Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Firebatgyro posted:

Because its a 8 mana creature with no ETB effect

I meant for Limited. There’s enough “Reduce the cost of dinosaur” cards that it can be readily played and it’s unbeatable when it hits the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

GonSmithe posted:

I meant for Limited. There’s enough “Reduce the cost of dinosaur” cards that it can be readily played and it’s unbeatable when it hits the board.

I'm talking about limited, its an 8 drop with no ETB, blocks 1 creature, and doesn't have lifelink. Its a really good finisher but theres plenty of better limited cards in this format.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

GonSmithe posted:

The Akroma dinosaur is so incredibly dumb. Why did it need Indestructible?

So that even if they accidentally print a good piece of removal, you won't be able to bad little Timmy's feels, you heartless monster.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Firebatgyro posted:

The EV is atrocious even by MODO standards though

WotC providing a sense of pride and accomplishment for doing the pre-prerelease.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Archenteron posted:

Dear 42 lands swans guy

What the hell do you take OUT when sideboarding?

Love,

A fan

e: ahahahaha t1 molten vortex against affinity is :discourse:

Mostly lands. Sometimes serum visions.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Firebatgyro posted:

After playing a couple sealed leagues RIX seems decent so far. The EV is atrocious even by MODO standards though

By which you mean what, the cash / MODO funbux value of the cards in the packs you crack? I'm not good enough to get prizes reliably yet, so that's bad news for me. :geno:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wizards put a lot of research into finding a good price/prize payout structure on modo where nobody who plays is happy but they keep spending money

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Jedi425 posted:

By which you mean what, the cash / MODO funbux value of the cards in the packs you crack? I'm not good enough to get prizes reliably yet, so that's bad news for me. :geno:

Its 30$ to enter and if you 4-0 you get like 34$ in packs and there are like 5 cards worth more than a dollar. I've gone 10-2 and barely broke even, its like a gp

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
stop playing modo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

rabidsquid posted:

wizards put a lot of research into finding a good price/prize payout structure on modo where nobody who plays is happy but they keep spending money

Yeah it's pretty miserable when you can have a 70% match winrate and still lose playpoints.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Yeah it's pretty miserable when you can have a 70% match winrate and still lose playpoints.

In constructed you have positive EV even at 50%. Which, after reading, kinda makes me want to get back into Modern on MODO. And if you do sealed friendlies, even adding packs after every 3 matches, you are at positive EV at 55% (right now, due to pack costs). And you played magic for like 5-6 hours probably.

But yeah if you are competitively drafting you really want to be like 60%+

https://www.goatbots.com/ev_calculator

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Firebatgyro posted:

Its 30$ to enter and if you 4-0 you get like 34$ in packs and there are like 5 cards worth more than a dollar. I've gone 10-2 and barely broke even, its like a gp

Holy poo poo yeah, gently caress that. I'll stick to drafting once a week and slowly buying my mana base one drat card at a time.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

sit on my Facebook posted:

stop playing modo

Words to live by.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
What's the general trend for newly released cards on modo, do they go up or down in price. I've got a couple of cards worth something (like Azor's gateway) and not sure whether to offload them immediately or wait.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Stangg posted:

What's the general trend for newly released cards on modo, do they go up or down in price. I've got a couple of cards worth something (like Azor's gateway) and not sure whether to offload them immediately or wait.

It goes down unless it's in whatever the deck-of-the-week is today.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Stangg posted:

Typically, the first day or two of a pre-release on mtgo are a bonanza where it’s really easy to chain some events together with some luck. After that, it’s miserable. This time, they skipped the bonanza phase.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Sickening posted:

Runed Halo is a 50 dollar card:

Sell Sell Sell Sell!

and I thought selling my 3 when they were just over 40 was the peak.

mtgfinance is weird

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheTofuShop posted:

mtgfinance is weird

Gotta pay extra so some grogs don't have to be homeless.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

GonSmithe posted:

Wizards please add errata that says "if your deck started with fewer than 60 cards this loses indestructible"

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

TheTofuShop posted:

mtgfinance is weird

I sold mine a few weeks ago and missed out on this insane spike, still happy to get a little over 20 for something I would never use.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

TwistedNails posted:

I sold mine a few weeks ago and missed out on this insane spike, still happy to get a little over 20 for something I would never use.

