Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I should probably also have added "who are not psychopaths" there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

chumbler posted:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Keijo, uhhh...

There's got to be more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

e: Simoun!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Keijo, uhhh...

There's got to be more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

e: Simoun!

I mean, you do wonder about the Major sometimes...

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

When will the fetish for competent and independent adult women be catered to?

MMO Junkie! So competent she was able to quit and live on her savings for ages.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

chumbler posted:

The Major's not a "psychopath", she's a state sanctioned assassin. The difference bein' one is a job and the other's a mental sickness.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i read the chapter or two of the manga of that isekai mom thing. i think the idea was that it was about an infantilism fetish, rather than straight up incest. that is, the mom treated her teenage son like a toddler the whole time and i got the feeling it was supposed to be hot. but again, only a couple chapters have been translated so take that analysis with a grain of salt.

I get the distinct feeling the LN appeals to anyone who likes the illustrator’s manga Ane Naru Mono

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

watch birdy the mighty

chumbler posted:

watch birdy the mighty: decode

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

chumbler posted:

Lady Lady, Akira Hiiragi and Kazami Torino from Valkyrie Drive.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you want a show about cool women fighting cool bad guys i would unironically recommend birdy the mighty, blood blockade battlefront and re:cutie honey

birdy decode s1 is a bit bigger on tsutomu but she still gets lots of cool scenes and s2 is an entire story about birdy with tsutomu functioning as basically just an observer and it's one of my favorite shows ever

bbb is a bit more general i guess but i'm still counting it, especially for some eps in s2

there are probably a lot of other shows i'm forgetting

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 16, 2018

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

The Major's not a "psychopath", she's a state sanctioned assassin. The difference bein' one is a job and the other's a mental sickness.

All Assassins literally have this sickness.

That's why it's a trope when you get an Assassin with a heart.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

moribito

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
o h woah this isn't the chat thread. I got through a whole episode of colors and like half an ep of slow start so thats my moe comedy quota out of the way. the gif of the girl getting headbutted by a dog made me laugh so maybe ill check out yurucamp

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

All Assassins literally have this sickness.

That's why it's a trope when you get an Assassin with a heart.

You missed the joke, dude.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gdmen is finally out. as i suspected men aren't as funny as girls, but its better than the lower tier shows like naria girls or straight title robot anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i want the applaud overlord season 2 for being courageous enough to make an anime episode for people that want to be lizards, gently caress lizards and all that sort of stuff. a brave new world for anime

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the brave lizardman warriors are moe af

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Davincie posted:

i want the applaud overlord season 2 for being courageous enough to make an anime episode for people that want to be lizards, gently caress lizards and all that sort of stuff. a brave new world for anime

Courage killed the cat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But he's such a cowardly dog!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

never thought I'd watch an episode of overlord or even spend a moment thinking about it but im going to, right now

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yuru Camp is so good, and I would be happy for it to go on forever covering every camp site in the world and eventually be about hypothetical campsites in space.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I wasn't as big a fan of the school club parts of ep 2, but they weren't *bad*, and the back half was fantastic. I feel like this show was made just for me.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
So I'm watching 5 shows from this season, which is just mind-blowing, especially when you look at the breadth of them: a half-human/half-fairy's further adventures into becoming the apprentice/wife of an otherworldly magician, four teenage girls plotting to go to Antarctica where one of their moms might be waiting and learning to be friends on the way, a dead-end family with a secret way of stopping time have to avoid upsetting a giant *thing* by not breaking rules they don't know, the driver of a rape-van becomes the patron of a half human/half badger/half-naked hardcore fighting machine, and a child soldier recovering from loss and battlefield injuries by learning what I Love You means. This stuff rules.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Liver Disaster posted:

Yuru Camp is so good, and I would be happy for it to go on forever covering every camp site in the world and eventually be about hypothetical campsites in space.

:same:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Liver Disaster posted:

They're going to get there in one cour what do you think the op is foreshadowing

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Who else is following sleeper hit of the season: Sanrio Boys? Everything is cute.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Alder posted:

Who else is following sleeper hit of the season: Sanrio Boys? Everything is cute.

You're cute.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I want to watch Killing Bites to see it as it sounds like it’d be up my alley but Amazon Canada still hasn’t put it up for streaming. Go Amazon.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alder posted:

:yeah:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wrong thread whoops

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 17, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Alder posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Ok Overlords readers, why tf are we going through all this bullshit about lizard people?

because overlord is bad

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
It feels like we've got enough people watching killing bites for a thread.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

superLINUS posted:

So I'm watching 5 shows from this season, which is just mind-blowing, especially when you look at the breadth of them: a half-human/half-fairy's further adventures into becoming the apprentice/wife of an otherworldly magician, four teenage girls plotting to go to Antarctica where one of their moms might be waiting and learning to be friends on the way, a dead-end family with a secret way of stopping time have to avoid upsetting a giant *thing* by not breaking rules they don't know, the driver of a rape-van becomes the patron of a half human/half badger/half-naked hardcore fighting machine, and a child soldier recovering from loss and battlefield injuries by learning what I Love You means. This stuff rules.

Wait, what's that last one?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jng2058 posted:

Wait, what's that last one?

Violet Evergarden.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/953458449526018050

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Eela6 posted:

It feels like we've got enough people watching killing bites for a thread.

If you want to make a thread for a show you should do it, regardless of how many people may or may not be watching. Some people might even choose to watch it just because you made a thread.

A thread nobody posts in is probably a few kilobytes of space, I'm sure lowtax can afford it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

A thread nobody posts in is probably a few kilobytes of space, I'm sure lowtax can afford it
he cant thats why we all have to listen to his podcast

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lowtax has a podcast?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He also has terrible t-shirts he made in MS Paint probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Aniplex continue to be bad at localization.

• Locked thread