Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just can't believe i'm only on chapter 6 right now . I don't think i've played a game this long in many years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Listening to this and thinking about Nopons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGqsHxgpVw

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hubris.height posted:

i beat the game last night, gonna take a break before i go back and finish some quests

wish i got kosmos, but idk if i wanna grind rare cores for it

if you get the armu in grommot to level 99 you can kill him over and over from a gravestone and he drops a lot of legendary cores.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i saw a typo taht said "I thinks..." and it made me think wow, i haven't really seen any egregious typos or the phrase "in such a situation..." "it can't be helped" or nonsensical literalisms like "please take care of me" over and over in this game like in persona 5 :smugbird:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Tender Bender posted:

When does she get the other story blade?

end of chapter 6 or beginning of chapter 7, i forget which

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Omg the Tantal music

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FINALLY a crucifixion scene lol I was getting worried

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mysterious loyall X posted:

if you get the armu in grommot to level 99 you can kill him over and over from a gravestone and he drops a lot of legendary cores.

i killed him at level 40 cause i wondered if he would respawn

he has not

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

hubris.height posted:

he has not

Fail.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm close to the end but i'm not ready yet!! time to stretch it out with sidequests

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hubris.height posted:

he has not

he only respanws at level 99

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i would never harm my armu until you get to level 99

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the unique parasite in uraya's stomach drops a bunch of chips when you smash it some of them may have been legendary idr tho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the unique parasite in mike uyama's stomach

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

the unique parasite in mike uyama's stomach

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The merc missions are grating on me now, with how you have to click through affinities of trash blades and wait for them to each say like "my power.. Is growing!" It's cool you get rewards but it's just like blindly funneled into my exp/gold bucket or the pile of aux cores I won't use. It's like they worked backwards by deciding they wanted a gacha that produced a ton of trash in their single player, no-microtransactions game, and then worked from that point to decide how to justify the decision.

Game still good though.

R. Guyovich posted:

end of chapter 6 or beginning of chapter 7, i forget which

Cool cool, I'm rolling with Finch now, hate how long his arts recharge is but the passive that auto-refreshes an art feels so sweet when it triggers.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

how are xb1 and xbc? i never played them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

The merc missions are grating on me now, with how you have to click through affinities of trash blades and wait for them to each say like "my power.. Is growing!" It's cool you get rewards but it's just like blindly funneled into my exp/gold bucket or the pile of aux cores I won't use. It's like they worked backwards by deciding they wanted a gacha that produced a ton of trash in their single player, no-microtransactions game, and then worked from that point to decide how to justify the decision.

Game still good though.

Cool cool, I'm rolling with Finch now, hate how long his arts recharge is but the passive that auto-refreshes an art feels so sweet when it triggers.

use pouch items that recharge arts

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Maxing out the affinity charts on common blades is good because it gives you consumable items that give you thousands of WP experience for leveling up your arts. I think the highest rarity ones give you Overdrives , too. clicking through the affinity chart screen after the missions is awful though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Zas posted:

how are xb1 and xbc? i never played them

xb1 is very good and i like it more than this one

xbx is loving terrible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol i'm 40 hours in and they're still doing the thing where i'm kicking a boss's rear end and they interrupt it with a cutscene of the boss overpowering my party. I can't even be mad anymore

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The end of chapter 6 owned tho. I'm completely hooked on this game now. I like how overwhelming your options for party compositions are when you have all the characters and a bunch of blades -- I keep wanting to try something new on one character, and then realizing it upsets my balance of element/art combos, so I have to switch everything else around on all my other characters, and all of a sudden I have a completely different party comp. It's one of those things that sounds like it should be annoying but in practice is fun and engaging, this game makes getting the most from your blade layouts into a really interesting puzzle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent ages in Ch 5 doing side quests and crap but once I got to Tantal I couldn't stop, all the areas in the last third of the game are so cool

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

goferchan posted:

The end of chapter 6 owned tho. I'm completely hooked on this game now. I like how overwhelming your options for party compositions are when you have all the characters and a bunch of blades -- I keep wanting to try something new on one character, and then realizing it upsets my balance of element/art combos, so I have to switch everything else around on all my other characters, and all of a sudden I have a completely different party comp. It's one of those things that sounds like it should be annoying but in practice is fun and engaging, this game makes getting the most from your blade layouts into a really interesting puzzle

endgame gets even more ridiculous with this sort of thing for reasons i don't want to spoil

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm trying to remember which enemies I need to kill for an affinity chart upgrade and muttering "Aybam Medooz.... Buma Hiln.... Pactusk Brog....." under my breath. All the stars are here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I'm trying to remember which enemies I need to kill for an affinity chart upgrade and muttering "Aybam Medooz.... Buma Hiln.... Pactusk Brog....." under my breath. All the stars are here

Lol. At one point I wrote down names of some enemies to keep an eye out for and when I looked at the paper some days later it looked like something the police would find in a schizophrenic serial killers glove compartment

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

.l.\ol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like that the made up names are consistent across xenoblades so that I'm learning this terminology and immediately know that a hiln is a bird and an upa is a froggy thing with an angler lantern

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao in chapter 7 "Nia..... I love you too. I love you too, and ALL you guys!!!" ...... Rex omg

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rex takes colloidal silver and alpha brain

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mysterious loyall X posted:

i would never harm my armu until you get to level 99

the caretaker shames you for killing it afterwards

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

If it leaves a gravestone its imnortal

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I saw a book called "The Armu That Loved" so I will not kill the Armu

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wish there were flavor text lines for all the pouch items/collectibles but that's probably a lot to ask lol. It's just that some of them are so weirdly named that my imagination goes crazy trying to figure out what they were thinking

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Things I like about this game

- qol is the first priority. I like how even in story spots where you have to escape from x area you can fast travel freely
- lands have wildly varying monster levels so there are pockets you have to come back and explore later, rather than just clearing it as soon as you arrive
- rex isn't entirely scared of girls like most jrpg protagonists

Things I don't like

- it crashes on occasion and i lost a few hours :(((((((
- all the characters make strange pauses when talking because the story scenes were synced to japanese voices

also ever since morag joined my party I feel really bad about dying even though there's no real penalty because she scolds you for being careless

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I'm close to the end and haven't had a crash , I feel lucky . Is there a common trigger for it that ppl have seen? I usually close out of the game from the menu if I'm done for the night instead of just leaving it suspended because I know that makes things worse for some games

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

goferchan posted:

Man I'm close to the end and haven't had a crash , I feel lucky . Is there a common trigger for it that ppl have seen? I usually close out of the game from the menu if I'm done for the night instead of just leaving it suspended because I know that makes things worse for some games

From what I've read it's a memory leak issue so leaving the game open makes it happen more often

I didn't realize this at first :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just now noticing that some blades have unique voice lines for when you switch to them from a specific other blade . all the little touches in this game are crazy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the end of chapter 5 was cool. Also Jin is right

I think I'm already in "fuckit" mode and am gonna skip most of the sidequests and just power through the game now. I'm already burning out and there's no telling which sidequests are what they say and which keep going "oh by the way" into a five step treasure hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I feel like everyone in the game is way less concerned with the fact that (chapter 5)the praetor is malos driver than they should be? Unless I'm misunderstanding Wtf a driver is at this point. Like why would you trust or go near this dude and why isn't he like sorry my slave warrior soulmate is trying to destroy the world

• Locked thread