Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's cool how the game hides a specific set of equipment that makes you completely trounce the first end boss you'll come across, but also puts the stuff to find the secret end boss around the same area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE4o5RshbcM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It takes so long to kill anything at the beginning of luck mode but hopefully I find a better weapon soon

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

It takes so long to kill anything at the beginning of luck mode but hopefully I find a better weapon soon

With good timing you can get the basilard early. Also, just unlocked the upside down castle. Hoooipe. Think I had a full clear of the first dungeon but I need to double check.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Orville posted:

With good timing you can get the basilard early. Also, just unlocked the upside down castle. Hoooipe. Think I had a full clear of the first dungeon but I need to double check.

Oh right, I forgot about the basilard. Off to fight the guys from Rondo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The Orville posted:

How can you see that??

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

How can you see that??

its a percentage on your save file in the memory card screen

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
out of all the names to pick for your ancient satanic shaman, why shaft?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started a new file not on luck mode bc it's been a while since I last played through this. I'll try luck again after I finish normal+Richter

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my current luck mode set-up has the ring of ares, which boosts your attack by some obscene amount but gives you negative defense. with my current life total i die in 2 or 3 hits, but i also kill everything in the same, so it cuts some of the stat bloat out of the game without forcing me to avoid health ups, or not use armor for stats and effects

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, lol i just now figured out how peanuts work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going into "calm freak out" mode after you finally reach the top of that big stairway/bell tower climb on the left side of the castle and a crow knocks you back down into that ghost sword lady and you get shredded

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

Going into "calm freak out" mode after you finally reach the top of that big stairway/bell tower climb on the left side of the castle and a crow knocks you back down into that ghost sword lady and you get shredded

Lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

oh man. also those loving flamberge knights with weird high pitched screams + medusa heads.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

What’s really strange is my luck mode run the very first schmoo dropped crissanagrim also

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Luck Mode done, best ending.

Final stats.

Alucard sums up my thoughts on the Crissaegrim.

I love I am the wind

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 19, 2018

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

The place that gets me is the clock tower

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Richter mode is really easy, especially all bosses because you get so powerful with each boss kill

Stared Richter just now and I don't think this is true. Doing consistent damage to enemies after a few bosses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Stared Richter just now and I don't think this is true. Doing consistent damage to enemies after a few bosses.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different Belmont mode...maybe in one of the GBA ones?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you just get some more hp after a boss fight, you stay the same strength throughout

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just thought about the portrait of ruin bonus mode that gave you nearly infinite flight + you just tapped on enemies to kill them.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

In Training posted:

Just thought about the portrait of ruin bonus mode that gave you nearly infinite flight + you just tapped on enemies to kill them.

DS+GBA castlevanias ftw. All of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When alucard thinks of the CVIII sprite

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I'm glad I failed The Climb on my first attempt because a stair knight dropped a Damascus Sword and this thing rips.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I checked out the tcrf page for this bc I figured it'd be cool ( https://tcrf.net/Castlevania:_Symphony_of_the_Night_(PlayStation) ) wildest thing is that instead of unlocking sound test the 196%+ reward in JP version was interviews with voice actors. Pretty cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Richter mode all bosses complete!

Final map.

Good luck with Galamoth all

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Richter mode all bosses complete!

Final map.

Good luck with Galamoth all

Is galamoth the giant lightning guy? I always had to cheese him with the item that makes you absorb lightning damage, doing him in Richter mode scares me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The more I play this game the more I realize what an absolute god-tier game it is. I think I might try Richter mode after I beat it as Alucard.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Is galamoth the giant lightning guy? I always had to cheese him with the item that makes you absorb lightning damage, doing him in Richter mode scares me.

richter mode you cn get behind his head with a dash and whip him to death but it probably takes one million years

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

The more I play this game the more I realize what an absolute god-tier game it is. I think I might try Richter mode after I beat it as Alucard.

It’s one of the greatest games of all time for sure

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

its seriously fuckin great, one of my favorite games ever. definitely do richter mode, its super cool

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I feel kinda scrubby abusing Soul Steal to get through the first few parts of Luck mode

Once you get one of the broken weapons, though, it's insanely good

My thinking is as long as you don't use death-skip at the beginning, everything is kosher

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

alucard down gonna start Richter now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The PS1 Classic is on sale for $4 right now btw.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
huh, poo poo, you can turn the doppelganger to stone. never done that before.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

huh, poo poo, you can turn the doppelganger to stone. never done that before.

you can also curse him

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really wish this game had a boss rush

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

you can also curse him

Yeah, that's how I had to beat him, used Red Rust, then switched back to a regular sword. For me that was the tipping point where I haven't had trouble just getting around. Summon Spirit is another good early crutch (but not for doppelgänger because it just goes into mist form when you cast it)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
red rust applies curse!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

you can also curse him

and stopwatch him

• Locked thread