Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Just playing Devil's Advocate against Citrus here, but that was a full on double wrist pin down with knee to the crotch. I'd argue "meant to be kinda uncomfortable" is an understatement.

It was all setup for explanation in the next episode and/or as the series goes on, bit with just one episode yeesh did that push some buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

It was all setup for explanation in the next episode and/or as the series goes on

https://twitter.com/ActualAleisha/status/949569256718397441

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think this is how citrus is going to end. probably.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

GRIFFITH!

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 12, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Yeah Hakumei to Mikochi! Yeah! Yeah!

Poor hedgehog clothier, Hakumei is quick to haggle :3:

This anime is going to make me really hungry... This market seems wonderful

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Hakumei to Mikochi was really cute and pretty. This season has a lot of feel good nature focused shows, but this one has a good chance of turning out to be my favorite.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chris has great character designs but the drill hair girl is an exception. worst drill style I've seen

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now I'm imagining the best Symphogear, but with drill hair.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im extremely not a fan of the girls designs of Hakumei and Mikochi but man look at that frog and hot springs monkey! i love it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Not feeling it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I don't know if Hibiki'd be able to pull it off tbh.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

oh yeah i can see why you'd feel that way the show's just kinda messy in general and isnt really shying away from it, and it isnt executed super well but its at least more interesting and honest than yuribait or very sexless relationships or whatever, i definitely don't get the impression you get from some yaoi where the author thinks this is what romance between the gays is like or whatever, from what I remember of the manga they actually get mad at each other for pulling stunts like that.

That's probably because the whole thing is based on Saburota's own experiences of falling in love with a girl in High School.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

im extremely not a fan of the girls designs of Hakumei and Mikochi but man look at that frog and hot springs monkey! i love it

They're good actually

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
fair! i've just never been a fan of that kind of design. i wish them good luck and great fortune on their tiny adventures tho

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Tiny people doin' tiny people stuff seems like it could be good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone else going to follow Violet Evergarden? It's very middle of the road anime but great production values.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's by far the most popular anime of the season.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

It's by far the most popular anime of the season.
i dont think thats true

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm by far the most popular anime of the season

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The Colonel posted:

This is definitely not true

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

i dont think thats true

I'm going off mal user numbers as a rough reference but it's got like 60k over the next show. Like this context only applies to the western fandom, but that's kinda what I implied originally anyway.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

This is definitely not true

Because it's actually me.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

chumbler posted:

Because it's actually me.

this might be true

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...now I wonder what the most popular/watched anime of the season actually is so far? Place Further Than The Universe is probably the most hyped in my corner of the web, but that's definitely not a representative sample.

(PS Watch Place Further Than The Universe if you haven't, it's really lively and well-directed so far and the characters are really charismatic)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

VE also slaughtered every other show in the r/anime pre-season survey. 71% popularity rating when the next closest was 50%

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Spiritus Nox posted:

...now I wonder what the most popular/watched anime of the season actually is so far? Place Further Than The Universe is probably the most hyped in my corner of the web, but that's definitely not a representative sample.

(PS Watch Place Further Than The Universe if you haven't, it's really lively and well-directed so far and the characters are really charismatic)

I'm watching that and Pop Team Epic and that's it this season. I'm only watching girls going to Antarctica because a friend pushed it on me and I actually liked the first episode a bunch.

I want to watch the new CCS, but my gf hasn't seen the original series so I have to make her watch that first before we can watch the new stuff together.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a kyoani show about a pretty girl with a tragic past who learns how to love. its popularity is a foregone conclusion.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a kyoani show about a pretty girl with a tragic past who learns how to love. its popularity is a foregone conclusion.

I hope it would be about the tragedy of war but I guess I'll accept this :sigh:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alder posted:

I hope it would be about the tragedy of war but I guess I'll accept this :sigh:

It still might be - wouldn't be the first time KyoAni's heavily re-emphasized the point of a story. Plus everything I know about the novel is like 2nd or 3rd hand.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Do we have a thread for Darling in the Franxx yet?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Space Flower posted:

life partner THIS

im glad. episode 2 is out also

I was referring mainly to Miku. :v:

chumbler posted:

Maybe they're poly life partners.

Must be pretty hard to find a glass bowl big enough to hold a bunch of swords.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

i dont think thats true

It's the namtab safe pick so you know it's gold. I haven't watched it yet tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I enjoyed watching the first Ep. of Violet Evergarden, but by the end I realized how personally tired I was of the Women Willingly Acts As A Knight/Weapon/Tool For The Older Man She Loves story, so I dunno how long I'll keep with it or what other stories it wants to tell. i know that's probably a dumb complaint but swap the genders at the very least drat

The Colonel posted:

hello devilman crybaby

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Violet Evergarden is likely the most heavily anticipated series of the season, but we'll see by the 6th week of the season which ones people stuck to and which ones people dropped and also which ones people picked up after their initial airing.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The best anime this season is Cardcaptor Sakura

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I enjoyed watching the first Ep. of Violet Evergarden, but by the end I realized how personally tired I was of the Women Willingly Acts As A Knight/Weapon/Tool For The Older Man She Loves story, so I dunno how long I'll keep with it or what other stories it wants to tell. i know that's probably a dumb complaint but swap the genders at the very least drat

hello devilman crybaby

Crybaby is insanely good and something straight out of the 90's, but also very niche.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Crybaby is insanely good and something straight out of the 90's, but also very niche.

crybaby is like the most popular thing in the west that yuasa's directed

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

The best anime this season is Cardcaptor Sakura

I started watching the original series in preparation for the new one, and it's pretty enjoyable so far.

Definitely better that the last shojo magical girl series I've watched, Sailor Moon Crystal. (I've seen people say that Sakura isn't really a magical girl because she doesn't transform, but as her staff transforms with a light show when she activates its powers, this seems rather nitpicky.) Kerberos seems remarkably incompetent, which is clever writing in a way; the more a magical girl mascot character seems like an adult in a rodent's body, the more they seem like an rear end in a top hat for making children fight their battles for them (/人◕‿‿◕人\), so he needs to be childishly dumb in order to be likable. Sakura's reluctance to collect the cards surprised me, although it's a perfectly rational response. My only complaint is that Tomoyo is a bit one-note; she's almost completely defined by her fawning over Sakura. Although Tomoyo proposing bad ideas that Kerberos agrees with is funny in an unexpectedly subtle way.

Edit: Also, Tomoyo did most of the work of getting the Shadow card.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Crybaby was front page on one of the most mainstream media watching platforms. I haven't seen something get talked about/art drawn on my twitter timeline since like, Hero Academia last year. I have gained more than one follower from simply tweeting about Devilman

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 13, 2018

• Locked thread