Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Midnight Voyager posted:

There are absolutely no-kill shelters, they just aren't state-run humane societies. There's one near me that specifically takes at-risk-of-euthanasia animals from shelters to take care of and rehome, even if they have big physical problems or are poorly socialized. That's their entire focus, though.

Speaking as someone who works in a rescue, there is another famous no-kill rescue group in town that gets all kinds of awards and tons of donations and money for being no-kill.

What isn't talked about is that they simply ship off animals they don't want to kill shelters. We got an email, which is very rare, from them to our rescue asking if we could take a single cat who had a spot of ringworm. Otherwise they'd send him off to the pound, where he'd be put down on the spot.

Ringworm is pretty much athlete's foot. It is super contagious but it dies off within a month even without meds.

We took the cat and found out they had dipped him in lye to kill the fungus. Poor boy reeked so bad. But he's up for adoption about a month after that, a sweet social loverboy that was almost put down by the largest no-killer shelter in the city.

The cat in question of the Reddit post? I'm sorry but we have no shortage of angry semi-feral cats. Our barn cat program is always being asked about, and people are always shocked when they're told no, we don't have space for your super aggressive can't be with other cats or dogs cat/dog. Hard to find homes for healthy social animals. It can be impossible with an angry spiteful cat who attacks people for no reason. Sometimes an exception can be made but it depends on if anyone wants to foster it, and fosters are all volunteer. We don't get paid, everything comes from our pockets and the once in a while donation. Most donations go to the vet fund.

There are no true no-kill shelters. I guarantee the one you posted about has had to put animals down, either due to quality of life or disease or behavior issues.

edit: The Funko Pops? WTF. I got my mom the Snowman from Rudolph as a gag gift, and I think I still have an Ursula one I got on clearance at Hot Topic some years ago. I checked it on ebay and the fucker is selling for $200? That can't be right.

Wait I did get a Smaug Funko because my mom thought the dragon looked cool.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Face: Cat ladies produced hosed up babies.

Explanation: Oh yeah definitely gotta be poop parasites at fault.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mods please delete the words "her rubbing her face on" from the thread title tia.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

My mom had a very aggressive cat before she got pregnant with me and donated him to a friend when I was born, so as someone who has experienced a scenario very similar to the one described I urge them to keep the cat and not have children.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I'f you're immunocompromised toxo can cause brain lesions! :eng101:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Imagine how smart you would be if you had a whole legion of brains

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Chomp8645 posted:

Face: Cat ladies produced hosed up babies.

Explanation: Oh yeah definitely gotta be poop parasites at fault.

Only of they are infected shortly before pregnancy. After that, it's apparently not a problem.

Here's an article saying that the behavior issues that have been attributed to possible toxoplasmosis exposure are actually not related to toxo. This includes schizophrenia.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2016/02/20/myth-mind-altering-parasite-toxoplasma-gondii/#.WmFoZpNMHYU

The infection is also only contagious for a short time after initial infection. So by the time a blood test comes back as positive for toxoplasmosis gondii, the time frame for it to be contagious has likely passed. The tests look for antibodies.

You can also get it from raw or undercooked meat. Also all of those assholes that will only give their children unpasteurized milk have probably given their kids toxo.

House cats have an incredibly low likelihood of catching toxoplasmosis.

Bored fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 19, 2018

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Zedd posted:

I'd say some good money for Zuarg and Blue Story to start a thread again tbh.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827922&perpage=40

Zuargs current active thread

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bored posted:

Actually it causes pretty severe birth defects in the babies because humans are not meant to be part of toxo's life cycle.

I've thought about getting tested for toxoplasmosis to see if I have the antibodies for it since I think cats are awesome.
Yeah it doesn't make humans irrationally friendly towards cats like it does mice, because humans are very different than mice. What it actually does if a human gets infected, most of the time, is nothing. The parasites go into an inactive state and form cysts somewhere in your body, and your immune system keeps them from ever doing anything else. This is why the actual sickness part of toxoplasmosis tends to manifest in people with compromised immune systems, iirc. And of course it's bad for fetuses.

