Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

We can already do at least one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So erin said that buyable ships were probably going to be in 3.1 but this was when 3.1was goong to be the real jesus patch and not a bunch of bug fixes for 3.0. Do you think that they’ll still add this feature in? Realistically, this should be one of the easiest things to implement in the game if they’ve had a design document written up with the prices for each of these ships in game and such

That's a pretty big if. Almost bigger than Ben, in fact.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

GyverMac posted:

I think Star Citizen might be the start of a new concept, where a company accept money from people to put out fake artwork, fake ingame models, fake alphas, fake weekly development progress updates just so people can pretend to look forward to the game of their dreams. For an extra fee you can pretend to be a well respected member of the fake games' community and flame evil detractors on fake message boards.
even that's not new

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

MedicineHut posted:

MoMA, who is Toast, is also Snarfbuckle?

Ooh, I hadn't considered that.
MoMA, do you post on the Frontier Forums?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

The Titanic posted:

You’ve been approved. Turn to page 7 of your Tactics Handbook and your password is found on paragraph 6 word 42.

Are you sure?
Word 42 is "fuckwit".

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Sillybones posted:

What could sour the perception of this project for the remaining cultists? Is there any depths left to dredge besides them publicly running off with the money?

I posted about this upthread, but something that unmistakeably without a shadow of a doubt destroys their faith in Chris Roberts personally. We're not talking " a dead girl or a live boy", something that demonstrates outright contempt for backers or backer funds and cannot be rationalised away.

A meltdown blaming the backers for not pledging enough might do it. CIG's accounts could certainly do it if they reveal shocking extravagance. Turning up drunk or high to the Whale dinner and stammering out what he really thinks of them. Maybe a revelation in Sunk Cost Galaxy if it's big enough and embarrassing enough and easy enough to understand.

But it's gotta be personal and it's gotta be aimed directly at the backers, and it's gotta be from Chris himself. Anything else will be dismissed as lies or FUD or a goon plot, or will garner sympathy for "coping with the stress". Evidence that Sandi has spent millions on funding personal film projects wouldn't do it (too remote from the backers). Evidence that Chris used backer money to buy his house and his annual Porsche might do it (but I can hear "Chris is successful and deserves to be paid big bucks!" arguments now). Ben breaking down and revealing that Chris wipes his rear end with Issue Council bug reports while dictating memos about how to price the new Double Idris to bring in more suckers, ha ha these fucks will buy anything, hey Ben bring me another box of Wing Commander manuals I need to dry my hands would do it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Loxbourne posted:

I posted about this upthread, but something that unmistakeably without a shadow of a doubt destroys their faith in Chris Roberts personally. We're not talking " a dead girl or a live boy", something that demonstrates outright contempt for backers or backer funds and cannot be rationalised away.

A meltdown blaming the backers for not pledging enough might do it. CIG's accounts could certainly do it if they reveal shocking extravagance. Turning up drunk or high to the Whale dinner and stammering out what he really thinks of them. Maybe a revelation in Sunk Cost Galaxy if it's big enough and embarrassing enough and easy enough to understand.

But it's gotta be personal and it's gotta be aimed directly at the backers, and it's gotta be from Chris himself. Anything else will be dismissed as lies or FUD or a goon plot, or will garner sympathy for "coping with the stress". Evidence that Sandi has spent millions on funding personal film projects wouldn't do it (too remote from the backers). Evidence that Chris used backer money to buy his house and his annual Porsche might do it (but I can hear "Chris is successful and deserves to be paid big bucks!" arguments now). Ben breaking down and revealing that Chris wipes his rear end with Issue Council bug reports while dictating memos about how to price the new Double Idris to bring in more suckers, ha ha these fucks will buy anything, hey Ben bring me another box of Wing Commander manuals I need to dry my hands would do it.

They would switch their faith to somebody else (Erin, Ortwin, etc) just like thousands of other belief groups have told their founders/messiahs to go gently caress themselves if they become an annoyance. Suddenly, Crusader: No remorse, would become the best game ever, the one that changed their childhoods.

