Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Even though they just had a kid I'm still not convinced Russell Wilson has ever hosed

Now Jimmy G, on the other hand ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Benne posted:

I'm just glad we can get this "getting our hopes up" thing out of the way early and expectations are nice and set for the coming offseason. Welcome to Seattle, Alfred Morris!

Was thinking today that demarco Murray could be a good option assuming the titans cut him. Then i assumed he'd just turn into versions of post Alexander rbs of Julio Jones or edgerrin James that were old and bad

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I still don't see official signing news re: Seahawks and Brian.

Is it actually confirmed?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I still don't see official signing news re: Seahawks and Brian.

Is it actually confirmed?

Please give this post to me in liquid form, so I can drink it all day.

Thank you.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
peeing on u rite now

because brian is piss you see

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/952616326362677248

The Cardinals are posting help wanted signs on Twitter. I don't know if life can get any better.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Holy poo poo lol Brian Schottenheimer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/952616326362677248

The Cardinals are posting help wanted signs on Twitter. I don't know if life can get any better.

Your choice of QB :lol:

You can have any lovely quarterback you want, the sky is the limit!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Blaine Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, maybe a little Sam Bradford action? Eh? Eh?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Your choice of QB :lol:

You can have any lovely quarterback you want, the sky is the limit!

My favorite bit is the "One of the Best Offensive Players in the Game," and they don't name him so you're wondering who exactly they mean; the 34 year old Fitz who may not be with the team next year? The always injured David Johnson? :iiam:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cards get decent cap space back with palmer retiring, and there's a whole mess of options at qb

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

cards get decent cap space back with palmer retiring, and there's a whole mess of options at qb

I guess? They'll have around 30 million in space, which is essentially the asking price for Kirk Cousins. They could draft a mid first or early second round grade QB, and hope the coach they don't yet have can develop him.

Or roll with Gabbert :getin:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather get keenum and draft a qb and try to replicate what minnesota/jacksonville did if cousins is seriously gonna get 30 mil

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

i'd rather get keenum and draft a qb and try to replicate what minnesota/jacksonville did if cousins is seriously gonna get 30 mil

He is, and that’s going to set the market this year, with all the need & competition for QBs.
Jimmy G will probably cost 25 million, and he’s got the franchise tag hanging over him.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah normally it’s pretty lol-worthy to highlight that you have no QB but this situation is different.

Arizona is going to have a lot of cap space with two good FA qbs on the market, plus a loaded QB draft class.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah normally it’s pretty lol-worthy to highlight that you have no QB but this situation is different.

Arizona is going to have a lot of cap space with two good FA qbs on the market, plus a loaded QB draft class.

Average cap space, tons of competition for FA QBs, and a QB class is always a craps shot if you don’t have a top two pick.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Even with Fitz and Palmer out the Cardinals only have 35m in cap room, who else are they gonna cut?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

Average cap space, tons of competition for FA QBs, and a QB class is always a craps shot if you don’t have a top two pick.

This QB class is not a crap shoot just because they don't have a top two pick. There's at least 4 dudes going to go in the first, and all of them deserve to do so.

e: Like, I'm not saying having a franchise qb would be worse. But this is a relatively decent situation to be in if your team doesn't have a franchise qb.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

DariusLikewise posted:

Even with Fitz and Palmer out the Cardinals only have 35m in cap room, who else are they gonna cut?

That's plenty to sign a QB.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Are you saying the Cards have no other needs?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

peterson, veldheer could retire or get cut, there were rumblings about mathieu getting a paycut/restructured contract. so maybe 40 million all together with not much of that going to our UFAs (john/jaron brown, bethel, tramon williams, frostee rucker)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Are you saying the Cards have no other needs?

the only hole that there's currently nobody in place for is a second cb. we're stuck with our offensive line and tight ends; and WR isn't great but i'd rather re-sign john brown to a bridge deal than get a similarly priced guy in free agency.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Colin Kaepernick could be had for peanuts at this point.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This QB class is not a crap shoot just because they don't have a top two pick. There's at least 4 dudes going to go in the first, and all of them deserve to do so.

e: Like, I'm not saying having a franchise qb would be worse. But this is a relatively decent situation to be in if your team doesn't have a franchise qb.

