Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Waaait... is Magnai... does he want to marry the WoL :stare:

I thought Yda was joking or trying to dunk on Urianger, but maybe she was right. I guess they both love stronk women.

I gotta say, the writing in the 4.0 and the occasional decisions have been on fire way more often than usual. Did the FFXIV team take some writing classes?
Letting the WoL say "I'm a peace-loving person" is probably the most disingenuous thing i've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rosalind posted:

So is O3S with a party finder learning group pretty much not a thing that could happen? All the descriptions of it here make it sound like O3S and O4S are pretty much only successful for statics with discord/teamspeak only, but I always see tons of PF groups so I'm confused.

My first clear was in Party Finder!

The biggest thing is to be honest. Join a learning group once you’ve watched a video. Then join progression groups as you learn the fight. Joining a clear party is just gonna be frustrating for all involved - and the world is full of assholes, so you’ll figure out what that’s like before you clear.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HenryEx posted:

Waaait... is Magnai... does he want to marry the WoL :stare:.

"I'm your rolanberry"

As for Bardam, that's the point where the i270 gear from HW is starting to show its age, and as a tank you will feel that first. Be sure to upgrade your gear a bit before the next dungeon or it'll be really painful.

The things in there do hit hella hard though, and the boss of Bardam hurts even when your equipment is up to date.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We did a full goon min ilevel singularity reactor for a goon a few nights ago. Solo tank, 5 dps, newbie healer and experienced healer. Killed one add during the cast but it still goes off (hallowed through it) so they got to see the full glory of the double cast holy bladedance going off.

It’s absolutely the way to do it and I will min ilevel that fight all god damned day long.

I WILL BURY YOU AND YOUR BELIEF

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bardam is the point where I stop solo-queuing for LDR as a healer because actually keeping up with the healing is genuinely challenging on big pulls and I don't want to have to beg a pubbie tank to please slow down, sir

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Augmented Shire Gear can be pretty good in stats but it loses out on defense with gear that's slightly below or equal to it. Doesn't hit everyone equally but you'll feel it as a tank.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

HenryEx posted:

No. More specifically he's a turbonerd and really doesn't want a strong woman, mostly cause it reminds him of Sadu.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Brainamp posted:

No. More specifically he's a turbonerd and really doesn't want a strong woman, mostly cause it reminds him of Sadu.

I mean, he can't marry Sadu because I'm going to marry her instead.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Do the expansions for this ever go on sale? I tried the base game a few years ago after it went on sale on Humble Bundle and I was thinking about trying it out again.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
You just missed a big sale right around new years', so who knows how long 'til the next one.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

soscannonballs posted:

Do the expansions for this ever go on sale? I tried the base game a few years ago after it went on sale on Humble Bundle and I was thinking about trying it out again.
Sometimes but also Heavensward is included with Stormblood so its just one purchase, and if you haven't finished ARR yet you don't really need the expansions.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard there are musical instruments in this game now, are they cool?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Elentor posted:

I heard there are musical instruments in this game now, are they cool?

I learnt how to play All Star so yes.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's currently a harp that I've seen people do some neat stuff with. I think they're planning on adding more and making a designated UI for it.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The dedicated UI is coming in 4.2 along with (I think) two more instruments.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Unukalhai sure did just kill a bunch of dudes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HenryEx posted:

Magnai is one of the greatest characters they've ever added to the game. He's a huge turd who spends 1/3rd of his time putting on a cartoonishly bad scary growly voice to get foreigners to do menial chores for him and 2/3rds of his time whining about how he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

vOv posted:

I mean, he can't marry Sadu because I'm going to marry her instead.

I'll fight you for her. :colbert:

TFRazorsaw posted:

Unukalhai sure did just kill a bunch of dudes.

The edge was calling tonight.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vermain posted:

Magnai is one of the greatest characters they've ever added to the game. He's a huge turd who spends 1/3rd of his time putting on a cartoonishly bad scary growly voice to get foreigners to do menial chores for him and 2/3rds of his time whining about how he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Reminds me of one of the few quality posts on reddit.

"when someone comes to your cereal bowl castle and disrespects the sun"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sadu is best waifu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

This and the "You have no bait" lines always stood out to me.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

man, I realize that it exists so that sprouts can get reasonable queue times, but I wish there was a better way to level than LDR.

Like, on their own, I actually legitimately like all of the earlygame dungeons! I wouldn't call any of them highlights, obviously; but they've all got their own neat flavors and story and a couple cool gimmicks between them. But every time I queue as AST and get dropped anywhere without my Draw, I can feel my soul slowly leaving my body; and eventually it starts feeling like a punishment for daring to try out a new class. :smith:

At least sometimes you get talkative sprouts you can give advice to. :unsmith:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

dmboogie posted:

man, I realize that it exists so that sprouts can get reasonable queue times, but I wish there was a better way to level than LDR.

