Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What, you don't want wings of sacred dawn as a choice every week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

10 Beers posted:

expelled tics
quoting for posterity

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Fifty Three posted:

quoting for posterity

Edited...but, Dammit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol let’s defend bungies inventory management and interface design,lets loving do it boys

Reasons it's good that I have like five quests blocking up my weapon slots:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

What am I missing? I'm retarded

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cvnvcnv posted:

You can cancel Acrius quest. Benedict Bot just holds onto it for ya.

What am I missing? I'm retarded

I have Rat King, Sturm, and a couple others floating around too because I'm lazy. I didn't know that about Acrius though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rat king and wait for the raid pop up as you go about the world hough so even if you drop them they just come straight back

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ok fine whatever my point is if I actually want to do them all then I get to hold six primary weapons instead of nine and when it's barfing blues at me that's sort of a pain if I want to actually play around with my purps. Meanwhile there was just a menu for quests in Destiny 1. "Constantly throw the quests in the trash until you want to do it" isn't a great solution to that!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can only assume that when they deleted the old bounty code it broke the quest system and screen and then someone decided to rip all that out too rather than fix it. Add it to the list of stuff they had finally gotten working in D1 and then threw out for a ground-up redesign for no reason, I guess.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The Acrius quest keeps dropping if you haven't gotten past the On the comms-part

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

Add it to the list of stuff they had finally gotten working in D1 and then threw out for a ground-up redesign for no reason, I guess.
Again i'm just pulling raw conjecture out of my rear end, but I suspect that they started D2 with the intent of reworking everything from the ground up. Intending to have a nice, clean engine and toolset instead of the cobbled-together mess they ended up with by the end of Y3. Then the mid development reboot happened and they had to cobble together something to get it out the door, which is why it's missing so many of D1's features.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Their working pipeline is probably more like this:

- People working on Destiny 3
- People working on DLC4
- People working on DLC3
- People working on Eververse
- 1 guy for live maintenance, this guy take frequent days of.

If you zoom on one of these pipelines:

- People working on DLC4:
* Some unfinished ideas, some cool, some fun
* Some cool maps, some dumb, some cool
* A large backlog of changes to merge with the DLC4 version, growing each day
* Weapons that only have art, not stats or code attached

Then they do poo poo like take some from "the future" and adding to the present. Like how IO was supposed to be a Mars area, but have ended has a new planet in the released version. Maybe the playable part of IO was part of DLC#2, but they took it to make the release version look bigger.

Then you have the tools that are horrible and need a lot of massaging and secret chanting to convince to the the right thing.

I still like what Bungie create, I will probably buy DLC#3 whatever it ends including.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I miss the sprawling military installations of Mars Cabal.

come to think of it... literally ever planet from D1 is cooler than the current crop except for, maybe, Titan, which is so small and underdeveloped that you don't really get to experience it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bungie already hosed you, you don't have to keep defending them on the internet

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

come to think of it... literally ever planet from D1 is cooler than the current crop except for, maybe, Titan, which is so small and underdeveloped that you don't really get to experience it.
They should make a bunch of the Arcology stuff into a patrol area, there's enough of it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol at thinking the quest doesn't come back

https://i.imgur.com/5VhgzyR.gifv

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Roman posted:

They should make a bunch of the Arcology stuff into a patrol area, there's enough of it

The massive pile-up of ships getting endlessly hammered by the tide would be great to use, too. It's a pity that the bobbing ground effect is onlytured in the first two minutes of the intro stage.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Tei posted:

Then you have the tools that are horrible and need a lot of massaging and secret chanting to convince to the the right thing.

That is 40k as gently caress

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Father Wendigo posted:

The massive pile-up of ships getting endlessly hammered by the tide would be great to use, too. It's a pity that the bobbing ground effect is onlytured in the first two minutes of the intro stage.

