Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Please I wanna go to Sharlayan

And get new healers and tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What was the island that Krile is from that got blown up? That was Sharlayan or no?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

^^^ Isle of Val, Sharlayan territory, I don't think we know anything more

Off the top of my head, there are a bunch of plot hooks for whatever 5.0 is. There's the continent of Meracydia to the south - maybe with a Thavnair/Radz-at-Han lead-in. Old Sharlayan and Aerslaent in the Northern Empty (island chain where roe sea wolves originated) are on the map now as well. There's a largely unknown western continent that the Mamool Ja are from - one of Merlwyb's claims to fame is leading a trading expedition there. And of course there are places on Aldenard and Othard that haven't shown up in game yet - Paglth'an, east of Ul'dah and south of Grid, is the Amalj'aa homeland, Nagxia is south of Yanxia and leads into the bit on the map with the big sandworm, that I think is called the Burn, and of course there's all of Hingashi. (Though maybe we're going there soon via the Jade Stoa/four divine beast primals they've teased.) I don't think 5.0 is gonna be Garlemald, but it could just be parts of Ilsabard - Garlemald itself is on the northern edge.

I'm pretty sure I spelled all of these wack-rear end place names right without needing to check, help me

also mostly beaten

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What was the island that Krile is from that got blown up? That was Sharlayan or no?

The Island of Val which is where the Students of Baldesion are located. The only ones we really know of are Krile and Galuf and that one catboy from the Crystal Tower quest. It was near Sharlayan territory though.

It should be noted that the kingdom Galuf and Krile are from in FFV is called Bal/Val Castle so it's probably an homage to that.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If we don't end up on the moon in one of these patches, it'll be the next expansion. I can't imagine they'd tease us like that if they weren't gonna pay it off soon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm pretty sure there will eventually be a moon expansion (unless the game somehow goes belly up and dies unexpectedly) but I don't think it'll be the next one. Considering it's implied that's where Zodiark hangs out it sounds to me like Final Expansion territory to me. Until they make further expansions covering who the hell knows which plots.

If invading Garlemald isn't 5.0 it'll be 6.0 instead.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 16, 2018

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Thavnir would also be pretty good thematically for BLU/DNC.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Let's go to Ivalice!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

HenryEx posted:

Low-key really enjoying the music in the steppes. I even turned off mount music for it.

But why do i have to champion the weirdo tribespeople that constantly get mildly trolled by their gods' whispering?
"Oh holy spirits, please give me guidance!"
"YO, YOU'RE IN CHARGE OF DINNER TONIGHT."
"Uh, why me? And what should i even prepare? I don't know much about-"
"HAVE FUN."

Why not one of the cool ones, like those i stumbled upon in some cave, who got their gods to go all biblical revelation on their rear end and got owned so hard they went "holy poo poo we hosed up" and became a tribe of tibetan monks abandoned by the gods, living in total equality?

Not a fan of the silly dragon furry people in general, but they did a real good job on the steppes, great area. Lots of character, just wandering around you can find shepherds and their animals scattered around. Aside from the usual ludicrously ginormous architecture, it looks like a very real, if spatially condensed, place.

They got murderated. Like, several tribes are tribes in name only, because all their extant holdings are holes in the ground from being extirpated by inter-tribe conflict.

ImpAtom posted:

The Island of Val which is where the Students of Baldesion are located. The only ones we really know of are Krile and Galuf and that one catboy from the Crystal Tower quest. It was near Sharlayan territory though.

Gary Stu catgril from the CT series. Also, I think every NPC in that one research camp to the east of More Donuts is too.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

One, and maybe even optimal before you get heat at 52 is (banked Slug proc) -> RF -> WF -> Reload -> Slug -> Split -> Reassembled Clean -> Split -> Quick Reload -> Slug -> Clean. If you don't have that proc ready, start with Split.

After you have heat mechanic, go into overheat at 95 with Hot Shot or Split/procced Slug and proceed as usual. I don't have anything set on rotating the post-50 oGCDs like Gauss and Ricochet beyond "see if WF is still on for them".

