Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, oath 5 Crates and 2 ruined gravity chutes 28mm mdf by TT combat, and 1 Large Stanchion Building and 1 Industrial Pod - Warehouse by sarissa-precision.

Lets get some terrain on!

EDIT - the crates are two tone MDF, which I will be painting over.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Widow Tarha and Durik in January. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

Zenithal primed.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Upon my oath, I will paint in January - 2 Basilisks, 1 Brother Corbulo, 1 Tempestor Prime, 5 Tempestus Scions, and 2 Skitarii Vanguard

Most of this stuff needs painting for a tournament in Feb anyway so best get it done.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of January one Scourge-modified space stations and three additional space stations by TTCombat.

Is it ok if I do all my WiP pics from the Scourge-modified station, since it's getting the most elaborate work?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Gonna step back from the near over-commit that was December and just oath The Midnight Stalker. This is an Outcast model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm GW Ork Deffkopta for January

I normally lean pretty heavily on the challenge to pick stuff, so this month was tough. Decided that I am going to try to push through one of my long-in-progress projects and take some process pictures in the course of it.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Scoundrel model for Gloomhaven

After skipping December for being too busy, time to get back to it!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath to paint 7 boyz and 4 stormboyz for January (GW 28mm):

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
I, Darnon, oath to paint 3 farrow valkyries (Hordes 28mm) for January.

Time to get back on this painting wagon.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Raphus C posted:

Rahus C, oath addition: 2 objective markers and a kommando with burna (rescue ranger)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath a Magos Dominus with Rad Cleanser

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, oath these two Chaos Warriors and a set of Shadespire Orcs

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition! Augur Grisom. Also for Descent 2. Edition, also by FFG.

glitchkrieg posted:

You Australian? (It's an upside down joke)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Electric Hobo posted:

For some reason it's upside down, but if you click through to the image, it's the right way up.

I don't get it.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, new year, time to ease back into painting and recoup my mojo!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2018:

5 Ruins
1 Orruk Shaman

All 28mm by GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

For a number of reasons I failed my December Oath, though I did get a lot of painting done. That said, I will redeem myself in January.

I, Bonds0097, oath to paint the following models, 35mm, by Knight Models:

• Batman
  • Arkham Guard w/ Assault Rifle
  • 4x Blackgate Prisoners

And a bunch of resin bases for everyone of course.

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for January 2018...

Our starting Gloomhaven party: Brute, Tinkerer, Mindthief and Cragheart. 32mm(?), Cephalofair Games.

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for January one Viking Bear, from Cartoon Miniatures (50mm)

Lovely (kickstarted) sculpt, hopefully I can do it justice.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, 10 Matsudan, 1 Refbot and 1 Rush marker for Dreadball. All 28mm by Mantic Games.

Pendent posted:

I've never actually done this before but one of my goals for the year is to get a bunch of painting done.

I Pendent oath 1 Games Workshop Redemptor Dreadnought for the month of January, 2018.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these for January

Tyrant Commander (40mm), Standard Bearer (30mm) and an Agonizer (30mm) - the last (?) of my Skorne for Privateer Press’s Warmahordes.

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey Hunter, oath 5 Crates and 2 ruined gravity chutes 28mm mdf by TT combat, and 1 Large Stanchion Building and 1 Industrial Pod - Warehouse by sarissa-precision.

Lets get some terrain on!

EDIT - the crates are two tone MDF, which I will be painting over.

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint Widow Tarha and Durik in January. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

Zenithal primed.

Corrode posted:

Upon my oath, I will paint in January - 2 Basilisks, 1 Brother Corbulo, 1 Tempestor Prime, 5 Tempestus Scions, and 2 Skitarii Vanguard

Most of this stuff needs painting for a tournament in Feb anyway so best get it done.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of January one Scourge-modified space stations and three additional space stations by TTCombat.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Gonna step back from the near over-commit that was December and just oath The Midnight Stalker. This is an Outcast model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath this 28mm GW Ork Deffkopta for January

I normally lean pretty heavily on the challenge to pick stuff, so this month was tough. Decided that I am going to try to push through one of my long-in-progress projects and take some process pictures in the course of it.

