Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Mark Labbett off The Chase is now so fat that the fat has gone into his eyelids and you can hardly see his eyes and his neck and face is so fat that his speech sounds fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Slash posted:

Anyone who hasn't seen it definitely should. It's hilarious (some guests are better than others).

It's great. Most of the guests are good sports too.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

crispix posted:

Mark Labbett off The Chase is now so fat that the fat has gone into his eyelids and you can hardly see his eyes and his neck and face is so fat that his speech sounds fat.

Sean is the best Chaser, and I like how he always says the numbers twice.

Fifty. Fifty thousand pounds.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I was happy to see Michael Portillo's trains programme back on at teatime the past couple of nights.

I don't know, it's relaxing. :shrug:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Wheat Loaf posted:

I was happy to see Michael Portillo's trains programme back on at teatime the past couple of nights.

I don't know, it's relaxing. :shrug:

Makes you forget he’s a monstrous oval office for a while doesn’t it.

In other TV news, Netflix optioned 2 more series of Lovesick after it performed well on streaming and it’s actually really good. Reminds me of Him & Her mixed with early series Coupling, with some real laughs. Do not know why they changed the name from Scrotal Recall though.

Roast Battle was a bit awkward and I know what they’re trying to do with Russell Brand but it just seems to die a little with the staging and unnecessary ref? Phil Wangs diabetes joke was loving amazing though.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

In other TV news, Netflix optioned 2 more series of Lovesick after it performed well on streaming and it’s actually really good. Reminds me of Him & Her mixed with early series Coupling, with some real laughs. Do not know why they changed the name from Scrotal Recall though.

Roast Battle was a bit awkward and I know what they’re trying to do with Russell Brand but it just seems to die a little with the staging and unnecessary ref? Phil Wangs diabetes joke was loving amazing though.

Yeah the roasting itself is amazing. I'm happy to deal with the padding around it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

crispix posted:

It's amazing to me that this guy still has a job given all the open secrets about his misconduct that's out there. He's a very nasty man.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

It's amazing to me that this guy still has a job given all the open secrets about his misconduct that's out there. He's a very nasty man.

What he do?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I haven't watched the Roast Battle yet but on Russell Brands radio show he talked about the filming a few months ago. By his own admission he was completely unaware of what it was going to entail and never properly engaged with it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hard to believe well known pseudo intellectual dickhead Russel brand wouldn’t do something properly?!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

PriorMarcus posted:

Tell tell

Anne is the best anyway

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

PriorMarcus posted:

He makes the show unpleasant to watch imo. It is never a pretty sight to see a grown person unable to control their temper. You don't need that when you're having your tea

Also I believe he married his cousin? Just doing his bit to help defeat unpleasant Welsh stereotypes, I shouldn't wonder :/

crispix fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 17, 2018

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

crispix posted:

Also I believe he married his cousin? Just doing his bit to help defeat unpleasant Welsh stereotypes, I shouldn't wonder :/

His 25 year old cousin. He's 52.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

when you google him it has this at the bottom:
"Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more".

Isn't this normally because he's requested the google results to be censored?

e: nvm, this appears when you search anyone's name.

Slash fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 17, 2018

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Everyone I've known whose dealt with him has nothing but bad things to say. He's very egotistical and demeaning to staff and contestants. I know of one occasions when he threw a glass at a sound guy for whatever reason and another occasion where he was upset with the producers and just didn't shower for a couple of weeks in protest.

He's also one of the main guys on the American version of the Chase.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Total Meatlove posted:

To be honest, I could do with Lovesick being about 40% less posh. There's some good jokes in there and the characters aren't exactly hateful, but their general elitism does wind me up a bit, especially the Angus character.

It's also weird that it's obstensibly set in Glasgow but they have only had one person with a Scottish accent, as far as I can remember.

Nowhere near as good as Him and Her though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Bogmonster posted:

To be honest, I could do with Lovesick being about 40% less posh. There's some good jokes in there and the characters aren't exactly hateful, but their general elitism does wind me up a bit, especially the Angus character.

It's also weird that it's obstensibly set in Glasgow but they have only had one person with a Scottish accent, as far as I can remember.

Nowhere near as good as Him and Her though.

It is weird how vague it is about where it’s set. The Barras episode is the only real sense of place in the whole thing so far.

Him & Her is perfect so it’s hard to live up to.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

PriorMarcus posted:

Everyone I've known whose dealt with him has nothing but bad things to say. He's very egotistical and demeaning to staff and contestants. I know of one occasions when he threw a glass at a sound guy for whatever reason and another occasion where he was upset with the producers and just didn't shower for a couple of weeks in protest.