TL;DR Ensure you have bullets for the 1-2-3 combo to guarantee their procs for next part.

Fair enough - that’s pretty helpful. Interesting that you say you only need Slug Shot procced - I’ve been popping my cooldowns when I have an Enhanced Slug Shot and Cleaner Shot ready to go and been using my Reassemble on the Cleaner Shot.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They got murderated. Like, several tribes are tribes in name only, because all their extant holdings are holes in the ground from being extirpated by inter-tribe conflict.

Gary Stu catgril from the CT series. Also, I think every NPC in that one research camp to the east of More Donuts is too.

G'raha Tia is my anime husband and I will not hear a word against him.

Rammbroes, on the other hand, has an absolutely amazing name.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

vOv posted:

Thavnir would also be pretty good thematically for BLU/DNC.

They also have a history of alchemy which would be good for Chemist.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

Let's go to Ivalice!

we already are :mad:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

G'raha Tia is my anime husband and I will not hear a word against him.

Rammbroes, on the other hand, has an absolutely amazing name.

Oh, he was my anime husbando too.

Up until HW came out, and then I could thieve his gear for my own personal use as a tank.

ImpAtom posted:

They also have a history of alchemy which would be good for Chemist.

Realistically, I think Chemist gets bolted onto MCH, the same way GEO got bolted onto AST.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Idyllshire and areas around it were basically Sharlayan, I don't think we will see more of the same theme. Thavnair seems logical, but it also seems to be quite small? Maybe only as a part of some next expansion. SB was heavily influenced by East Asia, so I don't think there will be another expansion based on the same theme, at least not in 5.0, they will want to come up with something new.

Edit: Sub-Saharan Africa or maybe Mesoamerican expansion?

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 16, 2018

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Realistically, I think Chemist gets bolted onto MCH, the same way GEO got bolted onto AST.

Geomancers are literally Conjurers in the AST questline. Just replace the shroud elementals with the Hingashian spirits.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I could see Geomancers as having been the CNJ dps options if they actually stuck with / expanded having more than one Job per Class.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Geomancers are literally Conjurers in the AST questline. Just replace the shroud elementals with the Hingashian spirits.

They're a little different flavor text wise. They have barriers and such that the WHM jobs don't, but that is also easily something that could be added to WHM in future expansions,.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ImpAtom posted:

They're a little different flavor text wise. They have barriers and such that the WHM jobs don't, but that is also easily something that could be added to WHM in future expansions,.

That's true, but I read it as similar to the barrier that used to protect the shroud, that was created / maintained by the elementals and conjurers.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Thavnair could very easily be like Kugane and be a gateway to... Well... A lot of places.

Next patch, either we go full hog on the Garleans, which would take us to Ilsabard, or we don't do that and probably go to Meracydia. The New World's a bit far off for us to be getting to just yet, and if we're going to go to the Moon we're probably going to go to Meracydia first since that's OG Dragonland and Midgardsomr is literally from space plus, Meracydia is pretty close to Mysida namewise so that's probably where any Blue Whale shenanigans are going to happen, which would allow us to get to the Moon in the first place.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ImpAtom posted:

Y'shtola is a conjurer and does barrier stuff too. It works better in cutscenes than gameplay, since WHM is the "no shields you must have the regens" job.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I feel like at some point we are going to have to unite with the beast tribes so they could make their home turf into new zones for an expansion as we try to make peace. They could even do a sahagan underwater area now too. I think a zone based on the Xephatol dungeon for the Ixal with zip lines and bridges and balloons and stuff could be kinda cool too.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just got MIN & BTN to level 70 and have absolutely no gear for them. Worth getting Ala Mhigan now or should I wait to see what 4.2 brings? Should I just get the Serge gear (I think it's ilvl 290) for now? I can afford Ala Mhigan with out it breaking the bank too badly, but i also want to keep around 20mil in the bank for a potential house when 4.2 hits.

