Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There’s some pretty good shirts in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can't get enough of these loving posters.

I love old movie posters and if the company that makes the movie posters at work replaced their entire stock with these made up ones I would buy all of them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

that's a bummer

It's a sad state of affairs when your bootleg turns out to be faked.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The longer you look, the funnier it gets.

https://twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/945316599866605568

Full image

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They must be self-aware at this point.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
O
H
O
N

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

they've got some cool stuff

http://topztoy.storenvy.com/

I'd like to make some bootlegs sometime when I need yet another hobby

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

New Year's is coming up so I'd like to post a bunch of pictures of fireworks packaging but that might as well be its own thread because 100% of fireworks have bootlegged art of licensed characters and logos and poo poo. It's pretty amazing.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You can post them here. There's nothing that says authenticity or quality than Shrek 2 teaser trailer art on firecrackers made in 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Jan 1, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

So his original eyes transform into huge nipples?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

"Everyone run withit" sums these products up so well.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Clearly this is a knock-off of Frozen's "Let It Grow"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what people are missing about this is that his robot head is a tiny version of the front of his car form

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so for the office secret satan i asked for "star wars toy or whatever" because i couldn't think of anything. instead i was gifted with this thing descended from heaven

You're an adult with an office job and you asked for children's toys. You get what you deserve.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ferrule posted:

You're an adult with an office job and you asked for children's toys. You get what you deserve.

They deserve something awesome? Did this sound like a great own in your head? They clearly love it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

face your tiny morbidly obese eyes on this majestic thing with a massive red wang and a missing frontal cloth, weep your tears of sodium waste and let them drip into your gaping void you call a mouth, allow the salt to render your thirsty tongue feelers to dry up into a dry husk of bitterness, croak out a pithy wisp of your voice "adults cannot have toys" and then, just die.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ferrule posted:

He got something he likes. Boy howdy, you sure showed him.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

face your tiny morbidly obese eyes on this majestic thing with a massive red wang and a missing frontal cloth, weep your tears of sodium waste and let them drip into your gaping void you call a mouth, allow the salt to render your thirsty tongue feelers to dry up into a dry husk of bitterness, croak out a pithy wisp of your voice "adults cannot have toys" and then, just die.

Oh man is that cape made outa tissue paper?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tardcore posted:

Oh man is that cape made outa tissue paper?

yes. in fact the holes on it were wrong and i had to tear it to fit it in.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

yes. in fact the holes on it were wrong and i had to tear it to fit it in.

loving beautiful

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
The air bubbles in the lightsaber are a nice touch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm not Brian loving Peppers you know.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted some lovely cheap Batman Lego knockoffs in my local post office. Weirdly enough they didn't just squeeze out a few extra runs from the Lego molds and slap a new logo on the box, the vehicles are fairly similar but noticeably different. (I'll post the genuine articles for comparison.)

Apologies for the lovely qualities of my photos

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
It looks like they just built them slightly wrong, then took new pics for the box.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They likely don't have reliable molds for the more specialized pieces and replaced them with more generic ones, or pieces that wouldn't hold together in the garbage plastic they make them in.

Like not hold together not in the typical way knockoff legos disintegrate, but not be able to get them out of the mold without breaking lovely, like the bat wings and such.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I like how they use man-bat as a way to avoid infringement, but the trademarked villain man-bat is actually present in the second model

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Looking closely at the first set it looks completely different to the official set and they just used generic Lego pieces to make something that looked as close as possible. Compare the two versions of the LexCorp helicopter, the differences are really obvious there. The pieces used to make the Batwing are also all different.

On the second set there's a few pieces that look like they're duplicated from the official set (the batcopter's blades and maybe the rear landing wheel structure, the wingtips on Nightwing's jetpack, the dynamite sticks that Man-Bat is throwing) but most of the rest looks different.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I like how they use man-bat as a way to avoid infringement, but the trademarked villain man-bat is actually present in the second model
I'm very keen to know what they called him on the package.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm very keen to know what they called him on the package.

Batman, obviously.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I like how they both say "COMING IN 2017", even though... you know, they're already there :confused:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Truly it is The Saddest Kylo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/952270168364863488
:same:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I would rock that for real without a hint of shame tbh.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That clearly says qppearance

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/952773515249356800

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
With finger blades!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Perfect for my Sharp Hand Joe costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I prefer Nightmare Feddy, myself.