Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I was looking for weird decor I could turn into a mail organizer and stumbled upon this. I just like that one of the patterns you can get on it is a map to Gotham city. I think I'm gonna go for the 3d moose head puzzle instead. There's also a unicorn head, but I don't know if my roommate's mail would stay up behind the horn.

http://s.aliexpress.com/JzmIRnEB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
A while ago people were buying mini arcade machine thingies. Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent one? I think they’d be perfect for a friend who is into retro gaming stuff.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

HEY. Do you guys like.... wadder boddles? Worter Boatles. Fluid containers.

MmmmMMMm. monkey Fluids. Delectable.

NO ociffer, it's not a flask it's a Transhome Creative Notebook Flat Water Bottle 350ml Plastic Paper Sports Travel Outdoor Drinking Water Bottle BPA Free Drinkware !!

Electricity Is A Known Fluid.

Water... with Drugs.

Honestly these are kinda cute. The entire lid comes off, not the smaller unscrewable top though. I can appreciate the shape, which would make packing it at the bottom of my purse a lot easier.

Links: [I haven't checked the sellers or reviews personally, so be wary.]

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cre...2805660833.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/flat-bottle/32811767686.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Amazing-Bulb-Water-Bottle-Cute-Brief-Fashion-Cute-Milk-Juice-Light-Bulbs-Cup-Leak-proof-1PC/32801274156.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/600ML-Plastic-Water-Bottle-With-Daily-Pill-Box-Organizer-Drinking-Bottles/32808092140.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/500ml-Cute-cartoon-BPA-FREE-HIP-FLASK-Sport-outdoor-Animal-Cow-Cat-Plastic-My-Water-Bottles/32810209532.html

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Maybe this was already posted in the past 100 pages that I skimmed through but RobotDyn is a pretty cool seller if cheap Atmega boards, Arduino modules, transducers, and various electrical accessories for practically nothing tingle your nerd senses. I can personally vouch that the quality of the UNO board was well above "ali-express" level.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'm ordering one of them flat water bottles, they seem like a pretty clever idea.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Awesome! And now I have until the package gets here to think up card ideas.

Never have I mashed Buy Now on AliExpress so fast. That confetti is perfect for being a pain to my friends.

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
I finally bit the bullet and bought stickers.

These

A few repeats but nothing too bad. I have more coming to fill in the gaps. :yotj:

I also have received some sponges that supposedly work on baked on pans, but haven't tried them yet. Still waiting on my knock off pop socket, though.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
TGIF Today Garfield Is Frasier fashion short sleeve printed cool funny men's tee tops cotton casual mens t shirts cmt

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The ceramic heating lamp arrived today. The bulb itself works just fine, but the mount is cheap as gently caress. You're supposed to be able to rescind the bulb back into the mount a bit and adjust that with screws on the side. Problem is, the screws are too long and dig into the bulb fitting. Fortunately I was able to shorten the screws with a Dremel (finally a use for that thing). At least the mount included a cord with a switch that actually works, so that's nice.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Im bald so Im planning to buy a stupid wig and a serious wig just for fun. Anyone got experience with Ali-wigs?

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What is a serious wig?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

What is a serious wig?

A wig that looks like natural hair or at least a professional haircut, if they're anything like my old roommate. I'd also assume AliExpress is not the place for the second, but when you make assumptions you make an rear end of Uma Thurman.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Please post pics of Uma in a wig. So I know what you're talking about.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Please post pics of Uma in a wig. So I know what you're talking about.

https://www.internationalwigs.com/Uma-Thurman-Wig-from-Kill-Bill-Vol-2-p/cl_kendall613.htm

There sure are a lot of google results for Uma Thurman wig, but most of them are wigs to look like her.

I think this was a wig, though.

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Ok, now do you look like Uma?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Since the topic of seeds and Dollar Tree have both come up in the past, I'm happy that DT is filling the incredibly cheap seed-shaped hole in my heart left by AliExpress banning seed sales.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ok, now do you look like Uma?

No, but I sure am interested in dancing like her

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

saihttam posted:

Im bald so Im planning to buy a stupid wig and a serious wig just for fun. Anyone got experience with Ali-wigs?