The only thing that can stop this train are the companies shutting down. Either for lack of money or for legal reasons(I doubt they'll shut them down out of decency). Which is why refunds and lawsuits are so scary.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 15, 2018

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Loxbourne posted:

You have to understand that we are dealing with people with either solid rubber brains or a single piece of sawdust in their inch thick skull where a brain usually resides.
Chris was outright caught buying Sandi upgraded airline tickets and saying 'the backers don't need to know'

Ask the backers how much money in bandwith they think was outright wasted due to no delta patcher for years, it makes them go into an error state and they can't answer, I think it either turns them off or blue screens them.

It's a real puzzler and you can't work it out because normal rules do not apply. It's like 4 + 4 = telephone

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I can taste colours

lol - true story, back in the 90's I was a bit of a raver and at one rave in some random warehouse somewhere in east London I imbibed an irresponsibly large quantity of :catdrugs: - well not specifically :catdrugs: - but you get the idea... anyways this resulted in me actually seeing the music (which was really really really loud) as coloured geometric and fractal shapes, which were constantly self transforming. It was all I could see. It was in fact pretty cool and good. This lasted for about 3 hours (although I am not certain about this, as along with all my other senses my perception of time was a bit shot.) This particular experience probably explains a lot, but if so the lessons lost on me :v:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Loxbourne posted:

A meltdown blaming the backers for not pledging enough might do it.

I'm pretty sure that'll already be in the handbook. Given that there have already been meltdowns in the past more or less along the same lines when the cash shop was rolled out and the like. The narrative of "we voted for this" is trotted often enough that a failure to reach the financial point that CIG thought they were going to reach wouldn't be placed at CIG's feet. It would be placed at everyone elses.

Look at everything that's been forgiven. From vacations to mansions to laughing about the backers never knowing to bitching about people not falling in love with cash shops to concept ship after concept ship after concept ship and a year and change for a patch.

I'm just a dumb dumb on the internet but I'll put my money on the current playbook being the playbook from here to extinction, when everyone just shuffles off. We're pretty much in the same boat. Neither camp's gonna budge while we wait to see if the burning airplane bereft of pilot or wings is going to perform a stunning perfect landing or just crash. Or explode in midair sometime over the next couple of months.

Though Chris Roberts is the keystone. If he wanted to the whole shibang could be unraveled with a sentence. Or being recorded doing so.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Galarox posted:

lol - true story, back in the 90's I was a bit of a raver and at one rave in some random warehouse somewhere in east London I imbibed an irresponsibly large quantity of :catdrugs: - well not specifically :catdrugs: - but you get the idea... anyways this resulted in me actually seeing the music (which was really really really loud) as coloured geometric and fractal shapes, which were constantly self transforming. It was all I could see. It was in fact pretty cool and good. This lasted for about 3 hours (although I am not certain about this, as along with all my other senses my perception of time was a bit shot.) This particular experience probably explains a lot, but if so the lessons lost on me :v:

I grew up in Manchester in the 90s, I've seen some poo poo lol

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

Like Manchester, in the 90s.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Were you a Hacienda regular? (24 Hour Party people is a v good film btw)

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol Manchester.

Who would have guessed that selling land tanks in Space Citizen would result in such lovely sales numbers.

It was the guy who guessed three million.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Do you think Chris ever plays that Sandi interview where she says that if gaming doesnt work out he can always get another job.

"How's that acting career coming along, babe?"

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

We can already do at least one!

:five:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<masterstroke>
<masterstroken>1</masterstroken>
</masterstroke>

:five:

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 15, 2018

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

The only thing that can stop this train are the companies shutting down. Either for lack of money or for legal reasons(I doubt they'll shut them down out of decency). Which is why refunds and lawsuits are so scary.

It wouldn't stop it. They'll just Double Fine it out. "Well here's all our assets. We're not going to do it anymore but you, as a community, are welcome to try."

Then all the TROO BELIFERS would jizz themselves about how they got good value for the money they put in.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Lens posted:

Though Chris Roberts is the keystone. If he wanted to the whole shibang could be unraveled with a sentence. Or being recorded doing so.

Imagine that C.R. one days spontaneously grows a conscience and decides that enough is enough. But Ortwin and the others disagree and nobody has control over the company itself (it now belongs to Coutts or whatever) so they cannot just finish the project outright. So Chris leaves, marries Derek, and -together- they began to poo poo on Star Citizen.

Do you think this would stop the guys at reddit from believing? I don't.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SoftNum posted:

It wouldn't stop it. They'll just Double Fine it out. "Well here's all our assets. We're not going to do it anymore but you, as a community, are welcome to try."

