Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Hugh Malone posted:

So many money cheats rn, across platforms

Mostly involving having a facility or bunker/moc and a friend w/ a custom retro elegy tho

beware the dupe detectors

I'm down to only 15 Elegy Retro bonds. I've bought everything and don't know what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Save for the next update

Also if you have a balance of like 20mil, and have sold enough crates, your office looks like a bank vault exploded

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Also speaking of exploitative labor, I spent some time last weekend watching YouTube in my office while I sent low level pubbies to steal cars and source crates for me

Somewhat effective, also entertaining watching them work on tv from the couch

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rockstar took all my money back before Gunrunning and it was nice to have a clean office again

was also nice having like 60 X80s to sell

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
How's the speed of Deluxo compared to the Buzzard? And how soon into buying a facility is the job to get the trade price on said Deluxo?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

How's the speed of Deluxo compared to the Buzzard? And how soon into buying a facility is the job to get the trade price on said Deluxo?

You just have to do two heist prep missions, one in freeroam where you go steal 4 of them and then an actual setup mission with them.

You can solo the stealing of 4 but you'll probably have to do it in halves unless your facility is in the city (you eventually run out of time but the number you've already secured persists so the next time you only need to grab the missing amount) and it takes loving forever because they're not upgraded and don't fly yet.

Speed wise they feel slower but they handle about a trillion times better. You can't VTOL though which may be something to consider. You can just pull up from a dead stop and get into the air but you will move forwards not just up.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Welp, I'm glad I asked! Buddy of mine who did the missions for them mentioned them behaving like VTOLs, which was definitely a selling point for me.

Still seems like a very useful vehicle otherwise.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Deluxo is quite a bit slower in straight-line flight than the Buzzard, but has a lot of advantages, too. You can go to ground where it's faster, you can crash it into buildings without exploding, better missiles.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
That's another question: how strong is fully upgraded armor? I was running a Lester job with someone who had it. He got stuck in an alleyway with it and must have rammed it hard into the sides at least 20+ times, got shot a bunch, and it wasn't even smoking.

I'm interested in speed mostly due to where my bunker is located. I got it in the cheapest location (at the top of map) in the starter bundle R* sells, but I'm not thrilled with the travel time from the bunker back to my office, even in the Buzzard.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There’s also a weird thing (and I’m pretty sure it’s actually a thing that affects all aircraft) where if you have space to go around in hover mode (wheels up but no wings). it’s actually really fast compared to how fast it goes at altitude but due to the handling it’s best to do that only in really open areas like the Alamo sea.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

That's another question: how strong is fully upgraded armor? I was running a Lester job with someone who had it. He got stuck in an alleyway with it and must have rammed it hard into the sides at least 20+ times, got shot a bunch, and it wasn't even smoking.

I'm interested in speed mostly due to where my bunker is located. I got it in the cheapest location (at the top of map) in the starter bundle R* sells, but I'm not thrilled with the travel time from the bunker back to my office, even in the Buzzard.

That is where my bunker is too and yeah it's just the price we have to pay for being cheapskates. You're not gonna get anything particularly fast as the crow flies so your choices are fly there like you're doing now or find a (hopefully really fast) car you love driving to make the trip less tedious.

I would say buy a deluxo anyway though if you have the cash, it's fun as hell to just whip it around the city cutting in an out of flight mode. Saves calling for your buzzard in contact missions too if you put the weapons on it.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna suck it up. I hate the idea of blowing 1.65 million on relocating the bunker just to cut travel time down, which would also waste the freebie I got out of the pack. That's money better spent on an MOC so I can slap guns on the deluxo.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coupedeville posted:

dumb gay game bad

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna suck it up. I hate the idea of blowing 1.65 million on relocating the bunker just to cut travel time down, which would also waste the freebie I got out of the pack. That's money better spent on an MOC so I can slap guns on the deluxo.

If you have a facility get the Avenger instead.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Not gonna lie, the Avenger is way cooler. Will I still be able to access the Mobile Operation missions the MOC normally hands out with the Avenger?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
It was answered already but the whole story on the Deluxo is this:

It has three modes: Car, Hovercar, and Flight. You press a button to engage hover mode (lets you skim across water/ignore the ground, hard to control) and pull back on the stick to deploy the wings and ascend.

It's slow as gently caress while flying in a straight line (You will be outrun by every other flight capable vehicle in the game basically), but hovering just above the ground or driving normally it's reasonably quick for a car. The flight doesn't behave like anything else in the game, you sort of tilt the vehicle up or down and drive in that direction to ascend or descend. You can cut the hover to drop straight down, but you can't fly straight up (though you can ascend backwards by tilting down and going in reverse if you're already flying).