But it's like cordyceps, in that while the varying species of cordyceps pretty well gently caress over whatever organism they're adapted to hijack, they can't do any of that to humans. I don't think a specialized parasite like that can even really do much to a related species, much less humans? Like would toxoplasmosis make a squirrel run to cats? I don't think so.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Congenital toxo is no joke.

AFP posted:

The classic triad of signs suggestive of congenital toxoplasmosis includes chorioretinitis, hydrocephalus, and intracranial calcifications. However, other clinical manifestations also are associated with the disease (Table 2).

Because clinical manifestations may be nonspecific, T. gondii infection must be considered in a large variety of presentations.22 Congenital toxoplasmosis can mimic disease caused by organisms such as herpes simplex virus, cytomegalovirus, and rubella virus.

Premature infants with toxoplasmosis may develop CNS and ocular disease in the first three months of life. In contrast, T. gondii–infected full-term infants more often have milder disease, with hepatosplenomegaly and lymphadenopathy in the first two months of life.22 Although most infants infected in utero are born with no obvious signs of toxoplasmosis on routine newborn examination, up to 80 percent develop learning or visual disabilities later in life.32,33 With congenital infection, reduction of visual acuity and new eye lesions may occur through the third decade of life or even later. Ocular problems require a complete ophthalmologic evaluation.

Although it's incidence in the US is very low, so most low-risk mothers aren't screened. Those with HIV are screened routinely because toxo is one of the organisms that loves to run amok when the immune system is sleeping.

Interestingly, congenital toxo produces some of the same symptoms as congenital CMV as well as congenital rubella infection.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bored posted:

Only of they are infected shortly before pregnancy. After that, it's apparently not a problem.

Here's an article saying that the behavior issues that have been attributed to possible toxoplasmosis exposure are actually not related to toxo. This includes schizophrenia.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2016/02/20/myth-mind-altering-parasite-toxoplasma-gondii/#.WmFoZpNMHYU

The infection is also only contagious for a short time after initial infection. So by the time a blood test comes back as positive for toxoplasmosis gondii, the time frame for it to be contagious has likely passed. The tests look for antibodies.

You can also get it from raw or undercooked meat. Also all of those assholes that will only give their children unpasteurized milk have probably given their kids toxo.

House cats have an incredibly low likelihood of catching toxoplasmosis.
Dang you posted something much more sources before I even posted my post, but yeah. Brain-affecting parasitism is fairly complex and the main reason it works for anything is by being really specifically adapted to a host species. Like the evolutionary paths to get there took a long time to develop, and all by chance, it just stuck around because hey it turns out having mice run to cats is very useful for getting into cats, or if you already make mice run to cats the evolutionary strains that can then survive in cats and be pooped out are going to stick around.

It's like an extremely complex lock and key pair. You can't just use that key on any lock.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I've been reading Raymond Chandler novels so I figured I'd give "detective" a whirl

My retired detective Dad [60M] and I [25F] were watching Better Call Saul and police corruption was a major theme of the episode. I misspoke and asked him if he ever "took a bribe." He won't believe I misspoke. How can I fix this?

quote:

u/dadisntadirtycop

My dad and I have been watching Better Call Saul. With minimal spoilers, there were several dirty cops in the episode.

After the episode ended, I meant to ask him if he had ever been offered a bribe, but accidentally said "took a bribe." He said "what?" and I corrected myself.

He told me a story about a time a nightclub owner offered him and his partner $1,000 a month to back off, and another story about a guy in his precinct who got caught taking a bribe.

I thought we were okay, but before I left he told me "I'm really hurt that you would ask that. Don't ever say that to me again."

I tried to explain that I misspoke and never would have suspected he'd do something like that, but he just said "okay, goodnight." We watched the episode last night and haven't spoken since then.

I really did misspeak. I love my dad and I know he would never do something like that. He was a good cop and had a long, honest career and I'm extremely proud of him. I feel terrible that he might think that I ever suspected he was anything but honorable.

tl;dr: Misspoke and now my dad believes I thought he was capable of taking bribes while he was a police officer. He's hurt and I don't think he believes me when I tried to reassure him that I know he'd never do something like that. What should I do?

hmmm

Me [35 F] with my husband [35 M] and son [1 M]. He’s trying to book a three week vacation for us without him. I’m questioning motives.

quote:

u/homecountrythrow

I’m doing this from a throwaway because he’s on reddit. I will provide all the background details and hopefully it makes sense.

