Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably 30th.

i havent played the races yet. couldn't get into the controls. will try now.

I got the Platinum at 4am last night, and the last thing I did was the chariots. I found things a lot easier once I got used to drifting around the corners. Just slowing down isn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

:siren: The Hidden Ones DLC is dropping next week :siren:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Any hint on its actual content?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

poptart_fairy posted:

It's hidden. :ssh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Walked right into that, you cock. :v:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Deakul posted:

Patch is due out tomorrow, here's the notes:

Nothing too earth shattering, seems that both DLCs will be on separate world maps though somewhat unfortunately... I mean I understand the reasoning but I just hope that size-wise they're on the level of Toussaint from TW3 or something but I highly doubt they'll be anywhere near that big.

Looks like they haven’t fixed the bug with the DLC camels, where their tail loops back up their rear end. Oh well. At least we get a new quest.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

poptart_fairy posted:

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-317235-16/

I'm not digging the new look for Aya at all.

And some streamers have beaten the DLC already, it's around 4 or 5 hours long... for everything.
A bit disappointing, Ubi's really afraid of lengthy expansions.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 16, 2018

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah a big expansion would be great but 4-5 hours is about what I expected

e: discovery tour mode Feb 20th, Curse of the pharoahs March 6th

http://blog.ubi.com/en-GB/assassins-creed-origins-new-content-detailed-dated/

Wandle Cax fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 16, 2018

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Reddit is reporting people can access THO already? Confirm/deny? is that because of a season pass thing?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1825841-Unintentional-availability-of-The-Hidden-Ones-on-XB1

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I'm finally trying to finish up the game, just beat Crocodile and it seems I'm entering the climax with this next chunk. I assume this upcoming bit after the (seemingly) last modern day section is the big finale or do I still have a fair chunk to go?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You're basically halfway through the main campaign, you've got a decent amount left.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deakul posted:

You're basically halfway through the main campaign, you've got a decent amount left.

huh, impressive, I thought what they were setting up would be the last bit of things, nice to know I'll get plenty of time with what's coming though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Deakul posted:

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-317235-16/

I'm not digging the new look for Aya at all.

And some streamers have beaten the DLC already, it's around 4 or 5 hours long... for everything.
A bit disappointing, Ubi's really afraid of lengthy expansions.

Horse armor ruined gaming... :smith:

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Horse armor ruined gaming... :smith:

what?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kids these days

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Back in the day, you would pay $30 for an extra 30-50 hours of game content. These were known as "Expansion Packs." It might be more levels/missions for a game like Quake 2, or whole new areas and characters for a game like Morrowind.

But then Oblivion came along and Bethesda (and the industry at large) realized people would pay $5.99 to put extra armor on their horse (something they used to get for free from user-made mods). After that, the ROI for expansions changed dramatically. These days you are lucky to get an extra 20 hours of content from a $60 season pass: and most of the "content" are items/weapons which unbalance the base game.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Oh yeah the dlc is overpriced for sure but i'm sure it will be a decent 20 hours or so, plus all the extra junk. I got the gold edition at a fair price so i'm not too bothered

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Anyone know how to get into the pyramid south of sneferu’s tomb?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

kidkissinger posted:

Anyone know how to get into the pyramid south of sneferu’s tomb?

Is it this one you mean? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGFR4yrcv_M

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I got the gold edition for basically the same price as the base game was available at. In a year you can buy the gold edition for 30 bucks or less (see: Watch Dogs 2 Gold every time it was on sale for the past two months). Not only that, but "RoI" or "x hours of playtime for y dollars" is easily the dumbest metric gamers use to compare stuff. I vastly prefer a fun 5h expansion/game over one that stretches the same content over 10 or even 20 hours. And if the 5h expansion is not fun either, I simply won't buy it, it's no big deal if I can't keep playing the same game until the end of time.

Besides, even back in those mythical days, plenty of expansions were collections of low-effort/recycled content like skirmish maps and some unbalanced or otherwise half-assed campaign for RTS games, or a bunch of same-looking new corridors with one or two new monsters for FPS games.

Gamers, not horse armor ruined gaming. Without gamers pre-purchasing season passes at full price before they know what's even in them, buying horse armor in one of the (on PC) most openly moddable franchises, and following the mantra of "hours spent = content = fun", games as a service wouldn't be as far along as it is today.

orcane fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 18, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i mean this seems like a better purchase than "duke nukem 3d: duke on the beach"

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Without 'games as a service' pc gaming would very likely be dead so you pretty much couldn't be more wrong.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Pretty sure just about everybody in this thread is going to disagree with you on that

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've noticed a few missions have orange/red icons on the map. They're not the god challenges or anything, and don't seem any different from the others. What does the colour actually mean?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

poptart_fairy posted:

I've noticed a few missions have orange/red icons on the map. They're not the god challenges or anything, and don't seem any different from the others. What does the colour actually mean?

Pretty sure those are the two new missions that were added: One introduces the upcoming DLC, the other introduces the newly-added Horde mode.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh, that would explain it then! Cheers.

I got the game after the Horde mode was released so didn't get any notifications about that quest. Makes sense given it's dealing with the cyrene gladiator ring...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

It's the Animus, it could be both of those things.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
It says 4 years on the ubi blog post

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

That is Sneferu’s pyramid. There’s a pyramid about 600m to the south of that one which has no point of interest markets or anything- however, I’ve seen people’s photos on the map showing first civilization stuff beneath it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kidkissinger posted:

That is Sneferu’s pyramid. There’s a pyramid about 600m to the south of that one which has no point of interest markets or anything- however, I’ve seen people’s photos on the map showing first civilization stuff beneath it.

The exterior probably doesn't have an opening until you trigger a certain event in the "Gift from the Gods" quest (check your quest page). Then there's also an interior door that won't open until you solve the quest's puzzle.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lobok posted:

The exterior probably doesn't have an opening until you trigger a certain event in the "Gift from the Gods" quest (check your quest page). Then there's also an interior door that won't open until you solve the quest's puzzle.

Thanks!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dammit, only trophy is Old Habits. I can't find any incomplete locations on the map. :saddowns:

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

poptart_fairy posted:

Dammit, only trophy is Old Habits. I can't find any incomplete locations on the map. :saddowns:
Did you sail to the two ocean locations at the top of the map?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yup. Everything unfogged, nothing showing up anywhere even when I scrutinise the map with incomplete filter on.

Wouldn't bug me if this wasn't the only thing left, ha.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

poptart_fairy posted:

Supposedly you have to finish the storyline and you also can't have completed any locations or even objectives as Aya.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

poptart_fairy posted:

Yup. Everything unfogged, nothing showing up anywhere even when I scrutinise the map with incomplete filter on.

Wouldn't bug me if this wasn't the only thing left, ha.

You have to complete the thing in the Sphinx and get the Isu Armor for that achievement. As well as doing all the elephant fights.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Done all of that. :v:

Either bugged or missing a question mark. Ah well. Will just keep looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

poptart_fairy posted:

Done all of that. :v:

Either bugged or missing a question mark. Ah well. Will just keep looking.

I know they recently made the location markers easier to see and check if they were done. I had to scour the map a few times to find out of the way locations to complete :(