Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Orgeron you dumb loving coon-rear end!

Knew exactly what you meant before I confirmed it.

A comfortable 8-9 win season ahead boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He did genuinely improve the offense a lot when he took over in 16 but that's still such a lazy hire. Which is fitting since still was Ogeron himself. They now have a head coach and OC that no school who is even close to the same stature would have considered hiring.

At least Aranda is good

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Alex Grinch to Ohio State which I guess means we have someone to replace Schiano as playcaller next year and should hopefully have some better safety/coverage LB play. Especially since we’ve got Malik’s little brother coming in this year and I would love to have another terrifying center fielder out of it.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It wouldn't be a huge surprise if Schiano goes to the Patriots.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has Canada found a new job yet? He seems like good coach that just didn't fit in at LSU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Duckaerobics posted:

Has Canada found a new job yet? He seems like good coach that just didn't fit in at LSU.

No. He's a really good coach but supposedly he's a huge rear end in a top hat and hard to work with.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MourningView posted:

He did genuinely improve the offense a lot when he took over in 16 but that's still such a lazy hire. Which is fitting since still was Ogeron himself. They now have a head coach and OC that no school who is even close to the same stature would have considered hiring.

At least Aranda is good

Hoping that's LSU Head Coach Aranda soon.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Apparently Baylor HC Matt Rhule interviewed for the Indy job earlier this week. We might not be close to done spinning.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

At least Aranda is good

The offense improved but the changes were relatively minor and were things like occasionally using a tight end in the passing game and not doing the toss dive anymore. He also had Fournette and Guice and a seasoned o-line, which isn’t going to the case this year.

And, of course, that offense still got blanked by Bama and couldn’t score more than 10 on Florida. It does not bode well.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kayakyakr posted:

Apparently Baylor HC Matt Rhule interviewed for the Indy job earlier this week. We might not be close to done spinning.

except no one with any sense is gonna want the Baylor job

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DC Murderverse posted:

They got Matt Rhule

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

Freeze needs a job

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

vyst posted:

Freeze needs a job

The Baptists would never cotton to that level of sleaziness! Prostitutes indeed!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

Of course someone will, Baylor has papered over the entire place.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
In retrospect, Herm would've been the perfect guy for Baylor. After Rhule's season I can't imagine any other young coach with a future would want that job.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/951472919594627072

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

To be fair Seider did dome work with TE's at WVU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Is Ron English bad?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also the TE coach doesn't really need to do anything except recruit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

an adult beverage posted:

Is Ron English bad?

He was a bad head coach and coordinator but he's a good position coach

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

an adult beverage posted:

Is Ron English bad?

No

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Brian Johnson was a bad OC and didn't do much with our quarterbacks, but he also coached Dak so who knows

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

skaboomizzy posted:

In retrospect, Herm would've been the perfect guy for Baylor. After Rhule's season I can't imagine any other young coach with a future would want that job.

I don't think there's much shame in the season Rhule had, as depleted as the roster was. As is, he put together a large, miraculously not terrible recruiting class last year and currently has a top 30-ish class for this year, plus a very promising sophomore QB. There's plenty to work with, this isn't post-Weis Kansas.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

curried lamb of God posted:

Brian Johnson was a bad OC and didn't do much with our quarterbacks, but he also coached Dak so who knows

Doesn't matter, Mullen QB's don't throw the ball anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think Johnson is fine as a QB coach and he got that OC job at Utah way too early. Mullen is pretty heavily involved with QBs and play calling anyway

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Marcus Lattimore is joining the South Carolina football program as Director of Player Development.

Dude is one of the best people to ever play the game, and also one of the best players I ever got to see play. Glad he's back in Columbia one way or another.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I'd assume TEs would split time between the O-line coach and the WR coach depending on the package and play being installed and practiced

E: yeah so a recruitment thing

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

wandler20 posted:

Doesn't matter, Mullen QB's don't throw the ball anyway.

Yes they do :confused:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ghansen711/status/951619002555555841

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Can't find if he asked Yates for a minute of time or if he just YOLOd it.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

You gotta pull a Pelini and hold a secret meeting with the players if you want them to get on your side and hate the administration.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

wa27 posted:

You gotta pull a Pelini and hold a secret meeting with the players if you want them to get on your side and hate the administration.

And then they're so on your side they record said secret meeting and leak it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/MichaelJLev/status/951848606495072256

Hell loving yes let's go

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
YES

DO IT

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

there are not enough Triple Option v Mike Leach games, this is a good solution to that problem

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Arizona fans are apparently very mad because they're dumb.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This would be really cool, I already love watching Navy.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Who is it that they want? I listened to a podcast that seemed to think Sumlin was okay and that if it was Les it woudl be fine but it was also recorded 24 hours after the firing and those were the only names out besides Butch Jones who they dismissed as a possibility due to his friendship with Richrod. They've only talked about basketball since and haven't mentioned the other candidates who have emerged.

Rick fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 12, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hell yeah triple option owns

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/951888423920553989

So much for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

He is a good coach, but if he installs the triple option I can see being disappointed because that is basically admitting you are fine with occasionally getting a shot at a conference title and nothing more.

• Locked thread