Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

It's real, real bad Ran.
Nah man. Final ascension Nero Bride outfit is good and best Nero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cu Chulainn
Apr 27, 2011

It's great to get out of the lab

Cleared my friends list from a few no-shows, so here's some extra Event help if you need it:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I zeroed in on Jack because an NP every three turns is real real bad especially on full points team. I got extremely lucky those chimera fucks never spammed crits like they always do.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Thanks guys. Taking a MLB Bloom Herc and focusing down the Chimeras just about let me squeak by, although I still had to use 2 command seals. Got it in the end though. :woop:

Kitfox88 posted:

when are we getting astolfo, his cameo in the winter event was pretty cute
Assuming we follow the JP schedule (or slightly accelerate it), I'd expect best boy around late Feb to mid March.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Cu Chulainn posted:

Cleared my friends list from a few no-shows, so here's some extra Event help if you need it:

Request sent, IGN: Raiana

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I beat Jack with MHX, Cu, and Support Okita with the only limit broken PB on Okita

The trick is to keep buffing yourself so she wastes attacks getting rid of them and saving your evades for when she has NP since she'll throw that out before information erasing

I still lost MHX and Cu before the end but Okita is basically all you need there

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

aw man you can't burn the spare saber lily for a rare prism

what the hell am I gonna do with her now

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Burn her anyway because she's still 6 mana prisms?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

0.6% of a Mona Lisa. Every little helps!

Also I approve of the new Jake avatar.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's another 5k mana prism project in a few months if you skipped out on mona lisa.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

How important are the other 5K CEs anyway? I'm assuming Chaldea Lunchtime is probably worth going for MLB on to speed up the later bond levels, but are Personal Lesson/Personal Training worth putting in significant effort to max out, or is it not a huge loss to skip the extra copies of those if I haven't accumulated enough prisms from events/dailies/normal burning of surplus 3*s to buy them out easily?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Apparently today's my 1-year anniversary since I started playing JPN, so :toot:. Never expected to play this game for that long, but glad I got into it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Shiny777 posted:

How important are the other 5K CEs anyway? I'm assuming Chaldea Lunchtime is probably worth going for MLB on to speed up the later bond levels, but are Personal Lesson/Personal Training worth putting in significant effort to max out, or is it not a huge loss to skip the extra copies of those if I haven't accumulated enough prisms from events/dailies/normal burning of surplus 3*s to buy them out easily?

Personal Lesson/Training are generally accepted as not being worth it. I plan to buy just one copy of each for collection purposes but you can feel free to ignore them.

Edit : Also Baal, I glanced through the first page and I noticed you haven't updated the OP with the American Servants writeup yet. Just a heads up.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Last fight in Alien Invasion XI dropped Okita, MHX, Mordred, Salter, and Lily and I was left with a single demon to kill. Mata Hari with the AQQ combo spammed her NP every other round and made him a joke. She's a good girl.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just realized, I don't think we had a Servant designed by CLAMP yet.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

This is a thing I've suddenly realized I need in my life and I don't know what to do with this information.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
The Altera I got from the guaranteed gatcha is literally saving my life this event. AOE NP is just enough to take care of the cannon fodder, and chips the last boss with defense down debuff. I follow up with Support Okita NP Brave Chain. If that's not enough, I get three or four turns to attack for free using Combat Uniform's Gandr, then Order Change to switch my third out for D'eon to use taunt. I'm still full on Command Seals and can fall back to using one if things get dicey (I did once against Jack and a few times for UHZ since I was watching F/Apo while farming).

Honestly, I was a little disappointed when I only got Altera in the paid quartz gatcha. Almost all other candidates had more interesting play styles to me, but I had to get the Stats Stick. But now here I am with 28 Claws, 32 hearts and a mostly cleared shop inventory (skipped the pieces, got the monuments). I only used the 18 apples I got from the Jan 2nd Login, and got 11 back from the Altrium Ladder. I calculated that after the last two invasion quests (ready with 3 command seals), I only need to do the Scathach node 14 more times to get to 2 mil.

It would have been really rough if I only had my other 5 Sabers (D'eon, Lily, Caesar, Gilles, Fergus). I even maxed out Caesar a while ago because he had a bonus for both Christmas and Saber Wars. Never even got to him unless I used Order Change to use his buffs.

I had to work all of December so I didn't get very many opportunities to grind, so I only got to 26 lottery boxes. I decided to take time off for Saber Wars. But since Friday, when I realised I didn't need to use any more apples, I had more time for me. Watched Devilman. Went out and watched HF. Watched the infamous Ziss meltdown video. Dusted off my PS4. I've been itching to use some more apples to finish up the event early, to get started on this week's master missions, and get back on the grind for XP. But I don't need to. The Golden Fruits would be better utilised in the next lottery event. So I decided to make this post.

