Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Finally back in our house after the flooding in August, got the garage cleaned up, weights and rack in place.

What's the protocol for deloading 10% at a time before the weights get so light that I give up, start going to Zumba classes, and die from shame? Because this poo poo is sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Switching up the gyms you go to if you belong to a big box gym is always fun. There was always better sights at the gym I used to go to on the weekends at my last gym.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've been at the same gym for >7 years.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I bought my house in part because it's only 3 miles away.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
That's the kicker about my new Gold's - I had to force myself to go there because it's 10 mins away, as opposed to the smaller local Gold's 3 mins down the road. Best decision I've made in 2018 so far.
It's a real fresh motivator for some reason.

sassassin posted:

I've been at the same gym for >7 years.
But if you find a great one - no reason to change. A gym with great personalities and positive people around you forces you to pick your chin up and work harder.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dennis McClaren posted:

Thanks for the kind words and support my dudes. I love nothing more than the gym. For better or worse.

I went in to do back today. Got a nice satisfying Lat pump going on.

4x 25 pullups
4x Bent over Rows
4x Close grip lat pulldown

Good work on your back. Your calves betray you though. They are not loyal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
friendly reminder that for whatever reason

girls loving love calves. climb a stair.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

friendly reminder that for whatever reason

girls loving love calves. climb a stair.

Leg muscles are gently caress muscles, and calves are the biceps of legs

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm as middleweight as they come with middling definition but at least I've got good calves, shame they're wildly hairy

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Somfin posted:

Leg muscles are gently caress muscles, and calves are the biceps of legs

thats literally the hamstrings

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Defiant Sally posted:

thats literally the hamstrings

I meant in terms of their role as show muscles

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

ElectricSheep posted:

I'm as middleweight as they come with middling definition but at least I've got good calves, shame they're wildly hairy

Don't doxx me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I went skiing last week and I haven't been for years, so last time was before I started seriously going to the gym.

Man. I could just smash down the mountain. Not much soreness other than some calf/shin stuff. Best leg day is ski day.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Had my first session of my strongman/PL hybrid training today. I am absolutely loving hosed. Ive never had that kind of lactic burn and compression, desire to uncontrollably vomit everywhere and poo poo my pants all at the same time. Also sweated like ive never sweated before. Stumbling around the gym like a newborn calf with my legs collapsing underneath me with all the 5pm gym babes and bros staring at me like id just crawled out of a natural disaster, with my coach laughing at me like some kind of sadist.

After the cambered bar walk (substitute for yoke until one arrives), , med ball over bar (substitute for stones) and the loving sled push of death i was sure i was about to be RIP. Followed with some light accessory shoulder mobility/health and core.

Doing a million deadlifts and sauntering around the gym not really breaking a sweat as i was prior to this was nothing. This next 12 weeks is going to be insane. Looking forward to it and getting access to some proper strongman equipment.

Thought i was strong before. I was very wrong

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 15, 2018

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Reloaded from my reload, holy poo poo it's all coming back now. And it hurts in the best way.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dennis McClaren posted:

But if you find a great one - no reason to change. A gym with great personalities and positive people around you forces you to pick your chin up and work harder.

Nah they're all cunts.

Was supposed to get back today but the shoulder still feels off. I'm so bored though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
How did I ever manage to go to the gym without taking a sauna session afterward oh my god :kimchi:

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Dang. I farted on every rep of my deadlifts today....

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Grump posted:

Dang. I farted on every rep of my deadlifts today....

Blessed

There's a weird grunty dude at the gym and he's getting weirder. Today he was just leaving trails of sweat everywhere, like actual pools of it, and he was dripping on the loving plates. It's disgusting and I'm starting to hate him.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Throw salt on him

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Just had a week off because of the flu. Hello leg day!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Deadlifted for the first time in a month, got up to 2 final sets of 315 and didn't feel a back twinge.
Huzzah, I'm back!

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

On adding weight to my Incline bench, I grabbed three 10lb plates thinking I could hold them, but the middle slipped out and onto the floor, pinching my left index finger in the process.

Finished out the rest of the workout with a really gnarly blood blister. Was so good to get home and lance it, but drat it sucked.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hemale in pain posted:

Blessed

There's a weird grunty dude at the gym and he's getting weirder. Today he was just leaving trails of sweat everywhere, like actual pools of it, and he was dripping on the loving plates. It's disgusting and I'm starting to hate him.
Collect the sweat with a rag and wring it into a bottle. When the bottle is full dump out his own water bottle and fill it with the sweat while he's doing a set

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

On adding weight to my Incline bench, I grabbed three 10lb plates thinking I could hold them, but the middle slipped out and onto the floor, pinching my left index finger in the process.

Finished out the rest of the workout with a really gnarly blood blister. Was so good to get home and lance it, but drat it sucked.

shameful grip strength

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

my lord how has it taken so long for me to find my fellow swolemates in this here thread

ANYWAYS my loving iron monger gym just went and closed up shop. They were closed for two weeks for renovations and then decided "yup we're not re-opening cya"

I miss my platforms and my squat racks.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

shameful grip strength

I know :negative: I'm ashamed

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

today i had a shtity workout because a group of dickheads was hogging 10 plates for the hour i was there and had the temerity to whine at me for taking one they were 'using' that was just left on the floor. they were doing bullshit fake squats with knee wraps and weight belts and elevated heels and chalk and some spotting that was just outright assisting.

they spent a loving eternity helping one guy build up to a 5 plates a side squat, apparently needing to take off and put back on their knee wraps every set. he didnt loving manage to do the 5 plates anyway, he got down halfway and then had to be helped back up, then they spent 20 minutes congratulating each other and still insisting they were using the plates.

all that was missing was chris pratt and a make-a-wish official helping this manchild achieve his dream of cosplaying as a heavy lifter.

good god i have patience but my gym has like 14 20kg plates total, and if you have 10 of them and are loving around to such an extent it is very irritating. if they'd taken off all their bullshit gear and just done the exercise properly they could have got a good workout with far fewer plates. they werent even new years resolutioners, they were regulars who i have never before seen train legs.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
What is a side squat

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

it's not "side squat," it's a squat with five plates on each side of the bar.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

aegof posted:

it's not "side squat," it's a squat with five plates on each side of the bar.

So a 5 plate squat.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

sassassin posted:

So a 5 plate squat.

That's two plates on each side and one balanced on your head, dumbass.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Really? I always squeeze it between my buttcheeks.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
hot

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Just lol if you're not squatting with a 45 hanging off your raging erection

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Cockpushups? One is all you need.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Chief McHeath posted:

That's two plates on each side and one balanced on your head, dumbass.

Ah yes, warming up for a Devo rep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Just lol if you even squat unless its to pick up a dumbell for curling