Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

zimbomonkey posted:

I would point out that I am not, in fact, mad.

I am actually quite happy for the head lowering tackle misser. May he do it many times, preferably in division games.

What number will he wear for the panthers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hey, that's only gonna happen when he gets so old he can't run either.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Unlucky saints fans. You're usually p cool dudes so I actually feel bad for you guys.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Been a fun season and enjoyed the ‘friendly’ banter in here.

Going to have to support the Jags superbowl run now, cos gently caress the Patriots, plus you know Union Jax , London’s Home Team etc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

And Julio catches the ball, stays inbounds, and the Falcons win. Maybe if Cam doesn't get sacked he throws a bomb for a win last week.

he did

it landed a foot from devin funchess in the near corner of the end zone

Devin was just like "oh what's that"

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

That Works posted:

Everyone mad at a rookie safety making a bad move and ignores that the whole team played like poo poo the entire first half....

Yeah - to be that close to winning after that first half was nothing short of amazing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I was mad at Williams for a few minutes, sure, but he doesn't get to miss that tackle if he doesn't make the interception to put the Saints back into the game. Football's a funny game like that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

And Julio catches the ball, stays inbounds, and the Falcons win. Maybe if Cam doesn't get sacked he throws a bomb for a win last week.

Football's a crazy game. The loss sucks, but you get it out and look forward to the draft.

No.

You forgot staying on his feet.

Winning that game starts with Julio not slipping.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Good morning and a happy lol saints to all

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://twitter.com/Saints/status/952820235672924160

I guess there won't be any crucifixions in New Orleans today.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 15, 2018

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Good to see. Similar to the arseholes giving Devonta Freeman poo poo for the missed block in the Superbowl. Guy did crazy work for us all that season and people want to crucify him over one gently caress up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ashholes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/952866792870940672

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
people trying to turn 24-23 10 seconds left into a meme are just coming across as both really stupid and really bitter. yes it was fun to watch the saints hopes get dashed but sorry, multiple teams have had leads in the last second they lost by miracle plays.

only one team has managed to be such amazing losers that they doubled the record of the previous losers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sword_man.gif posted:

people trying to turn 24-23 10 seconds left into a meme are just coming across as both really stupid and really bitter. yes it was fun to watch the saints hopes get dashed but sorry, multiple teams have had leads in the last second they lost by miracle plays.

only one team has managed to be such amazing losers that they doubled the record of the previous losers.

It is petty and stupid for sure and our collapse was much much worse. However, the 28-3 obsession by the Saints all year makes this into a thing because of karma or something so I don't even feel bad.

Also some of these shops are great.

https://twitter.com/FakeSportsCentr/status/952932675479781376

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

It is petty and stupid for sure and our collapse was much much worse. However, the 28-3 obsession by the Saints all year makes this into a thing because of karma or something so I don't even feel bad.

yeah i'm enjoying it too but i'm talking about putting it on a loving t-shirt.

if you wanted people to never drop 28-3 no matter what this is an excellent way to do it, by pretending that having a miracle play happen to you is on the same caliber as choking away a 25 point lead.

https://twitter.com/TheJazzyBelle/status/952924735788249088

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

:perfect:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sword_man.gif posted:

if you wanted people to never drop 28-3 no matter what this is an excellent way to do it, by pretending that having a miracle play happen to you is on the same caliber as choking away a 25 point lead.

I would never spend $10 on a custom av for someone let alone start a gofundme for a billboard or banner, so I'm with you there. Also...we had nothing to do with the "24-23" circumstances so I will just enjoy it from afar.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
like i understand wanting to have one back on them but we needed the saints to be up like 30-0 in the superbowl and blow that to do that. losing in the last 10 seconds to a miracle play isn't that.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

https://twitter.com/TheJazzyBelle/status/952924735788249088

:laffo: #BlewDat

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I really think BlewDat is the best thing that came out of this

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Have I missed an injoke?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

I really think BlewDat is the best thing that came out of this

https://twitter.com/DailyNorseman/status/952922406510739456

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I, for one, am shocked by this news. Sean Payton is an upstanding individual and holds himself to the highest of moral standards.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/TecmoBowlers/status/952904668325335040

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Yeeeeeeeeees

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

:perfect:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

like i understand wanting to have one back on them but we needed the saints to be up like 30-0 in the superbowl and blow that to do that. losing in the last 10 seconds to a miracle play isn't that.

gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I just want to pop in and say that I really admire just how much you all loving hate each other.

