Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

serious norman posted:

I'm still a level 40 scrub but is it just me or does the displayed gathering rates seem higher than reality? I get 80% on ramhorn zuccinis on Louisoix but it seems like 50%

It averages out correctly in the long run but observation bias can creep in when you get unlucky. I once failed four 95% gathers on a single tree, but that's only ever happened to me one time.

Could be worse, I know a guy who got normal quality crafting results 6 times in a row with a 98% HQ chance :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Brainamp posted:

Probability is a bitch.

:mad:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Anything relevant i can spend my GC seals on in 4.0, regarding crafting/selling/relic?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

If you hate rng, don't start crafting. Beyond just being a slog in general, there's no feeling worse than the game loving you out of a high quality item by the barest percents.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Brainamp posted:

If you hate rng, don't start crafting. Beyond just being a slog in general, there's no feeling worse than the game loving you out of a high quality item by the barest percents.

You can also do what I do and avoid whatever the endgame stuff is at the time if it's frustrating. Still plenty of glamour prisms to make, repairs anywhere, furnishings, and the odd Orchestrion roll. The other day a goon tipped me 69,420g for making a couple rolls.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Vengeance consuming someone beyond reason was a good way to thread the 3.0 to 3.x stuff together all the way to Stormblood. It looked disjointed at first, but I started to get it towards the end there. I guess if you think about it, someone being treated poorly and throwing an unending fit about it is what started A Realm Reborn too.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

HenryEx posted:

Anything relevant i can spend my GC seals on in 4.0, regarding crafting/selling/relic?

Anime has mirror, axe, cake, arrow and moonstones as one option for crystal sand stage.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SonicRulez posted:

Vengeance consuming someone beyond reason was a good way to thread the 3.0 to 3.x stuff together all the way to Stormblood. It looked disjointed at first, but I started to get it towards the end there. I guess if you think about it, someone being treated poorly and throwing an unending fit about it is what started A Realm Reborn too.

so as not to spoiler our new friend and Nidhogg's rage lived far beyond him. His ire and fury is part of why shinryu was able to come into being and be as powerful as he was. He was fully powered by two great wyrm's eyes and was a being of pure rage and fury as a result.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GuyUpNorth posted:

Anime has mirror, axe, cake, arrow and moonstones as one option for crystal sand stage.

Oh, i'm done with the 3.x relic and i don't hate myself enough to try and do a relic for more than one class. I was just wondering if a new relic quest for 4.x, if it exists, needs anything i can pre-buy.

As an aside, today i found someone doing a FATE for the first time in two weeks. About time.

And while i'm going through the MSQ for 4.0: First, there's stealth action past city guards, and now the game has first person shooter segments? I did not expect this.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so like

I've been reading up on minion lore and stuff, and combined with stuff from the MSQ, I'm pretty sure Alphinaud has a thing for Y'shtola

why is that so god damned hilarious

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

HenryEx posted:

Ventures

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

serious norman posted:

I'm still a level 40 scrub but is it just me or does the displayed gathering rates seem higher than reality? I get 80% on ramhorn zuccinis on Louisoix but it seems like 50%

Brainamp posted:

If it ain't 100%, it ain't poo poo.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

HenryEx posted:

Oh, i'm done with the 3.x relic and i don't hate myself enough to try and do a relic for more than one class. I was just wondering if a new relic quest for 4.x, if it exists, needs anything i can pre-buy.

As an aside, today i found someone doing a FATE for the first time in two weeks. About time.

And while i'm going through the MSQ for 4.0: First, there's stealth action past city guards, and now the game has first person shooter segments? I did not expect this.

It is almost certain that demimateria is going to be used for something, at some point down the line.

Desynthing the aforementioned animu progression items (some of them are not desynthesizable) can result in FC3s.

If you want to take it a step further, FC3s do not sell for an insignificant amount, and the turnover is pretty good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Demimateria has been used in a ton of stuff. Crafting allagan replicas, for example, takes BC3s. A bunch of crafting stuff takes various BC/FC demimateria. The only demimateria that's been useless from the getgo and will likely always be is clear demimateria.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

so like

I've been reading up on minion lore and stuff, and combined with stuff from the MSQ, I'm pretty sure Alphinaud has a thing for Y'shtola

because he's a literal teenager who casually admitted to her face that he vividly remembers the one time he saw her naked

alphy's our special boy

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mr. Nice! posted:

Demimateria has been used in a ton of stuff. Crafting allagan replicas, for example, takes BC3s. A bunch of crafting stuff takes various BC/FC demimateria. The only demimateria that's been useless from the getgo and will likely always be is clear demimateria.

One word: Arbitrage~

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lol, the turtle goon in the first tribe quest that does nothing but gripping the vase is titled something like "red turtle with the carrying job" , and the carrying part also translates to something like "leading role" or "main actor".
I don't know if the German localization team cribbed that joke directly from the English one, but if not, A+, great side joke. :allears:

ninjaedit: checked the quest on xivdb, apparently in English he's just called 'Cruel Kojin'. Well, that's kinda plain.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

so like

Y'shtola is Alphy's first crush. Krile is 100% aware of this and never misses an opportunity to give him poo poo about it. Which is also why Krile is the best.

