Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
You are working in the wrong union. My local mining guild has a curse breaker on staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

~the vengabus is coming~

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
You think Quest for Glory 2 was best? I think it was 4, no question. They all have a place in my heart though. Even 5.

Kinda looking forward to that new game by the original developers, even if it turns out mediocre.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i know everyone on besties is in love with pubg but saying it's better than mario odyssey and almost saying it's better than botw is completely incomprehensible

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It's Towerfall all over again, except Griffin and Justin are in on it this time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Raserys posted:

i know everyone on besties is in love with pubg but saying it's better than mario odyssey and almost saying it's better than botw is completely incomprehensible

Both Giant Bomb and Besties put PUBG over Mario which is insane.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

"goD i Can't Believe that peOple wHo pUt hunDREDS OF HOurs iNtO A SInglE gAMe would PuT PUBG ovEr masTERpiece gAmes MariO Odyssey in TheIR GOTY awArDs..." -people in this and the giantbomb thread.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you like playing multiplayer games, then that's great, but boy, it's not for me. I like to think people enjoy PUBG ironically, but no, they seem to enjoy it. Multiplayer games in general are completely terrible for me to watch. I'd rather watch than play, but I'd much rather...do something else. There's a lot of internet out there. Awful Squad + most anything to do with Russ are the Polygon Content I Will Not Watch.

Speaking of, new content with Russ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ZYPukwAIU

Bogart fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 12, 2018

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Roobanguy posted:

"goD i Can't Believe that peOple wHo pUt hunDREDS OF HOurs iNtO A SInglE gAMe would PuT PUBG ovEr masTERpiece gAmes MariO Odyssey in TheIR GOTY awArDs..." -people in this and the giantbomb thread.

okay

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I like PUBG but not nearly as much as I hate it. It’s much too stressful for me to take pleasure in though I do recognize it as a Good Game. Awful squad is about as close as I like to get to PUBG

There’s no goddamn way it’s a 10/10 though. That’s bananas

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
PUBG always felt a lot like streamer-bait to me, but I can definitely see the general appeal. Like Minecraft, it was an old idea in the right place at the right time with a hilariously broken game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

see, now there is the correct response to goty lists.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

pubg solo squad is good for listening to podcasts and poo poo. No reason to get all stressed while playing it.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Is BDG (Brian David Gilbert) a forums poster? Just saw an :iiam: in one of his old videos :tinfoil:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Stroop There It Is posted:

Is BDG (Brian David Gilbert) a forums poster? Just saw an :iiam: in one of his old videos :tinfoil:

I hope not, Polygon staff that post here have a history of turning out to be milkshake ducks

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Where did Nick even frequent? I think I saw a grand total of one babylonian post in the wild ever.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If memory serves, he posted in TCC sometimes

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Beware! This links to a cursed post.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
drat touch the skyrim was so good. Why couldn't it have been Griffin and Justin

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Raserys posted:

Right? They were so close to finishing, too.

At least I finished car boys before I found out about Nick.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Raserys posted:

It's their dynamic, I think. I don't know that Justin would have been quite as on-board with Griffin making an orc woman have a Sonic the Hedgehog orgy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every now and then I yell at Nick on social media about how he royally hosed up some of the best internet series.

He hasn't blocked me and probably never sees the messages but it makes me feel better.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Inzombiac posted:

Every now and then I yell at Nick on social media about how he royally hosed up some of the best internet series.

I'm not sure my media consumption is much more important than the sexual harassment of peers and contemporaries, but sure, I guess.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

SusanCrushbone is my (unchangeable) PUBG username so I have kind of been forced to mentally excise Nick from TTS. Maybe that's why it feels less ruined for me than Car Boys? Or because Nick was more of an active participant there?

:sigh: It's probably a bad idea but at least I feel like I can trust that the McElroys really haven't been lovely dudes to women.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stroop There It Is posted:

SusanCrushbone is my (unchangeable) PUBG username so I have kind of been forced to mentally excise Nick from TTS. Maybe that's why it feels less ruined for me than Car Boys? Or because Nick was more of an active participant there?

:sigh: It's probably a bad idea but at least I feel like I can trust that the McElroys really haven't been lovely dudes to women.

Oh it will be crushing to learn if it turns out that they have

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh it will be crushing to learn if it turns out that they have

I think Travis has talked about when he was younger doing kind of gross stuff like hitting on waitresses, and mentions he's a recovering narcissist. If there was anything bad, I'd say it would most likely be him. Probably nothing too bad though, and likely from before they got famous.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

New monthly feature. I'm posting it before I watch it because I've got high hopes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmts05RspQE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm not sure my media consumption is much more important than the sexual harassment of peers and contemporaries, but sure, I guess.

Don't try to loving high-road me.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wasabi the J posted:

It would be inappropriate for Inzombiac to do anything about that. That would be disrespectful to the victims of the harassment. It's not Inzombiac’s fight.

Do you really think that PMing Nick about what he did to those other people is an OK thing to do? Really? You want people to do that?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 18, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Everybody should be friends.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ariong posted:

It would be inappropriate for Inzombiac to do anything about that. That would be disrespectful to the victims of the harassment. It's not Inzombiac’s fight.

Do you really think that PMing Nick about what he did to those other people is an OK thing to do? Really? You want people to do that?

Whoa take it easy I was not saying that either.

I'm saying pming Nick is dumb and uncool regardless of the reason. But I assumed he was joking, too, which I seem mistaken about.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Yo real talk I think Nick turned out to be an awful creep but I miss him all the time. Sometimes I pop onto his twitter account and I read the comments and it's probably one of the worst things you can do with the internet.

In more positive news, Ol' Brian and Pat have a team-up on that cardboard poo poo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm saying pming Nick is dumb and uncool regardless of the reason. But I assumed he was joking, too, which I seem mistaken about.

Oh, well that I can agree with.

Sivart13 posted:

Yo real talk I think Nick turned out to be an awful creep but I miss him all the time. Sometimes I pop onto his twitter account and I read the comments and it's probably one of the worst things you can do with the internet.

That sounds awful. No matter how much you’ll miss it, if the tooth is rotten, you gotta pull it.

And sometimes, if you’re lucky, you’ll get a new one made of gold. :allears:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

These new human fall flat streams are pretty good, but could use more Egypt rapping.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Not Operator posted:

Where did Nick even frequent? I think I saw a grand total of one babylonian post in the wild ever.

YCS (bitch)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wasabi the J posted:

I never said I privately messaged him. It's always been public.
It's mostly me lamenting about how he hosed up a lot of great stuff and then my group of friends reminisce.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

On this week's episode, the Game Ogre eats an orange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBd3auuXLc

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
In accordance with my court ordered mandate I've updated the OP to include Game Ogre and BDG's WEEK IN REVUE, and also bumped SEO Play into the back catalog (:()

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, is Phil Kollar out too? I hope so -- he always came off as weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I know literally nothing about the Polygon employees who are not in the videos and I plan to keep it that way