Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Hakutei to Mikochi is a really gorgeous and relaxing show. That said, I'm kinda disturbed by all of these sentient, talking animals eating fish. Are the fish not sentient, or able to speak? The bird couldn't talk either. How could a couple of beetles talk, but not a bird? :psyduck:

Don't think about where the meat comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I'm really digging the camping anime.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Beatless is out on Amazon Prime and it's already pulling out the memes:

Edit: Went ahead and made an OP since the visuals are at least, decent.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 15, 2018

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/953031798849753088

A minimum 8 month delay 4 months from your premiere is not a good sign.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Well, we had a good run. Farewell, everyone :smith:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Secretly a Girls' Last Tour prequel?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/953031798849753088

A minimum 8 month delay 4 months from your premiere is not a good sign.

i'm glad, because the worse arifureta does the fewer of its ilk will get animes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also the critical and commercial failure of arifureta is its own reward

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also the critical and commercial failure of arifureta is its own reward

What's up with arifureta? I've been out of the anime loop for a while, and missed whatever sins this series has committed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's up with arifureta? I've been out of the anime loop for a while, and missed whatever sins this series has committed.

sounds like it's just another bland trapped in another world thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's just a generic isekai thing

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

i want someone to adapt that isekai novel about the main dudes hot mom being a powerful swordswoman.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
we're going to get an anime of the ln about the guy who was obsessed with vending machines and got reincarnated as a talking vending machine and builds up a harem around his abilities to vend things instead

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Colonel posted:

sounds like it's just another bland trapped in another world thing

Oh.

It's really frustrating how such a good concept that's led to cool shows like Inuyasha, .hack//sign and such has become a one stop shop for bland, generic shows. :sigh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

adapt the isekai novel where the protagonist dies from not brushing his teeth and gets reincarnated as an orc and has to invent toothpaste so he and the other orcs dont die from tooth decay, and there's a self elf dentist lady who wants to extract his fangs to study them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

none of you have any idea if i just made that up or if it's actually real

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I can't tell if you're joking

E.F.B

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i want it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh.

It's really frustrating how such a good concept that's led to cool shows like Inuyasha, .hack//sign and such has become a one stop shop for bland, generic shows. :sigh:

We're probably going to get more Konosuba, so it's not all bad.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

none of you have any idea if i just made that up or if it's actually real

It's true. I'd watch an episode of that though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
eh, if you don't believe me about arifureta the show will prove my point for me next year

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

eh, if you don't believe me about arifureta the show will prove my point for me next year

Believe what, you didn’t say anything specific about it at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

#believewomen

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

it wont because i wont watch it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
arifuta

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
If I remember arifureta right it goes from MC completing a dungeon on his own with his ability then swerves into MC getting revenge on his classmates for bullying him by enslaving the :females: and killing the boys. I don't know if it or death march is worse, but both should be avoided.

Endorph posted:

adapt the isekai novel where the protagonist dies from not brushing his teeth and gets reincarnated as an orc and has to invent toothpaste so he and the other orcs dont die from tooth decay, and there's a self elf dentist lady who wants to extract his fangs to study them

This idea is too creative for web novels. Definitely fake.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

an elf who wants to tear my teeth out and wears a white coat i assume sounds sexy and exciting so I bet this isn't real

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Desuwa posted:

If I remember arifureta right it goes from MC completing a dungeon on his own with his ability then swerves into MC getting revenge on his classmates for bullying him by enslaving the :females: and killing the boys. I don't know if it or death march is worse, but both should be avoided.

:stonk:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

StandardVC10 posted:

Secretly a Girls' Last Tour prequel?

Unfortunately they enacted their plans too late.

The Colonel posted:

we're going to get an anime of the ln about the guy who was obsessed with vending machines and got reincarnated as a talking vending machine and builds up a harem around his abilities to vend things instead

How about the one where the dude reincarnates into a sword and can't do much until he gets picked up by a cute catgirl which he adopts and they have adventures as adoptive father and daughter.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh.

That's no different from any other popular genre, people just tend to forget the crappy forgettable ones. (well that and the economics of LNs make the barrier of entry lower, leading to more low quality stuff, and incentivizes terrible clichés that unfortunately sell well)

Still, I feel there's some interesting ones.

Nectar of Dharani for example, has the dude land in a fantasy world that's entering an industrial revolution, and while he gets fabulous magic powers, his real value lies in the technological advances he can provide in an increasingly mechanized world.
It's written by the guy who made Qwaser so obviously there's boobs and the sucking thereof, but the concepts are neat and I'm still curious on where it will go.

There's another where a dude gets summoned because he's a veterinarian and they wanted somebody who could teach them how to better take care of their magical beasts in order to bolster their military power. And no harem on sight.

This one I'll present without context because it amuses me:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 16, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

This one I'll present without context because it amuses me:

No, Goblin-kun! :cry:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

NotALizardman posted:

i want someone to adapt that isekai novel about the main dudes hot mom being a powerful swordswoman.

you want mom incest?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I bet Dav is holding out on the good mom incest

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

n-no!!! i just want hot moms!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fine, here's a cute girl with her hot mom (who is arguably cuter).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i read the chapter or two of the manga of that isekai mom thing. i think the idea was that it was about an infantilism fetish, rather than straight up incest. that is, the mom treated her teenage son like a toddler the whole time and i got the feeling it was supposed to be hot. but again, only a couple chapters have been translated so take that analysis with a grain of salt.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

i read the chapter or two of the manga of that isekai mom thing. i think the idea was that it was about an infantilism fetish, rather than straight up incest. that is, the mom treated her teenage son like a toddler the whole time and i got the feeling it was supposed to be hot. but again, only a couple chapters have been translated so take that analysis with a grain of salt.

:chloe:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When will the fetish for competent and independent adult women be catered to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

chumbler posted:

When will the fetish for competent and independent adult women be catered to?

Try Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Keijo, and Black Lagoon.

• Locked thread