In a vacuum that may be, but it’s not a vacuum. The entire point of a bottom ranked team saying “coach for us, and you have your choice of QB in the draft” is the the coach would literally have their first or at worst second choice of QB in the draft.

With a pick @15, the coach will have an outside shot to maybe get their second choice, probably third or fourth. The chances of them working perfectly together go down dramatically, and you have to hope the coach is really good at adapting, and the QB works really hard and is open to changes.

Unless they’re willing to trade a kings ransom and move up, of course.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

35m - 20-25m QB - 8-10m for a draft class, I guess

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

In a vacuum that may be, but it’s not a vacuum. The entire point of a bottom ranked team saying “coach for us, and you have your choice of QB in the draft” is the the coach would literally have their first or at worst second choice of QB in the draft.

With a pick @15, the coach will have an outside shot to maybe get their second choice, probably third or fourth. The chances of them working perfectly together go down dramatically, and you have to hope the coach is really good at adapting, and the QB works really hard and is open to changes.

Unless they’re willing to trade a kings ransom and move up, of course.

the tradeoff is, you aren't being throw into the browns coach meat grinder yet you have a similar opportunity to make your mark on the team. if this scares off all the coaches that can't win 6-8 games then good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

hifi posted:

the tradeoff is, you aren't being throw into the browns coach meat grinder yet you have a similar opportunity to make your mark on the team. if this scares off all the coaches that can't win 6-8 games then good

Maybe. There's no guarantee the Cards don't one-and-done their next coach :shrug:

You're definitely best case scenario-ing right now, and I approve of the homer impulse to do so.

I, meanwhile, am schadenfreude-ing HARD.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Meanwhile I'm sitting over here praying another team is dumb enough to somehow pull Brian Schottenheimer away from us

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Oh whats that your team is looking for a coach, coordinator and/or a qb hmmm can't relate

for the love of god give handsome james whatever he wants

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

for the love of god give handsome james whatever he wants

Feb 20 - March 6 is the franchise tag period.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'm excited for the Rams to Transition Tag Sammy Watkins and then some team with a ton of cap space to offer him a hilariously front-loaded contract so the Rams don't match. 40 million roster bonus due in the first week of pre-season or something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Feb 20 - March 6 is the franchise tag period.

I know, I'm just antsy about the upcoming negotiations

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Schneider: "The players are getting too complacent, Pete! How do we shake them out of it?"

Carroll: "They don't care about losing? They haven't *seen* losing, yet. Get me Schotty on the phone. Oh, and find out who coached the Raiders defense the past couple years."

Edit:

Jesus gently caress, now they're bringing back Solari.

Entire NFL: Hire the smartest, youngest up and coming talent you can find! We need new blood!

Pete Carroll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVddkROLcuw

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 16, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving hell

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine being so bad at your job that a Pagano brother was considered an upgrade

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I actually kind of like the Solari hire. Football Outsiders had the Giants 10th in adjusted sack rate and 4th in run stuffed %.

Norton and Schottenheimer, though. Yikes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Allahu ackbar death to the Seahawks.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Allahu ackbar death to the Seahawks.

You may get your wish soon, my friend.

It's weird, this is the first time since like 2009 that I haven't been at least somewhat optimistic about the coming Seahawks season.

All good things must end I suppose.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You may get your wish soon, my friend.

It's weird, this is the first time since like 2009 that I haven't been at least somewhat optimistic about the coming Seahawks season.

All good things must end I suppose.

It helps if you don't accelerate that end by bashing your own kneecaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember being mildly optimistic for Jim Mora Jr. because he grew up around here and had a history with the team (his dad worked for Chuck Knox way back in the day), so maybe the hometown guy could do something fun even if his Falcons tenure was nothing special.

That went out the window pretty drat fast.

E: In some ways, I kinda feel bad for Mora and the way that whole thing went down. He clearly loves the area and the Seahawks job was supposed to be his triumphant homecoming. Now he's a punchline at best, reviled at worst, and he'll never get the Washington job he wanted all along. But then again, he made this bed with the pointless bridge-burning and crappy on-field results, so he has only himself to blame.

It was a weird situation all around.

Benne fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 16, 2018

• Locked thread