A lot of my friends wear wigs and they all buy them from eBay which I assume is using the same suppliers. Don't buy the cheapest or most expensive listings and you'll get a decent wig. Look for things that are around $10-$20 and you should be fine.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Guy Mann posted:

Since the topic of seeds and Dollar Tree have both come up in the past, I'm happy that DT is filling the incredibly cheap seed-shaped hole in my heart left by AliExpress banning seed sales.

Sadly I don't think DT carries the more exotic seeds that AliExpress did. I don't see a single blue strawberry or titty pepper.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...2731623465.html

look at these contact lense cases! :3:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V24NurFfdfY

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Maybe this was already posted in the past 100 pages that I skimmed through but RobotDyn is a pretty cool seller if cheap Atmega boards, Arduino modules, transducers, and various electrical accessories for practically nothing tingle your nerd senses. I can personally vouch that the quality of the UNO board was well above "ali-express" level.

Oooo, nice! Thanks for this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Rule #65 for life: avoid buying plastic objects that you might find appetising when you come back home drunk.

(Rule #66 is the same but with items you might try to shove into other holes)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Sadly I don't think DT carries the more exotic seeds that AliExpress did. I don't see a single blue strawberry or titty pepper.

Like I am p sure that not importing random, poorly labeled seeds is actually cool and good. Like we don't need more invasive plants kicking around the US.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I know this is the thread for cheap bootleg stuff but I want to drop a link to this artist's actual store. He's got other designs if you like this one :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guy Mann posted:

I wonder how many horrific crop diseases assholes ordering mystery seeds from Aliexpress have imported to their continents?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Is it really worth it if they're not mystery seeds?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

i bought coleus seeds from dollar tree last winter and they did pretty well:

you can see it on the left side of the big window in this picture, to show the scale (and i had a hanging one on the right side near the thermometer, too):

i can't find any more easily accessible pictures atm but it flowered A LOT and i saved the seeds for this year :) i'm going to get them started soon, in a bigger pot than last time since it kept falling over. i never really pruned it at all.

i saw the display of seeds when i was at dollar tree yesterday but i don't have money for soil/pots/etc. right now :( i'd love to make a raised bed on our balcony and grow some leafy lettuces and radishes and beets and stuff in the spring, and then something else over the summer. i think i'm gonna focus on getting my christmas cactuses and succulents thriving, and get tomato plants started before it gets too hot to set fruit.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Jerry Cotton posted:

I wonder how many horrific crop diseases assholes ordering mystery seeds from Aliexpress have imported to their continents?

I wouldn't worry about it honestly, aliexpress also has a herbicide and pesticide section.

Edit: or used to

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 19, 2018

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The Snoo posted:

i bought coleus seeds from dollar tree last winter and they did pretty well:

you can see it on the left side of the big window in this picture, to show the scale (and i had a hanging one on the right side near the thermometer, too):

i can't find any more easily accessible pictures atm but it flowered A LOT and i saved the seeds for this year :) i'm going to get them started soon, in a bigger pot than last time since it kept falling over. i never really pruned it at all.

i saw the display of seeds when i was at dollar tree yesterday but i don't have money for soil/pots/etc. right now :( i'd love to make a raised bed on our balcony and grow some leafy lettuces and radishes and beets and stuff in the spring, and then something else over the summer. i think i'm gonna focus on getting my christmas cactuses and succulents thriving, and get tomato plants started before it gets too hot to set fruit.

Goon project: grow a literal $1 tree

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can you see anything while wearing them?

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
Yeah the light is directed almost entirely forwards so you can still see clearly. That little bit of light that isn't makes them uncomfortable to wear in complete darkness though.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Does anyone have recommendations for Bluetooth headphones? (preferably behind-the-neck style)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JointHorse posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for Bluetooth headphones? (preferably behind-the-neck style)

Speaking from experience: don't buy them from Aliexpress.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Speaking from experience: don't buy them from Aliexpress.

Yeah, as much as I'm all aboard the Ali train, Anker headphones from Amazon are good, cheap and well supported.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

JointHorse posted:

Meizu EP-51. All the youtubers who review weird aliexpress stuff love them. I bought a pair, and they are great.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

wanna buy this single on bandcamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

evobatman posted:

Meizu EP-51. All the youtubers who review weird aliexpress stuff love them. I bought a pair, and they are great.
They're not $3 so I think I'll pass, thanks.