But why is it spiking?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Errant Gin Monks posted:

But why is it spiking?

Jeskai Control won a Modern Open, and played some in the sideboard.

Clearly this means

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Niton posted:

Jeskai Control won a Modern Open, and played some in the sideboard.

Clearly this means

Oh did they have it? I turned off the finals when I saw a jeskai control mirror was the matchup.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Oh did they have it? I turned off the finals when I saw a jeskai control mirror was the matchup.

We talked about it for nearly a page. :iiam:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

now we just need to figure out which matchups runed halo is actually better than leyline of sanctity against

I'll start: bogles

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Elyv posted:

now we just need to figure out which matchups runed halo is actually better than leyline of sanctity against

I'll start: bogles

I cut runed halo and run Worship instead. I have no regrets.

Edit: In spirits.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Uhhhhh infect? Not that it's good against infect but it's better than leyline

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The judge the culture war screfly CHUD unsleeved guys found after doxxing the whole program is now both de-certified and indefinitely suspended. They found a couple more Wizards claims were already dealth with.

http://company.wizards.com/article/news/making-magic-spaces-safer

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Doxxing....good???

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The judge the culture war screfly CHUD unsleeved guys found after doxxing the whole program is now both de-certified and indefinitely suspended. They found a couple more Wizards claims were already dealth with.

http://company.wizards.com/article/news/making-magic-spaces-safer

Its a little downplayed on how many was missed but whatever, they finally did what they should have. They have definitely made a public stance that if you are sex offender you are out of magic and that is going in the right direction.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Let me guess: after his “why does WOTC let these guys keep playing but ban me?” Attempt he’s going for the “I helped WOTC so let me back in” angle? I’d look through his twitter but most of it was inane rambling last time

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Chill la Chill posted:

Let me guess: after his “why does WOTC let these guys keep playing but ban me?” Attempt he’s going for the “I helped WOTC so let me back in” angle? I’d look through his twitter but most of it was inane rambling last time

Yeah 100% this isn't going to be the end of it. They're going to find some other bad-faith angle to run with like scissors, until he fades away. "Wizard Poker Right Wing Culture Warrior" is his brand and he's doubling down.

Maybe some insincere concern about labor conditions at the Magic Card Plant this time, IDK.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Its pretty obvious that because he is a gigantic manbaby, he was attempting to do whatever he could to smear both WOTC and the judge program. He had some very vocal supporters from both groups that lead to his ban. He wanted to show that they were all hypocrites. Unfortunately he was right and it was much easier than it should have been. Yes, the judge program has some big issues with transparency and consistency. Yes, WOTC has issues being a professional organization with its actions and policies. Yes the fucker should have still been banned.

The announcement today shows that the previous announcement just this week was partially wrong. They have not been banning these sexual offended as they have become known because hey, that would have been embarrassing and its better to keep it quiet right? Yes, they have quietly "fixed" the ban lists to show the players exposed by this nonsense but then refused to admit they were all missed.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I saw fuckface unsleeved media on twitch last night. Didn't click his stream but he had like 150 viewers. gently caress that guy.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

https://twitter.com/unsleevedmedia/status/949895951103217664

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo-for-brains can't comprehend what a "lifetime" ban is.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I’d like to say it’s easy for me to ignore this poo poo but it’s cropped up before and will likely crop up again in my board game groups (because MTG is still a tabletop game). :argh:

ffuuuuuu that was fast. Enjoy your Friday guys

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

I’d like to say it’s easy for me to ignore this poo poo but it’s cropped up before and will likely crop up again in my board game groups (because MTG is still a tabletop game). :argh:

ffuuuuuu that was fast. Enjoy your Friday guys

Today's a good day.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I don't understand the Unsleeved Media issue. Is it one of those things that is so stupid that my adult brain can't comprehend it? Like Gamergate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

The Human Crouton posted:

I don't understand the Unsleeved Media issue. Is it one of those things that is so stupid that my adult brain can't comprehend it? Like Gamergate?

Stupider.

And I'll admit I've done my best to remain ignorant of the attention whoring man child but you people make it so hard.