Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

SuperKlaus posted:

Hey is this the place to ask for info on getting involved in the 2018 campaign against Jeff Denham (CA-10)? Way back I signed up for newsletters from a group called Swing Left and they feel like they've just devolved into another fundraising email generator but I definitely noticed when they said his district looked target-able for 2018. Yet as 2018 actually arrives I realize I'm a disconnected dumbass and I'm not even sure who if anyone is setting up to take a shot at his seat. I'd like to stop being a disconnected dumbass.

Ballotpedia says this guy has the most cash on hand by a wide margin. I don't know a thing about him, other than he looks like he's fifteen years old.

https://www.harderforcongress.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

coronaball posted:

Ballotpedia says this guy has the most cash on hand by a wide margin. I don't know a thing about him, other than he looks like he's fifteen years old.

He's a guy that grew up in Modesto before becoming a Silicon Valley venture capitalist. He's got a lot of money because he can hit up his former coworker millionaires.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Assemblyman Choi posted today about voting against the rent control bill in committee on his facebook. I was following the post and got a notification that he commented on it.

He posted a gif of two shirtless dudes making out. The whole post has been deleted, but i managed to grab a screenshot.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Woops!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Was this the guy who dressed up as tigger for Halloween or am I thinking of another weirdo asian politician?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I mean, he can do whatever he wants in his own time. Just don't be loving us on the taxpayers' time.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Everyone please: do not vote for villaraigosa under any circumstances.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

FCKGW posted:

Go to any lovely trailer park and there will be a bunch roaming around for no reason.

I too call Castle Park "Trailer Park."

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Zuul the Cat posted:

Assemblyman Choi posted today about voting against the rent control bill in committee on his facebook. I was following the post and got a notification that he commented on it.

He posted a gif of two shirtless dudes making out. The whole post has been deleted, but i managed to grab a screenshot.

llooolll dude is a big ‘traditional values’ type too.

coronaball posted:

I was expecting to be all ‘uggh well at least he’s marginally better than a republican’, but he seems...good? If this is how bold even technocrat centrists in competitive districts feel, i’m (very) cautiously optimistic.

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Delaine Eastin is a bloodless shameless party hack and I'm astonished to be reading her name in any context because there's no way she can be serious.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

:angel:

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 20, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol https://newcaliforniastate.com/

I think my favorite part is including Contra Costa county.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

CCC would be their entire economic base.

edit: Wait, they claim Orange and SD counties also? That is weird. I thought this was a hillbilly thing.

withak fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 16, 2018

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol @ splitting off Orange County.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The maps on that site are really bad at conveying which parts are in the new state! Also, the State of Jefferson people will be pissed.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

withak posted:

edit: Wait, they claim Orange and SD counties also? That is weird. I thought this was a hillbilly thing.

They want the military bases.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

withak posted:

Enough to have an economy but not enough to have a chance at non-Republican representatives and senators? It's always fun to see how persecuted conservatives in this state feel when Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan all exist and are gerrymandered to hell and back so that a minority of the population who pays a minority in taxes gets to control everything. If the blue areas of those states can split then maybe I could entertaining some sane separation (North/South along some line), but otherwise go gently caress yourselves, feel free to move to Idaho or Utah if you want to live a subsidized life at the expense of the liberal/minority areas of the country while getting state-level control.

The biggest problem with any proposal for a split is sorting out water rights and ensuring that the new state isn't just using it's newfound independence to grift via the federal government and will actually uphold it's agreements rather than using a conservative SCOTUS/President to ignore them when it benefits them. Sorry, your national party has doomed the state party to irrelevance, that doesn't mean you get to make a new state so you have control of things.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Pervis posted:

The biggest problem with any proposal for a split is sorting out water rights
Time to start prepping for the water wars of 2030. Gotta make sure they don't go all scorched Earth on us an blow up the dams.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Also there's so much poo poo that crosses the county line at Coyote Creek than trying to separate LA and OC as separate states would be a logistical nightmare. Not to mention that North OC (The good parts) have a lot more in common with LA than the goddamn south county HENRYs that most people think of when they think of Orange County.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pervis posted:

The biggest problem with any proposal for a split is sorting out water rights

This actually explains why they claim Contra Costa County. Clifton Court Forebay (the intake for the California Aqueduct) is located there.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Always funny to see a state government which is asking for personal donations from supporters.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

They gave themselves all of the water lmao

These inland conservative dorks and their water rights are precious.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Inland Empire (San Bernardino/Riverside county) went blue in the last 3 elections, we don't want to be part of your hick town.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well, I'm sure this will totally hold up and become reality and isn't basically the state map equivalent of Time Cube

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'd be OK if the parts of the IE where people actually lived broke off and formed their own county.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FCKGW posted:

I'd be OK if the parts of the IE where people actually lived broke off and formed their own county.

Why would you wish that squalor on anyone?

revolther
May 27, 2008
It's hilarious that just shouting taxes is enough to fool anybody into supporting these flagrant attempted power grabs by old irrelevant money.

Your New California district will be run by the biggest car dealership that exists there today. John L. Sullivan's Chevrolet and Bakersfield, smaller government run by me and my dog spot!

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

quote:

It's hilarious that just shouting taxes is enough to fool anybody into supporting these flagrant attempted power grabs by old irrelevant money.

It's been working pretty well to get people to vote like loving idiots since at least 1978, so hey, why stop now? :v:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

withak posted:

This actually explains why they claim Contra Costa County. Clifton Court Forebay (the intake for the California Aqueduct) is located there.

Or maybe they're hoping to get sweet sweet Chevron money so that the Richmond refinery can leave CARB/BAAQMD regulation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FCKGW posted:

Inland Empire (San Bernardino/Riverside county) went blue in the last 3 elections, we don't want to be part of your hick town.

San Diego too.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

withak posted:

Non-coastal SD is straight up hillbilly country. My neighbors like to shoot their guns in their yard and tear around on dirt bikes day and night. Lots of vocal Trump support out here. The city itself is the only thing that saves us, as many of the coastal suburbs are FYGM conservatives that sometimes vote liberal because they like weed and are okay with some gays. The county is 2(R) 3(D) in the US House, 4(R) 3(D) in the state assembly, and 2(R) 2(D) in the state senate.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Anywhere in OC that's by a toll road is full of Howard Jarvis FYGM conservatives. But they're rapidly shrinking in influence here, like how OC went for Hillary last election.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Join up with our new county then. The middle class is moving east at a rapid clip, we should all band together.

Question is do we take Victorville in too?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

FCKGW posted:

Question is do we take Victorville in too?

Only if they agree to remove the stop lights on 395. That stretch through Victorville and Adelanto is unbearable.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

FCKGW posted:

Fuckers are always dragging SB into their boonie CA states.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Lycus posted:

Fuckers are always dragging SB into their boonie CA states.

They always whine about the city.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Here's USA Today's map. It has...a problem.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Wait why is Santa Clara County in Conservafornia?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The Thomas Fire did more damage to Ventura County than I thought!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Instant Sunrise posted:

Wait why is Santa Clara County in Conservafornia?

Gotta include somewhere that will generate actual revenue, I guess?