Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
cicis pizza taught me the valuable life lesson of "don't comment that you think your s/o is overeating even if she has shoveled down 17 slices of pizza"

at least don't do it in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boop the snoot posted:

cicis pizza taught me the valuable life lesson of "don't comment that you think your s/o is overeating even if she has shoveled down 17 slices of pizza"

at least don't do it in public.

Please share this story

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I only eat at Cici's Pizza Buffet

Same but Anthony's

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I make my own pizza from scratch because I was spoiled on good pizza in Europe and American take out pizza is so loving sweet.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Please share this story

we were looking for a quick bite to eat. cicis was in the same parking lot as where we were.

we go in, i got like two plates. maybe 6.. 8 slices total?

she goes up and gets another plate. and another plate. and another plate.

she wasn't fat. in fact, she's probably one of the hottest chicks i've ever been with. but goddamn was she shoveling down some pizza. anyway, i'm thinking i should say something. it went something like this:

me: "don't you think you should slow down?"

her: "what do you mean?"

me: "that's like your 15th slice of pizza."

her: "so? it's a buffet. when in rome..." (i remember the "when in rome" comment because it was her buffet motto).

me: "yeah but you don't have the eat the entire buffet. you're not a fish" (because i hear fish will eat as long as food is available -- i don't even know if that's true)

her: "what's your point?"

me: "well, i think you're gorgeous and i just think if you keep eating.."

pizza thrown on on floor, she walks out.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

stick to dogs bro, at least they appreciate you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/pizza-show-new-haven/570e8361be83393b137b646a

vice has a really good series on american pizza

pepe's bitch

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mods change my name posted:

Same but Anthony's

Same but with papa johns slathered in that garlic butter poo poo

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

boop the snoot posted:

we were looking for a quick bite to eat. cicis was in the same parking lot as where we were.

we go in, i got like two plates. maybe 6.. 8 slices total?

she goes up and gets another plate. and another plate. and another plate.

she wasn't fat. in fact, she's probably one of the hottest chicks i've ever been with. but goddamn was she shoveling down some pizza. anyway, i'm thinking i should say something. it went something like this:

me: "don't you think you should slow down?"

her: "what do you mean?"

me: "that's like your 15th slice of pizza."

her: "so? it's a buffet. when in rome..." (i remember the "when in rome" comment because it was her buffet motto).

me: "yeah but you don't have the eat the entire buffet. you're not a fish" (because i hear fish will eat as long as food is available -- i don't even know if that's true)

her: "what's your point?"

me: "well, i think you're gorgeous and i just think if you keep eating.."

pizza thrown on on floor, she walks out.

loving :lol: cole.

loving :lol:.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
In the Blue Squares version of that story they gently caress on the table and all her hot friends show up to join in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ahahaha. Blue Squares.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ahahaha. Blue Squares.

Did he die in Thailand?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I didn't even know he went. I took that hiatus a while back, so it probably happened then.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

wait did he die or did he get brokedown palace'd

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
he posts in cspam

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

If Little Ceasers deep dish pizza is Detroit style I’d have to admit to liking Detroit style.

Great news! That’s exactly what Detroit style pizza is! :toot:

If you ever find yourself in this god forsaken hellhole (which is totally turning around for reals this time promise) hit Buddy’s pizza they put big chunks of garlic in the crust and you can get your pizza topped with fresh ricotta on top.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
drat.

Anyone else have good opinions about Blackjack Pizza?

When I first drove out to Denver 2 years ago, I was running around looking for a cheap hotel and ran into one of their drivers delivering at a Super 8. He was a marine, seemed pretty chill, and we started bullshitting because of the wait for the desk. Anyhow, dude spotted me a night in a hotel after hearing my dumb story about what brought me out this way. Never got his name, but he worked at Blackjack, and his gift made my few dollars stretch that much longer. Since then, I order Blackjack. And tip at least 25%.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Similar to the style described different chain (local to Jackson iirc). Calle the Detroiter. Carmalized cheese on thicc crust, peppers and good quality pepperoni topped with home made sauce and aforementioned ricotta cheese. I think I ate a single piece and was stuffed.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

drat.

Anyone else have good opinions about Blackjack Pizza?

When I first drove out to Denver 2 years ago, I was running around looking for a cheap hotel and ran into one of their drivers delivering at a Super 8. He was a marine, seemed pretty chill, and we started bullshitting because of the wait for the desk. Anyhow, dude spotted me a night in a hotel after hearing my dumb story about what brought me out this way. Never got his name, but he worked at Blackjack, and his gift made my few dollars stretch that much longer. Since then, I order Blackjack. And tip at least 25%.

