Freep, Freep never changes.

quote:

Wasn’t the Sam CEO the one who claimed she hated white males??

27 posted on 01/11/2018 10:38:37 AM PST by CodeToad (CWII is coming. Arm Up! They Are!)

quote:

Not surprising. Several years ago, Sam’s CEO, an African-American female, gave an interview where she PROUDLY proclaimed that she DELIBERATELY discriminates against better qualified white people and instead hires what she herself admitted were less qualified candidates. After reading that, we decided to drop our Sam’s membership, and haven’t missed it at all.

36 posted on 01/11/2018 10:52:37 AM PST by Kalamata (Meat hooks for Tyrants)

:capitalism:

quote:

To: shelterguy

That’s cold!..................

28 posted on 01/11/2018 10:40:43 AM PST by Red Badger (Road Rage lasts 5 minutes. Road Rash lasts 5 months!.....................)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

from a discussion about whether Walmart violated the WARN Act in closing the stores without notice.

quote:

To: sparklite2

Brak Ubama issued directives to ignore the Warn Act.
In essence, acting like a dictator to delete laws with the stroke of a pen without going through congress.

47 posted on 01/11/2018 11:09:49 AM PST by Darksheare (Those who support liberal "Republicans" summarily support every action by same.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Darksheare

In essence, acting like a dictator to delete laws with the stroke of a pen without going through congress.

But in the hands of Trump, it is magnificent. Thanks, Obama and Clinton, for closing one gap in the separation of powers. Now, we have to stop the Judicial branch from thinking they are Congress.

It’s like Parliamentary government, where elections have MAJOR consequences. The prime minister always comes from the majority party, so things can turn on a dime. Sometimes that’s a good thing, sometimes not. LOL

51 posted on 01/11/2018 11:37:09 AM PST by sparklite2 (See more at Sparklite Times)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

Thanks, Trump?

quote:

Capitalism at its finest, which means you have to be fleet of foot if you want to run with the pack. It's hard nosed reality, survival of the fittest. Walmart has Amazon breathing down its neck with automated merchandising/marketing being the new wave. While it is tough on the workers, they can thank the President for creating an economy where hopefully replacement jobs can be had much easier today.

58 posted on 01/11/2018 11:51:11 AM PST by iontheball

You can't trust them salaried workers, who knows what they'll do.

quote:

To: Darksheare

Many of these are right-to-work states, so no notice necessary. Besides, I bet they got a few weeks severance. Better, as others write, to be abrupt than have employees on site knowing their jobs are gone, working last days—why risk the results that might cause?

64 posted on 01/11/2018 12:38:25 PM PST by Reno89519 (PRESIDENT TRUMP, KEEP YOUR PROMISES! NO AMNESTY AND BUILD THAT WALL.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #79 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: Dr. Zzyzx

[Maybe thats’s what enabled the pay raises touted in earlier headlines today.]

Be careful!! There may be liberals lurking. They won’t be able to understand any possible connection.

80 posted on 01/11/2018 1:39:55 PM PST by SaveFerris (Luke 17:28 ... as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold ......)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Well....they could make all those stores into BIG TACO stands!!!

And hire DACCA folks!!

Yea!!!!

99 posted on 01/11/2018 2:06:16 PM PST by Osage Orange (Watch your six.)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Walmart increases minimum wage, hands out bonuses, crediting Trump

Let's find out what Freep thinks of a different kind of shithole.

I'm surprised they're bitching about this bastion of pure American capitalism

quote:

Capitalism at its finest, which means you have to be fleet of foot if you want to run with the pack. It's hard nosed reality, survival of the fittest. Walmart has Amazon breathing down its neck with automated merchandising/marketing being the new wave. While it is tough on the workers, they can thank the President for creating an economy where hopefully replacement jobs can be had much easier today.

58 posted on 01/11/2018 11:51:11 AM PST by iontheball

Yeah, gently caress all the people Walmart screws over, run with the pack bootstraps.
Obviously a freeper that doesn't understand how unemployment and economics work, but whatever

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You know what, I'll give them that places like Haiti and Africa are shithole countries- and that it's imperialism's fault that they are that way. Measures like DACA and accelerating immigration rates are the least more powerful nations could do.