The main advantage it has in flight is maneuverability. You can stop/spin on a dime in hover mode, which is hilarious when you're being chased by a Buzzard or even a Hydra - if they're using missiles it's very easy to just out-maneuver them and score a lock with your better missiles.

So far as armor goes, I don't have the exact counts but it seems to be just as tough as any other normal car with 100% armor upgrades.

Really the idea is that you can save time with the flight by just skipping what would usually be difficult sections of road by flying over them, or use your hover mode to find cover/avoid danger - a Buzzard is still quicker for point-to-point travel.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The deluxo is fantastic for doing IE and crate stuff. It makes it so much easier to get to the target car/crate, do whatever is needed, then summon it back after you warehouse your thing

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Dunno if it's accurate, but the speedometer in 1st person mode shows 80mph while flying in the Deluxo. They missed the ball there to make it 88. It also can be used in lieu of a boat, except when you jump out as the driver it opposite reactions away from you a fair distance.

Just picked one up and am loving it so far for missions and supply stuff since I tend to splat a lot when trying to Oppressor: https://gfycat.com/AcidicGoldenFanworms

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017
The Secret Advantage to the Deluxo is that you get to store it in your garage and summon it like a car, which makes it more slightly more convenient than the Buzzard if you're not a CEO.

It's also completely impossible to hit with homing rockets if you're paying the tiniest bit of attention. Thing can duck and weave better than anything in the air.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Just got my vehicle warehouse up to 32 cars. What's the order to maximize sales? I think I saw somewhere on here it's "Sell, source, kill time (VIP work or a quick mission), repeat". Or was there some other way to do it?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Pretty much. I think the cool down for sales is 20 minutes, so whatever you find yourself enjoying during that time works!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Yep, and it's 20 min./car, so if you sell in a group it stacks up.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Can you use the Avenger for IE pickups and deliveries? That would be cooler than ye olde cargobobb

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Unfortunately no, only weaponizized vehicles go in there

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Kuroyama posted:

Just got my vehicle warehouse up to 32 cars. What's the order to maximize sales? I think I saw somewhere on here it's "Sell, source, kill time (VIP work or a quick mission), repeat". Or was there some other way to do it?

Don't ask why I have this.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

Unfortunately no, only weaponizized vehicles go in there

Dang

Did that cargobob-ish transport chopper ever get released? It was the one thats made for carrying box trailers. It was in the Smugglers Run trailers

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's used in one of the Hangar sell missions. You use two of them to fly two containers to separate locations across the map at approximately 5 MPH while the game tells everyone in the session to shoot you down.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Dang

Did that cargobob-ish transport chopper ever get released? It was the one thats made for carrying box trailers. It was in the Smugglers Run trailers

Dammit no and I had forgotten they teased us with that THANKS

E: OK I never did that sale but I CAN'T BUY IT #FFFFFFfffffggfffFfffg

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I did it my first ghost post yayyyyy

E: or I hit back on my phone and thought i posted? W/E

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/60333/Grotti-GT500-Air-Quota-Mode-Now-Available

new car is out - GrottI GT500 (Sports Classic)

new adversary mode too (if that's your thing)

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

la-di, da-di, we like the grottis

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Hugh Malone posted:

la-di, da-di, we like the grottis

:cool::thumbsup::cool:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

coupedeville posted:

new adversary mode too (if that's your thing)

has this been true for anyone ever

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Psion posted:

has this been true for anyone ever
Hunting pack is an adversary mode. :colbert:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Just got my deluxo, this thing is wicked sick. I want to prioritize getting some more useful weaponized vehicles. I know I wanna get the Oppressor, Akula, and Stromberg next. Also and Avenger, that fucker looks rad. Anything else that's really useful that I'm forgetting?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I really like the weaponized tampa, but thats mostly because I like the tampa.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Skip the Stromberg, it's honestly not worth the money. It's really only useful if you want to troll people by hiding underwater with a bounty or the like, otherwise, eh.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Just got my deluxo, this thing is wicked sick. I want to prioritize getting some more useful weaponized vehicles. I know I wanna get the Oppressor, Akula, and Stromberg next. Also and Avenger, that fucker looks rad. Anything else that's really useful that I'm forgetting?

Pyro is the top shelf dogfighter

APC w/ missle rack kills tanks / MOC / everything

Vigilante doesn't have a special icon and kills most things

Khanjali is a mechanic-summonable tank, craps on people pretty good

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Locobono posted:

Khanjali is a mechanic-summonable tank, craps on people pretty good

Can tanks be registered as personal vehicles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cage posted:

Hunting pack is an adversary mode. :colbert:

okay so there's one genuinely good adversary mode, I stand corrected

now about the other 993...

• Locked thread