Blackjack owns, I wish there was one close to me, but this suburban shithole runs any business that isn’t a mega Corp right out of town.
The guy that owns/owned the Blackjacks in Longmont and Boulder had rad sub shops too.

If they have Silvermine subs in your neck of the woods try them out, pretty decent sandwich and they deliver until 3:00 AM.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Similar to the style described different chain (local to Jackson iirc). Calle the Detroiter. Carmalized cheese on thicc crust, peppers and good quality pepperoni topped with home made sauce and aforementioned ricotta cheese. I think I ate a single piece and was stuffed.

Nice. Usually when getting pizza in Jackson, we get a more thin-crust style from a decent place. But that looks pretty good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No Silvermines in the Springs. But there's obviously one in Denver, so I'll walk in sometime when I'm up north.

There are tons of places I need to hit in town here alone. I think a solid quarter of food network shows traipse through here. Big ol' food community here.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Nice. Usually when getting pizza in Jackson, we get a more thin-crust style from a decent place. But that looks pretty good.

Klavons?

I was about to ask why you’d subject yourself to Jackson but I’d have to ask myself the same.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

bengy81 posted:

If they have Silvermine subs in your neck of the woods try them out, pretty decent sandwich and they deliver until 3:00 AM.

What what what are you talking about

There's a silvermine here in Boulder and it is an offensively bad hoagie

Snarf's is pretty good if a little spendy, though

The food culture in Colorado is pretty dismal

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
gently caress BeauJo's too

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
https://i.imgur.com/rXYJJtY.jpg

This is the best pizza I've ever had, and it was in Florida. It's not exactly Chicago style (much cheesier), but it will fill up anyone after a couple of slices.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

DownByTheWooter posted:

What what what are you talking about

There's a silvermine here in Boulder and it is an offensively bad hoagie

Snarf's is pretty good if a little spendy, though

The food culture in Colorado is pretty dismal

The one just east of CU? That location has always been bad. I’ve always liked silvermine, but maybe cuz of how late they deliver. Snarfs is really good but kind of expensive. I like Delizone a lot too.

Considering how many food trucks and hipster joints there are you would think the food would be better, but you would be wrong. The only thing that is even worth going out of your way for is some green chili.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
What about a Utica style tomato pie?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

bengy81 posted:

The one just east of CU? That location has always been bad. I’ve always liked silvermine, but maybe cuz of how late they deliver. Snarfs is really good but kind of expensive. I like Delizone a lot too.

Considering how many food trucks and hipster joints there are you would think the food would be better, but you would be wrong. The only thing that is even worth going out of your way for is some green chili.

Green chile sauce owns really hard. If any of you guys are ever doing Great Sand Dunes NP, I recommend you hit Lu's Cafe in Blanca.

edit: yeah the one next to CU. Terrible sub shop.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Klavons?

I was about to ask why you’d subject yourself to Jackson but I’d have to ask myself the same.

I have family that lives in the boonies maybe half an hour or so from Jackson. They try to stay out of Jackson save trips for necessities. But if you're already there for Meijer, why not get some pizza to take home?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Cowboy Elvis took me to a deep dish pizza place and it was super loving good. Probably an outlier, but still a good example of what deep dish can be.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Silvermine subs are literally dogshit

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good to know.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Deep dish is delicious. It’s just not pizza. It must be where the term “pizza pie” came from.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Feel like Detroit is the nice middle ground there

Though cannot say I’ve ever seen a Detroit style pizza joint or even pizza outside of Little Caesars

Lots of Chicago ones though

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

So has anyone pointed out that the plot of that Den of Thieves movie is basically GTA5 — or at lesser seems like it?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Did he die in Thailand?
Smothered to death by his roommate's huge tits.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
You people should watch The End of the F***ing World. Stupid title but really, really good show. Don't watch a trailer or, if you do, turn it off as soon as you're convinced to watch it. You'll know by the end of ep. 1 (under 30 minutes) if you like it, and the trailer gives away some of the more memorable moments of the first few episodes.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

So has anyone pointed out that the plot of that Den of Thieves movie is basically GTA5 — or at lesser seems like it?

GTA5 openly apes pretty much every heist movie ever made

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Deep dish is delicious. It’s just not pizza. It must be where the term “pizza pie” came from.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Deep dish is loving awesome, it's just not pizza at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sax Offender posted:

https://i.imgur.com/rXYJJtY.jpg

This is the best pizza I've ever had, and it was in Florida. It's not exactly Chicago style (much cheesier), but it will fill up anyone after a couple of slices.

pretty sure i ate there (or somewhere like it).

is it around Orlando? or somewhere between Orlando and Tampa?