We’ve been married for almost 2 years, together for 3, most of which I’ve lived in his country. I’m a native English speaker and while I’ve learned some of the language here, not enough to understand conversations between two native speakers.

As of late, I have noticed some changes in behaviour, but wasn’t sure if I was looking too much into it. He seemed to be going out a lot to run errands and these errands would take a lot longer than they really should (i.e. gone an hour to go to the local store in walking distance). He suddenly decided he wanted to lose weight and put himself on an aggressive diet to lose 20 lbs quickly. He doesn’t seem to care much that our sex life has pretty much grinded to a halt after having our son. And especially weird, last week he mentioned to me that his genital area was red and had some discomfort. When I suggested that it could be an STI, he got upset that I was accusing him of cheating but I responded with saying that perhaps it was something that was dormant that is presenting itself now (is that likely, who loving knows… I just wasn’t mentally prepared to get into it with him). A day or two later he told me he went to see the doctor, I said “oh about what’s happening down there?”, he said no, about something else (which I can’t even recall) but that he the situation went away and he’s positive it was a yeast infection. I personally would have taken the opportunity to speak/get tested with my doctor about it rather than using WebMD as my go to for diseases, but that’s just me.

Fast forward three weeks, my husband was offered a job in a foreign country. We decided we wanted the experience and so I quit my job and we moved. The week leading up to the move I often had no clue where he was because he was tying up loose ends with people and doing things related to the move. I’ve always been frustrated with the fact that I can’t understand much of what he’s saying when he’s speaking on the phone and he freely books whatever he wants, leaving me to be at home alone with our son. In the back of my mind I thought, “he could be planning poo poo with a mistress in front of me and I’d be none the wiser”. Sadly, I felt some sense of relief with moving to this new country because if there was anything happening back there, that could pretty much be eliminated. We moved this week and the first day here he decides to say “I wanted to let you know that for your birthday, I am sending you and (our son) to (my home country)”. He thought it was perfect because I didn’t have a job lined up yet and it would be a great opportunity to see my family… for THREE WEEKS. I was a bit floored by the time period and said “wow, you’re certainly going to play a lot of video games in that amount of time”. He responded “I’ll probably go back to (his home country) for a visit since it’s (friend) and (friend) birthday that month”. So yeah, without wife and child, he’s going to go back home. Some important information, our finances are incredibly bad… at least his are. We have a mutual account as well as personal finances and he has close to 50k in student and consumer debt. This move also cost a bit of money and I currently have no job. The idea of paying for an international flight for my birthday seems ludicrous given our current situation. Not to mention we don’t really get each other gifts. I explained this to him and in the past 24 hours he’s brought it up FOUR times. He REALLY wants me to go.

Am I reading too much into this? Could this just be a nice gesture and my mind is too warped to see it?

For any of you wondering why I haven’t been more of a detective, he’s more tech savvy than me, would know better than to leave messages on his phone and speaks in a different language anyway.

tl;dr: husband is adamant to send me and son off for three week vacation to my home country. He wants to spend that time going to his home country. All behaviour leading up to it is suspicious.

hmmmmmmmm

My [28 F] husband [34 M] of 5+ years constantly lies to me about his buying/selling of electronics; just found out he sold my tablet and pocketed the cash

quote:

u/11throwaway23

I'm at a loss right now and I have no one to turn to.

My husband of 5+ years (8ish years together) has a problem with lying to me. This has been a reoccurring theme in our relationship. The biggest symptom of the problem is his buying/selling of electronics - namely - keeping said transactions a secret and hiding accounts and funds from me. We are on a strict budget to put together an emergency fund and undertake some home improvement projects. He has lied to me repeatedly about these transactions, and he has admitted he has a problem.

I feel as if we're stuck in a toxic cycle that repeats every few months: he exhibits some sort of behavior I feel is suspect; I e-snoop (on my machine, looking at public accounts - still not proud of this); I find incriminating evidence; I confront him; he apologizes profusely and swears he'll change / work on it / etc; we go on for a few months as normal; cycle repeats.

