Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna be a nice 60*F today. In Colorado. In January. The next week is roughly the same except a quick snap again over the weekend.

I'm sure we'll pay for this with a snow day in May or something, but this has been a lackluster winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
That's cool. It's 26F in Jacksonville right now and it's the loving worst.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
When I left the south, my family was all "but it gets so cold up there in colorado" and poo poo. I'm lording this over them all week.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

That's cool. It's 26F in Jacksonville right now and it's the loving worst.

9 here

suck it

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Speaking of Detroit-style Deep Dish if any of youse guyse are ever up here in the great frozen north of Toronto there's a place called Descendent, the owner is a tattooed metalhead who makes some of the best goddamn pizza I've ever had and as a former fat kid I've eaten a lot of pizza.
https://www.blogto.com/restaurants/descendant-pizza-toronto/

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Shocking no one except SpongeBob who escaped to Colorado for a better life situation, the new VA hospital in Aurora CO is bigger with more staff, but cut every kind of onsite service.
Source: google it bitches

Reading through Maltese Falcon story right now, and the descriptions of people/what clothes they'r wearing feels like the clothing descriptions from the insane back half of American Pyscho.
Kinda preferring Chandler's Marlowe breezy style over Hammet's underwhelming Sam Spade right now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It’s like 70 in San Diego. It’s loving stupid. I forgot it basically stays one temp here

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My family was trying to guilt trip me into coming for Christmas. I stayed here and surfed while it hit -15 wind chil there lmfao.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Shocking no one except SpongeBob who escaped to Colorado for a better life situation, the new VA hospital in Aurora CO is bigger with more staff, but cut every kind of onsite service.
Source: google it bitches

I'm not surprised in the slightest. And it went what, triple the budget to construct?

You know why we don't have a full VA hospital in Colorado Springs?

Because VA Hospitals have a distance minimum between them. Oh, they can build a new one right down the road from the old one, but not in a huge military town with a half million population.

They should have just built a goddamn hospital in the Springs to ease the flow of vets driving all the way to Denver to burden that hospital instead of dumping billions into a hospital they're not bothering to staff fully.

Rustie Shackelford is going to yell at them on twitter a few times today.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 18, 2018

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Dude, I love the constant good weather in southern California, gives me more opportunities to get my girls to do poo poo outside.

Speaking of which, I got one of them an archery set on a whim for Christmas, and by God she drops everything if I suggest we go out to the range. For a kid that's been pretty "meh" on everything that isn't YouTube or drawing, it's been gratifying to see her take to it so quickly. It probably helps that the local archery club members are super chill and like giving pointers. I've got to get better at braiding hair, though, cause getting that poo poo caught in a moving bowstring is gonna be all bad.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My ex lives in San Diego with her husband who looks shockingly similar to me

In short, not going to San Diego.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suntan Boy posted:

Dude, I love the constant good weather in southern California, gives me more opportunities to get my girls to do poo poo outside.

Speaking of which, I got one of them an archery set on a whim for Christmas, and by God she drops everything if I suggest we go out to the range. For a kid that's been pretty "meh" on everything that isn't YouTube or drawing, it's been gratifying to see her take to it so quickly. It probably helps that the local archery club members are super chill and like giving pointers. I've got to get better at braiding hair, though, cause getting that poo poo caught in a moving bowstring is gonna be all bad.

Was she a big fan of the hunger games?

I'm probably gonna pick up a compound bow this winter so I can get some better opportunities at shooting a deer in the fall. It's easier to find time to hunt when the season is a month long.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

haven't seen a certain cop in a while

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Blehhhhh.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:barf:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I think you just turned me gay.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
its the coldest winter in florida in over 35 years

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ahahaha even that kid is disgusted.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

My favorite Hong Kong Pizza place Checkmate Pizza.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Suntan Boy posted:

suntan boy

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Slim Pickens posted:

Was she a big fan of the hunger games?

I'm probably gonna pick up a compound bow this winter so I can get some better opportunities at shooting a deer in the fall. It's easier to find time to hunt when the season is a month long.

Moviewise, she got as far as the big murderfest, then cried and refused to watch the rest. She just started on the books, which she coincidentally also got for Christmas. I floated a few ideas, but she really just wants to do Olympic style archery. Works for me, since the range is free to use, 10 minutes away, and the club holds classes for $5.

I like the idea of compounds, but I feel like I need an engineering degree to tinker with one. Which ones are you looking at?

Edit:

Mod shenanigans from however many years ago, plucked entirely from the ether. I don't tan so much as lobster.

Suntan Boy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 18, 2018

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:barf:
Welp. Now I'm not going to see my penis for a while.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suntan Boy posted:

I like the idea of compounds, but I feel like I need an engineering degree to tinker with one. Which ones are you looking at?

