Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
:eyepop: The rabbit talks?!?!

Update end of last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what the gently caress, i thought i knew all the weird stuff in this game but that rabbit is completely new

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Other fun fact: The rabbit can drop not only Machine Cores, in case you need money still, but an infinite supply of Powerup Part L.

Killing this guy helps with the final step of Pod upgrading.

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Welp, knowing the blade program does that would have saved me a lot of trouble waking up the bunny! Personally, I leveled up to just level 85/86 and what came next was difficult but not impossible. And thank god for the machinegun program, that thing staggers the animals so much they're pretty much forever stunlocked and you can attack them safely until they die! Hyper aggression wins the day again!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It's aggravating going to the amusement park early in the game and seeing the minimap mark the bunny as an enemy but having no way to kill it. For awhile I wondered if there was an enemy under the bunny and looked around to see if there was a path under it.

I killed the thing the easy way before it was patched out. Waking it by hacking it was funny because it actually did the hacking damage when you woke it. So at a high enough level it died immediately upon being woken before you could even fight it.

It's also worth noting that the bunny drops one of the unique pod upgrade materials so you're required to kill it if you're a lunatic who absolutely must fully upgrade your pods.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I beat the rabbit in the 60s with a2 in constant berserk mode. It was not pleasant and involved like 20 large heals and anlit of smaller ones to top off between the damage to hp chips refilling her bar. Don't do this, it was stupid of me.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved "I'm the gol-durn BOSS o' cute you hear?!" :3:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Eh, I fought one of Father Servo's harder modes as 2B before I knew how ridiculously easy he would be to defeat as 9S. Took me half an hour to whittle down his HP but I did it. I was a little baffled as to why they made him so tough; meanwhile, if I had waited then I could have beaten him in under a minute with three hacks from Nines. I did the same thing with the first golden stubby.

Moral of the story: if you're barely doing damage to something in this game then you're either going about it the wrong way or you're using the wrong character.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
So, that's pretty special.

But you still can't get enough parts to upgrade your Pods to the maximum?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I always wondered why the theme behind the upgrade materials is so different from everything else.

E: I mean the difference in theme wrt pod upgrade materials vs everything else you can upgrade.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 12, 2018

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

...! posted:

Eh, I fought one of Father Servo's harder modes as 2B before I knew how ridiculously easy he would be to defeat as 9S. Took me half an hour to whittle down his HP but I did it. I was a little baffled as to why they made him so tough; meanwhile, if I had waited then I could have beaten him in under a minute with three hacks from Nines. I did the same thing with the first golden stubby.

kinda exemplifies their reactions to him :v:. For 9S he's just a chump, a waste of time. For 2B he's an incredible challenge, a true test of will, strength and skill.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I had heard about the "killer rabbit" leveling exploit without much details. I kinda assumed it was a straight up reference from that.

Also how did he avoid cyber rage zombification? He looks accessible during route C.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Omobono posted:

I had heard about the "killer rabbit" leveling exploit without much details. I kinda assumed it was a straight up reference from that.

Also how did he avoid cyber rage zombification? He looks accessible during route C.

He stood so still that the rage virus also thought he was just a statue :v:

Gullwhacker
Aug 11, 2007
When the Logic Virus met his level o' cute, the Logic Virus lost. Got it?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The only goddamn machine in the entire goddamn game who kept his goddamn antivirus updated instead of ignoring it. "Oh, a scanner unit will take care of it." Update your poo poo, you lazy assholes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Dark Id posted:

And finally there is Purple Dye if you want a familiar version of a tough anime soldier lady that refuses to ever wear pants.

That's actually not quite right. Someone on the production team clearly figured out how stupid Motoko's thong was, because they just quietly added a pair of jeans to her standard outfit after about the half-way mark of the first season.

God that outfit was dumb as hell.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's actually not quite right. Someone on the production team clearly figured out how stupid Motoko's thong was, because they just quietly added a pair of jeans to her standard outfit after about the half-way mark of the first season.

God that outfit was dumb as hell.

I always assumed someone in HR yelled at her about it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
i wouldnt recommend googling matoko, then realizing you spelled it wrong and googling motoko. can't recommend either one.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Danaru posted:

He stood so still that the rage virus also thought he was just a statue :v:

The rabbit who is so angry he cannot move. He cannot eat. He cannot sleep. He can just barely growl. Bound so tightly with tension and anger, he approaches the state of rigor mortis.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The only goddamn machine in the entire goddamn game who kept his goddamn antivirus updated instead of ignoring it. "Oh, a scanner unit will take care of it." Update your poo poo, you lazy assholes

Uh... Machine on a Break.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

...! posted:

Uh... Machine on a Break.

He’ll go and get infected once his break is over.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Mega64 posted:

He'll go and get infected once his break is over.

He's completely safe then.

Ukokira
Apr 29, 2017
Fun fact:. Machines you hacked can also gain exp and level up . The old trick with the bunny made it very blatant when killing it as a level 40 machine boosts it to a level 60 machine.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

i made a thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-XtMNYHsZc

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Holy loving poo poo, this is a masterpiece.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Seshoho Cian posted:

i made a thing

This owns.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

This is amazing.

Aurora Borealis!

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Go post this in the thread in games right now

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Christ!

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Holy gently caress yes.

You. MADE. A. THING.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Holy poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, holy poo poo.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nothing to add but another voice in the chorus.

Helluva thing right there.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Well my day is loving made.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:five:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
that is a drat masterpiece

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

:perfect:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Oh hey, it's the first one of these I've seen that's actually funny (and it's hilarious).

:five:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Alright, fine, everyone's talking about it, so I guess I'll finally watch a video on this "Steamed Hams" meme going around lately.

...oh. Well alright then, carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This is loving incredible.

• Locked thread