Then all the TROO BELIFERS would jizz themselves about how they got good value for the money they put in.

Well, as long as they don't keep giving money to the conmen then this is an acceptable outcome.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Well saying that something will outright stop a crowdsourced idiot konga is incorrect but it can be slowed down to the state of irrelevancy like what happened with SoA. The admission that they were having economic issues had clear and disastrous consequences for that project. Its dead for all intent and purposes, it just lingers around occasionally tricking a few of the idiots left to buy unity store assets for their poo poo virtual chatroom.

I dont think people here would be following SC anymore when its reduced to that state

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The Titanic posted:

Why’d you steal my sig for this post?

Or is it the secret code word to engage the secret plan we can’t discuss but people who are in the know know and haha omg it’s going to be great!

*wink wink nudge nudge*

Please keep these responses to platinum users channel only!

*Admin Message: User Warned commenting on Platinum only conversations in open channel*

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Galarox posted:

with thanks to Bofast and thanks to the others who responded, but Bofast's was perfect imo.

This is gold lvl trol

all teh thumbs

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

This implies the doors actually work.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Was just reading some articles on sensorimotor obsessions and was intrigued to discover Chris Roberts may be making the first-ever game that fully simulates what it's like to live with this condition. This passage stood out to me in particular:

awareness of specific body parts [e.g. perception of the side of one’s nose while trying to read or, as in the cases of a young boy and older man, a hyper-awareness of particular body parts such as their feet or fingers respectively]

You name it, Chris put it in the game. Awareness of breathing and heartbeat, a high-polygon immersion tongue, having your hands, feet, and legs being the focus of your gaze during immersion animations, nothing can hold a candle to Star Citizen when it comes to immersing you in a mental condition.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Nothing can stop this game.

quote:

pigJUSTAman

3h

Dragonfly spawns flipped most of the time. Back doors in cutlass black are sometimes missing after spawning, even claming doesnt fixes that. My friend is a ping pong ball. Mobiglass is play and pray so it doesn't crash. Equipping items needs to be done many times in order to success(not always). Struggling with delivery missions to Olisar.

quote:

rAxxt

2h

I was getting frequent freezing, especially during landing and takeoff. I found a partial fix - the bug seems to be related to audio. I turned off music and changed music dynamic range to 'medium' and I turned ship verbosity to 'low' and my crashes have been MUCH less frequent. Thought I'd share.

quote:

Msk2PL

29m

Oh, you're asking me about issues? The game is unplayable. I get 0.7 - 4 fps on average (that is not a typo), the airlock doors don't open, EVA thrusters don't work and the game can't even close itself, so I have to use the task manager every time I play. I have 8 gigs of ram, but I didn't expect the game to run this badly even with a massive page file to compensate for the lack of ram.

Also nothing can start it.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 15, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

They would switch their faith to somebody else (Erin, Ortwin, etc) just like thousands of other belief groups have told their founders/messiahs to go gently caress themselves if they become an annoyance. Suddenly, Crusader: No remorse, would become the best game ever, the one that changed their childhoods.

Yeah, the transfer of trust to Erin has been underway for some time, as Chris has damaged his own credibility so terribly in a marathon stretch of misleading guidance that includes Star Marine, Squadron and Alpha 3.0. So the fallback position has become “Chris is the Visionary, but Erin is the Get poo poo Done Guy. Erin’s managed big projects. Erin’s shipped lots of titles. Erin will save us, with his army of Dev rockstars like Chambers, Tony Z, Sean Tracy, etc.”

The narrative is easily falsified, as Erin has been there managing the big deliverables for years and hasn’t proven playmaker or Chris tamer. Mayberry was, I assume, the better shot CIG had at that but that ship sailed. So backers will get a chance to watch the Roberts family Troika and The League of Extra Ordinary Yes Men struggle valiantly against the demonic forces of Entropy and Expectation that Chris himself summoned reading from the spell books of sorcerers yet having not an ounce of magic left in him.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Star Citizen: I am friends with a ping pong ball

Jared has a new Youtube series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZwjLSPZMc

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 15, 2018

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Parpy is calling Bugsmashers guy a filthy slob, lol (13:08) https://youtu.be/yNZwjLSPZMc?t=788

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

If after experimenting and trying things with the "wait 85 minutes for a new spaceship, or pay extra to only wait 15 minutes" insurance gameplay mechanics, it turns out to not be fun, could CIG cancel this core value of the game that they sold at a premium with every single spaceship? Or is it now a legal requirement that Star Citizen not be fun?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Yeah, the transfer of trust to Erin has been underway for some time, as Chris has damaged his own credibility so terribly in a marathon stretch of misleading guidance that includes Star Marine, Squadron and Alpha 3.0. So the fallback position has become “Chris is the Visionary, but Erin is the Get poo poo Done Guy. Erin’s managed big projects. Erin’s shipped lots of titles. Erin will save us, with his army of Dev rockstars like Chambers, Tony Z, Sean Tracy, etc.”