Just queue for your highest level dungeon instead; you lose the chance of getting LLDR bonus off of something fast like Ifrit, but its a bit more fun. The experience difference is pretty small.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Rainuwastaken posted:

Just queue for your highest level dungeon instead; you lose the chance of getting LLDR bonus off of something fast like Ifrit, but its a bit more fun. The experience difference is pretty small.

Plus it gives you a chance to actually brush up on your rotation. Nothing like doing 60->70 purely off LDR and ADR and never using any of your 62+ skills.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Probably still want to do LDR once per day for the bonus but otherwise, yeah, it's basically just a trap if you're actually leveling. Especially since you'll probably wind up dropped into Ifrit Normal or something and wind up with 200 XP for the queue time.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Asimo posted:

Probably still want to do LDR once per day for the bonus but otherwise, yeah, it's basically just a trap if you're actually leveling. Especially since you'll probably wind up dropped into Ifrit Normal or something and wind up with 200 XP for the queue time.

Last time I got dropped into Ifrit normal I got something like half the XP I got the previous day from a dungeon. So, it's better XP per minute but worse overall.

Also honestly they should just fix the thing where you have a level 50, a 58, a 63, and a 55 and you all get dropped into Sastasha. It should always be within like two or three dungeons of the lowest level character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I finished Heavensward.

I am not okay.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

I finished Heavensward.

I am not okay.

Did you stay or did you go?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

vOv posted:

Did you stay or did you go?

Just check youtube, now disappointed I didn't immediately find a music video of that sequence with that song.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Had a tank in Skalla pulling wall to wall, which was great, except after the second boss he grabbed the next pack and ran right off the cliff. He got my comm for his purity.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

There's a quirk of timing if you put out the right amount of DPS on the last boss though where you'll skip his wing phase. Generally if you have a melee dps and can get a Bladedance off when the boss hit's 16% you'll skip wing phase entirely.
Getting that Bladedance off requires knowing how the boss's attack phases work, mostly if it's already in an attack phase. In short: every time it casts Wind's Unbound it's locked into whatever it's going to do next, be those flutterfalls or Eyes of the Fierce. When transitioning to the Wings phase of the fight he has to cast a new Wind's Unbound. You have to start your Bladedance so it's animation is going when he starts casting or it's going to be wasted due to jump invulnerability.
There's also a slight factor that you need the exact right amount of damage from your group for this. If your group's overall damage output is too high you won't have LB2 in time, if it's too low you'll just get that phase change due to time passing instead of health being pushed.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Well this is my new favorite FFXIV meme.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I finished Heavensward.

I am not okay.

Who were you cheering on when Godzilla fought Voltron?

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I missed that the next patch will be adding transmog contests to the Golden Saucer. I'll need to think of things that aren't just sets. I also absolutely need that claw mount, there is no way an elf could look dignified using it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

I finished Heavensward.

I am not okay.

If you've got a house or apartment of your own to put stuff in, you can buy a painting of the two of them to hang on your wall. :unsmith:

I have a painting of Haurchefant hanging over my bed so there's no room for Papalymo and Yda, sadly.

What, did you think I meant a painting of Shinryu and Omega?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

"A mysterious masked gentleman has come to the Gold Saucer and is issuing challenges─of the fashion variety. From combinations to colors, can you coordinate your way into his heart? Or will his barbed tongue leave your pride in shreds? Join heads with your fellow adventurers and strive for the heights of fine fashion!"

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Finally acknowledging the true end game.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
it should automatically give you a failing grade if you show up in the Shisui gear

also no one has posted this cool new mount

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 18, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Kuvo posted:

it should automatically give you a failing grade if you show up in the Shisui gear

* unless you're a roegadude

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Sarrisan posted:

o4s is a victory lap compared to o3s. you only need to learn exfaust and half of ned and then you've won because neds dark secret is that it's just a 6 minute fight played twice in a row.

not a fan of this raid tier overall, creator was way more interesting.

depends on who you ask. I think tanks and healers might say differently. I at least find o3s way easier to farm repeat kill then o4s. And if our healer fucks something up in o3s we arent all dead like you are in o4s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Wacky Delly posted:

Finally acknowledging the true end game.

that we have to pay to win(retainers to hold all the poo poo he wants cause lol 200 slots)?

Kuvo posted:

also no one has posted this cool new mount

i hope thats the o8s mount. gently caress making a pet be your hardest boss glamour drop.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 18, 2018