TheFinalTuba posted:

Raphus C posted:

darnon posted:

I, Darnon, oath to paint 3 farrow valkyries (Hordes 28mm) for January.

Time to get back on this painting wagon.

Raphus C posted:

Rahus C, oath addition: 2 objective markers and a kommando with burna (rescue ranger)

moths posted:

I, moths, oath a Magos Dominus with Rad Cleanser

glitchkrieg posted:

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition! Augur Grisom. Also for Descent 2. Edition, also by FFG.

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, new year, time to ease back into painting and recoup my mojo!

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2018:

5 Ruins
1 Orruk Shaman

All 28mm by GW

All approved!

wdarkk posted:

Is it ok if I do all my WiP pics from the Scourge-modified station, since it's getting the most elaborate work?

Not a problem, only one mini needs to follow the challenge to get the points.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For January I, Galaspar oath two Necromunda Gangers and a Foul Blightspawn (mostly GW, one third-party extra)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, GameraMan, oath (3) Gnoll Jerks for the month of January:

They're Gnolls! They're jerks! And... there's 3 of them!

All Reaper Bones minis

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For January I, Galaspar oath two Necromunda Gangers and a Foul Blightspawn (mostly GW, one third-party extra)

gameraMan posted:

I, GameraMan, oath (3) Gnoll Jerks for the month of January:

They're Gnolls! They're jerks! And... there's 3 of them!

All Reaper Bones minis

Approved!

:siren: Galleries are now up for November and December! :siren: - https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/

If your pics are missing, let me know so I can add them in. Remember that in order to be accepted your picture must show your completed figures and feature your forum name.

I'll submit them for judging next weekend so you have until then to report any issues.

Also, this is a good chance to double check the spreadsheet and make sure I haven't missed out any oaths, achievements or challenges. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkoqQIImwPSBPqSCI2TlvAaBPLNgRxpjBZP7V_tgXzI/edit#gid=24

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 28, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath to paint 1 Festivus Arborius by Wyrd for the month of January.

This was probably a uniquely bad mini for my first shot at brush priming but it seems to have worked ok.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

:siren: Galleries are now up for November and December! :siren: - https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/

If your pics are missing, let me know so I can add them in. Remember that in order to be accepted your picture must show your completed figures and feature your forum name.

I'll submit them for judging next weekend so you have until then to report any issues.

Also, this is a good chance to double check the spreadsheet and make sure I haven't missed out any oaths, achievements or challenges. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkoqQIImwPSBPqSCI2TlvAaBPLNgRxpjBZP7V_tgXzI/edit#gid=24

The November gallery seems to have multiple months of my oaths in it, the Imperial Fist terminators are the only thing there that I oathed for November.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Booley posted:

The November gallery seems to have multiple months of my oaths in it, the Imperial Fist terminators are the only thing there that I oathed for November.

OK, those have been removed. The image grabber program picked them up and I missed double checking which images were from the completed oaths and which ones were from quotes :)

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
I, Bad Decision Dino, oath to paint 6 Vespid Stingwings (28mm by Games Workshop) for the month of January.

Going to go for a smaller squad this time, as trying to bust out 12 Fire Warriors like I did last time killed my drive to paint for a while.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Keep forgetting to post this...

Oath addition!

I Ugleb, having decided to probably over commit, additionally oath a further 9 Matsudan. 28mm for Dreadball by Mantic Games.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January, 10 Matsudan, 1 Refbot and 1 Rush marker for Dreadball. All 28mm by Mantic Games.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH ADDITION! 4 Volunteers, Corvus Belli Infinity

Scoundrel went super fast and I'm feeling productive this month!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, for the insanely cold month of January, oath to paint (1) Owlbear!. I also unexpectedly oath: The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Both 28mm; the owlbear is Reaper Bonesium, and the Pythons are resin from Victoria Miniatures. No primer yet. (Also, support Victoria Miniatures! I randomly met Victoria Lamb at Adepticon '17 as she was working the floor at the Reaper booth; she's really down-to-earth and friendly, and her sculpts are fantastic.)