The best other than Alisae. Who you should be bumping into right about now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm actually pulling back on the throttle a bit. Gonna focus on getting and upgrading my BRD and DRG gear and leveling DRK up to 60.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
*tries to put on a Roegadyn's garlean uniform as a Lalafell*

The Game posted:

If there were three of you standing on each other's shoulders, you could perhaps fit into this uniform. Walking, however, would present a challenge.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

because he's a literal teenager who casually admitted to her face that he vividly remembers the one time he saw her naked

alphy's our special boy

Dress-up Y'shtola Minion posted:

This clockwork automaton has been crafted at the behest of the Adventurers' Guild in celebration of the Rising, Eorzea's annual celebration of rebirth. Alphinaud Leveilleur was apparently more than happy to submit a rough sketch for the design, despite never being asked.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Here's a question about gathering. Are the HQ checks for hitting a node done only if you succeed, or are they independent and it is just that either result gets you an item?

I am probably saying this poorly so let's give an illustration:

I'm mining for ore and I have an 50% chance, 10% of HQ. Every time I swing my pickaxe, do I

* Have a 50% chance for nothing, 40% for NQ, and 10% for HQ
OR
* Have a 50% chance of nothing, 45% chance of NQ, and 5% for HQ
OR
some weird other case I can't think of or clearly illustrate??

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nessus posted:

Here's a question about gathering. Are the HQ checks for hitting a node done only if you succeed, or are they independent and it is just that either result gets you an item?

I am probably saying this poorly so let's give an illustration:

I'm mining for ore and I have an 50% chance, 10% of HQ. Every time I swing my pickaxe, do I

* Have a 50% chance for nothing, 40% for NQ, and 10% for HQ
OR
* Have a 50% chance of nothing, 45% chance of NQ, and 5% for HQ
OR
some weird other case I can't think of or clearly illustrate??

you have a 50% chance to gather. You have a 10% chance that if you gather, it will be HQ. The gathering check is done first, then the HQ check.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you have a 10% HQ chance, then 10% of the items you'll have in your inventory after gathering will be HQ.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just want someone to go up and tell Tiamat that it’s all OK now and she can come down and be a part of the world again.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Y'shtola is Alphy's first crush. Krile is 100% aware of this and never misses an opportunity to give him poo poo about it. Which is also why Krile is the best.

The best other than Alisae. Who you should be bumping into right about now.

Yeah, Alisae is the queen of sass and it's great.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

I just want someone to go up and tell Tiamat that it’s all OK now and she can come down and be a part of the world again.

even her dad couldn't convince her that she should be free.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

even her dad couldn't convince her that she should be free.

Yeah. HW made it pretty clear that when a dragon feels a strong emotion, they feel it for an extremely long time. No mere human can make Tiamat stop being emo.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Tiamat? Don't you mean Sad Dragon?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I really wish that for once, instead of having to help the orphan collect 6 trade goods all over the place to be able to pay for the medicine she needs or whatever, the game would just let me outright buy the drat stuff. We're right next to the store! I have millions of gil! Just let me help you the easy way, lady! :mad:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Brainamp posted:

The Mad Snake Eaters (with Broken Dream) finally downed NED, just in time for the next tier.

The hardest part of this tier was actually the journey to getting together a full group. :v:

Gonna need to take another picture for my first clear, when I'm actually around.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

HenryEx posted:

I really wish that for once, instead of having to help the orphan collect 6 trade goods all over the place to be able to pay for the medicine she needs or whatever, the game would just let me outright buy the drat stuff. We're right next to the store! I have millions of gil! Just let me help you the easy way, lady! :mad:

The WoL is a salt of the earth hero that helps with his hands, not his pocket book like fat lalas

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Our house is nice and all, but it's not "portal to a mysterious out of bounds world" nice. :(

https://twitter.com/hastytouch/status/952360851398365184

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

a kitten posted:

Our house is nice and all, but it's not "portal to a mysterious out of bounds world" nice. :(

Kingdom Hearts 3 is looking good.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ActionZero posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is looking good.

I was about to make this exact comment. :argh:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

a kitten posted:

wow the kh crossover event looks great

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rosalind posted:

Beat O2S (which felt really good!) and now I have O1S down to a science. How hard is O3S?

lol :)

Thundarr posted:

Is my group the only one that hated going back to farm O3S any more once we were able to jump directly into O4S? Because mine sure was. Even when you know the fight you still kind of have to pay attention to it, so zoning out and doing O3S casually doesn't work very well.

We made the executive decision to skip farming 3 entirely to maximize our time in 4 until patch day.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

HenryEx posted:

I really wish that for once, instead of having to help the orphan collect 6 trade goods all over the place to be able to pay for the medicine pineapple pudding she needs or whatever, the game would just let me outright buy the drat stuff. We're right next to the store! I have millions of gil! Just let me help you the easy way, lady! :mad:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

So what happens if you fall off the path in these OoB areas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

vOv posted:

So what happens if you fall off the path in these OoB areas?

I believe there's a kill plane that just teleports you back to the house entrance.