Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/MatthiasBeekie/status/953121814087110656
imma miss this guy when he's gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Organized player celebrations good, coaches talking poo poo, bad.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

coaches talking poo poo can be good but they have to be willing to follow through. None of this bullshit apology or pretending you didn't do it crap. You do it, you better own it in the press conference afterwords

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

coaches talking poo poo can be good but they have to be willing to follow through. None of this bullshit apology or pretending you didn't do it crap. You do it, you better own it in the press conference afterwords

Agreed. Which makes PayPay a super bitch!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

I know your thing is being a doofus but he owned it

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/953364944397000704

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hot take: more coaches should act like real human beings and not emotionless joyless automatons.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hot take: more coaches should act like real human beings and not emotionless joyless automatons.

Agreed, I was so pissed when Koetter apologized for the 28-3 twitter burn that he 100% had no part in anyway.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

As far as the celebration, I would say it is what it is, and we're looking ahead to next season :geno:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
nah, coaches need to shut the gently caress up and take it out on the press, that way everybody wins.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

Agreed, I was so pissed when Koetter apologized for the 28-3 twitter burn that he 100% had no part in anyway.

hottake, mocking the Falcons collapse didn't sit well with the former coach of NFL QB Matt Ryan.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

hottake, mocking the Falcons collapse didn't sit well with the former coach of NFL QB Matt Ryan.

If that were true it would be the dumbest poo poo ever.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I know your thing is being a doofus but he owned it

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/953364944397000704

I know your thing is being a douche, but I wasn't referring to this instance. I'm referring to him acting like he didn't remember making a choking sign at Freeman...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I know your thing is being a douche, but I wasn't referring to this instance. I'm referring to him acting like he didn't remember making a choking sign at Freeman...

You could have been a lot more clear about what you meant.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Hmm yes I see that now

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

You could have been a lot more clear about what you meant.

I assumed by you typing "pretending you didn't do crap" was a direct response to the whole Freeman fiasco.

And Joey my thing is not being a dufus :colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I assumed by you typing "pretending you didn't do crap" was a direct response to the whole Freeman fiasco.

And Joey my thing is not being a dufus :colbert:

I typed literally none of those words.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

I typed literally none of those words.

Gdi Ill see myself out

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
16 degrees here and everything is nearly shut down.

This has been an extremely weird and chilly winter, if just for the fact that it's actually closed. Last year yesterday I think we had a high of 81.

It does make for a pretty scene outside when everything is covered in snow.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its 33 here and it's a lovely wet snow that nobody could possibly like

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

This has been an extremely weird and chilly winter, if just for the fact that it's actually closed. Last year yesterday I think we had a high of 81.

I'm at work because the facility administration is very, very dumb. I-10, the causeway, and lots of other roads and bridges are closed, but lol come in to work, y'all.

Even the cafeteria workers are smarter than the people actually in charge; they didn't come in to work today.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ That always was frustrating. Especially how many many professions can work remotely these days. Or when your employer forces you in, making you drive 2 hours in the snow white knuckling it the whole time, only to be like :v: ok the roads are super bad everyone go home early!

Silly Burrito posted:

Do you all have salt trucks and means to clear snow and ice or do you just need to wait for it all to melt?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

^ That always was frustrating. Especially how many many professions can work remotely these days. Or when your employer forces you in, making you drive 2 hours in the snow white knuckling it the whole time, only to be like :v: ok the roads are super bad everyone go home early!

Do you all have salt trucks and means to clear snow and ice or do you just need to wait for it all to melt?

We do have salt trucks, but at least in BR, they're mainly keeping one bridge open. I-10 and I-12 are closed. They're just telling everyone to stay off the roads if they can.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It snowed in Louisiana? drat.

lol global warming amirite guys? AMIRITE? GAI'S?!?! :freezes to death on the bayou:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

I just want to pop in and say that I really admire just how much you all loving hate each other.

Respect.

Yo gently caress you and the horse you rode in on

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hola from Mexico amigos. Sorry to hear about your cold weather~~!!~~ <3

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's loving cold out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

am i the only person in this thread north of the mason-dixon

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Hola from Mexico amigos. Sorry to hear about your cold weather~~!!~~ <3

Niiiiiiiiiiice, have fun! Where abouts in Mexico? I wish I was on a beach with a drink in hand right about now :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

WAC is in Chicago.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

It snowed in Louisiana? drat.

lol global warming amirite guys? AMIRITE? GAI'S?!?! :freezes to death on the bayou:

I went outside and took a picture of my house and yard all covered in snow and made it my phone background so that in three months when it's 85 degrees and above, I can remember. Hell, it's supposed to be 72 on Saturday.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

WAC is in Chicago.

I was up until almost 2 years ago. The fam and I ditched the snow and cold for Arizona.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I was up until almost 2 years ago. The fam and I ditched the snow and cold for Arizona.

still counts!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Alaois posted:

still counts!

Yeah, I spent 35 years there so I know the pain. Also Barudak is from Chicago as well I recently found out.

Where do you live?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

Nah, I’m in Portland where it was mostly sunny and in the 50s yesterday. Baton Rouge has gotten more snow this year than we have. It’s been a pretty mild winter so far.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yeah, I spent 35 years there so I know the pain. Also Barudak is from Chicago as well I recently found out.

Where do you live?

just outside Newark, New Jersey

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nah, I’m in Portland where it was mostly sunny and in the 50s yesterday. Baton Rouge has gotten more snow this year than we have. It’s been a pretty mild winter so far.

I've been mulling moving to the PNW for... well my entire loving life. How is it Oregon?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Climate change? What climate change? :rolleyes:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You get to deal with the 12s on a regular basis huh? Goondolences.

Alaois posted:

just outside Newark, New Jersey

Ah ok. What is your average winter in NJ? Do you get dumped on and frigid temps? Seems like it's pretty decent right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I've been mulling moving to the PNW for... well my entire loving life. How is it Oregon?

Oregon was way high up on my list when we were deciding where to move. It is beautiful and the few times I was out there I absolutely loved it.

• Locked thread