What do?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

ShowTime posted:

I just got MIN & BTN to level 70 and have absolutely no gear for them. Worth getting Ala Mhigan now or should I wait to see what 4.2 brings? Should I just get the Serge gear (I think it's ilvl 290) for now? I can afford Ala Mhigan with out it breaking the bank too badly, but i also want to keep around 20mil in the bank for a potential house when 4.2 hits.

What do?

If you can only buy, wait for 4.2. If nothing else it should lower prices on the entry level 70 stuff. If you're in a goon FC, gather the mats for the Serge gear (plus weapons) and ask in-game/on Discord if anyone will craft them for you.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I feel like at some point we are going to have to unite with the beast tribes so they could make their home turf into new zones for an expansion as we try to make peace. They could even do a sahagan underwater area now too. I think a zone based on the Xephatol dungeon for the Ixal with zip lines and bridges and balloons and stuff could be kinda cool too.

ARR has its own unified Beast Tribe Questline for maxing all reps. So does HW. It goes to stand that SB will also have its own.

Unless you're talking about combining all three together. In that case, your guess is as good as any.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
God stone vigil (hard) loving sucks

Spent like 15-20 minutes on the turtle boss because the dragoon refused to clear adds off me. Then after dying I got to watch our Scholar Swiftcast PHYSICK to heal the dragoon. Thank loving god we did the last fight the first try

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The stone vigil hm turtle you shouldn't ever have to worry about clearing adds or healing. everyone gets a cannon and shoots poo poo. that's the entire fight. no one should be doing anything that isn't shooting a cannon in that fight.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
well then idk what we were loving up because we'd all die to adds bar the tank, and then we'd lose when the npcs died

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pupuru posted:

well then idk what we were loving up because we'd all die to adds bar the tank, and then we'd lose when the npcs died

the turtle goes invincible when adds are up. you're supposed to shoot the adds with cannons.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Aevis enemies go after players and they knock people off of cannons. They die in two cannon shots though so they shouldn't knock anyone off cannons because they should die immediately.

Failure of them to die immediately is loving up using the cannons properly.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

pupuru posted:

You gotta work as a team. Cannon has a minimum range that can't hit the adds attacking you, so you gotta clear your teammate's adds, with the expectation that they'll do the same.

Sounds like you got stuck with a bunch of selfish-rear end jerks.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

dammit raid drops, all I want is Amon's loving hat

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

TFRazorsaw posted:

dammit raid drops, all I want is Amon's loving hat

Same, but with the Rabanasty tank boots.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The CT series could really stand to have it's loot work like the HW and SB 24mans now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so that was Sephirot

or as I call him

"how can we make Titan again, but more"

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

ARR has its own unified Beast Tribe Questline for maxing all reps. So does HW. It goes to stand that SB will also have its own.

Unless you're talking about combining all three together. In that case, your guess is as good as any.

I'm talking about MSQ wise where we might try to make peace with the beast tribes as a whole to stop the cycle of primal summoning and possibly gently caress up the garleans and not just chilling with small pockets of oddballs and rejects. Like to me it just seems like that will eventually happen. Like maybe too many are tempered now but I always assumed their home areas that we haven't visited yet had a bunch of non tempered folks.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

so that was Sephirot

or as I call him

Same fight designer IIRC. Probably one of my favorite EX primals, and the hardest one I've cleared synced.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

TFRazorsaw posted:

so that was Sephirot

or as I call him

At least Titan didn't Skip Leg Day (Hard)

just wait 'til you see Skip Leg Day (Extreme)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TFRazorsaw posted:

so that was Sephirot

or as I call him

The edge is calling tonight. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I'm talking about MSQ wise where we might try to make peace with the beast tribes as a whole to stop the cycle of primal summoning and possibly gently caress up the garleans and not just chilling with small pockets of oddballs and rejects. Like to me it just seems like that will eventually happen. Like maybe too many are tempered now but I always assumed their home areas that we haven't visited yet had a bunch of non tempered folks.
I suspect any Garlean narrative is going to involve dealing with people who are sick of this Empire bullshit and would gladly cut a deal and retreat to Ilsabard to become ceruleum barons, if it wasn't for these psychopaths having all the machina. Their empire is what, two generations old at this point?