Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I have no idea if my Ignis Wraith is well built or not, I just jammed a buncha poo poo in it.

Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Serration, Riven (+67.7% Multishot, +118.9% Crit Chance), Point Strike, Maligant Force, Vital Sense, High Voltage.

I play this for like, a month on and off every few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ignis wraith has very low base crit and you will get more out of adding more elemental damage mods instead.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
The crit isn't terrible, and if he has a riven he can definitely build for it. That said, I find that a gas status build is better for clearing out hordes of trash mobs, which is what the Ignis Wraith really excels at.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Big shoutout to Denvine for farming up my MK-1 weapons to max rank and getting me a shitton of credits to play with. Also a buncha mods from the big welcome to fucktown package.

I got all of Rhino's components in the oven as well as a Boltor and Grakata. I feel like I'm quite well on my way to doing poo poo. :unsmith:

When you're done levelling the Grakata, build another Grakata and turn them into Twin Grakatas.

Also, I will sell you a Prisma Grakata for 75p. It's like the regular grakata but with double magsize and more proc chance. Also it is shiny.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ignis wraith has very low base crit and you will get more out of adding more elemental damage mods instead.

This is incorrect. The Ignis Wraith's crit is at precisely the point where slotting for crit over raw damage becomes very very slightly better for DPS, which means that if you have this riven your ignis can end up doing 23k DPS as well.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Magres posted:

For your entertainment, I submit the following Play In Two Acts

I love this stupid goddamned game, it takes a pretty wonderful game to make accidentally blowing yourself up into a positive experience.

Ohhhh that explains the Mot run.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Big shoutout to Denvine for farming up my MK-1 weapons to max rank and getting me a shitton of credits to play with. Also a buncha mods from the big welcome to fucktown package.

I got all of Rhino's components in the oven as well as a Boltor and Grakata. I feel like I'm quite well on my way to doing poo poo. :unsmith:

Just remember to log in on Valentines day for the seasonal color palette. The best way to play Rhino is as the Huggernaut.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I take back what I said about the Azima, just threw the mag down with my Resonance Banshee build and nearly blinded myself with energy colours. was pretty awesome.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I had a friend refuse to play warframe because they "hate robots". They said "I hate robots" and never gave the game a look.

Now I can safely tell them you are in fact not controlling a robot.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Your friend is dumb

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have a feeling that if they're going to say something like that in general then the specifics aren't going to matter

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
You had a friend. Not anymore.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Magres posted:

For your entertainment, I submit the following Play In Two Acts

I love this stupid goddamned game, it takes a pretty wonderful game to make accidentally blowing yourself up into a positive experience.

Weissritter posted:

I can attest to this, I even ran missions with him twice yesterday!

Lenz is awesome like that.

To be fair; most of those times last night happened because I was trying to pull off a glide shot and released while passing in front of a column, or an enemy going 'Mr. President!" and putting his face in the way of me trying to shoot a Nox. You should have seen the first few times I deployed with it,

Now that I'm getting used to Lenz's (Lenz'? Is there a rule for z?) projectile speed/arc and blast radius I'm pulling off all kinds of cheeky shots. I'm killing things around corners, behind cover, on top of stuff... hell, I'm doing motherfucking fadeaways when things get too close quarters.

I went to Cetus today and nailed a dropship from so far away that Hek and Lotus were still talking about reinforcements while I was on my way to the next waypoint.

I'll never stop using this god drat 'bow'. :allears:

/edit:

Dreadwroth posted:

Ohhhh that explains the Mot run.

The Mot run was me finding out Nidus' tankiness and health regen doesn't mean much if your health is still in one-shot range from those heavy-hitting wankers that spawn from 10:00 onwards. Not to mention Void Vor :(. By The Lotus, shut the gently caress up Vor.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 19, 2018

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Tenno are canned spam with guns and murder in their hearts, tell your friend that.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I farmed hard for Mesa when she first came out. Built her as soon as possible, but never really saw the appeal. She just didn't seem that strong, but I held onto her, just because I liked the color scheme I came up with.

I just now found out that you're supposed to hold down the shoot button with her ult instead of tapping it a bunch.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Finally made it to Uranus. Are a majority of the maps Submersible or are all the worst maps just frontloaded? Are the Junction objectives super difficult?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MelvinBison posted:

Finally made it to Uranus. Are a majority of the maps Submersible or are all the worst maps just frontloaded? Are the Junction objectives super difficult?

Everything about Uranus is basically designed to make a player stop playing. It is awful but the best content in the game comes right after.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Got a question regarding builds in general (and this one in particular):

I've been working on a Chromatic Blade Excalibur for a bit, and was using this build from Warframe Builder (I'm lazy, just went by 'most popular' ):

Efficiency: 190%
Duration: 40%
Strength: 180% (Only if Energy Conversion is active, it's 130% otherwise)
Range: 100%

But watching some videos last night, I came across this:

Efficiency: 190%
Duration: 67.5%
Strength: 200% (All the time)
Range: 100%

Both have 6.3 energy/sec consumption for EB; I'm also using this Mire build since someone recommended it for that innate 10% virus.