The narrative is easily falsified, as Erin has been there managing the big deliverables for years and hasn’t proven playmaker or Chris tamer. Mayberry was, I assume, the better shot CIG had at that but that ship sailed. So backers will get a chance to watch the Roberts family Troika and The League of Extra Ordinary Yes Men struggle valiantly against the demonic forces of Entropy and Expectation that Chris himself summoned reading from the spell books of sorcerers yet having not an ounce of magic left in him.

this gives me an idea for a shop :)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel posted:

I can taste colours

Space is brown

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Virtual Captain posted:

Parpy is calling Bugsmashers guy a filthy slob, lol (13:08) https://youtu.be/yNZwjLSPZMc?t=788

Its amazing "In order to keep the quarterly release schedule we had planned we decided to ship a piece of poo poo early. So that means the first of the supposed four patches in the years schedule is going to be spent fixing the poo poo that should have been dealt with last year"

CIG, yo, you guys need to understand project management. 3 months into the new year you are wasting time fixing poo poo, that leaves you 3 months to go through all the poo poo that you want to add for the june patch, which actually means you got 1 month to do all of that before you have to send it through the testing pipelines.

e- Was this guy loving working with them in 2016 when they were already doing the "Time Driven" methodology and then switching to a feature driven one because he needs to evaluate WHY they switched from one to the other. Im sure that the reason why they switched over is because a whole year to release something broken and missing a ton of parts did a number on the citizens and on their own morale but if he cant correct the thinking that lead them to switch over like they did in 2016 then its only going to happen again.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 15, 2018

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

The kill switch theory is my favorite.

Posting from 100? pages back, but isnt the kill switch for SC the play game button?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its amazing "In order to keep the quarterly release schedule we had planned we decided to ship a piece of poo poo early. So that means the first of the supposed four patches in the years schedule is going to be spent fixing the poo poo that should have been dealt with last year"

CIG, yo, you guys need to understand project management. 3 months into the new year you are wasting time fixing poo poo, that leaves you 3 months to go through all the poo poo that you want to add for the june patch, which actually means you got 1 month to do all of that before you have to send it through the testing pipelines.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! "testing pipelines"

We don't need no steenkeeng testing pipelines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU

ee- also tell me more about your amazing AV link - I watched the vid a few times and I love it. Was this allowed on weibo (or whatever it's called) or was it insta-culled?

Galarox fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 15, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tnuctip posted:

Posting from 100? pages back, but isnt the kill switch for SC the play game button?

No, it's doorways.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

trucutru posted:

Suddenly, Crusader: No remorse, would become the best game ever, the one that changed their childhoods.
Crusader was pretty great, but if they took that tack more citizens might start asking why Tony Z is presented to them as the creator and designer of Crusader when he's only credited as a programmer.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Virtual Captain posted:

Star Citizen: I am friends with a ping pong ball

Jared has a new Youtube series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZwjLSPZMc

This needs to be Something Jones transcripted. It's the usual "um, er, er, um" stuff in the answers from the devs to perfectly legit questions, but I cba to transcribe, it takes a stronger man than me to wade through that poo poo. It strikes me as remarkable (or perhaps unremarkable - even expected) that, from the top down, Crobbles has infected every last part of this company with uncertainty fear and doubt. The por devs are like politicians put on the spot but without the slick get out of jail free answering by not answering ability that is every politicians stock in trade.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Galarox posted:

That's how everyone sees music. You were just normal for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Now isn't the time to focus on game instability, now is the time to restore alpha testing jobs shut down through excessive bug testing by ensuring that 3.0 is available to everyone. Now is the time to focus on providing the freedom to make purchases in the shop to restore the personal dignity trampled on by big publishers.