Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It took what 3 years, what rear end backwards design that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It took what 3 years, what rear end backwards design that was

It was probably meant to work that way all along but they might have broken something in the code on the way.

Do we have any play testing that confirms that higher knowledge improves performance against mobs? (after the patch)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I don't know but I've gotten 4 s ranks in the limited time I had post patch

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

edited this post by accident.

Katt fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 19, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am an idiot and bought the game for a friend. He apparently doesn't want it.

Who ever wants a key for this game, here you go.

AE6SAP9-0JRQ40Q-9D153A2-CGK9J

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So who do we talk to for an invite back to the ParksandRec guild we made.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

So who do we talk to for an invite back to the ParksandRec guild we made.
Someone in the discord linked on the frontpage will get you

White Fury
Sep 11, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

I am an idiot and bought the game for a friend. He apparently doesn't want it.

Who ever wants a key for this game, here you go.

AE6SAP9-0JRQ40Q-9D153A2-CGK9J

Did someone get this already? Code said invalid not already used.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You have to activate it here.
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/ActivatePassCode.html

But as far as my dash board says, no one has yet.

White Fury
Sep 11, 2008
Hey thanks duder been wanting to try this. Hopefully i make it past character creation and don't squander your charity.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

White Fury posted:

Hey thanks duder been wanting to try this. Hopefully i make it past character creation and don't squander your charity.

I do get something if you get to level 30, but honestly the character creation is the best part of the game. There are a bunch of presets you can look through like every class can probably look like hitler at this point.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

My quest to collect the retarded titles continues, a new high entry in the top 10 being

FLEXIBLE LIKE WEASEL

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

White Fury posted:

If you get any character to level 30 (easy peasy I'm a complete noob and it took me an hour or 2, experienced players do it in like 30 minutes I heard) they get a pet, which is real cool

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I visit a farm and this old lady is asks me to collect 20 potatoes, sure, whatever. Then she has 3 new quests asking me to gather 20 cedar sap, 20 iron ore, and 20 fire flake flower. An hour later I'm out of energy and I've got the sap, the ore, a whole heap of herbs but only 12 fire flake flowers. Only then do I ask, "what the gently caress am I doing with my life?" I hate to be a quitter, but gently caress that lady.

Though it is nice that they have lots of quests that don't involve killing things, for the players who enjoy other aspects of the game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

One of the fastest ways to level up gathering, if it hasn't changed, is to do repeatable quests or any gathering quest. That is what those are there for.

The poo poo part is end game is killing poo poo for the most part.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just so y'all who were being helpful and cool while I was poopsocking this game after Christmas know, I stopped playing. I really don't like perpetually running an MMO client in admin mode. :siren: :frogsiren: :siren:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Okay the Island exploration event schedule for 2-3 hours ended up taking 5 and a half hours but it was still wildly successful.

At the end we flagged the guild galley for pvp and sunk a sailboat.

RIP

Thanks for coming all.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

looks kinda butterface there tbqh

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde

osirisisdead posted:

Just so y'all who were being helpful and cool while I was poopsocking this game after Christmas know, I stopped playing. I really don't like perpetually running an MMO client in admin mode. :siren: :frogsiren: :siren:

If you're on a windows account without admin access you can launch BDO without giving it admin right with RunAsInvoker. Be aware if you are on an admin account this will still give it admin rights.

quote:

set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker
"Black Desert Online Steam Launcher.exe"

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool! I'll look into that!

That's a good excuse to set up a non admin account on my PC anyway. Thanks!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

looks kinda butterface there tbqh

Uhh, sorry? It's not like I asked to have my picture taken. :shrug:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Holy gently caress I just grew a lantern in my garden!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

cathead posted:

Uhh, sorry? It's not like I asked to have my picture taken. :shrug:

Don't listen to him. Your Tamer looks great.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

ok

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

How?

Like do they have some kind of lingering debuff or incredibly minor damage effect that kicked in at the wrong moment or what?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I'm not sure if this is how things actually work, but things like tents commonly spawn mobs that will despawn if you kill the spawning point. If you get killed by one of the spawned mobs, it might count as being killed by the tent

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

not bad for first ever boss drop

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

i'm back after a year/year and a half. what's changed? esc menu seems even more complicated now

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

DancingShade posted:

How?

Like do they have some kind of lingering debuff or incredibly minor damage effect that kicked in at the wrong moment or what?

No idea, it happened after a particularly vicious lagspike.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

patch notes

For every Node level raised via investing Energy, Item Drop Rate will be increased by 5% for 10% of the monsters you defeat.
For example, if the Node level is 10, you will have a 50% higher Item Drop Rate from 10% of the monsters you defeat.
By 10% of the monsters you defeat, we mean that if you defeat 10 monsters, the higher drop rate will be applied to one of the monsters.
This will not affect Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters with 100% rate.