Respect.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sean Payton owns, and losing a divisional game as the lower seed on a dumb play is definitely never going to Eclipse throwing away your first Super Bowl.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sean Payton owns, and losing a divisional game as the lower seed on a dumb play is definitely never going to Eclipse throwing away your first Super Bowl.

second. we threw away our first in the 90s.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU?

a defeatist, self-loathing attitude pairs well with being a georgia sports fan

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a new study bible! posted:

I just want to pop in and say that I really admire just how much you all loving hate each other.

Respect.

I don't hate anyone in this thread at all. Everyone is pretty cool in here. I like that we all bust each other's balls, but you've got to be able to take it if you dish it out too. I can only imagine what would happen if we all got together to watch a game, but I'd bet we would have a good time.

Hating the teams is a different matter, but even then, I only hate our arch rival Falcons. I'm ok with the Bucs and Panthers for the most part. No idea why, it's just how I feel.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, all things being equal? I would agree.

But we threw that superbowl away a year ago and ya'll just lost a heartbreaker yesterday so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ :laffo:

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't hate anyone in this thread at all. Everyone is pretty cool in here. I like that we all bust each other's balls, but you've got to be able to take it if you dish it out too. I can only imagine what would happen if we all got together to watch a game, but I'd bet we would have a good time.

Hating the teams is a different matter, but even then, I only hate our arch rival Falcons. I'm ok with the Bucs and Panthers for the most part. No idea why, it's just how I feel.

Yeah, like I feel like I could sit down with (most) Saint goons and watch games and we would have a great time. Just not Saints/Falcons games because someone would be leaving in an ambo...:colbert:

I'm with you though, I absolutely cannot stand the Saints or anything associated with them. I'm friends with a few Saints fans irl, and we are good, but gloves come off during hate week. I used to hate on the Panthers, but I really don't anymore and I really can't hate on our retarded little brother.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Come for the football fandom, stay for the testicle smashing.

Also, we'd get drunk as gently caress and end up yelling memes at each other. It would be one of the best nights.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 15, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Panthers getting in on it now...where is Tampa?

https://twitter.com/CatScratchReadr/status/952974294962884610

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hopefully Tampa's classy enough to not talk mad trash when we're the worst team in the division.

Also, the Saints thing isn't even loving comparable to 28-3. Last second wins happen all the time, but the Falcons meltdown is legendary.

That clip of the dude who follows Diggs into the tunnel was insane though. That crowd noise...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Hopefully Tampa's classy enough to not talk mad trash when we're the worst team in the division.

Also, the Saints thing isn't even loving comparable to 28-3. Last second wins happen all the time, but the Falcons meltdown is legendary.

That clip of the dude who follows Diggs into the tunnel was insane though. That crowd noise...

Didn't stop the legendary 28-3 roast on twitter that your bitch rear end coach issued a public apology for.

Also, literally none of us are saying it's comparable. It's not. What we are saying is :laffo: :lol: gently caress the Saints now and forever and I hope they never recover from this loss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sword_man.gif posted:

second. we threw away our first in the 90s.

What I mean is threw away a near guaranteed first Super Bowl *win*.

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, all things being equal? I would agree.

But we threw that superbowl away a year ago and ya'll just lost a heartbreaker yesterday so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Saints fan are fairly accustomed to this sort of heartbreak, so it’ll pass pretty quickly, especially since the team looks good for next year with so many young, cheap contributors.

• Locked thread