Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Colonel posted:

i predict... that the seinen romance anime will play the romance straight

I mean, I'm perfectly fine with dropping it and forgetting about it if that's the case.

I'm just hoping it's just a bad impression from the summary, and it doesn't just end up being straight up creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roth posted:

I mean, I'm perfectly fine with dropping it and forgetting about it if that's the case.

I'm just hoping it's just a bad impression from the summary, and it doesn't just end up being straight up creepy.

that probably depends mostly on what you find to be creepy

I'm current on the manga scans and can provide spoilers for anyone who wants to know specific things

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

http://0x0.st/sNKW.webm

It's okay.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Space Flower posted:

little one inch

wtf please dont doxx me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it sounded to me like the manager doesn't take her crush seriously/reciprocate it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Ty all for posting about the anime. I had forgotten about this manga completely, and didn't know it got an anime!

I remember the manga being cute

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

it sounded to me like the manager doesn't take her crush seriously/reciprocate it

That was my impression til now too.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Everything Burrito posted:

that probably depends mostly on what you find to be creepy

I'm current on the manga scans and can provide spoilers for anyone who wants to know specific things

I'm mostly wondering if the manager eventually goew for it or not.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roth posted:

I'm mostly wondering if the manager eventually goew for it or not.

In what I've read he keeps her at arms length and is conflicted about how to handle her feelings. They go out a few times more as friends than anything romantic, but he also never completely rejects her.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Good enough for me, thanks!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Toji no Miko:

By 2030 all anime will be Symphogear.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

C.M. Kruger posted:

Toji no Miko:

Good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

C.M. Kruger posted:

Toji no Miko:

I only see a vague resemblance, though I certainly welcome the Symphocalypse

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

C.M. Kruger posted:

:bisonyes:

ed: more like Toji no Miku, am I right? :downsrim:

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 12, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Violet Evergarden seems neat, really curious how it's going to turn out. Do your best, sad former child soldier :( That other Auto Memory lady is v. pretty

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
How to Keep A Mummy is pretty cute

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i predict... that the seinen romance anime will play the romance straight

colonel you havent read the drat manga why are you doing this

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Fangz posted:

How to Keep A Mummy is pretty cute

:agreed: would extremely take care of a tiny ghost-monster thing

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Good pup too :3:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Marchen Madchen's OP is so cheap looking it's actually shocking.

Like. What the gently caress. It's not enough to just cut together a bunch of fanservice shots from the episode and call it a day, you actually *repeat* a few of the sequences because you can't fill 90 seconds?

This show is going be an absolute trainwreck, I am sure of it.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 12, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That usually happens when productions don't have openings done in time for the TV airing. It's the sign of a troubled production but it's not an immediate death flare or anything, and usually shows like that get a proper OP done by a few episodes in.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Magus Bride's OP is pretty bad too (and I'm told the new one is worse), and that production basically holds together just fine, FWIW

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Endorph posted:

That usually happens when productions don't have openings done in time for the TV airing. It's the sign of a troubled production but it's not an immediate death flare or anything, and usually shows like that get a proper OP done by a few episodes in.

Wouldn't they at least typically have footage from later in the series to cut from? Like, more interesting shots than 'hey look at this character looking into space'? Unless they only have the first episode done?

Also jeez their transformation sequence for each girl is exactly the same.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

didn't ping pong, noted incredibly good anime, have a stand-in op with repeating footage for the first episode

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

both magus bride OPs are lazy-rear end clipshows which seems really weird since that show was announced so far in advance i would've thought they had enough production time. the show proper certainly wasn't having any issues with loss of consistency anyway

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

didn't ping pong, noted incredibly good anime, have a stand-in op with repeating footage for the first episode

ping pong was a bit of a production shitshow, and yeah it had a stand-in op.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fangz posted:

Wouldn't they at least typically have footage from later in the series to cut from? Like, more interesting shots than 'hey look at this character looking into space'? Unless they only have the first episode done?

If they can't put together an OP, they probably don't have that much of a buffer to work from.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

ping pong was a bit of a production shitshow, and yeah it had a stand-in op.

that's very interesting, is there any information about this available/would anyone mind doing a write up about it here?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I seem to remember that Ping Pong's OP was held up because it was going to be done by basically one guy and he was doing crazy avant garde stuff, and couldn't finish in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9FvddtgpM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

They probably just stitched shots together from whatever they had done.

For another example of a stand-in OP, G-Reco had a stand-in OP because the director wanted the ED to be the OP and got shot down pretty late in the game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 4 JoJo's ED was incredibly unfinished and took like three episodes to get together, outside of the small changes they made to it to reflect the story

It is wild how boring the Magus Bride OP is tho

anime is hard!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I think you can think of various counterexamples but I am very unimpressed with MM, anyway.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

that's very interesting, is there any information about this available/would anyone mind doing a write up about it here?

i haven't been able to dig any details up, but i've seen no end of sakuga folks bringing it up when it comes to yuasa. iirc it was one of the first projects he started using flash for before starting Science Saru? so that could've been a factor.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Fangz posted:

Like. What the gently caress. It's not enough to just cut together a bunch of fanservice shots from the episode and call it a day, you actually *repeat* a few of the sequences because you can't fill 90 seconds?

Yea, the repeating of said scenes got me :raise: as well.

Additionally the storyboarding of the whole first episode was not very smooth. It's looking like this is just another cashout show.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Fangz posted:

I think you have way higher production standards for the ‘seikon no qwaser and other titty shows studio’ than they can match

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ironically seikon no qwasar was pretty smooth production wise

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fangz posted:

I think you can think of various counterexamples but I am very unimpressed with MM, anyway.

MM! was good and I'm sad the author died

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

i haven't been able to dig any details up, but i've seen no end of sakuga folks bringing it up when it comes to yuasa. iirc it was one of the first projects he started using flash for before starting Science Saru? so that could've been a factor.
For a while I actually thought it was kind of a "Shaft-lite" problem, where it was more of a time + occasional budget constraint.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Part 4 JoJo's ED was incredibly unfinished and took like three episodes to get together, outside of the small changes they made to it to reflect the story

It is wild how boring the Magus Bride OP is tho

anime is hard!

Honestly, you don't even have to go outside this season. The new Basilisk apparently looks incredibly unfinished. Which, given it's the first episode of an action series, is a really bad sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my favorite example of an unfinished op was when all the people who are super attentive to that stuff collectively went "oh, i guess yuri on ice's opening really was just unfinished for the first few episodes and that wasn't just a stylistic choice, huh"

• Locked thread