So, questions:
-In general, does it matter how you achieve the ability modifiers, mod-wise, or just the final numbers?
-Either of those builds strike you guys as outright better than the other? I'm leaning towards the second once since it has much better duration, which is useful for radial blinds, and has a 'guaranteed' 200% strength, which is important for Chromatic Blade since at 180% it has 100% status chance (I'm a bit concerned about RNG loving me over by not spawning energy orbs to trigger Energy Conversion which would make the first one have 130%).
-I guess a point could be made about swapping out Flow for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, but I'm not sure how bad an idea that is without Steel Fiber in there?
-Should I keep using Mire, or would I be better off with a Nikana variant or whatever?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
New player here. Just unlocked Venus, found I had most of the polymer bundles for a clan key but not all. Not sure where I got them from to start with, so any advice on how to get enough to do Clan Key and the Traxon?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Tylana posted:

New player here. Just unlocked Venus, found I had most of the polymer bundles for a clan key but not all. Not sure where I got them from to start with, so any advice on how to get enough to do Clan Key and the Traxon?

Polymer bundles mostly seem to fall from the sky for me, I've never had a shortage. Any time you need resources, find a planet that drops them and then do the local defense/survival missions. It seems like you get a lot more from killing mooks than you do from meticulously opening every chest. In the case of polymer bundles, you can find them on Mercury and Venus.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

-Should I keep using Mire, or would I be better off with a Nikana variant or whatever?

剣の道 NIKATA PRIME

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Sarsapariller posted:

Polymer bundles mostly seem to fall from the sky for me, I've never had a shortage. Any time you need resources, find a planet that drops them and then do the local defense/survival missions. It seems like you get a lot more from killing mooks than you do from meticulously opening every chest. In the case of polymer bundles, you can find them on Mercury and Venus.

Haha. Typical, first Venus mission threw enough at me. Must have been the storyline mission vs the Corpus that gave me my first chunk.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Edmond Dantes posted:

-Either of those builds strike you guys as outright better than the other? I'm leaning towards the second once since it has much better duration, which is useful for radial blinds, and has a 'guaranteed' 200% strength, which is important for Chromatic Blade since at 180% it has 100% status chance (I'm a bit concerned about RNG loving me over by not spawning energy orbs to trigger Energy Conversion which would make the first one have 130%).
-I guess a point could be made about swapping out Flow for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, but I'm not sure how bad an idea that is without Steel Fiber in there?

I personally use something very similar to the first build, because I can't imagine playing Excalibur without Rage. I don't worry about the blind timer much since anything I blind is going to be dead very quickly anyway.

I use a mire build very similar to yours, except I'm a fan of Healing Return over Life Strike. Sustained healing over burst, preference I guess.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rainuwastaken posted:

I personally use something very similar to the first build, because I can't imagine playing Excalibur without Rage. I don't worry about the blind timer much since anything I blind is going to be dead very quickly anyway.
Yeah, I think I'd rather have Rage/Hunter Adrenaline over Flow for the same reason I'm a bit wary of Energy Conversion: I don't like depending on energy orbs; they're usually not an issue when I'm playing in a party, but from time to time I'll deploy solo and not see a single loving energy orb in the whole mission. :argh:

Rainuwastaken posted:

I use a mire build very similar to yours, except I'm a fan of Healing Return over Life Strike. Sustained healing over burst, preference I guess.
No, it totally makes sense, but I don't have Healing return. v:v:v I just checked the market and it's like 4 plat, so I'll grab it next time I log in.

Weeping Wound posted:

剣の道 NIKATA PRIME

Which one, I have all 3. :colbert: (Seriously asking, I remember people saying Dragon was better than Prime for some reason?)

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Weeping Wound posted:

剣の道 NIKATA PRIME

If you love nikana prime then go for it, I doubt you can actually notice the difference between them when playing unless you are in endless defense wave 30 or something.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Which one, I have all 3. :colbert: (Seriously asking, I remember people saying Dragon was better than Prime for some reason?)

Dragon is close enough to prime that with a good Riven, the much better Riven disposition makes up for it.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Only a baka gaijin would not elevate them all to glory on his or her weeaboo pedestal. Glory being a potato and giving them wacky colors.

Some day they'll let you display weapons and then you'll see!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How the hell am I supposed to show off my Lato Vandal if I can't put it on a pedestal prime? I sure as poo poo can't take it out hunting.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think I used a bad build or Ive got bad perceptions cause it feels like chromatic blade mire is a worse combo than pure power and nikana prime. The health back is nice but didn't feel like it made up for it. Also bought the conclave skin for the nikana so I'm obviously broken.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, questions:
-In general, does it matter how you achieve the ability modifiers, mod-wise, or just the final numbers?

The second build lets you not have to deal with with energy orbs in exchange for being a bit less tanky. On defense or exterminate or whatever you're fairly likely to get one energy orb early on and then leave chromatic blade on forever, so it's not a very big deal, but #2 can be nice in modes where you aren't killing tons of stuff and so not getting lots of chances to drop energy orbs. For example, running through a rescue mission while ignoring most enemies and then pulling out the lightsaber to dice up some wardens. Flow strikes me as pretty unnecessary on a build that already has max efficiency. You could swap it out pretty easily for steel fiber (for more durability) or hunter adrenaline (for better energy regen, so you can keep chromatic blade up forever without caring about energy pickups).

As for weapon choice: in general, your weapon choice doesn't affect 'exalted weapons' at all, only its equipped mods do. Even weapon-specific mods like augments or rivens are ignored. You can just choose the weapon that looks coolest, the weapon that already has the right forma to fit the mods, the weapon that works best with the mods so it's strong when you're not using your exalted ability, or even a weapon with some unique utility gimmick like the heliocor for scan-hammering things or the sancti magistar to heal your allies (but you can only use these gimmicks by turning exalted blade off).

There are something like four exceptions to this rule: weapon choices that actually do make a difference to your exalted ability. All but the first are probably bugs:
  • Shotguns and rifles can equip different mods, so choosing a weapon from one category or the other affects how you can mod for Titania/Ivara's exalted-primary-weapon abilities.
  • Dual Toxocyst get a temporary firerate buff on headshot, which can be used to buff the first few seconds of Mesa's peacemaker.
  • Mire has an invisible 10% toxin damage that slightly increases your total damage and can also be used to make new elemental combos, especially in combination with chromatic blade.
  • Zaws with "exodia" arcanes equipped will still provide their arcane effects. You can shoot exploding sword grenades with exodia contagion, you can make a low-damage explosion around yourself whenever you proc status with Exodia Force, et cetera. If you have Contagion/Epidemic from the plague event they might be worth playing around with but I wouldn't want to go through the massive ostron rep grind to get the non-event exodias.

Every weapon except those four will perform exactly the same. The game totally ignores the base stats and only looks at the equipped mods.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 19, 2018

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Iirc shotgun mods don’t work at all on Ivara

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh poo poo really? That's weird.
I know both rifle and shotgun mods work on Titania (even though her exalted weapon is a pair of dual pistols...)

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Forget Ivara's mechanics. Now I just wanna figure out how a shotgun bow would work? And when will DE add it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sazabi posted:

Forget Ivara's mechanics. Now I just wanna figure out how a shotgun bow would work? And when will DE add it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yaiAaf0Og

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
That first build looks like it's set up terribly (handspring? steel fiber in the wrong polarity?) but has mostly the stuff I use. I'd prefer to be tanky over worrying about not getting an energy orb and blind duration or whatever. I'd vastly recommend Life Strike over Healing Return. Exalted Blade already blocks most of the damage from the front while you're swinging, and the situations where you'd lose health and need to recover are burst damage situations where you're surrounded or you fall into a toxin/radiation cloud etc. Chromatic Blade does so much damage you just need to tap the mouse button for a split second to refill, and you can determine when you need health at any time. Healing Return only heals you if you don't kill a target outright (so high level enemies) and is too slow to deal with a large amount of damage. You never need slow regeneration because Excalibur already mostly blocks everything and everything dies before they can hurt you.

Baiard fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 19, 2018

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

[*]Dual Toxocyst get a temporary firerate buff on headshot, which can be used to buff the first few seconds of Mesa's peacemaker.
[*]Mire has an invisible 10% toxin damage that slightly increases your total damage and can also be used to make new elemental combos, especially in combination with chromatic blade.
[*]Zaws with "exodia" arcanes equipped will still provide their arcane effects. You can shoot exploding sword grenades with exodia contagion, you can make a low-damage explosion around yourself whenever you proc status with Exodia Force, et cetera. If you have Contagion/Epidemic from the plague event they might be worth playing around with but I wouldn't want to go through the massive ostron rep grind to get the non-event exodias.
[/list]

Every weapon except those four will perform exactly the same. The game totally ignores the base stats and only looks at the equipped mods.

Afaik they "fixed" the toxocyst - peacemaker synergy. I was also under the impression the base weapon damage type determined exalted damage type but could be wrong.

Also, the plague event zaws don't provide a bonus toxin damage like mire, right?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The plague zaws come with free viral instead of toxin.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Raptor1033 posted:

Afaik they "fixed" the toxocyst - peacemaker synergy. I was also under the impression the base weapon damage type determined exalted damage type but could be wrong.

Also, the plague event zaws don't provide a bonus toxin damage like mire, right?

You can't use plague weapons to get viral damage, twin basolk to get heat damage, dark sword to get radiation damage, etc.
The mire's weird toxin bonus is unique. (And buggy -- it doesn't even show up in the weapon's own damage display!)

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

That is the exact right amount of stupid for warframe

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Dude even sounds like Dale Gribble. Lotus bless you for your find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

First Grineer bow found.