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I, Chiwie, oath to paint 5 Escher gangers, 28mm by Games Workshop, for the month of January.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath four Fusiliers and one Bolt, 28mm by Corvus Belli, for January 2018.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath Jaga Jaga by Privateer press for the month of January.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

November Judging!

3rd Place: Red Shoe

You did a great job making what could have been a drab paintjob still pop.

2nd Place: Zark the Damned

Love the weathering on these containers!

1st Place: KingMob

These dudes have a delightful cartoony look to them, while still seeming grim and serious. Not an easy combination to achieve at all!

Bonus Point: Zark the Damned
Those shipping containers really nail the theme, to me.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Thanks, man! Appreciate the kind words.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
January Oath! 2 Geckos and a Gecko Pilot
Corvus Belli

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Ork shaman guy, painted up so he can do double duty in either my regular Orks as a Weirdboy, or his more likely use as a sorcerer in my Heretorks.

A set of very old Imperial Ruins. Also, have some WIP pics for the Jurnal:

Started with a base of P3 Ironhull Grey

Drybrushed with P3 Underbelly Grey

Tiles are given a couple of washes of Carroburg Crimson or Nuln Oil. Struts are painted in Leadbelcher.

Some patchy staining and weathering added using Typhus Corrosion.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Bad Decision Dino posted:

I, Bad Decision Dino, oath to paint 6 Vespid Stingwings (28mm by Games Workshop) for the month of January.

Going to go for a smaller squad this time, as trying to bust out 12 Fire Warriors like I did last time killed my drive to paint for a while.

Ugleb posted:

Keep forgetting to post this...

Oath addition!

I Ugleb, having decided to probably over commit, additionally oath a further 9 Matsudan. 28mm for Dreadball by Mantic Games.

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH ADDITION! 4 Volunteers, Corvus Belli Infinity

Scoundrel went super fast and I'm feeling productive this month!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, for the insanely cold month of January, oath to paint (1) Owlbear!. I also unexpectedly oath: The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Both 28mm; the owlbear is Reaper Bonesium, and the Pythons are resin from Victoria Miniatures. No primer yet. (Also, support Victoria Miniatures! I randomly met Victoria Lamb at Adepticon '17 as she was working the floor at the Reaper booth; she's really down-to-earth and friendly, and her sculpts are fantastic.)

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath to paint 5 Escher gangers, 28mm by Games Workshop, for the month of January.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath four Fusiliers and one Bolt, 28mm by Corvus Belli, for January 2018.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath Jaga Jaga by Privateer press for the month of January.

Red Shoe posted:

January Oath! 2 Geckos and a Gecko Pilot
Corvus Belli

Approved!

Signal posted:

2nd Place: Zark the Damned

Love the weathering on these containers!

Bonus Point: Zark the Damned
Those shipping containers really nail the theme, to me.

Awesome, thank you! I enjoyed painted those up and am glad someone out there appreciates them :)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I, Booley, oath to paint my mostly scratchbuilt terrain piece for the month of January

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

A quick heads up - SRM has been in touch and due to real life stuff eating most of his free time doesn't have the time to judge.

This means the third judge spot is now open again if anyone wants to put themselves forward.

Booley posted:

I, Booley, oath to paint my mostly scratchbuilt terrain piece for the month of January

Approved!

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I, Takuan, Oath for January a Vinyl Chun-Li figure by Volks

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:dance:November judgement!:dance:
Third place, 1 point: bonds0097

Second place, 2 points: Red Shoe

First place, 3 points: KingMob

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

:ghost:December judgement!:ghost:
Third place, 1 point: Red Shoe

Second place, 2 points: Galaspar

First place, 3 points: Booley

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Three Goblins, in 28mm for the Vast boardgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 oath to paint these D&D Kolbolds and halfling (AKA Smol squad)

• Locked thread