Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Oh good luck mode works even without a save present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

the fact that the game is filled with dozens of cool, mostly meaningless set-pieces like that is one of my favorite parts.

I love being able to sit in chairs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

I love being able to sit in chairs

there's one time you can do it before a boss fight and it loving owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget which of the portable ones it is but they filled the castle with furniture collectibles and you get your own room that you can fill with crap and just sit in for no reason. It's wonderful

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

I forget which of the portable ones it is but they filled the castle with furniture collectibles and you get your own room that you can fill with crap and just sit in for no reason. It's wonderful

Good Feels

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

STARTED

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this is a great vita game experience

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDGHlqd4nsc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this is too wacky, not sir-ish at all

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Harmony of Dissonance

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lol I’m playing luck mode and thank god I remember where the secret elevators are

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Early jeweled knuckle / Mirror cuirass hype

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it would be badass if someone made a romhack like the metroid one, where it gave you challenge rooms and randomized weapons to beat them with. i tend to fall back on the standbys in terms of gear, but there's some really cool combos you can do.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The environmental details in this game are epic. I got to the Colosseum and there's a room with a huge bloody butcher's knife hanging and a table, and the next room has a butchered behemoth corpse

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

The environmental details in this game are epic. I got to the Colosseum and there's a room with a huge bloody butcher's knife hanging and a table, and the next room has a butchered behemoth corpse

Is absolutely incredible. The amount of detail is fantastic. Also, the fact that every weapon has hidden properties as well, like Strike damage and stuff. But it’s all hidden from the player. I love it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

CRITICAL!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my favorite crazy-rear end parts of the game are (these are all fairly big spoilers for cool items, so don't read them if you're trying to play fresh):

finally getting the duplicator and going nuts with thrown items and meal tickets

shield rod combos that you might never see but that have some of the most beautiful animations

things like terminus, or sword of dawn, which have these crazy moves that aren't really listed and you need to figure out

being able to equip a chakra or a fist weapon and dramatically change your fighting style

the hidden familiar quests

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this game is so good and im glad to play it again after all these years

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Are there really 40 imps? Anyway Symphony of the Night post incoming

kill whoever voted for crashbbandicoot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

kill whoever voted for crashbbandicoot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I voted for Crash.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I voted for Crash.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ui didnt know there was a vote

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the music in SOTN is incredible

for genesis how about comix zone

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
comix zone is pretty loving hard, from what i remember

my personal vote is kid chameleon since it has dozens of secret paths, and the platforming is fun. it's also fairly challenging.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve been playing a ton since I got home today, I just beat Orlox. He was an rear end in a top hat. Being a bat owns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I’ve been playing a ton since I got home today, I just beat Orlox. He was an rear end in a top hat. Being a bat owns

orlox has an extremely good chair

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really hate loving around with all of the skeezy emulation sites that feel like they're each giving my computer a different virus

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Rocket Knight Adventures, Shinobi 3, Contra Hard Corps

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dynamite Headdy is a good Genesis/Treasure game . It's on Steam & the Wii eshop too

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

goferchan posted:

Dynamite Headdy is a good Genesis/Treasure game . It's on Steam & the Wii eshop too

Yeah

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

goferchan posted:

Ooh that's a good one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

That's a good choice I think, I've only played a little but it was cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dynamite heady is nice but have you considered Magical Hat no Buttobi Tabo! Daibōken, the japanese version of decap attack

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was going to put in Contra Hard Corps and Castlevania Bloodlines because they're 2 games I've never beaten before but want to. Getting a ton of Genesis suggestions, we might need to think of a way to condense these so there's not a 30 option poll

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I was going to put in Contra Hard Corps and Castlevania Bloodlines because they're 2 games I've never beaten before but want to. Getting a ton of Genesis suggestions, we might need to think of a way to condense these so there's not a 30 option poll

Shadowrun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania Bloodlines sucks. But what do I know, I voted for Crash

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Shadowrun would be cool because it’s a cyberpunk rpg in genesis and it would be so Not every game we pick is the same loving genre

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
please do not ask me to play castlevania bloodlines again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I looked up a video of Shadowrun gameplay and it has the most Sega Genesis music imaginable

• Locked thread