There would probably be issues if there was anything other than static scenery and the first-person camera on that ground, Naughty Dog had to do a ton of work for playable dynamic environments in the Uncharted games. Wonder if you'd see any weirdness in co-op.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FGgwCQ22w&t=132s

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mango Polo posted:

the salt must flow

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Chilichimp posted:

I miss the sprawling military installations of Mars Cabal.

I'm surprised they haven't tacked-on more D1 content to DLC to pad it out and make it feel more worthwhile. CoO would have been a great excuse to bring back Venus and all the Venus PvP maps, for example, and if the next DLC focuses on Rasputin why not bring back the Cosmodrome and PvP maps from that location as well? Seems like an effortless way to really boost the content in the game, especially if they're already recycling old exotics anyways, why not bring more old content back as well?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

There would probably be issues if there was anything other than static scenery and the first-person camera on that ground, Naughty Dog had to do a ton of work for playable dynamic environments in the Uncharted games. Wonder if you'd see any weirdness in co-op.

And work.. as D2 illustrates is not what Bungie is here to do.

Also again i ask how many new exotics were in CoO. And i mean weapons or armor that werent rehashes. 5? 6? Looootta effort there.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Best thing they can do at this point is save most of the changes to drop along side Expansion 2 and recognize that they're going to be getting it from the back for the next few months.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SUNKOS posted:

I'm surprised they haven't tacked-on more D1 content to DLC to pad it out and make it feel more worthwhile. CoO would have been a great excuse to bring back Venus and all the Venus PvP maps, for example, and if the next DLC focuses on Rasputin why not bring back the Cosmodrome and PvP maps from that location as well? Seems like an effortless way to really boost the content in the game, especially if they're already recycling old exotics anyways, why not bring more old content back as well?

I'm shocked they didn't use that infinite forest as an in-game excuse to re-use D1 content.

"Guardian! We need to defeat SIVA Rasputin, so we should use the infinite forest to re-create Sepiks Prime and get more data on SIVA!" this poo poo writes itself

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Policenaut posted:

I'm shocked they didn't use that infinite forest.

I fixed it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I’m shocked, just shocked that they didn’t make better PvE content and just pumped microtransactions at everyone!!!!!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'm shocked they didn't use that infinite forest as an in-game excuse to re-use D1 content.

"Guardian! We need to defeat SIVA Rasputin, so we should use the infinite forest to re-create Sepiks Prime and get more data on SIVA!" this poo poo writes itself

They'd have to integrate that into the D2 content pipeline, redo the majority of the art assets including the terrain geometry, and then actually design new content + script it. And if scripting is like D1, I pity the content team for having to deal with these tools.

I doubt Bungie's art team would accept straight porting things over anyway.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I’m shocked, just shocked that they didn’t make better PvE content and just pumped microtransactions at everyone!!!!!

i was gunna say cant they just copy and paste over some stages but then i realized in destiny 1 it took like 9 hours to move a bush so we'd probably be waiting for the heat death of the universe just to port in that first rise of iron stage

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Xur is selling The Colony

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Policenaut posted:

Bungie mentioned in their nonapology yesterday that they were genuinely shocked by the poor CoO reception and dlc 2 is delayed so that they can incorporate the feedback. This wasn't laziness or rushed timelines, they just had no clue what makes for worthwhile content and they already planned to give you an identical second helping.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Roman posted:

Xur is selling The Colony

They take away Mayhem, but give everyone The Colony.

Fair.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I’m the Live Maintenance guy who works from Starbucks every Wednesday.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Only on Wednesday?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Well, let’s be fair, a considerable portion of my week is spent capping B, and moonlighting in the bitcoin industry as a forum partisan. I;m always thinkin bout thos BTCs

Edit: On a serious note, I’m surprised by how often I hear complaints about, “the one guy who works from Starbucks all the time” from my friends in the software industry. This jokepost was based on an actual character

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao if you can’t go work from a coffee shop that is much more artisanal and curated than a freaking Starbucks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Get in a wework, then you have office and coffee and socializing and entertainment and friends all in the same building like a weird post-capitalist commune

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's nothing sadder than job interviews at Starbucks