Last night, my suspicions were raised. I googled his most frequently used account handle and clicked on Images. On the first page was a picture from a selling site of my iPad. The iPad that I've been looking for for the last few months. The iPad that I mentioned not two nights prior and asked "do you think it's possible it was lost or stolen somewhere along the way?" to which he replied "who would steal it?" My jaw dropped and my heart started pounding. I clicked on the link and learned that he had sold my iPad a year ago for some insignificant amount.

I confronted him last night and he seemed genuinely remorseful. Or upset that he had been caught yet again. I feel completely and utterly betrayed. I don't know what to do or how to feel. Part of me wants to brush everything off and gloss over it. I don't want to leave. We have two small children. But I don't know how to move past all of the lies. He clearly has no issue lying to me. And it's likely what I've found is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm just not that good of a detective.

I'm at the point where I can't believe a single thing he says. Nothing would shock me at this point. I feel like I don't even know who this person is.

The idea of therapy has been thrown around every time one of these 'cycles' occurs. He was supposed to book a session last time this happened, but didn't. I gave him the name of two therapists last night and told him to make an appointment today, which he did. I'm scared of going to therapy, and I wonder if it can help us.

He's a redditor. If you stumble across this and you feel as if this has violated your privacy - I'm sorry. I wouldn't want to share this with anyone close to us, but I feel like I'm drowning.

tl;dr: Husband of 5+ years has a long history of lying to me. My trust in him is repeatedly broken and I'm wondering if our relationship can be saved.

sometimes you just have to throw away the whole man and start over

girl pants fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 19, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

girl pants posted:

Me [35 F] with my husband [35 M] and son [1 M]. He’s trying to book a three week vacation for us without him. I’m questioning motives.

hmmmmmmmm
Sounds like an opportunity to me. Take the trip and never go back because there's nothing to go back to, no home no friends no job, only a lovely husband.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Are Funko Pops collectors like Beanie Baby hoarders who think they're going to be worth something some day, or are they actually just collecting them for their own sake?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
If you're tired of posts about killing cats and open relationship trainwrecks, I bring you a wholesome journey of self discovery from /r/bodybuilding

Am I gay?

quote:

I think this might be a question that many of us in the lifting community have asked ourselves (hopefully i'm not alone here). It's not that I would ever gently caress a guy so clearly I'm not fully gay but honestly I'm starting to think I'm like 20%. I spend a somewhat unreasonable amount of time observing and admiring male physiques on various subreddits like /r/bodybuilding and /r/Brogress , watching youtube lifting videos not even for the advice anymore since they're basically just going over the same poo poo I already know but I just want to see them lift heavy rear end weight and get that sick pump. Even in my daily life, at the gym or elsewhere, I'll find myself checking out dudes (but mostly women of course) and thinking "that guy has a nice physique" or "that dude probably bangs alot of chicks." And weirdest of all I've even found myself starring at the dude somewhat in porn if he's good looking and in good shape. I actually really am not a huge fan of POV porn anymore because I like seeing the guy in the equation. And I actually struggle to watch porn where the dude is really fat and gross looking. I'd prefer an attractive lean fit guy in my porn.
Am I alone here, r/bodybuilding? Or are there some fellow 20%ers here who shun away at the thought of engaging in gay sex with another man but do genuinely enjoy covertly checking a guy out with a nice pump looking thick, solid, and tight at the gym?
Edit: I have never gotten a boner thinking about a dude btw
Edit 2: Someone said it may be due to me being envious of bigger guys. This definitely makes sense because I do wish I looked like the guys I mire.
Edit 3: Do you guys prefer porn with a dude in it or do you do just straight lesbian? I definitely prefer ones with a dude in it but only ONE dude. If the number of cocks outnumbers the number of pussies, I'm not interested so I can't be THAT gay.
Edit 4: Someone made a good point in the comments. The gayness really only started after I got deep into lifting so I think a lot of you guys are probably in the same boat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

If you're tired of posts about killing cats and open relationship trainwrecks, I bring you a wholesome journey of self discovery from /r/bodybuilding

Am I gay?