Good Civilisation indeed.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

AtheistMantis posted:

The Altera I got from the guaranteed gatcha is literally saving my life this event. AOE NP is just enough to take care of the cannon fodder, and chips the last boss with defense down debuff. I follow up with Support Okita NP Brave Chain. If that's not enough, I get three or four turns to attack for free using Combat Uniform's Gandr, then Order Change to switch my third out for D'eon to use taunt. I'm still full on Command Seals and can fall back to using one if things get dicey (I did once against Jack and a few times for UHZ since I was watching F/Apo while farming).

Honestly, I was a little disappointed when I only got Altera in the paid quartz gatcha. Almost all other candidates had more interesting play styles to me, but I had to get the Stats Stick. But now here I am with 28 Claws, 32 hearts and a mostly cleared shop inventory (skipped the pieces, got the monuments). I only used the 18 apples I got from the Jan 2nd Login, and got 11 back from the Altrium Ladder. I calculated that after the last two invasion quests (ready with 3 command seals), I only need to do the Scathach node 14 more times to get to 2 mil.

It would have been really rough if I only had my other 5 Sabers (D'eon, Lily, Caesar, Gilles, Fergus). I even maxed out Caesar a while ago because he had a bonus for both Christmas and Saber Wars. Never even got to him unless I used Order Change to use his buffs.

I had to work all of December so I didn't get very many opportunities to grind, so I only got to 26 lottery boxes. I decided to take time off for Saber Wars. But since Friday, when I realised I didn't need to use any more apples, I had more time for me. Watched Devilman. Went out and watched HF. Watched the infamous Ziss meltdown video. Dusted off my PS4. I've been itching to use some more apples to finish up the event early, to get started on this week's master missions, and get back on the grind for XP. But I don't need to. The Golden Fruits would be better utilised in the next lottery event. So I decided to make this post.

Good Civilisation indeed.

altera is the best confirmed

when i get the xp I'm grailing her to 100

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Treasure the SSRs that answer your summons. They're the ones who decided you were a worthy Master.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
MHX answered my call because I kept bitching that I got no good sabers

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/post/169704870312

Vive La France.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Marie is cool, but her hat is dumb and I hate it.
There, I said it. :colbert:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I don‘t know if getting 3 off-banner Jeannes means I have a really high or a really low chance of rolling Jalter. Clearly, I‘m an expert at rolling french Saberfaces, but since Jalter hates Jeanne this may not work in my favor.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This game haunts my brain. Whenever I watch a movie or read a book or play a videogame I start thinking about how the characters would work as Servants.

I've started re-reading The Chronicles of Amber and I can't help thinking about how Corwin would work. I think I'd go with Rider, interestingly enough, because his Noble Phantasm would be Guns of Avalon. Also, all Amberites would have a skill to reshuffle the deck (representing their magic cards they use to talk to each other).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
clawtopsy goes bankrupted

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Altera is great.
she and a support okita/mhx have been pulling me through events, allowing me to fill the other slots with event bonus sabers

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

the_steve posted:

Summer Marie!

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Pureauthor posted:

Treasure the SSRs that answer your summons. They're the ones who decided you were a worthy Master.

So, like, I've really been kind of thinking about percentages and probability and stuff with this game. I've concluded that I've been pretty lucky even though at times it hasn't felt that way.
on my main account I have six 5*s (three of them are at np2) and fifteen 4*s excluding the first freebie and the welfares (with one third of those at np5 or np4).
Hell, my semi free side account (outside of the guaranteed gacha and one or two other times) there's three 5*s.
I hadn't really thought about it until the last couple of days but... yeesh.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

the_steve posted:

The hat is good actually

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
MHX from a summon ticket has convinced me that I'm truly blessed, nothing bad in this game affects me, the gacha has no power over me, and I'll roll Jalter with only free SQ this year.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is there going to be another saber alter rate up before this event ends?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

is there going to be another saber alter rate up before this event ends?

Not as the only one on rateup, no. She will have a shared rateup with Nero until the event ends.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Took Jack down with surprising ease but the Karna fight was rough. Well, the demons with him were, I focused on him first with Okita but I'm not familiar enough with the enemy type to realize they had a stun attached to their move and not an NP seal. Down two command spells but I'm not sure I have it in me for the 3.3 million LAlter coming up anyway.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Next challenge quest is Altera and a lancer dragon. I'm assuming the ideal is to take out the dragon first since all of his attacks hit everyone.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Don't forget the Herc that's in wave 2. I might set it up to use my NP on him straight away and hope I can build it back up during wave 3.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this event must suck rear end for people with no good sabers

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Tired Moritz posted:

this event must suck rear end for people with no good sabers
It would be rough at the beginning, but once you have 3-4 stars CE, friend okita will be able to one-shot lancer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nyaa posted:

It would be rough at the beginning, but once you have 3-4 stars CE, friend okita will be able to one-shot lancer.

Farming Altrium would become even more of a PitA.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Raising lily would be the best bet for saberless players...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Can confirm, my only saberface going in was mordred (has since been joined by nero, lily, and MHX, while salter denies to show her face)