Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
How's Kiri on Channel 4? I saw a lot of ads for it.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Red Oktober posted:

I’m skipping Hard Sun, I think, but giving McMafia a try instead. Feels a bit Night Manager so far, but we’ll see.
I'm struggling with McMafia and I'm not sure I'll make it to the end of episode two. It's all just a bit dull.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm struggling with McMafia and I'm not sure I'll make it to the end of episode two. It's all just a bit dull.

Episode two had me from the moment we met the girl at the airport. thats just so utterly horrifying, and by the time she gets the situation it’s far, far too late.

Edit. loving hell Inside No 9. That knocked me for six, I’m pretty good with the expected twist... usually.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just saw the rankings for the most watched programmes of 2017:

1. Blue Planet II
2. Strictly
3. I'm a Celebrity
4. One Love Manchester
5. Broadchurch
6. BGT
7. Sherlock
8. Call the Midwife
9. NYE fireworks
10. The Moorside

Viewing figures in the link.

Honestly not sure what Moorside is though I know all the other ones.

I work for Sky so my peer group might be a bit different but I'm surprised to see Blue Planet up there. I'm the only one I know who watched it, including parents and huge volumes of customers I speak to. I'm glad it's there!
At least with Strictly it's something customers mention all the time.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

goatface posted:

What is it five years until?

You're gonna laugh.

Apparently it's a blackhole eating the sun. But like, slowly?

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Gorn Myson posted:

I haven't seen it yet, but the comments about Hard Sun don't seem surprising. It was created and written by Neil Cross, the man behind Luther, so its sounds like it follows in the same style of "this is a bit silly but its a lot of fun so don't worry about the details".

I wish he'd been made the new showrunner for Doctor Who as was rumoured a while ago. As ridiculous as Luther can be sometimes, it's never been as bad as a woman in a tinfoil bikini and silver heels being covered in barbecue sauce and eaten by a pterodactyl.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I watched The End Of The F***ing World last night on Netflix and it was real good although Super Hans as a policeman was a bit jarring.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

sebzilla posted:

I watched The End Of The F***ing World last night on Netflix and it was real good although Super Hans as a policeman was a bit jarring.

Yeah I never heard about this when it came out, but watched it on Netflix and really liked it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Is it weird I first saw him in serious roles?

He did this amazing Australian show called Spirited where he plays an undead rockstar, and despite what you'd think it's actually a really serious show. (And, like I said, very good.)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I want to watch The Professionals but the dvds are pretty expensive. Is the series on streaming anywhere?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I want to watch The Professionals but the dvds are pretty expensive. Is the series on streaming anywhere?
Everybody should know about the justwatch.com website.

Which tells me that it's currently available for free on ITV Hub, presumably because it's currently being repeated on the TV. S1E4 to S2E13 are up right now; early episodes are falling off daily but new ones added. You need to watch S1E4 or it will be gone....

It's not streaming anywhere else except :files:.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Pablo Bluth posted:

Everybody should know about the justwatch.com website.

Which tells me that it's currently available for free on ITV Hub, presumably because it's currently being repeated on the TV. S1E4 to S2E13 are up right now; early episodes are falling off daily but new ones added. You need to watch S1E4 or it will be gone....

It's not streaming anywhere else except :files:.

Thanks that’s a great site.

I swear there used to be a similar site for TV shows. You just entered a show or movie and it told you when it was next showing. It was useful, as most EPGs only cover up to two weeks.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat is good and does both sides of the Atlantic

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Some good links on this page. This thread is so soothing.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kiri is good and I’m placing a bet that the whites families son killed her

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Still interested in Hard Sun, but think big time skips between episodes might have been an interesting option.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Looke posted:

Kiri is good and I’m placing a bet that the whites families son killed her

Definitely. Turning up at the search at just the right time...

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I saw that Please Like Me has finally turned up on Netflix, after being lost in the Australian wilderness (and Amazon Prime) for a few years. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it, it is an extremely good comedy that is also occasionally moving and sad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A nation divided:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Wheat Loaf posted:

A nation divided:

Sounds like people who like Mrs Brown's Boys also don't enjoy thinking.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Wheat Loaf posted:

A nation divided:

So what you're saying is that everyone that likes Mrs Browns Boys should be euthanized for their own good?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Angrymog posted:

Still interested in Hard Sun, but think big time skips between episodes might have been an interesting option.

Aye, good idea, if it's 5 years away, you do 6 episodes, 1 on day 1, then move forward a year each time to year 5. Then it's a full BBC-season.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It looked to me from the preview that there was a significant jump in time to the second episode.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Derry Girls ep2 failed to improve on the first. I'll give the third a go but if there's not a big improvement I think I'll cancel the series link.

Big cats was visually stunning although it felt like a bit of a montage of short clips as it jumped between species.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Taear posted:

Sounds like people who like Mrs Brown's Boys also don't enjoy thinking.

Personally I like using my brain. It gives me a buzz.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Wheat Loaf posted:

A nation divided:

I dislike Mrs Brown's Boys, but also hate most of those shows. I might watch early episodes of Peep Show and Benidorm I suppose. Oh god, I'm having an identity crisis! What class am I?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Pissflaps posted:

It looked to me from the preview that there was a significant jump in time to the second episode.

Four months. Then the remaining episodes are all in quick succession. The writer has 5 series planned (which I didn't know when I made my original post) , so if they get commissioned, maybe they'll be a one a year thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That sounds like a Lost waiting to happen.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
5 series sounds a lot.

This got me thinking about Survivors, which also had Nikki Amuka-Bird in it. That was quite good then they just stopped making it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

SEX BURRITO posted:

I dislike Mrs Brown's Boys, but also hate most of those shows. I might watch early episodes of Peep Show and Benidorm I suppose. Oh god, I'm having an identity crisis! What class am I?

Actually, peep show is the finest sitcom ever made

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Hard Sun will probably be cancelled after a dreadful second series

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't seen Derry Girls other than the trailer but the bit in that where they're debating whether the rifles in a mural are meant to be gold clubs or spatulas was very funny to me.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Man, INSIDE NO. 9 got me. No idea that the song at the end was an original one. Just assumed it was an old standard.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

Man, INSIDE NO. 9 got me. No idea that the song at the end was an original one. Just assumed it was an old standard.

Yeah, I finally saw the latest Inside no.9

God drat

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah but definitely similar in tone to Morcambe and Wise’s ‘Bring me Sunshine’.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
For anyone who wants to catch up on old episodes, iPlayer are losing the older series of INSIDE NO 9 tomorrow. No idea why they always insist on ditching old programming but there we go.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

DrVenkman posted:

For anyone who wants to catch up on old episodes, iPlayer are losing the older series of INSIDE NO 9 tomorrow. No idea why they always insist on ditching old programming but there we go.

Oh, good shout. I’ll grab Quiet Night In to watch again tomorrow.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Probably to boost DVD sales.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I think they're on Netflix at the moment as well

edit: first two series are on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The BBC should just chuck their entire archive up online. Radio stuff too. Theres loads of radio shows that I, uh, "obtained", throughout the years which I have now lost, and I can never find them again unless they decide to repeat it and put it up online.