But I'm a Bodybuilder

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PetraCore posted:

Yeah it doesn't make humans irrationally friendly towards cats like it does mice, because humans are very different than mice. What it actually does if a human gets infected, most of the time, is nothing. The parasites go into an inactive state and form cysts somewhere in your body, and your immune system keeps them from ever doing anything else. This is why the actual sickness part of toxoplasmosis tends to manifest in people with compromised immune systems, iirc. And of course it's bad for fetuses.

But it's like cordyceps, in that while the varying species of cordyceps pretty well gently caress over whatever organism they're adapted to hijack, they can't do any of that to humans. I don't think a specialized parasite like that can even really do much to a related species, much less humans? Like would toxoplasmosis make a squirrel run to cats? I don't think so.

nice try, cat poop parasite.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
People are making racist comments about me [16 M] and my girlfriend [16F] and I am worried about my girlfriend's reaction.

quote:

I am a white guy and my girlfriend is black. She is a very lovely person but she can get a temper on her and she has been in trouble for fighting in the past. She does boxing as a way of channelling her stress.

Anyway, at school some people have made racist comments about our relationship. They have said things like I should be arrested for committing bestiality by dating her and stuff like that. They have also called her racial slurs.

Although, I know they are just ignorant the comments have gotten to my girlfriend. The other week I had to hold her back from punching someone and take her away to cool down. She is a strong person and I am a bit frightened that she might punch them and then get expelled or even arrested.

We have complained to the school about the comments, but they have said it is just kids being kids basically.

I keep telling her that they are just trying to goad her into getting into trouble and the best thing to do is to ignore them.

tl;dr: My girlfriend is being goaded and taunted by racists. I am worried she will lose her temper and end up getting arrested or something.

This is where instead of stopping her from kicking their asses you provide an alibi for when she allegedly kicked their asses. :murder:

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But I'm a Bodybuilder

Shoo Shoo temptations goblin

HCFJ fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 19, 2018

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Angry Salami posted:

Are Funko Pops collectors like Beanie Baby hoarders who think they're going to be worth something some day, or are they actually just collecting them for their own sake?

i mean there's somewhat of a secondary market for super rare variant chase comic con supernatural glow in the dark pops, obviously the regular ones you can get at Target will likely never be worth much.

But obviously for a guy like this, Funko is his Thing, and he'd have to be delusional to think he'd get a fraction of what he spent back if he ever did decide to sell it all off. Maybe if he was strategic and only bought the rare ones, but he has like 10 Pennywises.

In the reddit thread, he was saying that the reason he worked out all those exemptions is that if he waited to buy the special pops on ebay, they'd be drastically more expensive. So I guess only spending $2000 a year on them is tightening the belt.

Funny enough, someone did link that famous Beanie Baby divorce picture in the reddit thread, and he took it in good spirits.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Am I gay?

I love that he edited this post four times to add justifications for why he's totally not gay you guys

he gay

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

girl pants posted:

My retired detective Dad [60M] and I [25F] were watching Better Call Saul and police corruption was a major theme of the episode. I misspoke and asked him if he ever "took a bribe." He won't believe I misspoke. How can I fix this?

There are no good cops, only bystanders. OP was right to confront his father for being part of an unjust and oppressive institution.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

girl pants posted:

I love that he edited this post four times to add justifications for why he's totally not gay you guys

he gay

Either gay or getting bi.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Most people are only barely getting bi.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I get bi with a little help from my friends :gay:

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Absurd Alhazred posted:

People are making racist comments about me [16 M] and my girlfriend [16F] and I am worried about my girlfriend's reaction.

This is where instead of stopping her from kicking their asses you provide an alibi for when she allegedly kicked their asses. :murder:

I honestly think he's making the right call here since this school totally seems like the place turn around and toss the book at her via "No Tolerance" policies if she does anything meaner than glaring angrily towards her white classmates.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

girl pants posted:

I get bi with a little help from my friends :gay:

~~~later~~~

Come together right now over me!

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Bored posted:

Actually it causes pretty severe birth defects in the babies because humans are not meant to be part of toxo's life cycle.

I've thought about getting tested for toxoplasmosis to see if I have the antibodies for it since I think cats are awesome.

No point, most people who have cats have encountered toxo and are antibody positive without ever having an infection.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Arbitrary Coin posted:

I honestly think he's making the right call here since this school totally seems like the place turn around and toss the book at her via "No Tolerance" policies if she does anything meaner than glaring angrily towards her white classmates.

BF should lay one of the fuckers out himself.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

BF should lay one of the fuckers out himself.

and get expelled/arrested?

Like there's no real good solutions there if the school won't do anything, I guess maybe document and sue/go public with it but we're talking about literal teenagers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Either that or record said taunting and put it on social media, the answer to everything nowadays.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I [23 F] don't have a relationship with my sister [21 F] anymore and it's all about DNA

quote:

My sister and I don’t have a relationship anymore. And it’s all because of the way we look. We’re biracial and we have differing complexions. She has caramel skin and I have olive skin.

When we were little, we never had a problem. I guess you can call it the obliviousness and blissful ignorance of extreme youth. But during our teenage years, things began to change. Initially, it wasn’t anything major, but things eventually escalated. Some extended family members and people in our community, would show hints of favourtism towards me during those years.

That’s how it began. Initially, I didn’t do anything about it. Just ignored it. And then the resent towards me from my sister began. And it got worse when I found the courage to stand up to extended family members or people at school – telling them to cut it out. And that just made my sister angrier – she thought by telling people to stop, I was patronizing her in a smug manner. Which was not my intention at al. By the time I was 18 and she 16, our relationship was in tatters.

When I went home for Christmas last year, my sister was also there. We barely talked. If we did, it was about the most trivial things and not the flowing conversations we always used to have. We barely talked. About anything.

tl;dr

I hate that we’re like this. We used to be so close as kids and now it’s like we are strangers. What exacerbates the situation is that we both live in different cities a ways apart, and I feel like we are now strangers. She harbors a lot of anger and resent towards me. If I try to broach the conversation, she just clams up and says she doesn’t wanna talk about it. I’m honestly at the point where I don’t know what to do.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Palpek posted:

I [23 F] don't have a relationship with my sister [21 F] anymore and it's all about DNA

Why doesn't he tell his sister what he just told reddit

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My (23f) boyfriend (38m) is obsessed with getting me pregnant?

quote:

I met D a little over a month ago and we have been dating ever since. He's a wonderful guy who treats me great, like I've never been treated before. There's just this one thing. I guess this all started on the first date when he asked how many kids I wanted. I was so shocked when I found out we wanted the same thing! Twins - a boy and a girl. That wasn't weird itself, but what came next has been freaking me out. Every time we have sex, he talks about how badly he wants to get me pregnant. So at first I thought this was just a fetish thing or something. Then he brought it up when we were out having dinner. He said he couldn't wait for us to have the twins, then right after another baby then another. I totally disagreed with this! I want 2 kids, not 4 and especially not back to back. He didn't accept this and insisted he wanted 4 children all right after another and wouldn't compromise at all.

So today after him talking about getting me pregnant again during sex, I asked about it. I said 'Do you want to get me pregnant, do you want me to be pregnant or do you want me to have a baby?' Maybe to gauge if this was just a fetish. He started role playing as if we were parents already - "Honey! Go take care of your babies! They're crying and I have to work in the morning!" I said if he acted that way I would take the babies to my sisters house and he said he wouldn't let us go anywhere! I was so fed up so I asked "Why do you always want to talk about me having babies??" But he said he needed to get some water and then told me he was tired so I had to go home! Wtf is going on? He's super nice and perfect besides this weird baby stuff. Is this a fetish or does he already want me to have hia kids?

tldr: my boyfriend won't stop talking about getting me pregnant. I can't tell if this is a fetish or if he is for real and he ia dodging my questions.
:yikes:

Palpek fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 19, 2018

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Palpek posted:

Run

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Palpek posted:

i wonder how much this guy makes

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Palpek posted:

A month. Why is breaking up not the first thing on her mind with this weirdo instead of continuing to have sex with him. Why.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Labes for days posted:

A month. Why is breaking up not the first thing on her mind with this weirdo instead of continuing to have sex with him. Why.

Streak posted:

i wonder how much this guy makes

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Why doesn't he tell his sister what he just told reddit

there is no "he" in this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Labes for days posted:

She's 23, she probably thinks this is fixable.

Ahhh, my favorite immediate red flag phrase: "everything's great except for this one little thing".