That in particular is very strange and yet I'm still not remotely surprised by it, he comes across like a oval office on national telly so no surprise he's worse irl

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lol at the quizman's dirty protest.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

under the hot studio lights
drat that's cruel

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I was actually on The Chase a few years ago, and dude is absolutely a wankstain. Rude as gently caress, constantly barking demands at the staff and called me a oval office. Went for a couple of pints after with one of the production staff, and he said the other chasers are all lovely [although apparently Paul Sinha's timekeeping is atrocious] but they unanimously hate The Beast.

At the back of the big C thingy the Chaser comes through is a little scaffolding platform with a chair, a wee table and a coolbox of food. Apparently when Labett's being a wank they like to move the stairs up to it and take the coolbox, so he's stuck up there and misses dinner. Savage as.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've heard that all the Eggheads (or at least the "classic" Eggheads) aside from Kevin are hard to get along with as well. Don't know about the new ones they've brought in over the past few years.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've heard that all the Eggheads (or at least the "classic" Eggheads) aside from Kevin are hard to get along with as well. Don't know about the new ones they've brought in over the past few years.

Especially that one that murders people.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's no shock that Judith is awful, CJ has a universe-sized ego (and is possibly a murderer), and Chris is a train fanatic and you know what they're like. Surprised about Daphne though, she always seemed really nice on the show.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's always Judith and CJ who have seemed a bit useless to me out of the "classic" team. They always seemed to be the ones who'd always end up knocked out before the final round.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Disgusting Coward posted:

I was actually on The Chase a few years ago, and dude is absolutely a wankstain. Rude as gently caress, constantly barking demands at the staff and called me a oval office. Went for a couple of pints after with one of the production staff, and he said the other chasers are all lovely [although apparently Paul Sinha's timekeeping is atrocious] but they unanimously hate The Beast.

At the back of the big C thingy the Chaser comes through is a little scaffolding platform with a chair, a wee table and a coolbox of food. Apparently when Labett's being a wank they like to move the stairs up to it and take the coolbox, so he's stuck up there and misses dinner. Savage as.

This is the best gossip

No one better talk poo poo about Alexander and Richard tho i swear to god

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 18, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Richard Osman seems fine as far as I can tell, my only issue with him is politically he's a milquetoast centrist.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

eating only apples posted:

This is the best gossip

No one better talk poo poo about Alexander and Richard tho i swear to god

I was also on Two Tribes [the short lived Richard Osman quiz show] and he is really cool but he smells kinda funny and has an awful handshake.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I was also on Two Tribes [the short lived Richard Osman quiz show] and he is really cool but he smells kinda funny and has an awful handshake.

fishy? BO? too much cologne? day old spunk? You've gone and made me curious to know more!

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I was on the Chase too last year, but I had Anne Hegarty who was absolutely delightful. Incidentally I'd assumed there was an audience from watching it on TV, but turns out that's all sound effects.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Josie Long said Xander had a go at her on HIGNFY for taking the piss out of Michael Gove and basically outed himself as a massive Tory.

Edit: not during the show

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Bogmonster posted:

I was on the Chase too last year, but I had Anne Hegarty who was absolutely delightful. Incidentally I'd assumed there was an audience from watching it on TV, but turns out that's all sound effects.

Knowing this now, was surprised to see him and her appear on celebrity juice together.

the new inside number 9 was a loving interesting one. not as amazing as some episodes, but really loving well put together

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Peter Wyngarde dead at 90.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Paul Sinha is a top lad who should be better known for his excellent stand up rather than his quizzing

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Gorn Myson posted:

Paul Sinha is a top lad who should be better known for his excellent stand up rather than his quizzing

I've seen his standup and didn't find it funny at all, it felt very early 90s identity stuff.

I'm watching "The Good Place" on Netflix and am enjoying it. It's the same creator as Parks and Rec, the guy who played Dwight's cousin in the American Office and it's about the afterlife. It's so far pretty interesting and they do a good job of ending every single episode on a cliffhanger. It might be the first time I've seen a comedy with a proper serial storyline.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

thehustler posted:

Josie Long said Xander had a go at her on HIGNFY for taking the piss out of Michael Gove and basically outed himself as a massive Tory.

Edit: not during the show

He's a private school posho so this isn't exactly surprising

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Taear posted:

I'm watching "The Good Place" on Netflix and am enjoying it. It's the same creator as Parks and Rec, the guy who played Dwight's cousin in the American Office and it's about the afterlife. It's so far pretty interesting and they do a good job of ending every single episode on a cliffhanger. It might be the first time I've seen a comedy with a proper serial storyline.

It also has Jameela from T4 in it.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Gelf posted:

fishy? BO? too much cologne? day old spunk? You've gone and made me curious to know more!

Like a mix of TCP, baby powder and cardamom.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Sinha’s history programme on Radio 4 is top stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I liked A Man like Mobeen.

Also tonight is the next episode of the really inaccurately named Big Cats. Featuring Pallas cats and Black-footed cats.