There will be a new point system that will increase Item Drop Rates depending on the Knowledge you have.
For each Knowledge (Ecology), you will get 10 points for S-grade Knowledge, 5 points for A+, 2 points for A, and 1 point for B or lower.
Having more points will mean a higher Item Drop Rate, and this higher rate will be applied when defeating any monster.
You can check how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have on the bottom of your Knowledge Window (H).
The already existing system of having an advantage if you have a higher grade Knowledge of the specific type of monster you are fighting has not been changed.
Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters will not be affected by how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also big sea monster is coming out on the 28th, the event to get a boat is so everyone can go and shoot it a bunch

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

We're doing another island exploration event on January 28th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8pro3_oBM

Timer: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/parks-and-rec-island-exploration-28-january-2018-countdown-clock

The event starts in Port Epheria so be there in time

We'll be taking the guild galley out to explore the islands from Epheria to Mediah where players jump off to poke the node managers

The result should be an increase in energy cap by about 31 points. We suggest you bring as much energy as you can to this event as you sometimes have to pay the node manager energy to explore the island comfortably.

The event should take about 4 hours but may take as much as 5.

Last event we also went out for some piracy and sunk a sailboat so that was fun. We restocked the guild galley with extra cannonballs in case we cross something worth shooting.

Unrelated trial codes for the game:

NEEHGVI-S1DG9IE-D4AR4FK-8B3I6
SQJ2S90-JFQ2E8K-34V2QV3-HJPKM
VUP1GRC-FEIMG1E-KCG8LN6-8831L
HJG8H0A-GUUATA2-VGI99P9-90E1Q
LLIIMMT-I05SS96-UG525C5-BBOG6
6O6A5L3-G5G1PBN-88AP69S-B45H8
LVRQFUU-BIJV7D0-QL6VKSF-93E4G
KK6N1QO-I7QH79R-DNU9FM9-CGPML
8QBPSU1-8TCMCPJ-H7JVETQ-FJIE
2P0I839-3PV42R5-4SD26A0-EB6RF

UN1DENP-BPOJEEJ-OKR9HQL-8DHAU
EHRQG5K-5A3URIN-VRRHM9K-B31AA
I9B474S-V07BKIP-3J7KNRS-R937E
6E7UOKN-OJ5O7LK-NHJM6IG-KR2VE
O8ROII7-SGP2TLD-EED6V02-T561G
J0SECP0-3MUMF4E-VDRQ890-499M6
IJK3N0K-8M9FBFR-VO0TVDB-IQQM0
CJEFJMT-2CM672C-46UFAKK-04V18

Katt fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 19, 2018

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Katt posted:

We're doing another island exploration event on January 28th

Timer: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/parks-and-rec-island-exploration-28-january-2018-countdown-clock

The event starts in Port Epheria so be there in time

We'll be taking the guild galley out to explore the islands from Epheria to Mediah where players jump off to poke the node manager

The result should be an increase in energy cap by about 31 points. We suggest you bring as much energy as you can to this event as you sometimes have to pay the node manager energy to explore the island comfortably.

The event should take about 4 hours but may take as much as 5.

Last event we also went out for some piracy and sunk a sailboat so that was fun. We restocked the guild galley with extra cannonballs in case we cross something worth shooting.

Unrelated trial codes for the game:

NEEHGVI-S1DG9IE-D4AR4FK-8B3I6
SQJ2S90-JFQ2E8K-34V2QV3-HJPKM
VUP1GRC-FEIMG1E-KCG8LN6-8831L
HJG8H0A-GUUATA2-VGI99P9-90E1Q
LLIIMMT-I05SS96-UG525C5-BBOG6
6O6A5L3-G5G1PBN-88AP69S-B45H8
LVRQFUU-BIJV7D0-QL6VKSF-93E4G
KK6N1QO-I7QH79R-DNU9FM9-CGPML
8QBPSU1-8TCMCPJ-H7JVETQ-FJIE
2P0I839-3PV42R5-4SD26A0-EB6RF

Truly the hero we don't deserve.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

patch notes

For every Node level raised via investing Energy, Item Drop Rate will be increased by 5% for 10% of the monsters you defeat.
For example, if the Node level is 10, you will have a 50% higher Item Drop Rate from 10% of the monsters you defeat.
By 10% of the monsters you defeat, we mean that if you defeat 10 monsters, the higher drop rate will be applied to one of the monsters.
This will not affect Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters with 100% rate.

There will be a new point system that will increase Item Drop Rates depending on the Knowledge you have.
For each Knowledge (Ecology), you will get 10 points for S-grade Knowledge, 5 points for A+, 2 points for A, and 1 point for B or lower.
Having more points will mean a higher Item Drop Rate, and this higher rate will be applied when defeating any monster.
You can check how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have on the bottom of your Knowledge Window (H).
The already existing system of having an advantage if you have a higher grade Knowledge of the specific type of monster you are fighting has not been changed.
Party drop items and junk items that always drop from monsters will not be affected by how many Knowledge (Ecology) points you have.

This is a great loot system :psyduck:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Stanley Pain posted:

10% of the time, it's a 50% better loot system

Market research must say that that sounds better than "5% better"

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Bigger number are the best. No one has bigger numbers than us. Our numbers bring much bigger results than others like five or ten percents. We have a whole fifty percent, wow!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Oh I wasn't around for the first boating event. Looking forward to to the 4-5 hours of boating fun/torture!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Stanley Pain posted:

i started with 1300 and am now at 2000 the +7% item find genuinely feels worthwhile and i'm barely done with grinding knowledge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
drat, I don't think I'll be able to make the boat adventure - the time works out to 6am Monday for me :( Timezones :argh: