Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Gigante posted:

I looked up a video of Shadowrun gameplay and it has the most Sega Genesis music imaginable

I really think not many people played it and would be perfect for this 2 week limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only Genesis game I've ever played is some sort of co-op war game called General Chaos that I played online with some kid from a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater forum in 2002, so that gets my vote.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what about a fighting game? definitely not my genre, but it could be interesting.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i recommend nothing european

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The genesis version of Virtua Fighter, lol.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fighting AI especially in older games is pretty lame, id rather be playing classic sp games

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I have fond memories of not getting very far in SotN as a kid, gonna have to try to emulate it.

I was also going to suggest Dynamite Headdy. A drat hard game for me as a kid. I think I still have the cartridge.

I rented Comix Zone so many times and could never beat the boss because the gf would die.

How about Virtual Bart? What a terrible and frustrating game. Had the honor of introducing that to a friend a couple years ago and seeing it drive him insane until he actually beat it, the madman!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Don't know what other thread to share this in but I've been digging thru some old family memories in a therapeuitc context lately and it just popped into my head right now. When I was a little kid I wanted to get Harvest Moon 64 but my dad looked at me scornfully and said that it looked like a little girls game, and said I should get Clayfighter 63 and 1/2 . Thanks for listening, feels good to get this out there

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
looking through the SG fighting game catalog indicates they all kind of suck. i had fond memories of eternal champions, but apparently that is not very good.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

The Maestro posted:

I have fond memories of not getting very far in SotN as a kid, gonna have to try to emulate it.

I was also going to suggest Dynamite Headdy. A drat hard game for me as a kid. I think I still have the cartridge.

I rented Comix Zone so many times and could never beat the boss because the gf would die.

How about Virtual Bart? What a terrible and frustrating game. Had the honor of introducing that to a friend a couple years ago and seeing it drive him insane until he actually beat it, the madman!

how about a good game so people want to play it instead you loving freak

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

Lmao ya that’s smart. Wile E. Coyote vs Road Runner it is then

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

Week 1: The Legend of Zelda
Week 2: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Week 3: Virtual Bart

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

The music is Olroxs chambers ftw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got to the point where i realized i had to download a loving ISO burner to make the rom into something playable and i stopped for the evening. really wish i still had a console.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i got to the point where i realized i had to download a loving ISO burner to make the rom into something playable and i stopped for the evening. really wish i still had a console.

Dude, if bob can figure out how to work an emulator, what’s your loving excuse?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Orville posted:

Dude, if bob can figure out how to work an emulator, what’s your loving excuse?

i mean, i've done it before, it's just a pain in the rear end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sector_corrector posted:

It took like 3 minutes to get it up and running on my MacBook Air. You have no excuse.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PSX emulators don't need to boot discs or anything. ePSXe or w/e just works like snes emulators and stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could also buy a Vita tv for like 20 bucks probably and play ps1 games on it

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Shield rod magic is loving amazing. Shield rod + axe armor shield lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Exploring the castle is epic as hell. I love this game

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Exploring the castle is epic as hell. I love this game

Make sure you are hitting every wall and floor tile, like dark souls lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there a relic in this game that makes secret passages visible? I know there's one in AoS so I'd assume there is.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
it's insane they made every thing with the name playstation on it able to play ps1 games except the fastest one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The game does a really good job of hinting at which areas are inaccessible but might be accessible later. Since I got the bat power I’ve been going around exploring and finding new poo poo. I’m pretty sure I’m at the point where I could fight the “final” boss (I know about the second castle but after Orlox I saw what looked like the traditional Castlevania staircase to the last boss) but I want to explore as much as possible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's one wall that I think is bullshit and required but yeah otherwise they're really good at cleverly designing hints into the environment

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

Is there a relic in this game that makes secret passages visible? I know there's one in AoS so I'd assume there is.

The fairy points them out

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Although she doesn’t point out secret elevators

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

Kid Chameleon might as well be european

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kid Chameleon might as well be european

lets talk about castlevania

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the Bloodlines haters are crazy

Contra Hard Corps and Dynamite Headdy are two games where the US version is way harder - Contra removes the three-hit lifebar, Headdy changes a shitload of stuff

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I got two heavens swords. gently caress yes

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played last night, using a cleared save file so that i could go directly to luck mode. it is interesting actually dying to stuff instead of steamrolling the game from start to finish. the hallway in the marble gallery with the ball and chain knight and the malachai is actually a difficult little challenge.

The Orville posted:

I got two heavens swords. gently caress yes

that's a good combo

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Oh, uh, guess I've been pronouncing Richter incorrectly all this time. Thank you voiced cut-scene.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I was getting owned by Richter and I couldn't even hurt him so I spent a bunch of time exploring everywhere I could with all the movement abilities and I found entire new areas with bosses I'd never seen before, found a couple of rings that let me open up the floor in the clock room where I fought Maria who gave me glasses that let me see an orb that was controlling him :stare: This loving game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So now I'm in the inverted castle. I've watched multiple GDQ runs of SotN but I apparently didn't absorb anything because most things have been new to me and it feel pretty epic to explore and find secrets

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Brainstorming future consoles right now. Thinking about game 6 being Sega CD and game 7 as Super NES. How does everyone feel about PC freeware/abandonware and arcade for future games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I was getting owned by Richter and I couldn't even hurt him so I spent a bunch of time exploring everywhere I could with all the movement abilities and I found entire new areas with bosses I'd never seen before, found a couple of rings that let me open up the floor in the clock room where I fought Maria who gave me glasses that let me see an orb that was controlling him :stare: This loving game

I wish I could experience this feel again

• Locked thread