I'm mainly just searching craigslist and offerup for a used compound deal, mainly looking for something made in the last couple years and under $300, but the smart thing to do would be to go to a bowshop and get measured for draw length and weight and find a bow there that feels right. Being wrong-handed makes it a little more challenging to find anything in the used bow market, but bowtech and PSE seem like good bows.

I'm hoping to find a deal from some dude who feels a need to get a new bow every year, then get it set up at a bow shop, but I'll need to do some more research to make sure I'm not buying a bow that's a poor fit.

Edit: The Diamond(Bowtech) Edge bows seem nice and flexible for beginners and under $400, I'll probably aim for those unless I find something better from Bear or PSE

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 19, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

boop the snoot posted:

we were looking for a quick bite to eat. cicis was in the same parking lot as where we were.

we go in, i got like two plates. maybe 6.. 8 slices total?

she goes up and gets another plate. and another plate. and another plate.

she wasn't fat. in fact, she's probably one of the hottest chicks i've ever been with. but goddamn was she shoveling down some pizza. anyway, i'm thinking i should say something. it went something like this:

me: "don't you think you should slow down?"

her: "what do you mean?"

me: "that's like your 15th slice of pizza."

her: "so? it's a buffet. when in rome..." (i remember the "when in rome" comment because it was her buffet motto).

me: "yeah but you don't have the eat the entire buffet. you're not a fish" (because i hear fish will eat as long as food is available -- i don't even know if that's true)

her: "what's your point?"

me: "well, i think you're gorgeous and i just think if you keep eating.."

pizza thrown on on floor, she walks out.

Jesus dude, how long were you ignoring this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pKG3DhjPQw

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

its the coldest winter in florida in over 35 years

where's your global warming now? checkmate, libtards :smuggo:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

where's your global warming now? checkmate, libtards :smuggo:

in Minnesota, of all places.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

MA-Horus posted:

In short, not going to San Diego.

You're not really missing anything. gently caress San Diego.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ManMythLegend posted:

San Diego's pretty awesome actually. Certainly after being in Norfolk.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nah. It sucks here. Best thing is the magenta sunsets.

I grew up here. I will always love this place. But it’s gotten so goddamn hard to live. Rent goes up every single loving year. Forget trying to buy a house unless you have 400k to spend. The 5 can suck my dick because it’s the same one I drove back at JBlM.

Growing up here in the 90s was awesome as hell.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I just started playing Batman forever on Netflix. I haven't seen this movie in like 20 yrs but Nicole Kidman fine af

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Otherwise this seems way more dumb than i remember it being when I was 13, much like everything else

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mods change my name posted:

Otherwise this seems way more dumb than i remember it being when I was 13, much like everything else

OH NO!!!!! IT'S BOILING ACIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Nothing like an overnight trip turning into a two night trip but you only packed for an overnight trip :cripes:

At least the $300+ in mileage will be nice.

e: and gently caress it, I’m taking the per diem for dinner

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 19, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Lol that scene just played and I am considering finding something else now

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Just lol if you don't carry around a steering wheel lock in your helicopter

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mods change my name posted:

I just started playing Batman forever on Netflix. I haven't seen this movie in like 20 yrs but Nicole Kidman fine af

BA DA BAH BAH DAH DAH DAH DAH

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

ManMythLegend posted:

Silence... I kill you!

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Star Trek Discovery is worth watching.
The Mudd episode was fun, and Jason Isaacs appears to be playing an updated version of his character from the patriot.
The main character keeps getting emotionally ganked and the reveal of the manchurian klingon wasn't as bad as I expected.
Klingon storyline hasn't bored me yet, because there's no klingon weaboo like in TNG(worf) or DS9 (jadzia dax) dragging things down.
Switching to the mirror universe was a good move, happy there was mirror Spock's dad with goatee, wishing everyone in the mirror universe had a goatee,
especially Lorca's tribble & gorn skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Star Trek Discovery is worth watching.
The Mudd episode was fun, and Jason Isaacs appears to be playing an updated version of his character from the patriot.
The main character keeps getting emotionally ganked and the reveal of the manchurian klingon wasn't as bad as I expected.
Klingon storyline hasn't bored me yet, because there's no klingon weaboo like in TNG(worf) or DS9 (jadzia dax) dragging things down.
Switching to the mirror universe was a good move, happy there was mirror Spock's dad with goatee, wishing everyone in the mirror universe had a goatee,
especially Lorca's tribble & gorn skeleton.

I simply couldn't get through the first two episode. (that were supposed to be the pilot?)

Maybe I'll try again sometime.